Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Fortress-Class Cruiser

Status
Not open for further replies.
adam-burn-fortress-class.jpg

Image Source: Adam Burn
Affiliation: Private Market
Manufacturer: Koros Spaceworks
Model: i5QC-MF (Isotope-5 Quad Core Mobile Fortress)
Modularity: No
Production: Semi-Unique (3)
Material: Quadanium, Cortosis
Classification: Heavy Cruiser

Length: 900 m
Width: 200 m
Height: 400 m

Armament:
Capital Weaponry [x75]
  • [15x] Ion Cannons
  • [30x] Heavy Turbolasers
Defensive Weaponry [x15]
  • [15x] Quad-lasers

Hangar: 3

Special Features:

Maneuverability Rating: 14
Speed Rating: 15
Hyperdrive Class: 2

Strengths:
  • Cortosis-plated hull allows for increased resistance from energy-based projectiles, such as turbolasers and the like.
  • The use of four Isotope-5 reactors allows for a minimal strain on each reactor, reducing the required output of each one to roughly 40%.
Weaknesses:
  • The Cortosis plating is significantly weaker to physical projectiles, such as mass driver cannons, and will flake off in varying sizes depending on the hit.
  • The use of four reactors, especially the imperfect Isotope-5 model in use, means that if one reactor were to rupture the ship would essentially become a giant floating bomb - there is hardly a chance for any escape or surviving what could only be described as Michael Bay-class explosions in such instances.

Description:
The Fortress-Class Cruiser is a return to the golden age of Koros Spaceworks, at a time where they produced ships that appeared like daunting fortresses with extensive exterior plating to minimize damage to the hulls of these ships. This heavy cruiser is equipped with a modest set of armaments, cortosis plating, and a set of four Isotope-5 reactors. The amount of capital weapons is not something to snort at, but it also is not an exorbitant amount found in most ships designed for offensive engagements. The ship was built with fortitude and defense in mind with armored plating made from cortosis that is defensive against energy weaponry, such as turbolasers and the like. Due to the use of Cortosis for plating, however, the relatively effective plating is prone to flaking off or even breaking away when struck by physical projectiles. It is for this reason the hull was built from Quadanium steel, rather than continuing the use of cortosis in the ship's entirety. The ship is also not meant for entering the atmosphere of planets due to this weakness.

Four isotope-5 reactors were placed in the ship rather than a single one, spreading out the requirement for power to each one - or 25% per reactor. Due to this the ship can handle its functions at all times while simply exerting a larger drain on each reactor. This comes at a heavy risk, as the reactors are notoriously lacking in safety and efficiency - even though isotope-5 itself is extremely stable - and is known for its infamous instability when too much power is put out at any given time from any one reactor. For this reason the use of four reactors counter-balances this, although the risk is still present. If any of these reactors were to explode it would result in the combined explosions of four of these reactors, causing a super-massive explosion that would quickly engulf the ship and balloon outwards from there. in an shape known as the "Bay Effect".

The ship's hangar is located within the gap between the top and bottom halves of the front section of the ship. Each side of the base of this gap is protected by raised wall-like protrusions and defensive emplacements. The idea behind this style of hangar placement is to expedite the process of unloading and loading squadrons, of which this ship carries three of, during skirmishes and other various occasions that call for such. They also have a more direct route to the front-end of the ship, rather than unloading from below. The hangar bay is built with Quadanium steel, and was not plated with cortosis due to the physical stress caused by the landing and take-off of various sized ships. Due to this there is a lane within the hangar bay that is more vulnerable to laser fire than the armored exterior, although flying into a hangar bay to unload attacks on such a ship could be considered suicide.
Development Thread: Invasion of Kashyyk - Duel between Silara and Graxin Rade, resulting in her defeat and near-death.
Intent: To give Koros Spaceworks a valuable capital ship.
Who Can Use This: Contracted Groups, Koros Spaceworks, Approved Buyers
Primary Source: N/A

RESEARCH REVIEW<br /> <br />Star Wars Canon:<br />Pending initial review<br /> <br />Starwars Chaos: <br />Pending initial review<br /> <br />WITHOUT DEV THREADS<br />Pending initial review<br /><br />WITH DEV THREADS<br />Pending Initial review<br /><br />SUGGESTIONS<br />Pending Inital review

This is tougher than your usual carrier by far.

It has max squadrons, and special defences. However, it has limited production and only a medium amount of armaments.

Bit of a tank carrier.

We've discussed this as part of a refinement process for ship judging on Skype and I am content with the edits that you have made.

Cortosis plating is applied to this, but in no way should be roleplayed as making this near invincible.

Pending approval [member="Alric Kuhn"]

[member="Silara Kuhn"]

RESEARCH REVIEW

Star Wars Canon:
Starwars Chaos:
WITHOUT DEV THREADS

• Turn this into a Starfighter since you are using Starfighter technology for the plating and for the shielding.

Starfighter
    Link: http://starwars.wiki...iki/Starfighter
    Variants: Bombers, Scouts, Atmospheric Fighters, Gunship, Dropship, Interceptor
    Average Length: 1 - 50 Meters.

[*]Cortosis additional plating
  • ​Since you are using pure cortosis, which is a brittle ore, please add that reentry into the atmosphere also prompt the flaking off.
  • The constant re flaking also means that the use of this restricted material to replace it will require more of it -- Limited in a general sense is too much if one of the weaknesses requires reapplication for multiple 900m ships. Please drop this down to Semi - Unique with a fixed number.

WITH DEV THREADS
  • Both the Charged plating and the Deflector shield are tech from the Old Republic SWTOR Galactic Starfighter, well over thousands of years old. As this is a game mechanic and you are using them to be used on a heavy cruiser, each of these systems will have to have their own tech subs with a proper and quality development thread for each due to the modernization.
    Modernized 00D-A_charged_plating_shield_system - Quality 10 post thread for the R&D Development.
  • Modernized HU-OC_deflector_shield ( Quality 10 post R&D thread -- you may use the same dev thread ^ for this requirement but it must contain the mention of modernizing this for a larger vessel, but two different tech subs)

[*]Cortosis additional plating
  • ​Since you are using pure cortosis, the addition that reentry into the atmosphere also will flake off the cortosis will need to be added as a weakness.
  • The constant re flaking also means that the use of this restricted material to replace it will require more -- Limited in a general sense is too much if one of the weaknesses requires reapplication for multiple 900m ships. Please drop this down to Semi - Unique -- or Limited with a set amount of ships with an additional cortosis restricted metals dev thread.

SUGGESTIONS

This is an interesting ship and I apologize that this took so long to reply to, but I wanted to conduct a thorough research in regards to this.

Canon Tech is accepted and not required to go through a modernization requirement if it is simply used as is -- however, while canon the tech used here is from SWTOR Galactic Starfighter and made for a starfighter, not for a cruiser of 900 meters.

Once this has been modified for a larger ship, then that is when canon tech should go through the factory and updated and modernized to standards. I would advise that the two special systems be developed, subbed, and approved first before continuing on with this specific Ship sub if you want it to remain at cruiser length.

[member="Cira"], I believe I have made the necessary changes, if I've missed anything please let me know. I will look into submitting a different application of the canon technology when I have the time for future submissions rather than put them into use now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom