Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Frozen in time

frozenbanner.png

ECLIPSE
JEDI TEMPLE | CORUSCANT
TAG: Jos Krayt Jos Krayt

zheadiv.png

banner.png

E O MAI

Ilum had been more than she had prepared for.

Zhea had been prepared for battle. For her and Varen Ardos Varen Ardos to have ventured in and withstand it all as only Jedi could. But she had not expected the face the past. To have faced Simon Meinrad Simon Meinrad on the opposite side. To have fought and old friend that she had been so in step with before he had left the Order.

And she nearly failed her Padawan because of it.

She was back at the Temple on Coruscant after all the clean-up on Ilum and digging out bodies from the snow and ice. After seeing her Padawan in the infirmary, she needed some alone-time. Time to settle all the emotions that had welled up while crossing blades with a friend.

The Kiffar was sitting in a silent corner of the gardens, meditating. Allowing the emotions to broil around, picking the tangled mess apart one by one and dealing with each of them individually.

During this process, however, another sense crept into the meditation. Another agitated soul nearby. The previous time she had avoided an agitated presence, the Padawan had ended up to assault another and was now paying the price for it. She can't avoid it again. Azure eyes flew open and looked around for the source of the presence.

And they finally fell on a certain Mandalorian that had been present on Ilum as well and who had been residing in the temple for a while now. Rising to her feet, the Knight wandered over to him. When she had first met him, his presence had been quite tranquil for one of his culture. What she sensed now was slightly different.

"Is anything amiss, Master Krayt?"

Once again, Jos found himself in the temple garden, watering can in hand as he walked from one plant to the next. Dressed once again in dark robes, joining to form an iron heart over his chest. It had become something of a ritual by now, even after his time with another padawan. Meditation brought dark thoughts to the surface, and he was in no spirit to practice with his staff. Not after what he witnessed.

It was far better to give something the chance to grow, especially on such a synthetic planet.

But even through his distress, he felt everything going on around him. The happy moments, the sad moments, the conflict... especially from one familiar presence close by. The Kel Dor looked up from a bush he was busy trimming to see that same bright master from the Gala. It was a surprise to feel her presence with such contempt. "I could ask you the same thing, Master Nox." He muttered with a gentle tone. Despite everything, his first instinct was to try and help her.

But it seemed that they were in a mutually terrible position. "It's a beautiful thing, isn't it? On a planet as lifeless as this, to watch these plants grow and flourish." He muttered, plucking a few leaves off to smooth out the top of the bush. "How is your padawan, Master Nox? If you do not mind me asking. I saw him in the infirmary the other day." He asked as he set his watering can aside and turned to face her.

frozenbanner.png

ECLIPSE
JEDI TEMPLE | CORUSCANT

zheadiv.png

banner.png

E O MAI

"I could ask you the same thing, Master Nox."

A gentle smile spread on Zhea's face. Of course he would be able to sense her own agitation.
"Touché, sir." she said with a smile.
"It's a beautiful thing, isn't it? On a planet as lifeless as this, to watch these plants grow and flourish."
"Indeed. Care and tenderness goes a long way in this Galaxy." she mused, but her face fell slightly. That care hadn't been enough to dissuade a friend from his current path to ruin.

"How is your padawan, Master Nox? If you do not mind me asking. I saw him in the infirmary the other day."
A sad smile spread on her face once more.
"He's doing better everyday, thank you for asking. Yet he would not have been there if I had gotten to him sooner." she said. "How fares your own student? She was not on Ilum, I hope?" she asked him.

Her hand thoughtfully caressed some blossoms next to her.
"I have to thank you and your people for your quick aid in our time of need, Master Krayt." she said, looking at the Kel Dor again. "Please extend the Order's thanks to your people when you next speak to them. Though I would wager that the battle wasn't easy even for your people, was it?" she then asked him.

It couldn't have been easy for anyone - Allied or Empire.

Despite the kind words and gentle smile, he could feel her conflict behind it all. It seemed that Ilum was a horrible time for both of them. He soon found the source of her contempt when she spoke about her padawan. Though she was quick to ask him about Gwyneira Vizsla Gwyneira Vizsla before he could get a chance to elaborate. "Thankfully not. What happened there is something I pray she never has to experience herself." He admitted softly.

"I have to thank you and your people for your quick aid in our time of need, Master Krayt."

"Please extend the Order's thanks to your people when you next speak to them. Though I would wager that the battle wasn't easy even for your people, was it?"

"I shall tell them, Master Nox. However, it is a thankless duty for us. We made a promise to aid our allies in times like these. Especially my clan. There is no call we do not answer, there is no faith that we betray. If our allies are ever in need of help, clan Krayt will fly." He declared with a gentle voice, though the determination was clear in his voice. He looked to the flowers for a moment as he found the courage to face his grief. "But you are correct. It was... a harsh battle." His composure slipped for a moment as a hand reached out to grasp a low wall next to him.

He leaned against it as a long, shaky sigh escaped him. "I was right there, Zhea. I should have foreseen it... I should have been able to stop it." His expressionless gaze turned to her. "Over a hundred thousand souls... gone in the blink of an eye. More than a thousand of our brothers and sisters, our vode... gone in a flash. I pray that you never have to face that in such a raw and clear way." He looked back to the flowers for a moment. "I came close, Zhea. I treaded along the line when pirates boarded one of our ships. I was close to giving in. To harnessing the Darkness to expel them. I haven't felt that pull in a very long time." He looked at her again as he pushed himself upright with a heavy breath.

"But I sense that I am not the only one who faced such demons on Ilum. What happened, Zhea?" He asked her softly, still grasping the wall.

Zhea Nox Zhea Nox

frozenbanner.png

ECLIPSE
JEDI TEMPLE | CORUSCANT

zheadiv.png

banner.png

E O MAI

The Mandalorian's composure finally slipped.

The heartache within laid bare, the burden too heavy to keep hidden.
"I was right there, Zhea. I should have foreseen it... I should have been able to stop it. Over a hundred thousand souls... gone in the blink of an eye. More than a thousand of our brothers and sisters, our vode... gone in a flash. I pray that you never have to face that in such a raw and clear way. I came close, Zhea. I treaded along the line when pirates boarded one of our ships. I was close to giving in. To harnessing the Darkness to expel them. I haven't felt that pull in a very long time."

Ah yes. She had felt the passing of those souls. But to have seen it - she was glad she didn't.
"We all feel that pull and tread that line a few times in our lifetime, Jos. What is most important is that you did not act on it. Mercy often takes more courage than anything else." she said, laying a comforting hand on his shoulder.

"But I sense that I am not the only one who faced such demons on Ilum. What happened, Zhea?"

Her face fell, almost gaunt in the sunshine of the gardens.
"My Padawan and I split up trying to stop the drilling operations of the Empire. Those crystals - I'm sure I need not tell you how precious they are to us. But splitting up - it wasn't the best idea." she started before clearing her throat. "A very close friend of mine who had once belonged to this Order, fights for the Empire now and we ended up crossing blades. We had shared so much of the same visions once upon a time. But now," she shook her head. "By trying to sway him from his current path, I was nearly too late to come to my Padawan's aid who had been engaged by someone far above his skill level. I had failed him because of selfish emotion. I too had walked the line on Ilum, Jos." she went on, finally looking back at the Kel Dor.

"What is the saying? The tallest trees catch the most wind. It almost rings true."

Jos said nothing for the moment, merely glancing at her hand on his shoulder for a moment before his battered gaze returned to hers. They were both tested on the holy planet. The prospect of loss had stretched them to their limits, along with their desire to help others. Upon mentioning the importance of the crystals, he looked at the bone-plated pistol on his hip for a moment. The kyber crystal inside it was his gift from the Order. A rite of passage he was granted just like every other padawan. He was no Jedi, but he understood the importance and power just as well as they did.

"By trying to sway him from his current path, I was nearly too late to come to my Padawan's aid who had been engaged by someone far above his skill level. I had failed him because of selfish emotion. I too had walked the line on Ilum, Jos."

"What is the saying? The tallest trees catch the most wind. It almost rings true."

A faint chuckle escaped him as he looked around for a moment. "Rather us than the students." He admitted softly. "That battle was vile. No honour, no pride to be taken from it. Alliance fighters were targeting imperial escape pods, the Empire sacrificed their own in that superweapon, younglings being targeted on the surface... it was a cruel fight. Taking a life is nothing to a Mandalorian, but this battle was wrong." He stepped away as his hands rested behind his back. After a few silent moments, he drew the pistol and removed the golden crystal from its housing, letting it levitate idly in the palm of his hand.

"Accepting such loss is difficult. Whether it is one person you cared for most in the galaxy, or a thousand under your command... it is a heavy burden to bear." He turned to look at her again. "I was planning on going back. To Ilum. In hopes of finding closure. Would you like to join me? I expect the Manda... the Force might test us there." He asked her.

Zhea Nox Zhea Nox

frozenbanner.png

ECLIPSE
JEDI TEMPLE | CORUSCANT

zheadiv.png

banner.png

E O MAI

"Rather us than the students."

"Always." she agreed. "Although they do not make it easy in their haste to grow up." she added.
"That battle was vile. No honour, no pride to be taken from it. Alliance fighters were targeting imperial escape pods, the Empire sacrificed their own in that superweapon, younglings being targeted on the surface... it was a cruel fight. Taking a life is nothing to a Mandalorian, but this battle was wrong."

"No battle is ever right, Master Krayt. It robs every side of humanity. People lose themselves." she said, though his words weighed heavy on her heart all the same. It was definitely different from the Maw's doctrine. There was more organised malice to the attack on Ilum. More loss of life with complete disregard for it.

Some Younglings wandered past, laughing as if nothing had been amiss. How she wished to return to those days of ignorance, of protection. She looked longingly after them - to the days that had been simpler.
"I was planning on going back. To Ilum. In hopes of finding closure. Would you like to join me? I expect the Manda... the Force might test us there."

Zhea looked back at him then, the sincerity in the words. She would, indeed, love some closure on the matter. Start unraveling the sorrow she held and come back whole to her Padawan to aid him in his own mental recovery. There wasn't much she could do for him right now until he was on his feet again.

She bowed slightly to him.

"I do, indeed, want some closure. When would you like to depart, Master Krayt?"

Jos stared at her for a long moment as she spoke about the evils of war. His first instinct was to correct her, to explain the need for war in the galaxy they lived in. The need for people like them to take up arms and defend others. But he remained silent, letting the frustration boil away with a deep breath. It was in moments like this that he realised just how much of an influence his new family had on him. How much he changed. Certainly for the better in most cases, but not all.

"You would make a great Shaman for my people, Master Nox." He asnwered with a faint smile in his voice. Losing his temper was unacceptable. There would be time for them to debate the need for war later. For now, they did not need to argue and fight among themselves.

She accepted his offer with a bow, going on to ask when he wanted to leave. Jos looked at the pair of younglings that passed them earlier for a moment. "Within the hour. My ship is ready in the hangar. I need to gather some items before we depart, so feel free to do the same. I shall wait for you at the hangar." He answered, looking back at her. They could not waste time. Not with something such as this.

With a bow, the Kel Dor departed and swiftly made his way to his quarters, where he quickly suited up and attached his armour to his body glove. With the familiar weight on his body, he cradled his helmet under his arm as he swung a bag over his shoulder.

He soon arrived at the hangars, where his Basilisk immediately came to life and turned to face him. "We have a friend accompanying us. She should be here any moment." He answered the droid as he stored all his items inside the cockpit. Once Zhea arrived, the Basilisk turned towards her as a low drone rumbled from it. Jos immediately stood up and looked down from the cockpit.

"Master Nox, I hope you do not mind if the ship is a little... talkative... with its passengers?" He quipped with a chuckle as he lowered the machine for her to climb in.

Zhea Nox Zhea Nox

frozenbanner.png

ECLIPSE
JEDI TEMPLE | CORUSCANT

zheadiv.png

banner.png

E O MAI

She could sense the sudden surge of slight anger at her words.

In a way, she could respect it. But in the end, no one ever really won in war. There was only loss for all involved - even for a warrior culture like the Mandalorians. But finally the frustration subsided from the Kel Dor.
"You would make a great Shaman for my people, Master Nox."

Zhea let out a chuckle at this.
"I'll take the compliment, thank you Master Krayt." she laughed.

"Within the hour. My ship is ready in the hangar. I need to gather some items before we depart, so feel free to do the same. I shall wait for you at the hangar."
She bowed her head to him.
"Thank you. I shall meet you there." she said before she returned into the temple.

After gathering some warm clothes and her staff, the Knight then stopped by the infirmary on the way to the hangar.
"He's sleeping currently, Master Nox." the young Healer told her.
Zhea gave her a warm smile. "Very well. I will not stir him right now. Just inform him that I'll be gone for a day or two when he wakes, please."
"Of course." the Healer said with a bow. "Though, Master Nox, if he asks, where should I say you went?"
Zhea turned back to look at her. "Just tell him I'm on a pilgrimage. He does not need to know more than that. Not yet." she finally said. The Healer bowed once more before returning into the infirmary.

Finally, she stepped into the hangar and was met by a giant droid that towered over her with a rumble.
"Master Nox, I hope you do not mind if the ship is a little... talkative... with its passengers?"
Zhea laughed. "As long as I don't get shot to pieces, Master Krayt, it's perfectly fine." she said before hopped into the cockpit. "Although I do have to admit I have never come face to face with a basilisk war droid before, not to mention fly in one." she chuckled with wonder as she settled in.

The Mandalorians sure did bring a whole different world to the Jedi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom