Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Friends and frightfully a little more. I MEAN! Uh, spar? (Dm to join.)

Rose couldn't help it. The overwhelming kindness of Ryv had pushed her to this feeling. What ever it was. She was still unsure it was warm fuzzy light yet heavy.How could emotions be so contradicting? Like crying when you happy Overjoyed. At any rate rose made her way to her master wrapping her arms around his shoulders and entwined her fingers together over his chest. “Ryv!”

She said softly pressing her forehead against his back. “Spar with me please?”

Her voice teetered on the brink of a whine. It had been a while and she almost felt broken when not near him. The worry that went through her mind each time she was not around. Even if she was there she felt that anxiety.

She remembered the last time they had trained. His smooth movements calculated and precise. How each movement and twist was like a dance. Her mind drifting during that time. So hard to pay attention to him even when she DID have her attention on him. She continuously had to smother thoughts and veiled her mind to him and all others. She felt shame. She was breaking the Jedi code with such nonsense. Wasn’t she? rose closed her eyes waiting for the response as she breathed deeply. Enjoying the comforting warmth and scent.

Rose had been training for a while now in hope that she would prove to be more of an opponent. To impress him. She was always seeking to impress him. She blamed it on him being her master but she never had done this before. She had taken every moment she could to touch him. Nothing bad a brushing of hands as they pass by. A slightly-to-long hug whenever they had did something of worth. Hugs. She hugged others to something she had been doing more. She always felt more at ease. Like she could trust some one more when she could simply have physical contact with them. Or even sit by and chat.

It felt like she had been like this for hours but in truth. This all went on in mere seconds. How truly amazing the mind was to go through so much to think about something so quickly. Rose sent a wave of happiness across the force bond they had forged over their time of being together. teaching each other. It was to let him know about how happy she was with his return. happy he was okay.

she really wanted to be the dagger to the sword.
Ryv Ryv

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Ryv
Major Faction

Ryv

Paragon of Sacrifice
Across the room from his padawan, Ryv peered down at his phone in hand. He lazily swiped through dozens of unused applications. Weeks had passed since last he stepped foot in the Jedi Temple on Coruscant. Ziost beat him within an inch of his life. If not for quick thinking and snap-decision making, he may have lost his life well before he'd been dragged back onto Prosperity, the mobile Jedi Praxeum. A medically induced coma kept him alive in the first twenty-four hours. When he failed to wake, his caretakers grew nervous. No one wanted to deliver that kind of news to the New Jedi Order or the Galactic Alliance as a whole.

Master Varobalder and Master Naero ensured that information remained hidden away. The Order had no knowledge of Ryv's medical condition. Jedi kept on fighting side-by-side with the Defense Force. Senators continued to debate within the comfort of the Grand Convocation Chamber of the Federal Assembly.

No one knew what brought him back from the brink. None other than Ryv, anyway. And the kiffar fully intended for it to remain that way. What he'd seen in his momentary rest had shaken him to his core. Coming back didn't much help. Everything was just as he'd left it. His apprentices continued their training, with Aelys on the front and Rose back home on Coruscant.

He straightened at the sudden arrival of another body pressed against his back. Rose had come a long way from the quiet and reserved padawan he met before Ziost. It became easier to see his natural affinity for empathy as the gift it is versus the curse he'd believed it to be for so long. Emotions spoke louder than actions or words.

"You wanna spar?" Ryv asked with a grin. "I mean, I guess. I was hopin' for something lazy today, but we can go a few rounds, sure. Might help loosen me up."

He looked to a wall covered with bokken, his preferred tool for training Jedi in need of practice. "Whatcha wanna work on in specific?"

Rose smiled and let him go. ¨Oh. Well i would be glad to let you rest.¨

Rose stepped over in front of him putting her hands behind her back. ¨I have no idea what you have been through and i know how you always complain about rest.¨

her last words were a lighthearted jab. ¨If you decide to continue i should work on how i attack. I find returning the onslaught much harder then defending myself from it.¨

she tilted her head looking into his eyes. ¨But it would be refreshing to relax with you.¨

rose brought her hands back to her sides not really knowing what to do with them or her body anymore.

Last edited:
  • Love
Major Faction

Ryv

Paragon of Sacrifice
"Always complain about rest?" Ryv looked off into space and mentally ran through his past encounters with his apprentice. "Yeah, that's fair. I sure love sleep. Don't get it much," he crossed his arms and looked back at her. "Hmm... I think I can manage a few rounds. It's hard to call me your teacher if I miss out on opportunities to teach you a thing or two about this Jedi stuff. Especially with the last few weeks in mind. I haven't been around much, have I?"

He wandered past her towards the center of the mat, hand outstretched towards the wooden weaponry. One of the bokken spun through the air until his fingers closed tight around the blade's hilt.

"If you're gonna work on attacks, you need to know when best to make your move. You aren't the largest of warriors. It doesn't help that you aren't as experienced as most of the Sith around your skill level," he paced left and right as he spoke, his gaze locked on the redhead. "I sorta see a fight like a game where you're forced to make a lot of quick decisions back to back. The more decisions you have to make, the more likely you'll make a mistake. I try to keep things simple for me and difficult for the enemy. Strong defense helps keep your options open. You don't need to commit to anything until the perfect moment."

Ryv held his practice blade forward, the stance neutral and compact.

"Shii-Cho is a great style to practice cause it gets you used to make snapping decisions. From there, you can dive into Soresu for a great defense that leads to ending things quickly and efficiently. After that, well..." he walked forward and simulated a linear attack pattern that appeared oppressive in practice. "I took up form five, both Djem-So and Shien, cause I was patient in a fight. I know I can't go blow for blow with gassed-up Sith Lords drunk on the dark side. I need an avenue of attack, something that can overwhelm even a stronger, better-trained enemy. So, I keep myself safe, tire my enemies out, and then go to town."

He turned on his heel and walked the length of the mat again. This time, he went through a more aggressive attack pattern that saw him take the blade two-handed. His every movement, be it an overhanded chop or rolling swing, was executed without error. At the end of his display, Ryv looked back at Rose and crossed his arms.

"Before you can get to the point of launching that counter-attack, you need to know what to look for to make it happen. Understand?"

Rose nodded trying her best to keep her attention on his words. He was still- stuff it Rose. She chided herself ending her drifting thoughts early. ¨well no i´m not the biggest out there but i also have a slight unpredictability about me that i should use to my advantage.¨

she noticed how his eyes had never left her and did the same. ¨If you recall i can skinshift perhaps that´s something i could use to cover some of my down falls. i would prefer not as.¨

she rubbed the back of her neck gaze falling to the floor. ¨I find it extremely discomforting.¨

she nodded as he continued. ¨I see how you think that. You already know my preference to be defensive.¨

Rose surveyed him carefully examining his motions. ¨your overhand chop can be deflected at an angle leaving you open on one side depending if the user is left or right handed. It would not be long but use it to get behind you, you would have time to launch an attack and get into a defensive position.¨

she called this out quickly and calmly continuing to watch in silence.

Last edited:
  • Love
Major Faction

Ryv

Paragon of Sacrifice
His free hand fell to rest at his hips while she spoke.

"I'm not familiar with how skin shifting works, truth be told. If it's something you can break out in the middle of a fight without it slowing you down? Well, that sounds really useful," Ryv drifted around her, keeping an even pace with each step. He eyed her up and down, gauging what strengths she likely possessed from her current physique. She wasn't particularly tall. Neither of her arms boasted impressive musculature from what he gathered, given their twig-like appearance.

"You don't have to shift if you don't wanna, Rose," he flipped the bokken with a flick of his wrist and caught it on its way down. "Most folks in the galaxy can't change their bodies whenever they want. I know I can't," he reached outward with both arms, and his brow furrowed as if he'd fallen into deep concentration. After several seconds, nothing happened. "See? I've honed my body to best suit my needs. If I can do it, you can too."

Her follow-up to his attack demonstration earned her a sly grin.

"Good. If you can see that, that's good," he repeated the same chopping motion from before. "Though, you're thinking about it from the perspective of an observer rather than someone in the heat of battle. When you're opponent is stronger than you, you can't just deflect their attack. Strength is an advantage too many people overlook. However, if you side step," he mimicked a stepping motion while his blade swept up to mime a deflection. "You both remove yourself from the danger and create the very same opening you mentioned, also cutting down the time it'll take for your counter-attack."

Ryv slid around an invisible enemy, his blade dragged through the midsection of the unseen foe.

"That's obviously the best-case scenario. There are plenty of people out there with crazy abilities and plenty of training. They might also just suck. Not everyone can keep a keen mind when a super-heated plasma sword is threatening to cut you in half if you make the slightest mistake," he lifted the weapon and rested it over his shoulder, his body shifting to face his apprentice once again.

"If you wanna stay how you are now, that's fine. I think you can make a great Jedi as you are, Rose. Just familiarize yourself entirely with what's at your disposal. Build on those strengths, work to overcome those weaknesses, and you'll do great."

He motioned towards the wall of bokken with a nod. "If you wanna spar, you'll need a blade."

¨You don´t see much in me do you?¨ Rose said softly. Her eyes narrowed as she thought. was that her own self doubt speaking?

she held her arms forward as he did. she watched as her muscle structure changed before her eyes. thin sharp claws eventually forming on her finger tips as the bile raising sound of ripping and changing muscle continued. blood dripped from the corner of her mouth as it changed to fit the new form.

¨Its fine.¨

she took a deep breath. ¨beside side stepping if you have to blades.¨ she spoke voice barely above a whisper as she wiped off her face. slowly returning to her birth form.

¨you can place one near the base of the first blade giving more power to a defensive move.¨

she went silent but she had more prepared. no, she wanted to use this trick she had learned. did the Jedi know it? use it? Zizi had shown her it taught her the many places it could work and how different aliens could come unaffected by it due to their own bodys. Ryv however did not have this blessing. only thing was... could she pull it off?

she took a bokken tenderly in her hands thinking deeply. ¨I have more constrictions then a full blood shi´ido. The mix bloods also leads me to be very interesting figure in this galaxy.¨

her grip tightened. ¨Thank you Ryv.¨ the grin she had received made her smile back. she couldn't help it. a true smile of his always made her do the same. like a trap she couldn't help. her body working against her in the most blissful and innocent of ways.

¨I will give nothing but my best and that means i should use my ability's to my advantage no matter what it cost myself.¨

She did not need the power other had. she looked up into Ryvs eyes. she was going to say something but she had forgotten instead she fell into Soresu keeping her eye locked on his.

she would not hold back. she had been taught not to before.

• Love

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom