Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Four of a Kind

Anya Venari

Star Queen Tirathana VII
[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]
Vessa very eagerly nodded. “I’d love to help in any way I can!” she said.
Calana smiled at her, her attention finally distracted from the porthole.

Tylania meanwhile nodded. “Yes, that pilot proved most…enlightening. I am sure that together we can make a good partnership. Your offer of accommodation is most kind, and we accept fully.”

Tegaea gestured, and the maids closed in to clear the plates, refill drinks and offer dessert.
“I’m not sure how these will come out,” she said modestly. “I based them on a recipe from Vessa here, so if it’s not right we know who to punish,” she said with a grin.
Calana looked up at her new friend worriedly. “I am sure it will be lovely, friend Vessa. I would not like to see you punished.”
Vessa coughed slightly. “Mistress Alcori is a very wise and kind Mistress, and her punishments are not administered without good cause. In this case though I’m sure it will not be needed.”
“Indeed, I’m just teasing, Calana,” Tegaea said soothingly.

The desert which came out was a pastry shell surrounding candied fruit and nuts with aromatic spices.
“Take care to remove the little red pods. You don’t want to bite into them unless you want concentrated heat like a Jakku Fire Pepper.”

[member="Anya Venari"]

Siobhan nodded and ate carefully. Her stomach could be a bit sensitive sometimes. "This is very good. You have done outdone yourself, love. Good recipe, Vessa," she said after a short while. Glancing over to Iuitlt, she gestured towards the Xioquo. "Iuitlt, dear, do come join us." She was truly in a jovial mood.

"Thank you, Lady Mistress. You are most gracious," the Drow said sweetly or sycophantically. The perceptive might notice that she was walking funny and sat down rather carefully.

"Indeed I am. I always give my attendants exactly what they crave," because it was not Siobhan without some double entendres.

Iuitl shifted a bit to make herself more comfortable. Her derriere felt sore. "You always know what we need and teach us so well, Lady Mistress."

Having probably weirded out Calana a good deal, Siobhan turned her attention back to Tylania. "There is a rather delicate matter I would like to discuss with you after dinner. A personal request."

Anya Venari

Star Queen Tirathana VII
Calana was indeed viewing her with confused suspicion. She had by now determined she had a pretty good idea what was going on.
Vessa finished her meal and held out her hand to her fellow Vash.
“Come, I’ll show you your room. Good night, Lady Mistresses,” she said with a curtsey.
After a fashion Calana followed suit and then followed Vessa from the room.

Tegaea looked between Tylania and her wife, then smiled and rose. “Come Iuitlt, let’s give your Mistress a moment with the guest. I think that you and I need to have that performance review.”
“Yes, Mistress!” the Xioquo said a little too eagerly.

Tylania could only shake her head ever so slightly and smile. “Never a dull moment here, yes? But yes, please speak. You know I will keep whatever you say in confidence.”

[member="Anya Venari"]

Performance reviews were important. Siobhan had a habit of grading her harem girls and boys according to their bedroom prowess. Was that a little crass? She did not see it that way - or care if others did. She had her grades worked out perfectly and was always ready to help when an attendant needed tips on how to improve.

"I appreciate that." There was an awkward pause. "I suppose you have noticed that my strength in the Force is...extremely diminished. Suffice to say I had a serious health crisis and though I have largely recovered from it, it has affected my ability to use the Force for even simple tasks. I'd like to know if you could help me rebuild my connection. You would be compensated, of course."

One might wonder why Siobhan did not simply ask an Order of Fire member if she wanted training. To a degree, it was a pride thing. Several Mistresses of Fire had been her students. Others had been recruited by her. Formally they were all in a position of subservicence. Some idolised her. Tylania was an outsider Siobhan trusted. One demigoddess learning from another was more palatable.

Anya Venari

Star Queen Tirathana VII
Tylania’s face became serious, even grave as Siobhan talked. If there was any internal struggle it was over almost instantly.
“Of course, Siobhan, I am always willing to help those in need. I recall well an occasion similar to this. It was…some centuries ago. A powerful warrior of one of the clans journeyed deep into the forest’s dark heart to commune with the spirits and seek answers for the loss of his wife. What he experienced there he would not say, but his mind was clearer…at the cost of a severing of his ability to use the Force. I was able to rebuild it, though the event changed him.”

She rose, moving to stand behind Siobhan. “I cannot promise results, but I feel there is a good chance. It will require me to have access to your mind to complete the rebuilding process. If it helps you will see some of mine in return. Through this melding I aim to provide healing.”

[member="Anya Venari"]

"Thank you. I am very grateful for your assistance, Tylania," Siobhan said softly. For a moment she took ahold of one of the wood elf's hands. "What would this...reconstruction process entail? Beyond me giving you access to my mind. Are there any risks involved?" She was understandably wary of letting anyone she did not know well into her mind, but the Paragon seemed an alright sort. Besides, nothing risked, nothing gained.

On the whole, she liked the Vashyada. They had some beliefs she disagreed with or regarded as narrow-minded, but they seemed like loyal types to her who would do well if given a chance and the right tools. Hopefully modernisation would not have a corrupting influence and rob them of the traits that made them more stable than their cousins.

Anya Venari

Star Queen Tirathana VII
Tylania considered carefully. “There are risks involved with anything involving the mind. However, I don’t think this will be especially hazardous. I am not trying to change your brain, just re-establish connections it already had before.”

She patted Siobhan’s hand. “I’m not sure if you’d like to start now, or perhaps we can tomorrow Perhaps best tomorrow. Make sure you get plenty of sleep and are calm and destressed. I will meditate and prepare myself. If Il…Chesna was not as loathe to aid me it would probably be smoother with the two of us. She, I deem, has seen your mind before now.”

[member="Anya Venari"]

Siobhan stroked the Paragon's hand. Tylania's skin was soft and warm to touch. Incidentally, the Paragon was a good deal taller than Siobhan. There was no sign of age upon her features, save for the depth of her profound grey eyes, which were like well of deep, ancient memory.

"Oh, she is very familiar with it. I shall spare you the details." Finally, she released Tylania's hand. "I gather she does not like being reminded of her past, or being around people who are a living embodiment of it. She told me of what happened with Ashira. The past always has a way of finding you, especially if you'd rather forget it," she trailed off.

The Eldorai pantheon was dysfunctional, to say the least. An appropriate reflection of the Eldorai themselves. "Anyway, that sounds fair. You should meet my two wards tomorrow. I'm sure they would love to become acquainted with you." And, no doubt, do their best to tease their aunt.

Anya Venari

Star Queen Tirathana VII
Tylania nodded. “All those long years ago I sensed Ashira’s fall, I sensed what had become of us. A scattered and ignoble people bereft of guidance and wisdom. There was nothing I could do of it here though.”

She seemed to brighten slightly at the prospect of meeting the children. “That would be fantastic, I do love children. For now though, let us part for tonight and we will meet in the morning. Remember, try to relax and not overly stress yourself, I know that might be difficult when you have such high standards for your…staff.”

A gentle smile, and then she headed away to the guestroom assigned to her. Siobhan would likely sense her presence as it was a beacon of the Light unmatched by any Force user on the station.

[member="Anya Venari"]

Siobhan's standards were very high. She was a stern taskmistress who demanded excellence, but rewarded it as well. Those who served her faithfully and took care of her considerable needs, both in the bedroom and outside of it, could be assured a glowing future.

"Good night, dear," she said softly. Her eyes followed Tylania for a few moments. It was a bit odd. When it came to alignment worlds lay between them. Indeed, the Vashyada persecuted followers of the Dark Side, though they never let this spill over into killing...unlike some Jedi. However, they had been able to find common ground.

Perhaps it helped that Siobhan, though capable of great ruthlessness, had never been the pointlessly malicious type. Partly because it did not lie in her character, partly because it was simply...inefficient. No entity built upon nothing but skulls and bones could endure. Of course, in the end it boiled down to necessity. Lacking other patrons or the ability to catch up without being uplifted by outsiders, the Vashyada needed her. They were just more sensible than the others when it came to realising this. She headed to her bedroom. Tylania had said something about how she should not stress herself. From Sio's point of view, one hour with her wife and her Xioquo slave counted as light.

Anya Venari

Star Queen Tirathana VII
Whilst Calana was ‘taken care’ of and Siobhan ‘assessed her staff’, Tylania slipped into her assigned room alone and sat on the bed. After a moment her eyes closed and she levitated gently from the bed so she was holding in midair. At her age sleep was not something she really needed anymore, but meditation and reflection was something which all could find useful.

It was hard when not meditating to pick up on the emotions and feeling around her. Certainly the emotions and feelings of those around her was certainly more…amorous…than she was used to. Regardless, she blocked them out and continued her work.

After a while the door opened and a figure slipped into her room.
“Hello again, sister. Chesna, is it now?” Tylania asked, her eyes still closed.
“That’s what it is now, yes,” Chesna replied a little brusquely. “Did you know I would be here?”
“I sensed you when we approached, but though I knew you worked for the Lady Siobhan I did not know you would be here directly, no.”
“I’ll have you know that I do other things here than just sleep with her,” Chesna said defensively.
“I never said anything or said I disapproved, sister. You do as you wish. However, I sense that you closely keep your powers about you now. Whatever happened must have…”
Chesna interrupted. “Doesn’t matter now. It happened a long time ago. I’ve put that behind me, and so should you.”
Tylania gestured diffidently with one hand. “Then why are you here, sister? If my presence offends or upsets you, I am sorry for that, but I am here for all my people.”
“You’re making things difficult. I don’t want to be reminded of the past, and I don’t want you to use that other name for me.”
“Then I shall not use it…Chesna. I will not stay for long, only enough for this convocation to be assembled. All our children assembled in one place. When that is done, I shall leave to guide my people once more.”
“Good…” Chesna said, though she didn’t leave.

Tylania opened her eyes and stood up, her feet touching the ground at last.
“Whilst I do not understand why you dislike me except as a reminder, I remain your sister, and if you ever need my aid, I will provide it where I can.”
“Thanks…” Chesna said, still not leaving.
Tylania walked over to her, pulled her into a hug again which the black haired woman resisted only briefly. A few moments later a few sobs could be heard.
“Shh, it’s alright, sister. I know things haven’t gone as planned in general and for us. When I felt your presence darken and fade and our mother perish all that time ago I thought there was only one other of us left. However, I have news. The last of our sisters has been found at last – Eyrecae.”
“The Qadiri Paragon?” Chesna looked up with red rimmed eyes.
“Yes, awakened from sleep by a Jedi and a rogue Eldorai named Kaida.”
“Kaida Taldir?”
“You know her?”
A slight blush, she looked down. “You might say we worked together unofficially.”
“Ah, I see. Well, they have gone now, to where I know not. It is my hope that Eyrecae will find some peace and strength we did not gain ourselves.”
“I’m sorry if I’ve been moody. I’m glad you’re here, it’s just….”
“I know, it’s okay. Work with me tomorrow on Siobhan. She needs our help. Together we can aid her.”
“You would help her?”
“I do not turn a person down because of their beliefs if they need help, not unless they strike at me, and this she has not done. You know her better than I, so your aid will be important.”
“I’ll help you, but just understand that I have built a new life, and I don’t want the people here looking at me differently. I’m not…her…anymore. I can’t be.”
“I understand. Come, sit with me, rest, we can talk or sleep as you will.”

Dawn, such as it was on the station, would find the two sitting together on the bed, Chesna sleeping gently on her sister’s shoulder. Tylania continued to meditate, awaiting the call to action.

[member="Anya Venari"]

"And this is your room, sweet sister," Vessa declared warmly. "Take your time to look around."
Calana looked shocked. "This is...all mine?" It was way too big and fancy for her modest tastes.
"Well...to sleep in and all that, yes."
Calana took a few moments to examine the room, the soft bed covers, the strange machines. Coming across a huge screen, she pressed a button. She almost jumped when it came to life. She saw people in strange robes move on the screen. They were hitting each other with flaming swords. "What is this?"
"That, my friend, is the holotelivision. It is...entertainment. People from far away pretend to be other people and these machines allow us to watch them. Make-believe. Playacting."
"Oh, I understand. It is like theatre," she knitted her brow together. "Do people always use these...machines? It feels so...removed," she searched for the right word. "Lifeless." Loud music blared out of the holotelly. "This noise offends my ears."
Vessa chuckled slightly and patted her on the shoulder, before using a remote to turn the volume down. "I sing and play the bowstring for Mistress Siobhan sometimes."
"Lady Kerrigan...what do, uh, actually do for the Skymistress?" Calana stammered, fumbling her words a bit.
Vessa coughed, put a finger on Calana's cheeck. "Why, I advise the Skymistress on Vashyyada matters and provide intimate attention on delicate matters." When she saw the confusion, she sighed. "I think you know what of my job is. I'm not ashasmed of it, but it's perhaps not what I expected it would be like."
Finally Calana put two and two together. "You lie with her? But she is married!" she flushed slightly, looking embarrassed. "Is she kind to you?"
"Marriage is no barrier. Her lady wife joins us sometimes," Vessa replied calmly, "and to answer your question, Mistress Siobhan has been. She is...demanding and hungry. I mean always. But she has never made me do anything that made me uncomfortable. Beneath the bravado, she can be very generous."
"This world you live in is so strange. Our people and the Xioquo living side by side, so many people dwelling in metal kraken. I cannot imagine living like this."
"Well, it's not for everyone and it's not all perfect. Not all Xio here are like Iuitl. But it's not a bad life either."
"But would we not lose all our culture? Our values? Our life in the forest is hard...but it is what has made us. If we dwelt in space and lived as the outsiders do, would we still be Vash?" she realised that her words could be seen as offensive and coughed. "I mean no offence. I did not wish to imply that you're not one of us."
"It's fine, I suppose some will see me that way," Vessa calmed her. "Have I been a removed from my roots? A bit, I guess. I was never a fierce huntress or a gifted healer. But seeing the stars has opened my eyes to so much more. Does it have to be one or the other? There is a degree of give or take, I guess, but just as the outsiders have technology, we have knowledge they can benefit from. Maybe it sounds idealistic, but I do think we could have the best of both worlds."
Calana did not seem quite convinced, but nodded. "You have given me much to think about," she muttered. "Do you still follow the old gods?" she asked after a moment.
"Not really, I've seen that most of them are not really...valid anymore."
Calana smiled slightly. "Perhaps though we could do a rite of the morning...you know...to help the sun rise?"
Vessa blinked. "You mean..."
"Only if you want, I don't want to suggest..." Calana said, blushing, turning away.
"No, I like the idea, I just wasn't sure you had it in you to suggest. I'd love to venerate the mother sun with you...."
"Well, I might have just ascended to the sky and this might all be new to me, but I'm still allowed to have some fun aren't I?"
"Sure you are! Now, if I remember correctly, we do the rite of the morning without so many of these pesky clothes...."
The ever inconsiderate curtain of PG-13 inexplicably appeared, blocking out the religious rites of the Vashyada. So impious.

Anya Venari

Star Queen Tirathana VII
Morning, such as it was aboard a station which saw the light of a million stars, came. Tylania emerged from her room looking as vigorous and energetic as ever, whilst Chesna yawned sleepily.
“You know, I’m not used to these early mornings,” she complained.
“Trust in yourself, sister, and the conditions or mortality wash away like snow in the rain.”
“That’s some truly hippie nonsense,” Chesna grumbled.
“Maybe…effective though. The Force sustains and the Light strengthens if you let it. Come on, I believe breakfast is prepared.”

They were a little early. Breakfast in the Kerrigan-Alcori household was usually a little…later…than usual. Much of this was due to Siobhan enjoying her sleep ins.
However, Harmony was up and working. She smiled at the pair. “Good morning, Lady Tylania, heya Chessie. Have a good night, eh?”
“It’s Chesna, Harmony,” she replied a little sternly. “And I had a quiet night with my sister.”
“Oh…right, sorry Chesna,” Harmony replied a bit confused as she set the table and departed.
Tylania laid a hand on Chesna’s shoulder. “Do not feel you need to impress me, sister. I am not ashamed of you, or anything else. You be who you want to be. Go after her, talk to her, Chesna. You know in your heart you are a good person. Be that person, sister, do not pretend to be something you’re not.”
“Always the wise one, weren’t you?” Chesna muttered, but nodded. “I’ll be back soon.”

Meanwhile Vessa and Calana were entering, along with Tegaea and Siobhan. They’d find Tylania seated at the table calmly drinking some tea.

[member="Anya Venari"]

Siobhan was opposed to early mornings. She adjusted to necessity when she was participating in a campaign. But outside of that, she liked her sleep ins. Her staff was still expected to be on call whenever she needed them. Regardless, she managed to rouse herself, though not without some grumbling.

"Morning, Tylania. Slept well?" Siobhan still looked a little tired as she limped into the kitchen. "Did you have a pleasant night, Calana?" she glanced towards the wood elf.

"I did, Lady, thank you. It was a bit unnerving...but I was able to adjust. Vesss and I worshipped the sun and the moon together."

"Oh, really?" Siobhan raised a delicate eyebrow. Meanwhile, Iuitl set the table, chuckling slightly. "I am glad to hear you were able to perform your religious rites. There are many moons and suns in space. Each demand their due."

Anya Venari

Star Queen Tirathana VII
Tylania raised an eyebrow when Calana mentioned her activities. She knew exactly what it meant, and the pair of Vash coughed and looked down, embarrassed.
“It is good to know the old ways are being maintained,” Tylania said gently. “I am sure there is only one moon and sun which you will worship and that is well.”

“To your question, Lady Kerrigan, I am well refreshed, thank you. How about yourself?”
“We performed our own set of special rites,” Tegaea said with a smirk.
“Excellent. Of this I am glad.”

Breakfast was laid out. Tylania subsisted on a small meal, but Calana seemed quite ravenous.

Tylania’s eyes flicked from Siobhan to settle on Tegaea. “Your wife requested that I discuss some matters with her in private this morning.”
“Did she?” Tegaea asked, looking at Siobhan. “Anything I need to know about?”

[member="Anya Venari"]

"Nothing of concern, dear. Order of Fire business, Force wizadry matters," Siobhan said smoothly. It was technically true. She plain and simply did not like discussing her impairments. Especially not in the presence of her staff. Her servants needed to know her as the Unconquered Fire. The fact that members of her household probably knew best about her health issues did not deter.

She helped herself to some of the food. Siobhan never had that big of an appetite in the morning, especially when she had to get up early. When breakfast came to a close and the servants picked up the dishes, she arose from her chair. "I'll see you in a bit, love," she planted a kiss on Tegaea's cheek. "Lady Tylania," she gave the Paragon a nod before limping out of the kitchen.

Anya Venari

Star Queen Tirathana VII
Tegaea was not the sort to get suspicious, but she was the sort to get annoyed at being brushed off, or at least how she saw it. She could not use the Force, but she preferred a less dismissive method. However, she bit her tongue on that and nodded.
“Very well, let me know when your meeting is complete,” she said. She looked to the two other Vash. “Calana, why don’t we take a walk together with Vessa and show her some more of the natural environment, perhaps the orchards?”

Siobhan and Tylania meanwhile went their own way, heading into a room where Chesna was already waiting. The Eldorai Paragon looked stressed and a little upset, but smiled as they entered.
“Siobhan, Tylania.” Her tone was different, a bit flatter, less subservient.
“Chesna, I trust everything is alright with Harmony?”
“It’s fine, we talked. Anyway…” Chesna said, moving on.
“Yes indeed. Well, Siobhan, I am more than willing to assist in helping to regain your connection to the Force. I have asked Chesna to be here not just because she knows you better, but because she and I can work together and amplify your powers.”
Chesna nodded, fretting a bit. “When we do this, our minds will become linked, open to each other. Uhh…we might each see things in the other we don’t like.”
“A fair point. Siobhan, are you prepared for this? Everyone has secrets they don’t want others to see, and though I promise I will not pry, there is a chance I might see something private or uncomfortable.”
“You’ll probably just see a lot of smut with me,” Chesna said, laughing a little nervously.
“I know what I will see in your mind, Chesna…and it does not worry me.”
“Hmmph, well aren’t you the best…. I’m guessing your mind is all rainbows, unicorns and sunlight.”
“Not quite, dear. We all have our secrets. That is why it’s important we are all aware of this.”

[member="Anya Venari"]

Chesna was fretting, Tylania was being nice. Siobhan was impatient. "Well, now we all know. No time to get wobbly. Let's get started, ladies," she declared a bit, well, impatiently and demandingly. She was the demanding type, as Chesna would know, both in and outside the bedroom. To make the first step, she dropped the barriers inside her mind. Aside from smut, there would be a lot of blood and gore, but no one ever had a problem with that.

Anya Venari

Star Queen Tirathana VII
“Indeed, there is no reason for delay. Lay down here please,” Tylania said. The chair was contoured and comfortable, but low to the ground so the two Paragons could kneel on either side.
As the three joined hands the connection was instant. Mental barriers lowered for this reason, all three were joined into a neural trinity.
‘Relax, you are going to sleep a while so we can work,’ Tylania’s voice passed comfortingly into Siobhan’s head.
‘Yeah, don’t worry about anything, we’ve got everything covered,’ Chesna’s voice said with great confidence.

Siobhan would slip into sleep. At first it was a fairly pleasant memory of the family home on Tygara. Tegaea was there, the children were there. All the children, even the ones now dead or lost.

One by one they started to fade away, and Siobhan could only watch helplessly as shadows claimed each of them until only three were left. A huddled pair of twins and a single redheaded girl were all that remained, but they were dwarfed under her shadow. The seemed as ants before her, the towering edifice of her dominating them. No matter that they did they could not escape her shadow.

From this shadow she could look out into a scene speckled with stars. Nations and leaders prostrated themselves before her, all of them worshipping her. However, from the corner of her eyes it was as if the bowing subjects turned on her when she was not looking at them. There, she turned when she saw one of them spit to find them reverently kneeling before her. All were worshipping her in her presence, but when her back was turned….

Salvation might be found in her wife, surely, but Tegaea was separated now by a great distance. No matter how far Siobhan stretched her wife remained elusive, out of reach. She could not hear Tegaea’s words but she seemed to be trying to reach for her too, but distance and shadows separated them. Blood dripped from Tegaea’s eye, appearing like a tear on her cheek.

Pulled away again she found herself before a vault. The solid door was hot to the touch, but was firmly closed. The great wheel on the door was hot, burning to the touch. When at first she reached for it she recoiled, but there was no other way to go. The endless dark passage behind her was cold and forlorn the door concealed true power. True fire.

As Siobhan grasped the wheel and turned it, the fire burning her flesh, the door opened and heat seared her soul. But in that moment she would become stronger. Arising from the fire was a phoenix of crimson and gold, and where she had been burned she now glowed with inner fire. The vault stood open, all she needed to do was step into it to claim the power she had always used so effortlessly.

Standing by the vault were two figures. One, the embodiment of darkness. Her dark armour was slick with blood and her crown was golden studded with emerald.
The other was a shifting shape, the face twisting and changing. Indeed, they seemed to have two faces, and the ability to shift from one to the other. Her crown was of silver studded with jet.

In unison they extended their hands.
‘Come, join us. Let the fire of this power burn away your weakness. Let yourself become once more the Queen of Power you know you can be.’
The voices were in unison, flat, soft. They waited for Siobhan to take the final steps.

[member="Anya Venari"]

For her, it was a parabolic descent into chaos.

Bit by bit everything was stripped away.

Her family? It vanished in smoke. One by one, her children were claimed by the shadows, until she was left with three children swallowed by her shadow, too weak and intimidated to make their own path. Legacy is what you pass down to your children, and your children's children. It's what remains of you when you're gone. Your legacy is a lie, the whispers said. How could someone so obsessed with the idea of her family have any conception of what her actual family was doing? Anger rose inside her like bile. Her roar shook the walls of the villa, but it was an impotent rage, a futile raging against the heavens.

Rulers bowed before her, but schemed and scorned her in secret, sharpening their daggers. You will be queen...for a while. She seemed to diminish, withering away as. Her wife was torn from her. Even as she stretched out to graps her hand, she was pulled away, being consumed by the shadows. In anger, she slammed her clenched fist into the cold, hard wall. Now blood rains down on gold-and-red, alongside Death in his stark grey robes. And now the snows fall o’er your halls, with not a soul to hear;

Then she was alone in the cold and the darkness. She shivered, feeling as if she was freezing. Frost pearls formed on her skin, but she pressed on. Before her lay a scalding hot wheel. Her hand grasped it, seeking to turn it. But it refused to give and it burnt so hot that the fire seared her flesh. The fire matched the rage inside her heart. She felt as if her skin was being burnt away, but she forced the wheel to turn, pouring her rage into the action. Even her eyes felt like they were burning.

Finally, the door opened. As the fire touched her soul, she felt as if she was burning from the inside out. Crying out in pain, she dropped to her knees as as a wave of flame swept over her, engulfing her in its fiery embrace. But it was not just physical pain she felt. Pain is weakness leaving the body. It was an act of cleansing, of exorcising that which had constrained her. The invisible chains that had been wrapped around her soul could not withstand the heat and melted.

When she arose, she felt power coursing through her veins. I am not a slave to ghosts and illusions. My legacy is mine to make. Strictly speaking, the pain had not vanished. But rather than suffer from it, she embraced it. Where her skin was burnt, a radiant glow emanated from it. Fires danced above her head, forming a sort of circlet. As she emerged and stepped into the vault, she beheld two figures. One was clad in a suit of obsidian armour coated with red ichor. On top of her head rested a crown of gold. By contrast, the other was a face dancer, ever shifting., with a crown of silver.

When she grasped their hands, they were both hot and cold to touch. "It is good to be back."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom