Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Form II [open training]

Sorel Crieff

Ready are you? What know you of ready?
1478801212759237.png

It was known by many names: Form II, Makashi, The Way of the Ysalamiri, The Contention Form. Sorel knew it well enough to teach it but it was not one of her preferred Forms. But, in her quite traditional training, it was the second she’d learned, after Shii-Cho.

She mused its strengths and weaknesses as she warmed up for the session, performing a training regime specifically for the Form. She was using a training saber with a curved hilt, specifically designed for the Form and was waiting to see who would attend the session.

She had already removed her cloak and it was hanging on a peg near the other training sabers the students would use. The day was already warm, despite only being late morning, and sun streamed in through the windows of the room and highlighted the dust motes as they drifted in the thermals the heat was generating.

[member="Sorel Crieff"]

The sound of the howly's as Elizabeth was moving through the hallway to go to the class itself. She had a great chance to learn a lot about the force itself here but there was also the chance that she would be able to roam around and see about learning from the jedi masters here. Saber forms where she could go with a small look on her face until she came into the room looking at Sorel and looking a small look on her face as she stood there prepared to do anything with her sabe ron her hip having a small grin on her face. "Master Crieff."

The former padawan of her half sister teaching a class? Katagiri had to meet this girl as the older woman walked and in contrast to her sisters she was white and silver with pale skin. Son-Jan had trained her in the beginnings of Makashi and she had bene working harder to understand and use the skills... so a class like this would serve to make sure she was understanding and able to propely use the skills for herself. With a small look as she had a silver and irovy saber hilt on her hip with the silvery white durindfire crystal and the synthweave to make it a lightsider beacon on her hip.

Jairdain had little knowlege of these different Forms of combat and wanted to know about them. In the time between sessions with her master and other small duties she had, Jairdain arranged her schedule to be free to come to this class. She's not sure she'll even make a good fighter, but wants to try anyway.

Her dark hair is pulled back and she wearing her traditional clothing, she walks into the room where [member="Sorel Crieff"] will be holding class.

She looks around, taking note the other three all had lightsabers on their hips and let out a small sigh. She had nothing like them, only her vibrosword.

[member="Katagiri Ike"]
[member="Elizabeth"]

Back on Voss, Arisa had returned to helping out with training. Sorel was around doing the same, which was always a nice bonus as she got to hang out with her friend during down times like these.

For today, Sorel was supposed to be teaching the finer points of Form II, a dueling-centric style that had come back in vogue in this era where melee combat had become all too common as the Sith once again operated in the open. Great precision and speed came to mind when she thought of Form II.

She'd help Sorel out with instruction, and maybe get a few rounds in a few friendly duels. While she preferred the more eclectic style of Form VI, she was still quite well versed in Form II. She made it a point to treat all styles proceeding VI more like interrelated techniques rather than separate disciplines.

She arrived right on the heels of a fresh initiate wielding a vibro-blade (Jairdain). That piqued her interest, not seeing many Jedi running around with physical blades like she did on occasion. In fact, she had busted out her estoc for this training session. She had good reason to do so. Many Sith liked to employ alchemical swords or another physical melee weapon in place of a lightsaber, so it was good that, while practicing a dueling form, that one be introduced to these particular threats early on.

"Looks like I made it just in time," she said as she came up beside Sorel.

Her dress style contrasted sharply with her more orthodox friend, sporting modern looking black and gray sweats and tennis shoes in place of robes and boots. Along with a gunmetal lightsaber hilt clipped to her belt, she also had blaster strapped to her left thigh. She didn't plan on making use of the blaster, but all the recent attacks by the Sith were making her exercise caution. With one blaster she was like a small army onto herself.

[member="Sorel Crieff"] [member="Jairdain"] [member="Elizabeth"]

Sorel Crieff

Sorel welcomed each student as they arrived, and expected that one or two more would appear as the class began proper. But she did not want to hold up the learning for those that had already found their way to the classroom, she she began.

"I appreciate you coming here today, to learn all about the second Form and begin your practical training. By way of an introduction, it would be good to hear who you are - I recognise most of you but I'm not sure you all know each other. Then tell me one fact you know about Makashi."

[member="Arisa Yune"] @Jairdain @Katagiri Ike [member="Elizabeth"]

Vitha swooped down landing next to Sorel. A long handled double bladed lightsaber clattered onto the ground. Talons closed over it a moment later as she landed. Wings folding up over the back she adjusted herself and turned her head slightly to look at the open window she'd just come through.

Turning back she shrugged her wings. "I know it has a lot of thrusting and small cuts." she says and lifted up one of her legs. Taking the lightsaber from her talons into the fingers on her right wing she adjusted herself. "I've been reading through the lightsaber treatises."

[member="Sorel Crieff"] [member="Arisa Yune"] @Jairdain @Katagiri Ike @Elizabeth

[member="Jairdain"] [member="Vitha Sat-thuron"] [member="Sorel Crieff"] [member="Arisa Yune"]

Katagiri was looking at them here now, with a small look as she saw more of them arriving and it would give her something to see or work with. "I am Katagiri Ike." She said it while looking at the others in and room and she dind't really know who they were but she was going to be able to better work with them and have maybe a small chance for herself here. She had her blade and the lessons that Son-Jan had taught her to go with so she was prepared for whatever might come from it.

Elizabeth was looking as more entered and she stood there as possibly one of the youngest but she was ready for all of it. There so that she might be able to practice. her saber on her hip and her eyes flicking to see the others with a small look on her face. "I am Elizabeth." She said it softly brushing some of her bangs out from her eyes and letting a few of the scars that she had there. Looking over at a few other parts of it though with the people here they seemed to be padawans mostly and the master someone she had seen before on the island.

Not long ago, she had been a stranger within the walls of Voss Academy, but over time, the Republican transplant has begun to grow familiar with her fellow Jedi, like Katagiri and Sorel, of course. Although there were some she recognised as being fresh faces, like Vitha and Elizabeth.

"Arisa
Yune," she said, joining in on introductions, then flashing Sorel a grin.

"Form II, or Makashi, was the first form to truly optimised for lightsaber wielding, primarily for use against other lightsaber wielders as they became more common among both the Sith and Jedi. It emphasises refined, efficient strikes and movements."

She unclipped her hilt from her belt, then flicked it on with a mental command to generate a fine silver blade of light.

"As the whole plasma shaft is deadly, even the smallest tap can cause massive trauma or even death. For this reason, the wide slashing movements of the proceeding Form I style are not needed."

She provided a live example as she spoke, making a long string of small cuts and thrusts. Her movements were so rapid that after images were created in her wake, much too fast for the average human to follow and some of the initiates may have even had trouble tracking her arm and blade.

"In the time it would take a Shii-Cho user to make that first swing, you could strike several times with just a few flicks of your blade."

After making the motions, she deactivated her blade, then lowered her hand.

[member="Sorel Crieff"] [member="Vitha Sat-thuron"] [member="Katagiri Ike"] [member="Elizabeth"]

Jairdain watched with great interest the movements [member="Arisa Yune"] made with her saber. Through the Force, she could see them how precise and accurate they were. The woman answered [member="Sorel Crieff"] very effectively and described it quite well.

She stepped forward slightly, speaking softly, but clearly and loud enough to be heard by those in the room.

"I am Jairdain Numare, but prefer to be called Jera. I have no knowledge of the different lightsaber forms so can't tell you anything about this one. I'm sorry."

As she spoke, Jairdain looked at each of them in turn, her look falling last on Sorel.

[member="Elizabeth"]
[member="Katagiri Ike"]
[member="Vitha Sat-thuron"]

Sorel Crieff

Sorel nodded at each of the responses.

“It’s good to see a general understanding – but do not worry if the theory is not something you are familiar with – this is a practical demonstration after all.”

Looking around the room once more, she continued. “A little later, I’ll ask you to pair up but for now I’ll show you the basics, you copy and I can wander around and make any little adjustments. Then, once you’re comfortable, we can do a little sparring.”

“So grab yourself a training saber – these are specific for Makashi as they have a curved hilt – and when you use them you’ll understand the relevance of that, given the style of the Form.”

“Makashi relies on balance and economy of movement as it tends to avoid leaps and acrobatics. Now let’s practice the opening stance.”

Sorel demonstrated a single handed low guard. The saber was held in her strong hand, and held at her side, the blade pointed down. Her feet were shoulder width apart.

The lightsaber hilt was held with the thumb pointing down the length of the blade to allow for smaller, tighter, more accurate movements of the saber. The rest of her fingers were wrapped around the hilt holding it tightly, but not so tight as to limit the fluidity of the movements.

“We start with a salute – a challenge to duel if you will, which is followed by a flourish.” Her saber was held in one hand, brought up vertical directly in front of her face, then swung down in a Makashi flourish.

The Makashi flourish consisted of rapidly moving the tip of the blade in an X shaped pattern through the air.

[member="Jairdain"] [member="Arisa Yune"] [member="Elizabeth"] [member="Katagiri Ike"] [member="Vitha Sat-thuron"]

[member="Sorel Crieff"]

Elizabeth was looking at her here when she was looking at it. To give her attention before they were moving to provide a lot of the attention. She saw the others who were moving and getting a few ideas from them she moved around until ready and prepared. A few thought with a training sabe in her hand as she felt the curved hilt with a look on her face. It wasn't exactly the feeling she liked and she couldn't see using this with other forms. The padawan was prepared for a number of things now holding the blade up with the hilt in her hand and irroring Sorel.

[member="Sorel Crieff"]

Katagiri was looking at Sorel as she explained it and she could see the others who were giving ideas. Places where they might be able to better work on it. Her saber going to her hip and drawing a curved hilted training saber that she would be able to move around with. Just like Son-Jan had taught her she was able to move around and around with it in her hand without making large slashes so that it felt comfortable to her wrist. She preferred Djem So for combating sabers for the counter attacks but she could enjoy the art of makashi.

Vitha adjusted herself watching the fairly rapid demonstration. Eyes following the light from the blade she noted the jabs and what almost seemed like cuts that hit then were drawn back which she assumed was meant to improve the cut. It was an impressive display and her eyes could barely keep up with the blade.

Turning to her master the Avogwi listened carefully. Glancing down when she was told to switch training lightsabers Vitha tapped it slightly as she approached it. "Master I'm keeping the longer hilt. I need it for the reach since I hold my blade so low."

Jairdain nodded slightly and went off to find one of the training sabers for this practice. She picked one that was comfy for her to hold and went back to her position on the floor. Watching [member="Sorel Crieff"] demonstrate the movement and placement of her feet, Jairdain did her best to imitate the master.

Since there was no foot moving (yet) Jairdain got the move almost perfect. Once real movement got involved, then her mistakes would happen more.

[member="Vitha Sat-thuron"] [member="Katagiri Ike"] [member="Elizabeth"]

Sam would walk into the room sigh softly to himself as he was late again as he was still learning his way around the academy. His eyes would move to Sorel as he gave her a small bow of his head "I am sorry that I am late"Even in apologizing though his voice had a hardness to it.Than looking to the others in the room he quickly crossed the floor and went to the table where the training sabers lay.

He would pick one of the curved hilted sabers up and adjusting his grip on the handle a few times as he got used to the curve of the blade, Holding it firm but not tight and with his thump in line where the blade would be, giving it a few testing flicks and movements with his wrist getting used to the hold and sabers hilt before moving to join the rest "In case I missed introductions I am Sam" Watching the movements the others where making he would than mimic them slowly once and than twice before running though them himself speeding up his movements and trying to improve the precision of them with each attempt but also testing with different speeds and slight changes on the movement.

Jairdain Vitha Sat-thuron Katagiri Ike Sorel Crieff

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom