Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

From One Scoundrel to Another

CAUPONA STATION

[member="Vaudin Miir"]

Kid

She harumphed silently over the rim of her jubjub juice. He was calling her kid? But hey. She was talking to a Captain and seemed like he knew a bit about this Outer Rim Coalition. She wasn't exactly itching to join a faction. She just wanted to pass through all quiet-like.

And having to register a ship didn't seem all quiet-like. Too much record keeping. She certainly couldn't afford to keep a holo or paper trail with Sage Bane still out there.

Blues with tiny flecks of starbursts traveled down to the Iktotchi's hand warily. If he touched her palm would he be able to read her thoughts or see part of her memories? No, no. That was only Kiffu, right? She couldn't afford anyone finding out she could use the force here. She couldn't afford losing a contact, either.

Fingerless-gloved hand broke free from her drink and slipped into his grip. She gave a solid shake. Seemed to say she was no stranger to hard work and making things work. Because they had to. Work. They always had to work. Grease spots on her gloves and the patches on her clothes would speak to her spacer life as well.

"Kinsey," she offered as he asked. Didn't mean she had to give her full name though. "Captain Miir of the Swarthy Bantha. You folks get any trouble from the First Order out here?" Being neighbors and all that. Could ask the same question about the Alliance.

Eyes flickered beyond Miir's shoulder as a man was suddenly shot in the crotch.

Ewww, that didn't look good.

Vaudin Miir

Planetary President of Iktotch
He felt something as their hands touched a feeling he knew all too well...he had caught a buzz already. He raised his brow at the mention of the First Order and the Alliance. He hadn't delt with the First Order much and The Alliance hadn't been more than a slightly less sleazy port of call in years.

"First Order feels the need to probe us now and then." He began as he looked over his shoulder and winced at the guy getting shot. "Oh there's no coming back from that. Yeesh. Oh, anyways, the Worst Order, right, we raid their lanes sometimes. They blockade ours now and then. Nothing more than the 'Hey, we're here stuff you might 'spect. The Alliance? Well, I think they try and pretend we're not down here. They keep their nose up and only peek down when they have troubles. Or that's what it seems like to me."

He pushed back from the bar a little and balanced his stool on two legs for a minute before he wobbled briefly and dropped the stool back to all fours.

"Anyways, speaking of registering stuff." He looked around, "Not everybody is exactly excited to be in the system. If you know what I mean? So, someone like that could probably get an extra transponder under a new name if they looked close and winked in the right directions. Just in case you know someone."

He knew a lot of some ones. Just about half of his acquaintances were so dirty that rain missed them on purpose just to stay clean.

"Anyway, what ship you running out here." He asked taking a careful sip, "My boat is a TL-1800, vintage, practically a collectors item, but I love her too much to leave."

[member="Kinsey Starchaser"]

[member="Vaudin Miir"]

She definitely knew about Alliance. She'd spent time in Alliance prison. Could've been worse. Sith labor camps had a low survival rate - if survival at all. And the news about the First Order wasn't surprising. Seemed like they couldn't keep their greedy paws off grabbing things.

She finished off her juice and gave Captain Miir a sideways glance. How he wasn't plastered face-first on the floor by now was a wonder. Man could hold his liquor it seemed. "Yeah, yeah, in case I know someone." Lopsided grin flashed over her mouth. Her back was to the bar, elbows propped behind her.

"I know what you mean," she responded to the loving something too much to leave. She'd worked a lot of jobs for the Vagrant fleet to save up enough credits to tidy up the retired and derelict U-wing she'd gotten from Jorus Merrill awhile ago. Lots of elbow grease, creativity, and prayers too. She loved her ship but it was more about space travel itself that she'd never be able to leave.

Exploration.

She just needed to find a way to get paid doing it.

"I've got a retired U-wing. Works for what I need it to."

Speaking of credits.

"Hey. You know of any jobs needed in the system?"

Vaudin Miir

He nodded in acknowledgment as he swallowed a mouthful of whatever the stuff was he had ordered. The world outside his head seemed a little less clear, a little out of focus.

"U-wing's a good boat." He said as he looked up to. The shelves behind the bar, "Darn good boat. Definitely a vintage ship too."

He looked at the young human, maybe human could be some other weird hornless thing, and closed one eye to focus better on her face. The drink seemed like it decided to catch up all at once, but his gut was trying to tell him something about the woman and his head was telling his gut to mind its own business.

"How much cargo can your wing carry?" He asked as the threat of a thought began to grow in the back of his mind. "I may have some freight for you if it's worth your time."

[member="Vaudin Miir"]

Time was all she had - well, since she'd been spending less and less time with the Vagrant fleet. Couldn't show all her cards to Captain Miir, though. Because this is how the game of negotiations went. The red-horned devil was looking at her with that one eye.

Sandy-brows rose briefly along her pale-face, cheeky response leaving her mouth.

"Somethin' wrong with that eye of yours?"

A half-shrug rolled over her shoulders.

"Not a lot of cargo-space but enough for the right cargo. Got something specific in mind?" She wasn't really a smuggler but she'd certainly carried some less-than-legal supplies before in a pinch. "Or just wanna show me?" There was that one time with porgs. She'd never do that again.

Vaudin Miir

He looked at her face, both of them, and sipped at his drink with hardly a shake.

"My eye is fine," he said trying to play off how fast he had suddenly gotten drunk, "You're the one out of focus. Ha."

He stood and held the bar steady for a second and took a deep breath. He rocked back and forth very slightly, because the bar wouldn't hold still.

"So, the cargo is clean. Legitimate as you could hope for." He said somehow not slurring his words overly much, "But, it's for Heartbeat house. My significantly prettier other, [member="Joza Perl"] asked me to haul a few thing for her but...I'll pay you cash credits to take it for me."

He let go of the bar and stood straight finally before he tried to reach for his glass and decided it was too far.

"What do ya think?" He asked, "One run for clean pay and a good word to the right folks?"

[member="Vaudin Miir"]

"Sure I am," lopsided grin remained on her youthful face. The guy was chit-faced drunk. He was one of the few spacers she'd met in a long time that couldn't hold his liquor. Or....had he just has that much?

"Clean cargo eh?" Sandy-mousy brow cocked. Well, that was new. It'd be a nice change. She just wondered what kind of space she had to travel through to get from point A to point B. And heartbeat house?

"What is this, giggle dust or something like leather thongs brass braziers?"

Kinsey knew very little about the heartbeat house but she'd heard some rumors. She stood as he did, hand instinctively going out to steady that red arm of his. "Alright Captain. Let's get you somewhere you can lie down, yeah?"

A seedy looking group was already eyeing them. Well. More like Miir. The guy was an easy target now that screamed, come take my wallet!

Vaudin Miir

He wobbled a bit as he stood there. He hadn't had a drink in months and blown all of his progress in minutes. He really didn't need everyone to see him like this again.

"Glitter bombs and under things probably." He slurred slightly, "The paperwork is good though and it's all legal in ORC spaf, specse, space."

He leaned back and forth for a moment and looked down confused as the girl took his arm. He looked back up and then looked around.

"Yeah," he said as he rested his other hand by his blaster, "Yeah maybe some water would be good too."

He let the woman lead him toward the door and hoped she wasn't trying to pull the take off your blaster belt and lay down scam. He had fallen for that for the last time! He was sure of it.

[member="Vaudin Miir"]

"Okay big guy," blues never left the guys that were scoping them out. She scowled at them. Free hand was already resting comfortably on her blaster hilt as if to say 'I dare yah.'

They made it out of the seedy bar. Didn't mean they wouldn't be followed though. She aimed to keep them to nice busy walkways on the station. She doubted even that group would try something in the open.

"Alright captain, where's your ship?"

Vaudin Miir

He wobbled a little as he leaned on the woman. His vision was still pretty clear but his head still swam. He should have avoided the bar. He heard her question. Where was his ship? It was like asking where is your hope, your dreams, or your freedom. It was strange that those things had to be parked in a docking bay, but they sure did.

"Bay 6, hanger 2." He said as his drunk smile hung on his red-brown face, "but don't think I just let any strange woman from any random bar touch my baby."

He let her lead him along but he kept from leaning on her too hard. He probably wasn't that heavy but he had a reputation to hold on to. A few drinks shouldn't have made him bat an extraordinarily charming eyelash.

"Gosh, Jozie would kick my backside for this." He said mostly to himself. "You married? Probably not, right?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom