Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Formal Education

dgxmq14-4d2aaa93-542a-4548-a4d5-8abe8fb38b16.png

TAGS: Iko Vel Iko Vel
The Vonnuvi Jedi Enclave

dgxmmvv-a37f840b-d383-4727-8658-db139c0bb7ca.png

Braze had his saber set to training mode as he waited for his friend to take up their weapons. "You sure you don't want to use a training saber Iko?" Braze asked as he set aside his arm brace to make sure he didn't mess it up. He tucked his wrist in to his coat jacket and saluted Iko with his blade before assuming a ready stance.

"Why would I need to? A Force-imbued blade can do the same as a lightsaber. And it looks cooler."

Iko shrugged his shoulders at that. In his eyes, lightsabers weren't needed. They further detached the Jedi from regular people which in this day and edge wasn't a good thing in his mind.

He gave a small twirl of his blunted sword either way. One of many little side projects he had made, a songsteel blade that was...well...missing its sharpened edge. It was more of a metal baton than anything if he was being honest, just forged into the shape of a blade. He had plenty of practice using the real thing anyway!...Against training droids, but once again that wasn't the point.

The young lad just lifted up the blade, keeping a firm grip with both of his hands and stood in his stance, keeping the tip of his sword pointed towards Braze. Whilst Iko was normally a big goofball, when it came to sparring or fighting against actual people, he was actually quite serious.

Braze Braze

"Well okay." Braze wasn't going to argue against his idea of cool. With a quick nod, he decided to take the initiative, his movements crisp and calculated. Starting out with a light attack, he aimed to test Iko's defenses. His blade moved swiftly towards Iko in an attempt to probe for weaknesses and gauge his response.

Iko decided to focus on his defense for now. He'd have to come up with his own styles of fighting at the end of the day, at least in his eyes. As Braze's blade moved towards Iko, the young Padawan would swing his blade up in an attempt to parry. There was no attempt at a retaliation strike however. He was just playing the waiting game. Braze was a trained opponent, so rushing in wasn't a smart idea. And well...Iko wasn't normally a smart person, but a broken clock could be right twice a day.

Braze Braze

"Good," Braze praised with a smile, acknowledging Iko's efforts. With a deliberate movement, he shifted his blade slowly, demonstrating a subtle maneuver. Sliding atop the blade, he stopped just short of launching an attack, instead indicating the trajectory it would take.

"You have to be careful of angles," Braze advised, his tone light yet earnest. "Makashi practitioners aim to dominate the top of the blade because it opens up opportunities for a counter towards your inside."

Careful of angles...If he was going to be focusing on defense, he'd have to be aware of his surroundings, whilst also stand his ground...Stand his ground....Hm...Most lightsaber styles emulate or are named after creatures...maybe he could name his own styles based around elements. So...his defensive style, relying on standing his ground...could be Terra Stance.

Iko gave a firm nod towards Braze, as he tried to figure out the best way to cover an attack like that. Keeping his sword close to his body would allow for him to cover openings...alongside making sure not to over extend himself to defend. After all, if he'd stretch himself out to block a strike, taht would just make it easier to hit him at the end of the day.

Braze Braze

"Good. staying tight and close is good. Braze could see Iko adjusting, and it was good."

He thought perhaps he could offer some basics on how controlling the center line was something Makashi practitioners often tried to do and how to essentially counter what happened or use it to his own advantage.

"Picture this: you and your opponent's blades meet, but yours ends up on top. That's what we call a center line bind. Now, if they're on the attack from this position, here's how to handle it."

Braze said and gently maneuvered their blades to mimic the opposite of what just occurred to put Iko's blade in the advantageous position.

"First off, you're in a good spot to control the engagement. Use your blade on top to guide their blade away from you, kind of like a parry. This blocks their attack and sets you up for a counterattack."

Braze applied some movement of their blade touching to demonstration how it worked for Iko.

"But here's the tricky part: if your blade's on top, they might try to counterattack while you're focused on defending. To avoid that, you gotta keep the pressure on. Don't give them any room to maneuver. Stay close and stay sharp."

Again he demonstrated this by moving his own blade and applying pressure against Iko's to show him.

"Now, if you want to make sure they're not in a position to counterattack, you've gotta be proactive. Keep your movements tight and controlled. Don't overextend yourself, or you'll leave yourself open for a counter."

"They could also deactivate their lightsaber, right though? So if I'm putting pressure against their blade, they could deactivate it and put me off guard..."

Hm...How would he deal with that kind of situation? He just focused on Braze's blade as the young lad was trying to do his best to figure out this solution. Of course he had the drawback that he couldn't do that himself because he was using a sword. He wasn't that dumb to think that swords were perfect and flawless. He also knew lightsabers were the better choice...but that didn't mean he was always going to go with the best choice

Using the Force could work...but Iko wasn't too confident in his skills with the Force. He was more of a martialist...than a Forceist. Hm...What could be another way to get around it...if an opponent was focused on his blade...Well, would they be focused on his other hand? A sharp punch could work against an opponent possibly...or if he kept a dagger concealed for a sneak attack. Well a sneak attack wasn't very Jedi-like...but at the same time...Well, as long as he managed to succeed in his mission, that was what would be important?

Braze Braze

"Sure, they could deactivate their lightsaber," Braze acknowledged, considering the scenario. "But here's the thing, even if they do, you still have the upper hand. You see, when you're putting pressure against their blade, you're controlling the engagement. If they deactivate it, they're essentially giving up that control. "

He paused, thinking through the possible responses to such a situation. "Now, if they deactivate their lightsaber, they're vulnerable for a split second. That's your chance to strike. Keep your focus sharp and be ready to capitalize on any openings. And hey, if you're worried about them trying something sneaky, like a punch or a concealed dagger, just stay alert and be prepared to react accordingly. Being able to activate and reactivate the blade is called Trakata. This can back fire like what you saw happen with me and Jonyna Si Jonyna Si . If I were to... " He deactivated his blade and his hilt moved forwards instantly and his blade reactivated near his neck.

"This can be a way of circumventing going forwards but is dangerous as I'm giving up that center line and letting your blade in to my inner circle. If I'm not careful you can get me before I get you...
But if you were... " He eased back and pressed his blade against the under side of Iko's. "Lean in to push me back for example... go a head and do that. "

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom