Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Frigid Shadows [Atrisian Empire Dominion of Csilla]

Qhorin Solas

Q
Deeper in the tunnels, I became aware of a human presence on the edge of my awareness -- was this the Cody Weadge that lady Valdier had spoken so highly of? There was but one way to find out...

I thrust out a hand and pushed, sending a crowd of Ozzlites sailing into more incoming Klaxxi. The menacing arachnids tore into their slaves with aplomb, ripping them apart even as they surged forward. I ripped stalactites from the ceiling and stalagmites from the ground, remembering Miriens advice. The sharp tipped projectiles served me far better than my lightsaber, tearing into the tough exoskeleton of the Klaxxi like a lightsaber through bantha hide. In one fell swoop, a half dozen Klaxxi fell dead, their black bodies peppered with massive pikes of ice.

I followed my senses into the twisting depths of the tunnels, ushering more shell-shocked chiss out of the fray to safety. Eventually, I came upon a section of of the wall that should've been open. Instead, I was met with a solid glacier. I thrust my blade into the ice, and cut. Reaching into the Force, I fortified my arms, willing myself to cut faster and deeper.

The wall fell away. I stepped into the revealed chamber and came upon the bloody, bedraggled form of a man who could only be Cody Weadge, fighting for his life. Saber tight in hand, I joined him, slinging giant slabs of ice as if they were mere pebbles, literally crushing the opposition.

@[member="Cody Weadge"]​

"Dao 3 to Ascendency craft. Your assistance is appreciated. Area secure. Dao Squadron, report in."
Garec didn't respond to the thanks. In truth, he couldn't, so great was his rage. Teeth grinding, lips pulled into a thin line, he fired laser after laser at the few remaining alien fighters, and when none remained in his vicinity, he shot the debris. How many of his people had died? How many could he have saved if he'd only come sooner?

Hatred of the Klaxxi, and hatred of himself, gave a certain wicked clarity to his anger, cooling the rage to match the glaciers of Csilla. With nary a word he angled his Praetorian towards the planets surface. His personal squadron peeled away from the main flotilla to join him, the rest of the squadrons closing ranks to eliminate the gap in their flight pattern.

He reached out with his meager senses, demanding that the Force show him what he needed to see. His wish was granted, for a scene formed in his minds eye, as clear as day -- in a tunnel a scant few miles away, he saw his people fleeing a great battle, saw them fleeing, twisted and mutated by a soul-shattering fear. What had the Klaxxi done to them?

He punched the coordinates into the navscreen, sending the information to the rest of his squadron. In a blaze of engine emissions, they soared towards the caverns.

Even as a mere apprentice, Somarae could feel the palpable anger of the Chiss squadron leader as he took off wordlessly towards the horizon, chasing more targets before ultimately resorting to shooting at the debris. She remained silent, she was hardly chiss herself. In some ways, Csilla meant nothing to her beyond its value to the Empire. It wasn't her place to try to speak to her 'fellows' about what had occurred here, but she still observed as he flew off.

Something odd about that one...

The other five survivors of Dao Squadron barked responses back over the radio. Six fighters had begun their last stand to buy the Chiwei flights time. Six fighters remained. Relief washed over her, tension leaving her back and limbs, "Dao 3 copies... Dao Squadron, we're climbing another 500km into orbit and remaining on station until recalled to the Atsushi. ... Good work, everyone."

@[member="Akio Kahoshi"], @[member="Prince Garec"]

Davik Tren

The Friendly Fiend
Davik watched silently as the multiple turbolasers and flak cannons of his Yovshin Class Frigate pounded away towards the snowy landscape of the battlefield. If one were to glance at one of the targeting computers, they may see small flicks of laser fire between the infantry forces that were in heated exchanges of ammunition against the enemy forces that had so well dug themselves into the powdery terrain. It was quite odd, still, how they fought. They were very brave for one thing, or what appeared like bravery, though seemed more like pointless assaults that usually ended in mass casualties on their own side. They fought with ferocity, the likes of which he had never seen before.

The upper orbital strikes continued from his ship as the battle appeared to be coming to a close as the multiple enemy targets began to become less and less frequent. The guns of the multiple frigates had been very help helpful in mopping up the heavier concentrations of enemy infantry and in the clearing of smaller cavern fortifications.

@Akio Kahoshi

Akio watched as the enemy fighters were wiped out one by one until the system appeared to finally be rid of them. "Send congratulations to the fleet, but keep them on alert should reinforcements arrive. I doubt they will, but better to assume the worst than be caught flat footed. Have the fleet move into orbit, and watch for any more ships launching from the ground."

As the fleet moved into position, calls came from the ground troops in the tunnels. They were still clearing out pockets of the aliens, but all traces of the large spider like aliens had ended abruptly. Given their apparent invisibility abilities searches were on going, but it seemed as if any remainders had simply vanished from the planet. Now it was just a matter of getting the injured cared for, and helping the chiss survivors rebuild their home planet. It would certainly not be an easy task by any means, but a worthy one.

Csilla had been won.

Cody Weadge

Weadge, Cody Weadge
Cody watched as the newcomer crushed the spider. Turning he looked to see Cronos, an inquisitor. The man would have no idea who Cody was, but the same was not true for the agent. For he was also the Inspector, Emperor Kahoshi's eyes and ears inside the citadel. Letting his real self return to the surface, Cody surveyed the damage then turned to the inquisitor.

"I had things covered, but thanks anyway. Whatever weapon you used to make the ceiling come now, neat stuff. Now if you'll excuse me, I need a hot shower." Handing the eletrostaff to Cronos, Cody stepped through the now open wall and went off to meet up with the Atrisian forces.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom