Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fun! And Kinrath. (Ask to join)

The Silent Erika flew over wide, peaceful grasslands in the early morning. Its black chromium body shining from even a little bit of Dantooine dawn.

She had been putting it off for a while, had been distracted. And there was all the fun with the Mandragora going on. She wasn't about to start slinging magic she barely understood though. It was enough she was slowly learning on the go.

There had been a vault. An old one. One close to some distant, ancient ruins. Some stone chapterhouse that had crumbled to nothing except foundation. At least on the surface.

Maple felt queasy coming here. The last tine she had been to Dantooine, it had been to get rid of her Jedi trappings and go to the masses. Escape all this. Try to find some normal.

But as time went on, and Maple found herself falling back into familiarity with the violence of the galaxy, all its sweat and blood and blasters and sex, she had uncomfortably gotten the idea that perhaps she just enjoyed the life too much to truly walk away. Perhaps all she had been coming to terms with was the fact that now she actually got to enjoy herself, instead of just focusing on the next dead Sith or Dark Jedi. Always able to look but never touch...

The Silent Erika planted itself on a grass clearing. The bounty hunter prepped for a hike into the woods, grabbing her rifle and cane, along with a small backpack of food and prepared to hike into the woods close to the ruins, where the vault was hidden. It was more of a small underground bunker really. She had discovered it as a padawan, and had never told a soul. Sometimes, even a padawan acknowledged the value of a hidden bunker only you were aware of. She had used it as a rainy day supply. And she sensed it was going to be some very rainy days ahead.

Clad in her black biker leathers, Maple ventured off the ship, venturing onto the grasslands. This part of Dantooine had few travelers, but a few came to the woods these days, either for pleasure or excercise. Usually. Sometimes Jedi came here. She tried not to think of the possibility.

[member="Matsu Ike"], [member="Kyle Ajahn"]

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
[member="Maple Harte"]

Matsu remaines still, these ruins were old... ancient by most standards and the empire that spawned them well more so but there was something to be said about them. THey knew how to last longer then many could see. So she was being careful with them, she was ensuring that they would continue to stand and when she had discovered a vault of equipment well she played at it. Mostly leaving it be but adding a few extra things that might be useful. Like one of their field survival kits for rations, food and water both. She wasn't going to mess with the contents of it, someone had used it so they might comeback.

But she could go ahead and work on the ruins restoring some fo the droids that were there with protocol droids from Saotome, doubling as bodyguards and protectors of the ruins as well as to those who needed it service droids. The sleek legionnaire style protocol droids, the always strong commando style droids and the sphere like repair drones that roamed around. THe jedi master herself was also taking care, prepared for anything that might happen she stood there in the robes and they looked simple. Synthmesh exterior robe, skylar interior and her field kit on her hip. Hair black and oiled with scented oils before small tiny inth metal and crystal bells jingled as she walked.

She looked up and flicked her eyes across the field but didn't say anything. She could feel someone coming, approaching but was to far off to properly see them. A gues, a raider, someone local.. it could be any number of things before her hands came out and moved some fo the rocks and sections of the ruins away to go deper into what remained. The sound of the overseer droid speaking dozens of languages at her while she was working. They had disabled its movement and its connection to the ruins to command other droids appear so they would have to work until it was quiet cause then it wouldn't be trying to stop them from going deeper.

She walked the serene grasslands in the early morning towards the forest, discomforted by being back here. She knew Loste Citadel awaited in Dantooine's mountain range. Sandraven's stronghold. The Marksmen's home. She could not feel Ursula on the world. Either she was hiding her presence, or she simply was no longer there. But Maple guessed Ursula was not dead. She would feel it if Sandraven died. Whether she wanted to or not.

"You have to keep both eyes open when shooting. This reduces your eye strain. It also allows you to switch eyes during shooting. Lastly, it allows you to keep track of what's going on in your immediate vicinity."

Uri looked at Ursula from the raised, grassy knoll she was lying prone on with her rifle. The Jedi Shadow walked about her apprentice in a measured, crisp pace, clad in her sterile white catsuit. Due to being a Twi'lek, she had no hair and her eyes were a sharp blue in contrast Uri's wet green. Her skin was a rich purple color, and she was fit, and had a slightly more muscular frame then Uri herself.

"I'm having trouble leading shots."

"Use the Force to help guide your shot. Don't think too much like an ordinary sniper now. Remember, you have a much greater resource to work with."

Uri breathed in an out. Ursula's fine features remained impassive as Uri focused on the droid they were using for practice. She would make Maple stay here until she could lead the shot like it was second nature. Ursula was a perfectionist. A taskmaster.

"Again," Ursula ordered calmly.

Uri fired at the droid's head. She missed.

"You are still not trusting your instincts Udinia. You hesitate. You are...uncertain. Sniping is commitment to the task."

"I know, Master Sandraven."

"Good. Show me you understand better. Again."

Maple pulled out of the memory. She did not like thinking about her too much. Ursula had betrayed her in the end. There were better ways to demonstrate the dangers of the darkness than having her personally kill her old friends. Tracking the Scarlet Phantom, Her ship, was more morbid curiosity than anything else. What had she been up to since Uri had left? Was she still the same disciplinarian she was back then.

There had been a time Maple had looked up to Ursula like she was incapable of doing wrong. But that was a sentiment long gone. Maple respected Sandraven's capabilities, but abhored her method of conveying a truth. In the end, it had simply proven too much.

And now here she was, back in the violence again, and this time she wasn't on Sandraven's watch. She'd gone native, as she had heard a padawan put it once. How would Ursula react once she found out Maple was alive, if she found out?

She was distracted by a tranquil radiance she felt in the distance. She knew what kind of presence it was.

Jedi.

Maple felt uneasy as she continued walking towards the ruins close to the forest, spotting droids, protocol models, soldier, repair, roaming about. The presence was powerful, radiant, and close by, and Maple knew the only route to the vault was through there, but it looked as though she had stumbled onto something.

She did not want to speak to the Jedi. Partly out of bad memories being drudged up, but also because, on a deep level, Maple still felt conflicted. But the vault beckoned. She headed to the first Legionnaire Droid nearby.

"Excuse me, I have to get into the Forest beyond. Who is out here working?"

"Jedi Master [member="Matsu Ike"]," the droid answered, directing her to the deeper ruins beyond. Very close to the vault itself. She would not have been surprised if the Jedi had actually found it in the process of her work.

Maple followed the directions to the Master, tensing up, not wanting to have her thoughts sensed out but not really having much choice. Not like she would be able to hide the fact she was a Force user anyway. As she walked in the dark forest trail she spotted remains of a dead kinrath, hidden under overgrowth. Great. They were burrowing nearby.

Finally coming upon Master Ike, she steadied herself. Keep it simple. Don't offer details unless asked.

"You are Master Ike? I'm sorry to disturb you. But there is a structure beyond I need to visit, and I'm not sure how far your work in this area has progressed. Would I be disturbing anything if I just went ahead? What are you doing anyway?"

Last edited:
[member="Maple Harte"]

She felt something that gave her pause at first.. coming here? She thought about it, she focused with it and reached out but more in the searching method that many might not feel. She knew how to hide herself when she turned her attention back towards the work she was doing. THen was getting told someone had approached them asking about the ruins. "SHow them here." She said it when she was standing around the room with one of the droids. THen later someone came in as the jedi master stood to her full height. All five feet of it with black hair going over her shoulders and down her back to her ankles. Thick braids with small inth metal bells and crystals.

"Welcome." She said it before walking forward and the gentle sound of the bells jingling was there, she looked up at her with her eyes and didn't need to blink yet as she looked for small expressions. Didn't always need the force to read body language while she stopped a nrutral distance away. In a stace that was close enough to talk but away enough not to be invasive, a simple expression on her face when she looked up more curious about the girl until she spoke. "I am master Ike, welcome and to answer... no you won't bother us. We found the vault you are seeking." She said it there wasn't much here you'd come to find otherwise.

The jedi master motioned with her hand towards a table with some tea on it, the crystal set that Kiriko had made her,. the jasmine vine leaves... all of it screamed elegance compared to some but the rest of the room was ruins. Filled with traces where she had been working with her tool kit to uncover parts of it. Where the droids were keeping watch over her to have a smile. "It isn't often I get non jedi company on digs like this. Let alone suddenly have beautiful woman appear.... with weapons." She said it and offered a smile, a joke to lighten the mood before she slipped into the seat and started to pour some tea.

Such a soothing manner, Maple thought as [member="Matsu Ike"] offered her a seat. And such beauty. Maple made note of the long black locks and their beads and crystals, how it went all the way down to her ankles. It was the great paradox of the Jedi Order...always nabbing the hot ones. The Sith tended to do this also, but if they were really set in their ways, they tended not to stay pretty for long unless they had skills. Maple guessed at Matsu being a Consular, but did not voice it.

Matsu's aura was soothing, but Maple was withdrawn from it as she took a seat, admiring the crystal set. The tea smelled good. At Matsu's confirmation of Maple's suspicion, Maple nodded slowly.

"Thank you for the tea," Maple said. Skip. In a dungeon room for days, the ancient ghosts of the Sith whispering. Skip. Not real. The snakes in her brain, along with Doashim, thought she should speak up, but Maple was slightly apprehensive about it. She avoided Jedi normally. Not because she bore a grudge. It was because some of them...Matsu probably included, could see into your soul if they tried hard enough. See all your sins. Including the ones you didn't want them to see. Maple's sins were the type drenched in blood. And madness. And regret. Regret enough to choke her sometimes. Part of her was still tempted by the Jedi Teachings. But she liked the freedom, the credits, the blasters, the arm wrestling with Zombie Anakin, who had not been real the past five minutes nor would he ever be real, and fast ships, and beautiful women. In short, she liked being independent.

"So, Jedi Archeologist?" she asked tentatively.

[member="Maple Harte"]

"Generalist." She corrected more with a look. "I have spent years working to function is all areas of the order instead of just one or two. It gives me something of a chance to." She held a hand out while she was pouring with the other to indicate everything. "I get to have the freedom to explore the galaxy." She smiled though and moved the tea over to her. Not looking deeply but there was something there.. this one her mind was... going several kilometers a minute with things and she really couldn't follow any of the base surface thoughts. Her mind retreated back from it though while she was within the ruins bringing her attention around.

"So if I may ask, what brings such a pretty young woman as yourself all the way out here? There is not much on Dantooine, the ruins and enclave are not much interest since they are not in use and the farmers don't do much." She was curious but no need for a mental probe. She preferred asking the questions and being straight forward with a small bit of interest. One thing she had managed to get from the impression was there as the jedi master leaned a little back in the chair and relaxed herself with a smile. Sipping at the tea as she inhaled the scent of it. Richness, sweetness with that hint of flowers in the air.

"Here for a...rainy day supply. Put it here a few years back." Maple answered to the point. "Armor. Supplies--" she took a sip of an admittedly delicious tea before continuing. "--Bounty Hunter stuff."

Maple looked around. Matsu was a traveler, it seemed. And well off enough to maintain her hair that way.

"Been a while since I been back here. Kinrath problem ain't changed much." she thought aloud. "Found a dead one hidden in some overgrowth before coming here. If there is one, there is possibly more in the area. Thats how it works with Kinrath."

Maple shifted in her seat, her black biker leathers crunching audibly. She sipped more tea.

"I have some experience scouting. If you spotted any other Kinrath these past few days, I'd be happy to track them to their layer. Its gotta be close by because the one I spotted was a straggler. Malnourished."

It was more comfortable offering to help Matsu out with the local work than actually talking about anything personal. At least with an offer of help Matsu would know she wasn't some random scavenger looking to plunder Jedi secrets, even if she did not necessarily learn the whole story.

"Dantooine, beyond that, is a nice planet. Looking to go hiking at some point." she told Matsu, silently wondering for a split second of fear that this was the Mind-Binder, using some sort of false light side aura. Would the Mind-Binder go to this length to introduce herself. Maple had a feeling she would, but also an equally strong feeling this was just a Jedi Master. A curious one. She's staring at you stay calm. Do you have cake? No? Ask Doashim.

Spirits do not require cake, girl. Doashim rumbled in annoyance from within.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Maple Harte"]

Hmm listening to her, there was something there... something below the surface and the curiosity of the jedi master warred with her wanting to not take everything and dissect it to find the hidden meaning. Words were sometimes just words and sometimes they couldn't say everything. Matsu herself took another sip and offered a small smile. "Well if it is for you then, all I can say is..." She let the small smile turn into a grin. "We might have added one or two things to it, nothing major that can be risky or take away.... but someone as lovely as you. Can't have you getting hurt. Also maybe try one of our new biometric locks, it would make it so only you can open it should you return again."

The kinraths could be a dangerous thing, getting the bounty hunter to go after them, well paying her to do it. She wasn't going to send someone to do something she was willing to do herself because she just didn't like that idea. "As to the kinraths my dear Lady Harte... well I can offer you some payment should you wish to handle them and protect us from a danger like them. You seem more then capable and should you want to use any of our equipment or prefer payment in other forms then credits. We can do that. We have some ranger weapons and a vehcile or two you might be able to use or sell for yourself."

Maple nodded in understanding. Ike was generous, she was--

--warm. Unlike Ursula.

Maple almost winced as the memory and decision of not sticking to kinder teachers weighed heavy on her, and she wondered what she had ever saw in learning how to use a rifle. Why she ever thought the Marksmen could work. It was like trying to plug a man sized hole in a space hull with chewing gum.

"I thank you for your generosity, Matsu. I do have one stipulation for my services. I used to visit Dantooine a lot in my youth. Though the Kinrath are a problem, this is pretty much their habitat. I would prefer some non lethal solution to this if at all available."

Maple then froze. She remembered something.

"The Kinrath," she said. "They have a gland. Pheremones. If I hurry, it might still be harvested fresh. With your permission of course."

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Maple Harte"]

Matsu looked at her and the girl seemed to be thinking about something for the moment. Then she had an idea about the kinrath while the jedi master gave a nod of her head. "They do but harvesting a gland is not needed." Her hand came out and a small case was with one of the droids. A fleshy sack inside emitted a scent that was strong but the pheromone lure was made to hold and produce itself different pheromones with a small sample from the creature. "We have pheromone lures to keep some fo them away so please take one if you would like to use." She offered a warm smile as well as a hand with the lure before she was tapping her chin.

"For non lethal weapons we do have a stunner, ion paddle beamer will shut down the systems of most species. The stun rods we created can be useful but they are heavier then most people would like." She wasn't saying the woman was weak but the rods were made for matukai force users, heavy but able to penetrate most armors with a strong stunning shock. Plus it had a secondary emitter with the stun beam... so melee and range would work if you used it correctly. "I am sure you are able to handle it my Lady Harte but do be careful. The stun stick is made to stun rock like being and get through some fo the strongest armors in the galaxy."

She offered a hand bringing one fo the rods up to be on the table. The rod, the lure and raising an eyebrow. This young woman had done a great deal and offered plenty, so time to well help her out and give her a few things. "Hopefully you'l return here when this is done. A beauty such as you can only make this planet better for coming to visit." She smiled to herself though while enjoying a little indulgence. A jedi master in ruins all day with droids rarely had good human contact so the rare beauty that comes into the site.. wearing armor, with weapons and offering to help. It was something she would want to foster and encourage.

Maple took notice of how Matsu had thrice now called her pretty in some way. She figured Matsu was just being friendly. Still, she seemed like she had had just a bit more fun than normal pointing it out. Hell, she was cute enough that Maple didn't mind, though she still kept her distance and was polite.

"You flatter me, Master Ike," she said, noting the luxuriously long hair as Ike laid out the stun rods and the lure, which looked...squishy to say the least.

She picked up the stun rod, she twirled it, getting a feel for the weight. She liked it.

"Sticks are a specialty of mine. This will do," she said, taking the rod, as well as the biot. She would have to sample the kinrath, but it would help.

She stared at Ike. It must be lonely, searching these ruins like that. Only droids to keep her company.

She then perked up when Ike said she made these. Matsu must be in manufacturing. The biot seemed like specialty work.

"I'll track the Kinrath to their source. Should take me about forty minutes, these things don't like to stray too far from their own territory." She bowed, turning to leave, though she turned back one more time to face Matsu.

"My name is Maple Harte. Its a pleasure to meet you." she said, ignoring the fact that everyone in the galaxy had turned into nexu. Her included. It was part of the origin. One of them, anyway.

[member="Maple Harte"]

She was looking at her head off, a smile on her face while she stood there for a moment. Clasping her hands in front of her and bowing. "Until you return Lady Harte." Matsu waited until she was gone with the equipment and she went back to working with the droids where they were all looking. The droids had been uncovering different parts of the ruins. Where she was going to be able to look within it, study the remains of the technology for themselves, checking the sections of the star map chambers and other vaults that were already opened to restore them. She wanted to make sure this place was usable. She was setting aside the vault for Maple.

"Hmm make sure this one is secured and that the biometrics have the Lady Harte on file. Her vault will be left untouched understood." She got nods of approval from the droids as they were working on things. Where she was setting all of it up, where she had secured the lockplate with the cylinder that she could have for Maple to designated code herself. Keeping it like a little safe zone here with the sonic fences to keep the kinrath and other creatures away from the ruins. Her eyes went around as she left instructions to be brought out to her if Maple arrived back at the ruins. The jedi master was working at a desk with different artifacts.

Maple headed back to the kinrath, partially to get a sample to synthesize the pheremones for the biot, and partially to get a sense of where it came from.

She pulled off the overgrowth covering the dead animal. She spotted knife wounds on its belly. It had taken the poor thing some wandering before death.

She spotted its tracks, partly obscured by its blood and mud and red blood. That of a human. It went deeper into the woods, very close to the vault. She followed the blood and broken branches, through thick trees that went high into the sky, casting it all in darkness. The sun had yet to fully rise high enough for it to matter. She found a dead body, impaled through the leg, its armor in tatters. It was holding something. A pistol. She knealt down, pulling out her staff and testing underneath the body itself all around before poking the pistol itself with a stick. There were no traps.

She knealt down, cautiously, pulling the pistol out carefully and examining it for any modifications to indicate the pistol itself might be booby trapped. It appeared to be a dart gun. A VT series. She checked the ammo. Tranq rounds. She carefully rolled the body over with her stick. The Kinrath must have surprised him. The poison might have done the rest after the wounds. She spotted one intact ammo pouch that had intact tranq rounds. It was small. Twenty, to be precise. She checked it carefully also before taking it.

She also spotted a strange, glowing amber crystal, but she didn't recognize it. But she felt the Force within it. Amber kyber? That was...rare. Was it Kyber? She was not sure.

She headed deeper into the woods, examining the crystal. She sensed more Kinrath close by.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Maple Harte"]

Matsu continued to work, letting the force guide her hands as she stretched out for a moment feeling her joints pop one after the other. Arms above her head and the droid were still bringing her a few things.. her attention on a few artifacts they had managed to bring in when she wanted to check out the ruins near the old academy. They were close enouhgh the two could easily be viewed together so there was that and Matsu looked up at it. Datapads of information the old jedi had on the ruins when she started working on parts of it to better improve the maps they were making of the ruins, with the vault and she could see the motion sensor talking about where Maple was outside. For alerts of her and the creatures.

Maple crouched low as she walked, moving downwind as best as she could, through the dark woods. She heard the sounds of Kinrath in distress.

Keeping low, she headed towards a thick tree and peaked from behind cover.

She saw two mercenaries in purple armor.

"Did you see that Kinrath they hauled from one of the caves? I've never seen another one like it. How deep was it?

"Deep." The other one answered. "There's this network of tunnels that runs very deep in Dantooine. Deep enough it starts to get warm. Steam vents, and stuff. That's where they found it. Where they found all of them. Got it nice and caged at the other site, awaiting pick-up."

"What about the surface Kinrath? They seem to be getting more aggressive than usual."

"The shuttle picks us all up with the payload in forty minutes. Well before they'll become a serious problem."

"I can't raise Teron on comlink." complained the first one."

"Teron's always drunk. Heard him screaming earlier. Probably went to that big star destroyer in the sky."

"I hope." the other said with a chuckle.

Maple took out the stun stick Matsu had loaned her, creeping up in the grass silent as a mouse on both of them as they surveyed the cages of kinrath. She delivered a spinning swipe with her staff into the head of one while jamming the blunt and heavy stick into the back of the other, knocking him out cold. The other guy was only knocked back and stunned and he went for his vibrorapier making deadly lunge that she drunkenly parried, stumbling deliberately as he lunged for what he thought was an opening, only for her to sway almost awkwardly to the right, while chaotically twisting the staff around her arm to deflect the stab and slam him in the head with it, finally knocking him out.

Maple pulled out a comlink, tuning it to the dig site frequency she had gotten before leaving.

"Maple to Master Ike. Encountered unidentified men taking Kinrath. Possible poachers. Said they found a strange Kinrath they never seen before."

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Maple Harte"]

She was slightly startled for a moment as it came, the sound of the comlink from an unknown before she was looking up and nodded. Then Maple was speaking as the jedi master frowned and was curious but she didn't disbelieve... moving towards the location as she reached out with the force. Her body moving silently and into the caves where she had her equipment on her hip. "On my way." She said it and listened within the force to follow and check on the girl, making a small combat meld open like she had taught most of her students. It served several purposes one which was to let them know where there was danger or a problem. Another was because you could communicate in case of technology that could be a problem. "I am here." She had moved and was crouching in the area looking back as she looked towards the tunnels using some of the scanning equipment she had. "What is the situation?"

The bounty hunter had made decent time through the woods, though much of that was spent trying to evade a swarm of Kinrath on the move. Their shrieks indicating a disturbance close to the cave Maple had come upon, with an old YT frieghter on a clearing in the middle of some trees in the woods.

The mercenaries at the site were all dead, and Kinrath roamed the whole of it, including the tattered remains of a camp tent.

Maple felt the radiating presence of Matsu descend on the site, searching her out, Maple stiffening as she felt her body fill with more energy. Matsu was a bond specialist. An experienced one. Maple just felt like she had gotten a dose of caffiene.

"Whatever these guys did, they upset the kinrath. See how agitated they are?" Maple asked the beautiful Jedi as the Kinrath creapt around the cave at high speed, focusing around the tattered tent.

Maple took out the biot. "I'll lead 'em away with pheremones, you check that tent, Master Ike. From what I could gather, they may have found either a mutated Kinrath...or possibly even a new species. And there's this." she added, showing Matsu the strange amber crystal.

"Found it on a dead poacher. Seems like the same kind of crystal you find in a cave here. But given its proximity to this I'm assuming its involved in some way. Here." she said handing it to Matsu before running off toward the kinrath, waving the biot, letting them catch the scent in the wind.

"Here kinnies. Sniff the weird thing in the box. Smells good don't it? Come and get me!" She said, waving the box around, hoping it worked.

The groups of kinrath gave a shriek and followed. Maple ran to the woods, Matsu's meld making her run even faster than she normally did.

[member="Maple Harte"]

Matsu arrived and looked at her as she spoke. Taking in the scene fo the tents and the ship with the kinrath roaming around before the jedi master was taking in a couple parts of it. She had an idea of what might be happening before she was given the crystal to look at it. She held it in her hand before the jedi master itself... she coudln't sense much wrong with the crystal.. it was off color but didn't apear as something that was highly tainted. Could have been from bleeding and the creatures. A way that the sith tainted crystals for their own use was bleeding and burning them but this could just be some of the creatures.

Maple lured them off while she was moving silently and carefully down. Towards the ship and the jedi master could feel the force around herself. She could feel the creatures with a nod of her head before they headed off after Maple into the woods. Until the jedi master focused, investigating the tent and she opened the flap as she went back. Slowly seeing the creatures, feeling them, feeling the beings who had been here and it was like they were in reverse for a moment until she could see what they were doing with the crystals. Risks of a few more things, whatever it was they had been hired on to get crystals.

Then they were getting attacked by something, the crystals taken from the caves where the kinraths had felt and been staying near the force. The warmth of the crystals that they were responding to as there were mutated creatures. The leigrek were like kinrath and could be even nastier as they seemed to be attacking them. A danger, a risk before the jedi master pulled herself back when she stood there and went through the tent finding what small mapping equipment they had to find some of the caves the leigrak were in. The grey-black creatures if they were forcing and agitating the kinrath could cause problems like this.

Maple didn't hate Kinrath, but as of this moment she sure didn't like them. She was scrambling deeper into the woods, away from the vault but the creatures just kept giving chase. She had the biot still. The creatures shrieked and picked up their speed, some trying to flank her as she ran for her life. She pulled out her dart gun, hoping that dead merc at least had the correct dosage and fired at one. The kinrath the dart hit seemed to slow down for a second but still gave chase, as it would take time for the tranq to work. But it would work quickly, as the creature was circulating it faster by running with its spidery legs. She fired at another as she ran, not willing to resort to the pain of a stunstick unless there was no choice. She bounded over a log, hearing the scramble over it only a few steps behind her. Kinrath always were persistent little buggers when you got them riled.

It would be a battle of attrition. Maple would run, taking shots at whatever Kinrath pursued, occasionally hitting one and waiting for the tranq to take effect. She repeated this pattern until the last of fourteen Kinrath that had been chasing her had all been put asleep. Maple was out of breath, hands resting on her thighs as she struggled to catch it. She had done it as non-violently as possible, so as to not permanently traumatize the animals. She pulled out her comlink.

"Master Ike. Its Maple. Kinrath are all asleep. What did you find on your end? Anything about this 'Mystery Kinrath' the poachers caught? I got some great excercise by the way! Forgot how fast these little devils can run."

Maple was actually pretty eager to hear, because this had gotten way more interesting then some vault retrieval.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Maple Harte"]

Matsu was still in the vision when she heard something a voice on the comlink and Maple was there before she was moving quickly. "I did." She was snapping out of it and going where she was able to see it. Parts of what they were risking here. "It wasn't a kinrath they found, a legreik nest.. they seem like Kinrath but are bhere on dantooine and were in the basement of the old enclave once upon a time." She said it an dthe creatures looked similar but the creatures were not as easily docile as the kinrath.... With a look though she was going around to check out soem of the other parts here. Equipment that they had brought and the ramp of the ship had some eggs in stasis crates.

"Looks like they disturbed a nest and the leigreks came to attack, it drew the kinrath becauser they didn't know the different between the eggs." A small look on her face as it was going to be hard to fel terible about it. The creatures were very dangerous and most were warned about them... so if you ignored it you couldn't expect a whole lot... She just cared as much as a jedi master could regretting the lose of life in the general sense. "We shall be checking on some parts of it though, I imagine whoever hired them or sent them here to be killed was using them more as a decoy to lure the leigreks out of the caves near the ruined enclave."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom