Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fun & Games

Rayn H'voc

R
The Sanctum was a fresh sight to Rayn. In all her years as a soldier in the Confederacy, she never had the pleasure of journeying these halls. The walls were adorned by beautiful green curtains with a gold trim and the floors were works of art, even for floors. Rayn had been invited to the Sanctum by her new teacher in the arts of Teräs Käsi, Vorhi Alestrani.
"I surely do hope my master doesn't underestimate me.." Rayn worried. She was ady to learn whatever she could from Master Vorhi no matter the cost. With knowledge of Teräs Käsi, Rayn would become an even greater asset.
@[member="Vorhi Alestrani"]

Vorhi smirked as the door opened, dangling from a ceiling. It was nice, albeit a little strange, dangling upside down while "looking" over and old scroll. "Oh, you must be my appointment," he said swinging slightly as he waved cheerily. "So, young lady. How are you today? Prepared for instruction?"

He let go of the suspended silk scarves he dangled from and landed in front of the young woman, giving a quick bow. "I am Vorhi Alestrani, Miss Rayn. It's a pleasure." He evaluated her calmly. Lots of cybernetics, lot of unorthodox energies flowing through her. Tension, too. A military bearing, a storied past. This was gonna be a tough one to crack. Still he'd figure her out, how to help her set out on the path.

@[member="Rayn H'voc"]

Rayn H'voc

R
Rayn looked around for her teacher, but saw nothing. It was when he spoke that she looked up in surprise to see the man who'd be teaching her was hanging from the ceiling like some bat. She was lost for words for a moment then found them. "Uh..yes. That'd be me. I am..fine. fine and ready to learn." she replied.

Rayn took a proper stance as her new teacher landed back on the ground. She returned the bow, in kind. "Pleasure is all mine, Master Vorhi." stated Rayn in a respectful tone. Her eagerness to learn was hidden by a serious look on her face. On the outside, was a seirous soldier, but on the inside, was an excited young girl.

Vorhi smirked. "Don't worry, I'm just keeping fake eyes on you, since mine currently don't exist," he said with a slight chuckle as he looked at the young woman. "Walk with me," he said with a quick hand wave, urging the paler woman to follow her with a hand gesture. "So, tell me, Miss Rayn, what do you intend to learn from Teras Kasi? Why study with me?"

He kept appraising her as he walked, deciding to learn more about her. Teras Kasi wasn't a singular discipline. There were hundreds and forms and methods--and training someone he didn't know wasn't terribly helpful to either of them. If he was to impart the wisdom of a Teras Kasi expert to her, he needed to know what she already thought of all of this.

@[member="Rayn H'voc"]

Rayn H'voc

R
Rayn chuckled weakly at his statement. "Right.." she said before follow him. Her heels clicked with each step behind the obvious Miralukan. She was pretty nervous to learn such a technique from a blind man, but she didn't discriminate. She was sure he could kick her ass and then some if she challenged him. "Well, I was hoping to learn some, or, if you have the time, all of them, Master Vorhi." she replied. She was willing to put as much time, sweat, and effort needed to become a master at Teras Kasi techniques.

"I don't think either of us has fifteen years, not at this point," he said cheerfully. "Nothing against you, but everything I know's a long--and hard to pronounce--list. Still, some techniques are more useful than others to certain people. Let us suppose your hands are a weapon--what kind of weapon are they? A knife, a club, a flaming sword, a pistol? How do you fight already?"

He stopped at a door, opening it and heading into the courtyard. It was a nice day out. Good for getting a workout. He smirked. "So, tell me, miss, what is your move in a garden with an old fool?"

Rayn H'voc

R
"Well then, master Vorhi, if I had to choose anything I'd say my hands are most like a dagger: quick and precise." she replied. She laughed nervously at her master's question. "And if you could just narrow that list down to the essentials, that'd be awesome." Rayn said eagerly. She began to walk with a little pep in her step, looking outside as her master proceeded to exit the building. "I'm sorry?" she replied, confused at his question.

He smirked absentmindedly, tilting his head to stare intently at a tree. had he been too cryptic? Probably. He did that sometimes when teaching. He nodded. "A dagger. You are the quick and spritely sort. Neat," he said calmly. "In that case we should start with the Förräderi." He said thoughtfully.

"No matter how fast you are there, will always be someone faster. Förräderi combines speed and deception. It allows you to defeat a faster opponent by appearing harmless until it is too late. It is a form designed to appear as casual as possible while creating the most points of contact," he said calmly.

"Förräderi is not a casual, or tournament-friendly style. It is to be used to manipulate your enemy into believing there isn't a fight. You like until you strike, quickly, to exploit surprise. It is built on posing as a civilian, acting like a fool, and playing clumsy right up until your opponent is doomed," he said, making his point plain and simple. "So, on three, look casual. One...two...three!" He said, waiting to see her reaction.
@[member="Rayn H'voc"]

Rayn H'voc

R
Rayn was honestly confused about her master. Confused yet intrigued. He was a strange man, but interesting. "The Fora-who, master?" she asked. She knew little about Teras Kasi. Only rumors. Rumors and subtle whispers of the martial art.

His description of Förräderi registered into Rayn's brain implant. There it would be stored and ready to access whenever Rayn might need it. "Speed and deception. Got it." she stated to herself. This style was one she could relate to. Rayn was always one to use deception and mind games to fool her adversaries if they were lucky enough to even catch her.

Rayn began to get lost in her thoughts of conjuring scenarios where Förräderi would prove quite beneficial. Her master's command awoke her from her daydreaming. She reacted as best she could. She quickly took a seat on the ground and pretended to fiddle with a stick in her hands.

Vorhi smiled as she caught on quick. Good. He smiled. "Okay, now, observe your body. How many ways can you attack me from this position? How many of your limbs are free? How much effort will it take to get off the ground and strike at me? Can you strike at me from the ground? How able are you to fight me, from your position?"

He smirked. This was the most basic test of Förräderi. Start with a relaxed position, then reconfigure it into a combative one using the environment. Förräderi was technique that relied on looking harmless, but preserving momentum. "How fast can you strike while coiled, young Dragon-Snake?"

Rayn H'voc

R
Rayn looked up towards him slowly then she looks at her body, examining it closely. "Well..I could grab you, wrestle you down, kick you maybe? To get up however, that could prove troublesome." she replied. She was beginning to reconsider her chosen position. It was a stupid idea to sit down unless you were fighting an ewok or a jawa. Stupid.

She looked back up to her trainer and thought about other decisions she could and should have made. So many ideas that came to her too late. "Um..I suppose not that quickly, master.." she said to her master.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom