Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fresh Blood for The BHS

Sriluur, heart of the reestablished Hutt Cartel empire. A world crawling with criminals, cut throats and villains of nearly every description. Only two kinds of people existed here, the hunters and the prey. The hunters thrived through cunning, ferocity and brute force. The prey, well, something has to feed the hunters. It reminded Zenva of her home world, a pacified, more subdued, Iridonia. Nonetheless the Zabrak matron and her clansman thrived here, garnering a reputation for violence and wanton bloodshed. A reputation that Zenva established personally through displays much like the one she was in the midst of performing.

Lady Zenva Vrotoa stood tall in the middle of a nearly empty cantina. Spread throughout the bar stood the pride of clan Vrotoa, the ten sergeants of The Matron's Elites. Each warrior clad in heavy armor, rifles slung across their backs, their heads bowed in reverence. One sergeant stood before the matron, her helmet tucked beneath her arm, her voice intoned through the room. Kil'kae, the clan's priestess, recited blessings and prayers in her mother tongue of Zabraki.

The priestess' musical voice was marred by the incessant whimpering of a slave. Knelt upon the floor between matron and priestess was a young Twi'lek girl, her blue face ashen with fear. It was Zenva who spoke to silence the youth, squatting down to look the girl in the eye, "Hush now, my little morsel. Pray to your Gods as we have to ours. We will release you for your enslavement very soon." The Zabrak flashed a smile, pearl white serrated teeth gleaming.

Zenva's comm chirped to life suddenly, her hand rose to touch her ear piece.
"Recon Bravo. Possible contact one hundred meters east of my location."
"Recon Alpha. Contact confirmed. Seventy five meters from rally point."
"This is Delta. Contact confirmed. Seventy meters and closing."

Zenva stood, turning to face the cantina door. A shadow of a smile on her lips as she activated her comm device, "Attention Recon teams, stand down. Our guest is punctual, nothing more." The Zabrak matron folded her arms across her chest, smiling, as she awaited the arrival of the leader of The Bounty Hunter's Society.

[member="Hamter Melson"]

Well, this must be the place. Hamter was just a little distance away from his destination. He had heard that [member="Zenva Vrotoa"] wanted to meet him in person. That was fine with him, especially since it seemed she might be joining the BHS. She would be a great asset if she did. So, a simple request such as meeting him at her home was a simple enough decision. However, even if he was coming to visit a friend, he still wore his newly obtained armor and gun. He was a bounty hunter after all. Just didn't feel right if he wasn't fully equiped.

As he finally approached his destination, he saw a few guards standing outside the main entrance to a cantina. Well, at least he would be in a familiar place. So, he walked up and approached the guards. He said to them "Hey, I was asked to come here. Can I come in?"

[member="Zenva Vrotoa"]

The guard didn't move at first, staring at the bounty hunter from behind the tinted lenses of his helmet. The delay was bordering on rudeness when the Zabrak finally moved, simply opening the door to the cantina to allow the human access. Inside, all eyes were on the doorway. The priestess Kil'kae stood clutching one of the slave's lekku, preventing the girl from moving.

Zenva took a step forward nodding respectfully to the new arrival, "You must be mister Melson. I am lady Zenva. Please come in. Come, come. I won't have a guest stand outside. Can I offer you something to drink mister Melson? Bourbon? Whiskey?" The Zabrak matron continued toward the human, waving him inside with one hand and gesturing toward the bar with the other.

[member="Hamter Melson"]

"Why thank you lady Zenva. I would just like a water thanks. I like to keep my wits about me." Hamter walked casually into the cantina. He looked around, and admired all things he could see. It seemed Zenva was a leader of a mighty clan indeed. It was a good thing this was a nice conversational meeting, as apposed to his usual sort of meeting that usually ended up involving blasters.

He walked over to the bar and had a seat. "Thank you for your hospitality lady Zenva. I have been looking forward to this night for awhile now. I have been very appreciative of your helping the Bounty Hunter Society. It is greatly much appreciated. So, might I ask how you are doing this evening? How is life?"

[member="Zenva Vrotoa"]

Zenva smiled broadly, pearl white serrated teeth gleaming. A rare genuine smile, devoid of her typical malice and rage. It was in such rare, fleeting, moments that one could glimpse the beauty of the Zabrak matron. Vivid, clear eyes of yellow with trails of crimson streaking through. High cheekbones and a clean sharp jaw line. Those that could see beyond the black lines of her tattoos and her carnivorous teeth would find a striking woman. By the standards of the Zabrak people at any rate.

The matron glided into the seat beside her guest. "A man with sensibilities. I like that." She rolled one hand and a guard sprang into motion, stepping behind the bar to ready a glass of ice water for Hamter. "There is no need to thank me mister Melson. I am more than happy to provide my support. The Bounty Hunter Society is something this galaxy needs. Unity and cooperation between folk such as us will go a long way. You will see."

Zenva turned in her seat to properly face her guest, crossing her legs at the knee in the same motion. Her smile remained sincere, "Life is splendid. My clan prospers. My warriors are better equipped then they have been in four generations. Ah but boasting is rude. Forgive me won't you?"

She paused briefly, picking up a glass of dark liquor her guard set down for her. "Tell me, mister Melson, why were you looking forward to meeting me?"

[member="Hamter Melson"]

He nodded a thanks to the guard as he handed him his water. He took a quick sip before replying "Well, you see lady [member="Zenva Vrotoa"], I am sure you know that us bounty hunters usually don't have a high reputation with many nobles and some of the higher ups in the galaxy. But then I heard about you, the great lady [member="Zenva Vrotoa"], leader of her mighty clan, and she even owns a company that produces starships for the galaxy. Well, this would be the first time I would get to meet and talk to such a powerful and well respected leader. Not to mention, I had heard your warriors were quite the fighters, and wished to examine them myself. As far as I can tell, they do indeed seem to be mighty warriors, and very protective of you I might add."

He took another sip before continuing, "Now, I must ask my lady, what is it you expect of the Bounty Hunter Society in exchange for your support? You know as well as I that our group of rag tag hunters will take a while to grow. It won't be able to make a mark on the galaxy for awhile, until we obtain more hunters, because that is just how life is. You have to have numbers to make an impact on the galaxy."

[member="Zenva Vrotoa"]

Crimson cheeks darkened as Zenva fought back a blush. She hide the reaction as best she could with her glass, swallowing a mouthful of whiskey. If nothing else Hamter certainly knew how to play to the Zabrak's ego. "You sir, are a flatterer." She murmured from behind her drink.

Clearing her throat Zenva set her glass on the bar once more. Her expression turning neutral, her smile abandoned. "I am not nobility mister Melson. The head female of my clan yes but, I am far from royal. I know what it is like to toil in the mud and blood at the forefront of a war zone. My men are protective because I stand beside them. I would give my life for my warriors and I expect them to be willing to do the same. Perhaps that makes me a well respected leader, perhaps not."

She fell silent for a moment, reflecting on the man's last question. "I think you are mistaken mister Melson. I intend to hunt for you. As you said, the Bounty Hunter Society needs hunters. I can aid in that capacity."

She took up her drink once more, sipping it's contents slowly. "Of course there are other services I might be able to provide. Ships naturally. Meetings with weapons manufacturing companies. Those sorts of things."

[member="Hamter Melson"]

Hamter took another sip of his drink, noting how the crisp cold water felt good running down his dry throat. He replied "Well, it is of course good to have you as a hunter. Now, supplying ships, and developing contracts with weapon companies, that sounds like some great things to us. Hopefully we will be able to grow and be able to really use your connections to help the Bounty Hunter Society into a great hunter society. And, who knows, maybe one day we will be able to stake our claim in the galaxy. Gotta have big dreams to drive you on, right?"

"Now, I must ask, why did you choose to assist me? We are but a small hunter gathering at the moment, yet you help us. I am sure you could have found others, and I am sure you do, to work for. But, why choose the BHS? What brought you to us?"

[member="Zenva Vrotoa"]

Zenva laughed softly, very nearly sweetly in fact. She swallowed another mouthful of her drink before answering, "I do work for other organizations, several others actually. The Jackels mercenary company for instance. I produce bombers and interceptors for the Hutt Empire which has been very beneficial for my clan. I am a warrior mister Melson, my people are natural born hunters. I offer my support because I can, and because I want to. The Hutt's seek to control entire worlds. The Jackels are killers for hire, as am I. The difference is I believe in honor. Hutt's don't care who or what is destroyed in their conquests. I do."

She paused to sip her drink again, her gaze shifting to her clan priestess and the slave kneeling before the other woman. "Mostly, at any rate."

Turning her attention back to her guest, "I offer aid because I like what you are trying to build mister Melson. If you find my methods do not compliment your organization, tell me. I will distance myself if it is what you want. I can be a valuable ally if you let me, mister Melson."

[member="Hamter Melson"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom