Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fresh Out of the Carbonite

Nyx

Insert Hilarious Title Here
As she slipped off of the ship, Zoya couldn't help but feel a level of satisfaction. Even as crewmen disappeared under the crew's noses, they had no idea she was onboard. The Rapax stepped out onto whatever planet she was on, she blinked. The spaceport was crowded, and the amount of prey made her mouth water at the thought of tearing into them. But she restrained herself, knowing she had to wait for an opportunity.
She walked among the crowd, biding her time, searching for prey. Then, she spotted him. A lone dock worker, loading crates in an isolated alley. She made her way over, smiling at him.
"What are-"
She tackled him into the alley, and before he could scream, her jaws closed around his tongue, severing it. She swallowed the muscle, moaning in pleasure as she dug in, blood spraying across her and the alley as she devoured the innocent dock worker.
[member="Hellion Quel"]

Hellion Quel

Warrior from a Broken Home
Hellion and D'Aioghe typically had a habit of hunting in the morning, which was a nice luxury, considering that hunting was something that city folk didn't get the opportunity to do often, and living out in the wilderness alone was something that Hellion and his brother were fairly good at, including hunting. Every now and then, however, Hellion made a habit of visiting the cities, seeing people in habitats that they crafted themselves, and upon occasion, having food crafted by the same people. Today just happened to be one of those days.

Hellion was making his way through the ports mid-Winter (which was a terrible time of day, considering that early-Spring was considerably warmer, and fur doesn't mix well with warmth) when he was walking passed the ports. A shiver ran down his spine so suddenly that the mere thought of it shocked him, and his eyes were drawn to what felt like a suffering he never had the chance to feel before: Death.

This feeling of death drew him around the corner of some of the freighting sections of the ports, and slowly, purely out of caution, held his lightsaber as he turned into an isolated alleyway. His head burst into pain, and in grasping he stubbled out from his cover onto his knees, his other hand bracing himself against a crate. As he looked to his right, his eyes widened at the sight of a creature ripping a mangled body from limb to limb, and in an instant, he jumped to his feet and drew his blade, charging the foul creature with only one thought in mind:

"I will rid the world of this savagery!"

[member="Zoya"]

Nyx

Zoya smelled him as he entered the alley. He was human, male. And he was simultaneously afraid and enraged. An interesting combination, to say the least.
She slowly rose, licking the excess blood from her claws. The Rapax stared down her new prey, her red-on-black eyes staring him down. She smirked.
"You want to take me on, prey? Very well. Come get me."
With a grunt of pain, her telum shot out of her back, the red appendages taking a wing-like shape. Depending on her opponent being off-putting, she brought her telum forward, releasing a barrage of natural projectiles at the boy. The sharp bits weren't meant to kill, but to slow.
[member="Hellion Quel"]

Hellion Quel

Hellion's experience with deflecting and blocking projectiles was, in light of the moment, very much so lacking. He had given only moments of thought and time to the meagre training droid that he and his brother used to deflect blaster shots... and these weren't even those. Physical projectiles seems like much more a hassle than what it's worth.

With The Force guiding his hand, Hellion swung his saber in every direction in an effort to deflect the projectiles of an oncoming threat. Unfortunately for him, four got passed his defence at the last volley, two in the left thigh, one in the right forearm (his non-dominant arm), and one in his left shoulder. He groaned in slight pain, but remained standing and unwavering as he looked his opponent in the eye with a pair of his own, swimming in emotions.

"Oh, savage beast... how I wish I could get in your head right now. How I wish I could be torturous," he thought to himself.

[member="Zoya"]

Nyx

The Rapax smiled as she saw a few of her projectiles hit their target. Not in her prey's dominant arm, but for now she would deal with what she had.
It wasn't her first time tangling with a Forcie, so she knew that getting near that saber was a bad idea. She could grow back anything he sliced off, but that didn't make it uncomfortable.
With that thought, she shot forward, feinting with her claws toward his arm, and her telum slicing through the air on the other side.
[member="Hellion Quel"]

Hellion Quel

The creature's charge was, ironically, very much so in Hellion's favour.

Quickly, he ran up the nearest cargo crate to his left and leaped of it, gracefully parrying he fruitless charge and tearing through her wing like appendage with a fell swoop —and fancy acrobatics— midair before his touchdown on the ground.

He grimaced a bit with the land, having made the mistake of distributing most of the weight on his left leg, but did not hesitate to stand back up and continue his counter with a —hopefully— well place bludgeon with the back of his saber.

[member="Zoya"]

Nyx

Zoya screamed in pure agony as one of her telum was removed. It was torture on a level she had never experienced, pain that wracked her brain. The one thing that helped her survive, was now gone; thanks to this boy.
As she felt the hilt smack the back of her head, she stumbled forward, blood spraying from the wound in her back.
She turned quickly, her eyes burning in pure rage.
"You're going to pay for that, prey!"
She once more blindly charged forward, but not nearly as fast, her stamina draining.
[member="Hellion Quel"]

Hellion Quel

Although Hellion could not bear the thought of seeing this creature kill in the manner that it did... seeing it in pain was a different story. As much as he couldn't stand the though of sparing the life of a savage creature such as this, the thought of becoming a savage himself was much more compelling.

In an effort to minimise any further damage, Hellion withdrew the blade of his lightsaber, but not the hilt, and simply dodged the creature's next blindness charge, parrying to the right and striking its back lightly with the hilt of his saber as it passed. He placed his right hand in front of him with a bit of reluctancy, and looked at the creature before he made his next move.

"We needn't continue fight one another creature. It's over. You already grow tired from your wound," he said.

[member="Zoya"]

Nyx

Zoya snarled as she held a hand to the stump on her back, the Rapax glaring hatred mixed with respect at her conqueror.
She knew that if she continued, she would die. But she just so happened to have no desire to die, which clashed with this situation. She decided this was one of those times she would have to let go of her pride, and submit.

"...Very well." She said quietly. "But, I do need to heal. And in order for that to happen, I need to feed."
She pointed at the corpse.
"Is that alright with you?"

[member="Hellion Quel"]

Hellion Quel

Had Hellion been dead, the question would have caused him to turn in his grave. The entire reason he began to fight this creature to begin with was to stop it from feeding to begin with... as it was, in essence, savage, barbaric, and a thousand and one other things sick. Nevertheless, torn between his purpose and his moral obligation to the creature, he nodded and relaxed.

"Of course. If you must."

Hellion turned his head, as if to give her privacy, in an effort to block out the scene of his failure.

[member="Zoya"]

Nyx

As soon as his back was turned, Zoya pounced on the corpse, and continued her messy feeding; though she tried to be a bit quieter for his sake.
She understood that most prey found her eating habits. . . Unsettling, to say the least. As such, she finished quickly, and even wiped off her mouth of excess blood.
"Done."
She announced as she stood, looking back at her hunter.
"My name is Zoya, by the way."

[member="Hellion Quel"]

Hellion Quel

"You may call me Quel."

Hellion, knowing that she now finished her meal, turned back to her, and sat on a small crate. He eyed her with what now seemed to be curiosity rather than dread or hatred, and his eyes squinted in scrutiny as he tried to figure out exactly what was in front of him.

"I'm not familiar with what you are, or what a lot of things are for that matter. I'd like to know what exactly eats people the way you do. You know... in the pursuit of knowledge."

Hellion leaned back a little and crossed his arms, awaiting a reply from his unlikely adversary.

[member="Zoya"]

Nyx

Zoya scoffed in amusement at his question.

"I don't doubt you're curious. I'm a Rapax, and no, I don't expect you to know what that is."
She examined his reactions, curious.
"My kind tries to stay hidden from societies eyes, due to our. . . eating habits. We've found that most people run us off any planet we show up on."
She herself had been kicked off of more planets than she could count.
"I'm from Dromund Kaas, originally, like most Rapax; though we're pretty much everywhere in this galaxy."

[member="Hellion Quel"]

Hellion Quel

"You'd be right to assume as you do, Zoya. I know nothing of your species..."

He scoffed.

"I know only of your eating habits."

He leaned forward slightly, his scrutinising gaze letting up ever so slightly.

"But I should clear something up," Hellion said, his eyes serious and sincere, "I did not attack you for your eating habits because of your eating habits, Rapax. I'm sure you could've assume as much..." He raised a hand at the mess of gore left over from Zoya's deserts, and nodded to it without breaking eye contact with her. "... Given I let you finish your meal."

[member="Zoya"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom