Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Formatting Errors

Zeradias Mant

Democracy Dies in Darkness
Short Description: All my accounts suffer from formatting errors when posting.
Browser: Google Chrome 54.0.2840.99 (64 bit)
Severity: Moderate, applies to all of my accounts
Description: Pretty sure I've brought it up on unofficial channels, but it keeps happening time and time again, so I want to bring it up here.

Whenever I make an RP post, I use forum formatting. Almost always, I use the Georgia or Lucida Console font, italics, bold, and various colors to denote speech. It works flawlessly as I type my post in both the quick and full editor, but then when I submit the message, it will either remove the font or color, sometimes both.

Normally this wouldn't bother me a ton, as I can just edit the post to make the changes once more so it appears the way I intended. I've done this since I joined and it never bothered me, particularly because it doesn't show the 'Edited by' line, at least on all of my character accounts. On my writer account, it does not allow the option to disable the 'Edited by' line. So whenever, I submit a post, it says 'Edited by'. Every. Single. Time.

Why am I having such issues with Chaos formatting, and is there anything that can be done to fix it? I do not want to use Google Docs or another third party word processing program as formatting doesn't carry over more often than not and I still need to make the modifications here (which would probably be undone anyways.)

[member="Zeradias Mant"]

I'd be easier for the admins to see what's going on if you provided links. Just off the top of my head, I'd suggest taking a screencap of the formatted post before posting it, then linking to the screencap and resulting post (before and after, essentially). And not editing the post itself to match the intended formatting after the errors occur.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom