Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

From Kaas with Love

i9tSqRZl.jpg
Smiling broadly, the young Knight nodded enthusiastically. "You are quite right, a few alterations here and there and they should prove to be as disciplined as they are ferocious. I shall have to bring that up with my friends in the Science Directorate when next we meet." Chuckling slightly, he shook his head. "But here I am, keeping you all to myself. Enjoy the night, my Lord. Until we meet again!"

Sharp eyes dancing across the small crowd, he was pleased to see his most recent contractor hard at work, and even more so by how well he fit in. This most recent project of his was ambitious, to be sure, but no great thing had ever been achieved without risk. It had been difficult to get the man into this most exclusive of gatherings, in the Governor's own residence, no less, but fortunately, he had made plenty of friends in the past year. Speaking of the devil, he would have to make sure to repay Lady Xheruda when he had the chance, he did so hate having owing favours.

"Netzia! You look radiant, as always." Bending forward, he lightly kissed her bejewelled hand, eyes never ceasing to watch his surroundings. "As charming as ever, Adrian. My friend seems to be enjoying himself, I wonder if he'll have any interesting gossip to share." Grinning mischievously, he spread his hands outwards. "With interesting people like these? Oh, I'm sure."

Leading her towards a pair of plush chairs in a corner, he signalled one of the servants, soon after leaning back with a glass of fine Galidraani wine in his hand. Soon, his compatriot started talking, though they both knew he wasn't really listening, despite the infrequent nodding and short replies. Instead, he was reaching out to an exceedingly subtle yet deeply familiar thread, a thread leading to a small item worn by Kit.

"Hello there. Any luck unearthing Vice Governor Staharv's dirty laundry? A few skeletons in the closet waiting to be exposed, perhaps?"

Kit Symthe

Information Changes Everything
Vice Governor Staharv's Estate
Interacting with: [member="Adrian Vandiir"]
"I could throw toss a chip in this crowd and somehow assault royalty."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kit forced a smile amidst the suits and gowns of excess wealth, a hive of conceited gluttony held together with passive aggressive compliments and expensive brandy that would make the Queen of Naboo bat an eye in shock. The spy had attended regal events before, officer balls, corporate 'charity' events, and even a few Imperial decrees, but this was pushing it, just slightly. Kit was never one to wallow in modest accommodations when afforded the opportunity, but something felt...Out of place, like an alley cat trapped in a regal pet show. No one else seemed to be none the wiser, however, preoccupied with drowning their inner demons in a bejeweled goblet of the Inner Rim's finest poisons, or spitting insults behind the Arch Duke's sister's cousin's shoulder. As discomforting as these sights may be, Kit was forced to swallow his pride, entertaining the credit children and royal rancors that crowded about.

"Oh, believe me, darling, you're not missing anything with the Tapani starter, I mean, what are we? Robas in a swamp?" Kit spoke, ensuring his imposed accent it the sharp notes and breathes that made the Imperial accent oh so punchable. He had been sweet talking a group of suits, representing a credit hedge fund with close ties to the Vice Governor's banking registry. They all seemed quite nicely entertained by the Agents mostly fabricated tales, snorting away between drinks. He had half a mind to bring a middle-aged broad among the suits into the latrine, slip a remote access worm into her personal datapad and peak away at various business connections, but, by the near constant gleams at her coworkers, the Spy managed to deduce she was little more than a mid-level investor brought in to look pretty. Certainly not worth the effort. With a quick sip of his drink, Kit finally backed off from the collection, sulking away to locate the next string of leads.

Before his eyes could reevaluate the setting, a subtle voice picked at his ear, that of his temporary handler. "Nothing to completely shame the man. A few 'less-than-legal' delves into swoop races, blew a few thousand on jubliee wheels, however, nothing that couldn't be swept clean with a few bribes." The Agent responded, lips concealed behind the edges of his cup. He would afford a few passing smiles to tipsy denizens as they shuffled on by, before exposing his back towards the crowd. "I'm sure a quarter of the gals here are tied into some behind-the-curtains affair with the lovely governer, but...Erm, no, no, again, bribes. I swear, dealing with you rich pricks is more trouble than its worth." He grumbled, scrunching his nose before facing the action once more. "No offense, of course."

Nothing but a bit of vice? That was hardly going to get him very far, especially since he himself shamelessly engaged in such acts without even attempting to hide it. Nine Hells of Corellia, he once attended a gala with three Zeltron cafarels. Still, there was more digging yet to be done. People to talk to, frequencies to tap, and devices to slice. Even if this evening turned out to be a waste, there would be others. When it came to his ambitions, the young Knight was utterly inexorable, his usual laziness giving way to nigh-unwavering patience. Staharv had earned his enmity, and the consequences would be dire. The trick was ensuring that those consequences benefited him as much as it brought him pleasure. For that, he needed dirt, or more accurately to find it; for no one was clean, not in this Empire. Everyone had their hidden closet, packed to bursting with untold skeletons.

"None taken, that's why I pay well." Subvocalised voice losing its sarcastic tone, he suddenly turned serious. "I trust your efforts will continue with unabated ardour; find what I need, or at the very least a couple promising leads, and you will be thoroughly rewarded."

Tuning back in to the filler chatter coming from Netzia, he smiled slightly. Thoroughly rewarded indeed; in his experience, that, and not the punishment of failure, was the way to maintain loyalty. Everyone failed, at times. Betrayal, on the other hand, had to be rooted out. An example made. The message was clear: Loyalty would be rewarded, success even more so, but betrayal would be met with a response so cruel, so inhumane, that the very rumour would be enough to curb the ambitions of all but the most suicidally brave. It was a concept that made him vaguely uncomfortable, but that he had long ago learned to embrace nonetheless.

"Lovely conversation, no?" Meeting the nondescript smile on her crimson face with one of his own, he nodded. "Lovely indeed, though I'm sure we'll have more to share later."

Placing his empty glass on the table next to them, he rose, a characteristic smirk on his schooled features. "Once more into the fray, my dear."

[member="Kit Symthe"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom