Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fulfilling my duty.

I loved my beskad. It was a very trustworthy weapon. Standing blows from sabers, and blaster bolts. Using the heavy sword made my body in a very fit condition that could rival others who may have been taller than I. However, The blade was too large to conceal. It was not a weapon that was to be used everywhere. Needing to have lots of space to swing, and loads of strength to even swing. It was not practical against large hordes of Sithspawn or other enemy types.

I came to Exocron. The home planet of the religion of the Moross Crusade. I was here to learn of the Lightsaber. I knew that it would be tough. Using a weapon that weighed less than the normal amount of clothes that I carried on my body, I was alittle scared to try and swing it. I didn't want to end up with a lost limb or even dead.

Walking up the Temple's steps I was to meet with a Master whose name I completely forgot. He was going to help me in training with a saber. And hopefully he would help me construct my own. From there I would become a full fledged Force user.

@[member="Cameron Centurion"]

Folds of dark blue and grey glided lightly over the marble-stone of the corridor as Cameron departed the Hall of Aatrox. In recent days, he'd spent an ever-increasing amount of time in 'prayer'. In truth, the Sith Lord was meditating, recuperating strength from a recent journey into Sith space. It had been a necessary distraction, but it would have been foolish of the Sith Lord to think he could expend so much energy over a consistent period of time and not be effected. The time was drawing closer and closer at hand. Flexing his left fist, Cameron exhaled heavily. There would be need for a few human sacrifices tonight.

For now, however, the Sith Lord had an appointment with an individual that he knew by name alone. A worshiper of Kalee and one of the driving Converts of the organization. The woman's request had been simple as the Aesirs had informed him. Training in the composition, construction, and use of a lightsaber. If she had even a modicum of skill with a normal blade, it would be a relatively simple transition. Armed with his Sith Sword and lightsaber, Cameron arrived in the main foyer of the Temple. Clasping his hands behind his back, he positioned himself at the back of the room in plain view of the entrance. Silver-green orbs burned darkly from beneath the hood of his robes.

When Zoey's form appeared, he spoke swiftly. "Ms. Marix. Follow me to the Hall of Aatrox. The Deceiver will...bless your training." A thin smile appeared on the Sith Lord's lips as he turned and proceeded back down the corridor in the direction he'd come. When they arrived at the Hall of Aatrox, Cameron entered and stepped to the side, allowing Zoey to fill the room. As usual, the room was rather dimly lit, the only decoration the massive, imposing statute of a human male likeness of Aatrox. "What level of skill would you say you possess in basic melee weapon combat?"

@[member="Zoey Marix"]

With my Beskad over my back, I knew the fundamentals of sword play. Learning how to use a Beskad was similar to that of a vibrosword or even a simple durasteel blade. Beskads were heavier and thus had a different form, but for normal swords, I could easily convert. My only problem was Lightsabers. I had seen others use the weapons notorious for cutting through just about everything and being used by most force users. I really wondered what type of lightsaber crystal that I would have. Pink like my hair? no, thats to much color coded. Silver or white for my God Kalee? No thats already done with my shield.

All of these thoughts ran through my head when a dark skinned man, bald, yet looked rather handsome walked up in the colors of Altrox the Deceiver. His name came back to me in that instant. Master Centurion. He asked, more so commanded me to follow him into the Hall of Altrox, Inside I could make the shape of the God. The stature in all of its grandeur at the very back of the dimly lit room.

He asked me what level I would say that my swordsmenship was. Looking to him I answered him in a clear tone, "Proficient, able to take down a few hordes of Sithspawn and even a Mother Sithspawn. Dueled a few times with others. I still have much to learn though." There was always room to learn. No one ever stopped learning. Ether it be about the force, weapons, tactics or even how to drink tea the right way. Pulling out my Beskad from my back I held it out by both hands in a showing fashion rather than brandishing it as a weapon.

"I use this beskad as my main weapon. however, I once had a Vibrosword that is now broken and not usable." I wanted to give him as much information about my style of fighting so he could know which forms to teach me, and maybe even the lightsaber type. "I also use an Echani Dueling shield on my left arm."

Cameron resisted the urge to laugh. What was it with people and Sithspawn these days anyways? It was a very general term that could have ranged from a Leviathan to slightly altered sewer rat...yet so many wore the slaying of Sithspawn as a badge of pride. When Zoey had finished speaking, the Sith Lord motioned for her to put the Beskad away. She would not be needing any blade just yet. "To truly understand how to employ a lightsaber, you must first understand what it is. Tell me, in your own words, what you think it is."

This would be the Sith Lord's last real...question before instruction began. He merely needed to have a fairly decent idea of where her level of knowledge was on the subject matter.

@[member="Zoey Marix"]

As I was told that I would no longer need the sword. I put it back in between my shoulder blades. In its sheath, I felt the comfort of the heavy blade on my back. Though it was almost a meter long, well more like 3/4ths of a meter, It was considered a short sword, but it was heavier than what would be considered a long sword. I nodded my head as I was asked the question of the lightsaber. I took a moment to think and then answered.

"I know that the weapon was adopted by the Jedi a very long time ago in placement of swords, It uses a crystal, or more than one type of enhancer, for the blade. There are many forms of lightsabers. I know that it takes alot of concentration to use one, as you have to prevent yourself from swinging too far and lose a limb. I believe that there are ways to enhance a lightsaber with the force?" I finished in a slight question. And with the question, I knew that he would answer me with more detail about what a lightsaber was.

Zoey's presumption that Cameron would simply give her the answer was...well...correct and wrong at the same time. It was essential that the young woman understood the concept of a lightsaber before proceeding any further. The mechanical, technical nature of her response was intriguing in that it gave the Sith Lord insight into how the woman approached combat. No matter - they would be taking a little field trip to get back to the basics before she ever so much as touched a lightsaber.

Cameron's response came very matter-of-factly as he stepped towards a weapons rack that was more or less out of view behind a pillar. "It uses a great many parts to form the blade, and a butter knife can be deadly if you don't know what you're doing.". Pausing in speech, Cameron pulled two sticks just under a meter in length from the rack. Returning to Zoey, he tossed her one. "The focus and concentration required to wield a lightsaber has much more to do with how effective you desire to be. The lightsaber, like any weapon, should be little more than an extension of yourself. The lack of discernable weight to the blade does indeed make things...different, but the concepts remain largely unchanged from fighting with any other edged-weapon."

Flourishing his stick briefly, Cameron motioned for her to attack. "The basics of lightsaber combat start before you ever pick up a lightsaber. If you are not in sync with the Force and your own body, you are useless. With practice...you will be able to do things you never thought possible with a weapon. For now...I'd rather not have you killing yourself with a real weapon.". The Sith Lord was not attempting to insult the woman's abilities, but he needed her to understand that the standard she needed to train to was not that of Sithspawn or some inferior being.

She was a Crusader for Moross, for what it stood for. The Pantheon demanded nothing short of perfection, and Cameron would not permit a member of their combatant forces to be anything other than fully prepared. The Force was her true ally...time to see if she allowed it to aid her or struggled against its will.

@[member="Zoey Marix"]

I listened to the man's tone. Very prominent, and sticking out as a smartass like attitude. I hid the smiled that tried to creep on my lips as he turned his back. His answers to me brought up new questions, but I held my tongue as he tossed me a staff. I could have taken it as an insult that he handed me a "harmless" stick instead of a sword or other weapon, but like the man had said, "A butter knife could be deadly.." A stick can be as well.

His words had penetrated my mind and made me pay attention, and I did not fight back. I wanted to learn all that I could. Even if it would be only the basics, I wanted to learn all of the basics. Twirling the stick around I had to get accumulated to the weight of the stick. Being far less than the Beskad, I would have to be cautious of my movements. At his motion of attacking him. I took a stance as I would with a beskad. Two handed grip, in front of me with my knees bent and my dominate foot back.

At the last word that was spoken by him. I lashed out. I came in with a wide arc over my head to have a follow through towards the left. Quickly I brought my "blade" back in a right swing. The followthough with my "blade" had my elbow up against my side, and with it being pointed straight at the man. I took a step towards him as I thrust with both hands on the "blade" at him. "Yhhhhha!" Came from my mouth as I lunged forwards. Being taught from a Sith, yelling "Increased" your power of a strike. Maybe it would work here?

Cameron's silver-green gaze remained locked on his student with a cold, calculating focus. The Sith Lord knew the role of a teacher, but he elected never to skimp on even the basics. After all, those that were truly brilliant at anything had simply mastered the basics. Yes, there were plenty of advanced techniques that could be learned and improvisation had a part to play. The issue was that many young people wanted to jump straight into the fancy and skip the basics. Zoey did not seem to suffer this affliction, and he was happy for that.

As the pink-haired woman flourished her stick and made a grunting lunge at him, Cameron arched a curious brow. Moving with the speed of the Force, he rotated his body away from her attack at the last second. At the same time, he closed the little remaining distance between them and delivered a powerful jab from his left hand directly towards the side of her face. His own stick remained in his right hand, elevated enough to prevent any potential retaliatory strike from Zoey.

Though...she'd been 'kind' enough to hold the stick with two hands, so it wasn't like she had a whole lot of options to protect her face given the speed with which the Sith Lord moved. "Stop.". The command was simple and held no anger.

@[member="Zoey Marix"]

As my body was bent forwards, the dark skinned man moved as a blur that was hardly visible in the dim light of the hall. All that I could feel was my face getting slapped and then hearing the command to stop. Even though my face stung from his hand, I stopped and leaned up to the man. He had moved from the front of me, to almost be at my side. I let go of my stick to allow it to be limply in my hand.

Looking towards him, I already knew that I may have made a Mistake already, but that was the point of coming here. To make mistakes and learn from them, before going into battle. "What is it Sir?" I asked. I tried to stay away from "whats wrong now?".

Cameron clasped his hands behind his back as he began walking towards the chamber's exit. The Sith Lord gave the girl no command to follow, but he was sure she'd figure it out. The 'test' was complete, and Cameron felt fairly certain he knew what he needed.

As he entered the main corridor and glided casually across the marble flooring, the Sith Lord responded to his newest student's question. "You fight like one that has had to rely on brute strength more than anything else in life." It was an interesting statement considering Zoey's size, but he'd certainly had his ass handed to him by small people in the past. "Combat is not nearly as mechanical as it is fluid. It's an art. Your mind and body must be completely in sync. Additionally, you are fortunate to have the ability to manipulate the Force. Do not fight the natural current of that which manages the pulse of the entire galaxy. Open your mind, body, and soul to it. Do not permit distraction but allow your emotions to fuel your connection to the Force."

Falling silent, the Sith Lord guided Zoey down an adjacent corridor. "Do you know what the hardest attack to prevent is?"

@[member="Zoey Marix"]

The darker skinned man started to walk away with out telling me to move with him. His voice began to move away from me as he stated that I had been using alot of brute strength in my life. I turned to follow him without saying a word. A beskad was generally used as a very offensive weapon. Alot of strength was required to even hold the blade, let alone swing it. So by me using it, I was a rather fit and powerful girl for my size.

The Sith then spoke of how Fighting was supposed to be more of an art, rather than a simple task. If you thought lowly of the form, then you would do only poor in it. he told me to not fight the natural current of the force. I already understood not to fight it. becuase it would only end up the unstoppable speed, slamming into the unmovable object. One would have to give. and in this instance it would be me.

I was told to use my emotions to fuel the force that I had control over. I nodded my head as he spoke, and with the question of what was the most hardest attack to block or parry, I had to think about it for a moment as I walked next to the man. I had heard about attacks to the physical body can be very difficult to block, but they can be trained against it. I thought about how the mind itself could be damaged through the force. and really I was stumped on this. I looked up to him as I tried to give a guess.

"An attack that would effect both the body and the mind?"

If an attack could hurt both the body and the mind at the same time, then the person would have to block both respectively. and if they slipped up even once, it could mean dying.

Cameron considered Zoey's response. In the frame of reference that one was combating a non-force sensitive individual, certainly. "At times that might be correct, yes. However, a more collective answer is one that is deceptively simple. The hardest attack to prevent...is the attack unseen."

As the two turned down a corridor that was gradually leading them towards the Temple gardens, Cameron gave Zoey another set of instructions. "Frontal assaults have their place in combat, but you will never fulfill the role of cannon fodder. You are needed as a highly refined weapon capable of turning warfare into a masterpiece. A true predator."

Stopping just short of the entrance to the gardens, Cameron turned towards Zoey. "Meet me on the planet Onderon in the city of Iziz five days from now. I will take you on a journey to understand the true art of warfare." The moment the words had left his mouth, the Sith Lord turned and departed.

@[member="Zoey Marix"]

((OOC: I'll start the Onderon thread for us Zoey, so we can continue with your training. It'll be in the private roleplaying forum, but I'll tag you.))

I followed the man as he continued to speak of fighting of an art, rather than a tool to be used for war. I had some understanding where he may have come from. He told me of the unseen attack, that was the hardest to block. I was right, but to a point. Not everyone could attack in the manner that I spoke of. And as so, he then told me to meet him somewhere else. I was slightly confused, but I kept the planet in my mind.

"Iziz, Onderon. Meet you in Five days." I spoke to myself as the man walked away from me.

I nodded my head with a Smirk. I took everything that was handed to me as a Test. If I could meet him, then it would show that I was willing to learn more about the Lightsaber. I nodded my head and walked in the other direction towards where my room would be. I had to be packing sometime soon.

(OOC: Alright, thank you very much.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom