Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forgotten Arts

Ronan Nakasla

R
[OOC Note: For the purposes of this thread, [member="Ezra Denko"] will be playing the role of an Old Republic Force Ghost who wishes to bring the arts of the Crossguard Blade back into the modern era. The actual E. Denko character does not know any of this (as far as I know), so don't get upset about that.]

ETTI IV
Life had been interesting lately, that was for sure. Jules had taken control of a company subsidiary, discovered a rare little gem on Lothal, and taken a Sith Lightsaber from a derelict space station. Overall he felt like it was all leading up to something; he was not sure what, though. He decided to stop by Etti IV for awhile. Get some drinks, trade some junk, and explore the mossy plains that smelt of salt and grass. He kicked a rock into a nearby shallow ocean, trying to relax. He could not shake the feeling he was being followed or watched, but there was nobody here with him. He stopped again to look around him and frowned. Maybe it was a better idea to head back. He turned around and headed back in the direction of the Lorsan Tekka. He had walked pretty far, though.

Arjant Clevenger

A
"The Force is strong with this one..." the old Jedi Master thought as he could sense the many medichlorians within [member="Jules Crux"]. He had been watching Jules ever since he stepped foot on Etti IV when he sensed that the smuggler had access to the supernatural powers of the force. He could sense that the man knew that someone was being watched and followed, and every time the man turned around hoping to find the stalker he would just see the natural surroundings of the beach. Even if the smuggler investigated his surroundings he would not find a single trace of Jax Trekkin (the Jedi Master Ghost). Not even footprints since the Jedi Master was deceased and was now part of the Living Force. It was time for Jax to reveal himself to the Smuggler now that the man was about to leave to his ship.

"Jules Crux..." the Ghost said and reveal himself as a blue spirit when he was an old man in the living realm.

Ronan Nakasla

R
The voice came from nowhere, and was quite startling considering that nobody else was supposed to be out here. Not that he had seen. His head whipped around until his eyes came to rest on a blue-shimmering old man. Long grey hair, piercing blue-green eyes like the sea next to them, and pale skin were all obscured by that blue hue. Jules instinctively looked around for some kind of holoprojector; and without one in sight he just raised an eyebrow in confusion at the old blue man. What the frak was going on here? he wondered, but decided to see where this went. Crux had nothing better to do, after all, and a blue guy was seriously better than feeling like his brain was splitting open again.

"I don't owe you money, do I?"

[member="Ezra Denko"]

Arjant Clevenger

A
A small chuckle escaped the ghost when the smuggler asked him if he had any debt with him. Money and wealth was insignificant to the Jedi and the Jedi Order since they were guardians and keepers of the peace. The billions of credits were insignificant to the supernatural powers of the Force which was one of the important tools to any Jedi. The Force was his ally, friend, and tool and with it any Jedi wouldn't need wealth to survive the rest of their lives. The deceased Jedi Master began to walk towards Crux, leaving no footprints in the sand but his Jedi robes trailed behind him as if the laws of physics affected his clothes. Yet if some lightsaber or projectile was shot at him it would only go through him and not affect him in any matter whatsoever.

"A Jedi never puts people in debt, Crux. So, no, you don't owe me any money at all," Jax replied back to the living man. "I believe you've never seen anything like me in your life by judging that look on your face and by feeling your emotions. Do not fear, for I am not one that would inflict harm upon another since I'm already dead. Instead, I've come to teach you a useful skill that will be the beginning of a long journey that you will walk on - that is if you are ready to walk on that path."

[member="Jules Crux"]

Ronan Nakasla

R
The fact that the man before him was behaving like a holoprojection with his environment, almost looked like a holoprojection, but refused to act like he was a holoprojection, and the lack of holoprojectors, left Jules quite confused. In fact, he was more than a little apprehensive as he took a step backward. Ghosts were not real. They did not exist. Then the old man spoke to not be afraid; insisted that he meant no harm to Crux. The young man lowered the hand he had not realised that he had raised, and was left quizzical. Already dead? That meant that he had to be a ghost.

"Ghosts aren't supposed to be real, you know," Jules said, brow furrowed, "And what do you mean 'teach me'?"

[member="Ezra Denko"]

Arjant Clevenger

A
"Those that have passed away and joined the Force can take up the presence of a ghost, Crux. You've never seen one until now because of personal reasons. Me, however, think that you have one heck of a journey that will need some assistance from me especially knowing you carry the ingredients to create a lightsaber," the Jedi said to the smuggler. It was good to see that the man didn't run off and screamed in the air about seeing a ghost coming to haunt him the rest of his life. "Now, you must be thinking that I will teach you how to construct a regular lightsaber, but you are wrong. Many Jedi, including the Sith, have disbanded the arts of using a crossguard lightsaber. This art is unique and different from other sabers, but it has no drawbacks or strengths unless the user has no knowledge." Jax wouldn't be surprised if Crux was shocked and amazed that he would be creating and owning his own lightsaber, for it was a rare and honored privilege for one who was strong with the Force.

[member="Jules Crux"]

Ronan Nakasla

R
"Personal reasons," Jules echoed in a mutter. That was an odd statement coming from an ancient Jedi.

The young spacer had accepted face value. It was an experience, and even if this man was a recording or something to that effect there was no real reason to protest against this encounter. Rolling with it was ultimately the best course of action. His eyebrows perked up when he heard that he possessed the 'ingredients to create a lightsaber'. He knew that he had a lightsaber. That red one he picked up on that Denarii job, but to make a whole new one? Then the idea carried on further that it would be a unique, or at least rare, design in the modern era made the treasure hunter's shiny radar go off the charts.

"Isn't lightsaber construction only for Jedi?" he asked, "I can't do any of that, I mean, look," he held out his hand at a stone and made a face. It was somewhere between concentration and constipation and nothing happened; and with his point made he gave this Ghost a questioning look.

[member="Ezra Denko"]

Arjant Clevenger

A
Jax awaited for an eager Jules to take him to his personal vessel and bring out the proper materials so he could guide the smuggler to make his own personal lightsaber, but he was approached to a questioning and confusing Jules. The man asked the Jedi if constructing a lightsaber was only accessible to Jedi Knights, and then held out his hand that contained a stone in the palm. Jax then saw the sudden change of Jules' face expression which was a look of deep concentration. The deceased Jedi could only shook his head before replying to the smuggler. "That concentration won't do you any good, Jules. It will only digest your energy before you go in a state of drowsiness," Jax said so the man wouldn't try that tactic in the future. "Constructing a lightsaber isn't only presented to the Jedi. Look at the Sith, they have the power to create their own lightsaber in their own image; look at the rogue force users, they also have access to make a lightsaber," he took a small moment before returning back to his speech, "Those who are gifted with the Force are the only ones that can do such things that are impossible for others; a gift that you have, Jules." Jax gave out all the puzzle pieces for Jules to connect which was an easy thing to piece together, thanks to all the hints the ghost told to the smuggler.

[member="Jules Crux"]

Ronan Nakasla

R
"The Force?" Jules echoed again. His interest was piqued.

He started back toward the Lorsan Tekka, somehow figuring that the Jedi would come along with him. There was a level of excitement there, in the possibility that he could do what they could. His mind raced with possibility and what-ifs. Where could he learn? Who would train him? Could he even be trained? When he ran into a tree, he realised that he should pay attention to the task at hand. He looked behind him.

"You're still there, right?" he nodded to himself, then hopped through the town gates, hung a right, and trotted the short distance to the starport. It took a minute at most to reach his ship, collect his treasures, and set them out on a burlap roll-out pouch he kept them all in. There, a lava crystal, kyber crystal, and a Sith lightsaber containing a lignan crystal were arranged neatly.

"So you got me here, and got my interest, how do I start?"

[member="Ezra Denko"]

Arjant Clevenger

A
He didn't answered Jules' question with words, but with just a nod. After answering his questions they began to walk in the direction where Jules' ship was stationed. He followed his trails, leaving no trace of his existence in the realm of the living. He noticed the man bumped into a tree and was thankful that the man didn't go in a state of unconsciousness. "I'm not going anywhere, Jules," he said to the smuggler. He would be gone when he was done helping Jules to construct his lightsaber and would, maybe, appear in a near future to help the man with a problem of his. After a minute of walking on the sandy beach of Etti IV they reached Jules' personal freighter and entered the interior of the vessel. He sat down at a table and saw the Force Sensitive walk to him with the proper materials to make this new lightsaber for Jules. Three crystals, one being trapped in a Sith lightsaber that Jules managed to obtained.

Before they began the smuggler approached him a question regarding of how to start off the procedure. "A common and excellent question that many younglings asked me when I was alive; a question that I also asked my mentor. Now, the best way to start off is to imagine your saber in your mind. Picture it, and once you do tell me what you see. You can't start off something without a design."

[member="Jules Crux"]

Ronan Nakasla

R
"Alright..." Jules replied. It was glaringly obvious that he was unsure of himself, but he closed his eyes and tried.

He closed his eyes. At first, he still saw the ghostly shadows of the physical world. Those little traces that are always there when you close your eyes; the memory of what you just saw. Once that image faded away, the blackness of his eyelids was all he could see. His mind began to click around, spinning its wheels in a loss of direction. He had a goal, though, and needed only to realise it. He took a deep breath to pull his thoughts together.

"Lightsaber," he told himself, "Think Lightsaber."

Slowly, the images came together. They were dim at first; mere conjurations of the imagination. A metal cylinder, smooth and shined. It was the basest form, the rudimentary shape. He realised that he was creating a saber based on what he had seen, not what he could make. He wiped away the thoughts like one would clean off a chalkboard and started again. The images returned; but this time they were different. First a metal cylinder came to be again, but this one was not shined or polished. It was worn, made of spare parts and components from the Sith lightsaber. A leather grip wrapped itself around that metal pipe. At the top he first imagined a single blade like lightsabers he had seen; but that image changed by a strange feeling that gently penetrated his thoughts. Two side tubes appeared flanking the main shaft, creating a cross shape. Crux took to apply that image to memory, commit it into his mind for reference, then he rolled his shoulders and opened his eyes again. It took a moment to regain his bearings after that, but once his eyes met the Ghost Jedi's, he nodded.

"I think I got it."

[member="Ezra Denko"]

Arjant Clevenger

A
The ghost waited and waited until the smuggler opened his eyes with an answer of what he saw through the complexity of his brain. Jax remembered the time he constructed his own lightsaber. It was quite the honor of making a beautiful masterpiece that denied all laws of physics and thermodynamics which was priceless and valuable when finding one and selling it to the market. Such a civilized weapon, but powerful and dangerous to wield. One who doesn't have the appropriate knowledge of wielding a lightsaber wouldn't just put those around them in peril, but the wielder itself as well. It only takes one swing to cut off a limb or damage an important, vital organ. After some time he saw Jules open his eyes which could result with a success at imagining his lightsaber, or a failure at having a vivid imagination.

But he was responded with a successful answer before he could ask his question. He sagely nodded at the smuggler and proceeded to asking him the question he had. "What did you see?"

[member="Jules Crux"]

Ronan Nakasla

R
"It was tarnished, made from the parts I have," he explained as best he could, "And it had three things where the blade comes out instead of one." he frowned.

Jules was sure those were called something else. In fact, he was certain that there was a whole catalogue of lightsaber part names that he was ignorant of. Maybe in doing this, he would learn all of that.

"I know what it looked like, I have the image in my mind... but that's all I have right now. A vision and some parts... and I don't know if I have enough parts. Could they be made from some of the junk around my ship?"

[member="Ezra Denko"]

Arjant Clevenger

A
He listened patiently, both ears were at Jules' attention as Jax also tried to imagine the lightsaber that appeared in Jules' mind. As usual, it had the shape of a cylinder with all the metal components being connected to one another which trapped the crystal; however, the one thing that made it unlike than the norm lightsaber was the crossguards on the weapon. Very unorthodox, but not insignificantly pathetic. After listening to the smuggler the ghost began to speak, once again.

"Those things that you saw were crossguards. Not many choose to have those components on their saber since it restricts them from forms such as Ataru. It's like you are wielding a sword, to give you a simpler idea of how to wield it. And as long as you have a grasp of that image of your saber then you don't have to give me specific details of it," he stopped and look around the interior of Jules' ship seeing if there could be any pieces to make the lightsaber. "Well, we do have more than half of the pieces because of the Sith lightsaber you managed to obtain, but I am sure we can use some junk or spare parts here on your ship to build your lightsaber. But right now, I want you to pull out the primary crystal of your soon-to-be-lightsaber and begin meditating on it. Once you have, then we will move on to constructing the hilt of it."

[member="Jules Crux"]

Ronan Nakasla

R
Jules listened intently. In fact, this was likely the one time he set his mind to one specific task since he learnt to fly. Space was his passion, but in these moments of touching lightly upon the Force, he felt a newly kindled passion. It was soft, subtle, and new. Warm, welcoming, but with enough danger associated that it gave him a thrill to think about. These feelings peppered along his skin while he followed the instruction of this Jedi. He folded his legs so he sat cross-legged in front of the mat of crystals and lightsaber that he found. Instinctively, he held out his hand toward the roll. Crux slowed his mind yet again and focused intently on the now. On where he was; on what he was doing. Energy thrummed from each crystal.

From the left, the Sith lightsaber swirled with power, with fear and anger, with raw emotion begging to be set loose. It wanted to kill; it wanted to taste blood. Jules frowned slightly at that. He had his hate, he had his trauma, and he loved to 'kill' droids, but such a thing wasn't right to him. It did not control his existence.

From the right, the crystal that resembled a cross-sectioned geode was mystic and wild. It was loose and unstable, flighty and unsure in feeling. It was a creation of chaos formed to order through some event Jules could not comprehend. It did not feel to him like a core. It felt like something that needed stability to function, and it holding sway over a tool that would be very personal was not what he wanted.

Finally, from the centre, the Kyber crystal from Lothal faintly glowed again. It was not until Jules realised that his eyes were closed that the light made him wonder. He took a slow breath and, much like on Lothal, the crystal's glow intensified and the object rose up from the roll to hover beneath his palm. It felt gentle and warm, yet strong and powerful. It was sure of itself, confident in its abilities, but not eager to abuse that power to sate its cravings. As he began to understand the crystal he began to feel like the crystal was understanding him. In his mind, words came and he spoke them without realising he was doing so.

"The Force is a tool and ally,"
"Through it I may understand the universe,"

"And through understanding the universe I will understand myself."

"I will not fear the dark,"
"Nor will I fear the light,"
"Both are parts of a whole,"
"And both keep the universe right."

"The Force is my tool and my ally."

His quiet chant went on in this manner of inner balance and understanding for a few minutes. The words flowed through him, through the crystal, and as he spoke the crystal thrummed its own inner light, until the clear gem transitioned to become bright yellow, with flecks of gold. As his words slowed to a stop, his eyes fluttered open. He rotated his hand around the crystal, and the little thing came to rest in his hand. It felt warm, and it felt like a friend. He looked up at the Jedi Ghost, speechless to what just happened.

[member="Ezra Denko"]

Arjant Clevenger

A
There was some hesitation coming from the smuggler as he began to choose the crystal core for his lightsaber. There were apparently three crystals that the man managed to acquire. One of very dark raw emotions of hate and anger was being produced from the Sith lightsaber; the one of the right had no emotions, but it was loosely unstable as chaos was coming from the crystal; but the one in the center comprehended Jules and called out to him. They were like two minds of the same kind with same personality, and all of a sudden Jules, involuntarily, closed his eyes and began a chant that he would repeat several times. Those words did not belong to the Jedi Code or the Sith Code, for they seemed to belong to a neutral order that acknowledged the powers of both the Dark and the Light. As the chant went on the Kyber Crystal began to glow and glow, illuminating the walls of the Lorsan Tekka with a yellow color emerging from the crystal. It was being purified by every second from Jules' meditation and concentration.

Once the first step of this complex procedure was completed Jules looked at Jax with an amazed face, with his mouth opened. He was speechless and it was normal for one to be like that when they did something that science couldn't achieve. Breaking the silence the Jedi Ghost opened his mouth and said, "You've completed the first step of this construction, Jules. You have successfully purified the crystal from all molecular instabilities, making it suitable as the core of your saber. Now comes the tricky part: assembling it. Many have a difficult time assembling, but it will take a few minutes of your time. The only thing I warn you not to do is to rush it. If one piece is in the wrong place, then you'll find your weapon exploding and causing harm to you and those around you. So be slow and steady."

[member="Jules Crux"]

Ronan Nakasla

R
Jules nodded slowly. In his mind, he was turning the lightsaber and going over the design. With this all in mind, he began to scavenge this cargo hold for parts he could use. First, he let his new instincts guide him to dismantle the Sith lightsaber. It did not like that, and the energy coming off of it was that of protest. It was merely a piece of technology, however, and could simply be deconstructed. With a screwdriver and some physical persuasion, the device came apart without damaging too much. Now, with the pieces laid out before him, Jules picked up and examined each one carefully. He laid them all out as he had pulled them apart, to where it appeared that it could all just slide back together. He picked up an upper cylindrical piece that, in his mind, needed more holes. He picked it up and searched his compartments and tools for his cutting torch and metalworking machines. Everything was small and handheld, and made for tinker projects. He felt like his actions were beyond his own. Like he was being silently told what to do and how to do it. Once that piece was machined according to his vision, he replicated the parts that made up what he decided he would call an Emitter. The young man made two of them, and set them out where they should attach. As a couple of finishing touches, he grabbed some spacer's leather and a wire brush with oil.

After he felt that he had managed to create the components, he sat in front of the mat again and looked over it all. When he pried apart the lightsaber he found, there were no screws, no brackets, it was all just somehow fused together. He lifted out the blood-red crystal and placed his yellow one where it was in the assembly; and then whispers touched his mind from both the lava and lignan crystals. His head tilted and he picked them both up. With one enclosed in each hand, he closed his eyes again and focused on what they were both trying to tell him. In his mind's eye, he saw two crystalline discs. One was red, the other the varying hues of the lava crystal. He wondered at that and as he concentrated on that image, he could feel the Force-attuned crystals changing to fit this image. It was as though the crystals themselves knew where they could be placed, and made themselves in the image of their purpose using Crux as a conduit. His eyes popped back open and with a thoughtful hum he set the two lenses along the position he felt they would sit. A voiceless thought told him that it was all here.

He stared at the pieces of a whole for awhile. It felt like hours. It just might have actually been hours, too. The skeleton of a weapon lie before Jules, and he searched his feelings for an answer to how he could build something with no tools. Then it made sense to him that there was only one way that he could build something without using his hands. He took a deep breath to turn his attention from the mundane to the spiritual. He let the Force guide his actions like he did with the crystal. Slowly, the parts, components, materials, and the whole assembly rose up into the air perhaps an inch. There, the parts rotated and glued themselves together in ways that Crux could only vaguely understand or comprehend. If someone asked how he did it, he would merely shrug. The wires found their ways to the right places, the casing enclosed around the assembly, and at its core the lightsaber's crystals nestled themselves into position. This part felt especially delicate to him, so he concentrated more until he could practically see the crystals in their chambers. He imagined a beam of light passing through them, and spent more hours tuning their alignment. It felt like he was only seeing pictures in his mind; but somehow he knew he was controlling the internal components of the saber. Finally, he felt that he got the alignment correct. as his eyes blinked open, something told him that the pieces had all sealed together. He stood, and the lightsaber found his hand like a magnet. He wrapped the leather around the handle and pressed it onto the metal where it bound by adhesive. Then he took the wire brush and oil and worked it into the metal, removing much of the black finish and giving it a weathered look like a well-used tool. With a rag, he wiped off the excess oil and then held the weapon out. It was heavier than he thought it would be. It was time.

Snap-hiss-thrrruuuumm went the blade, then a heartbeat later the two side blades sparked to life as well. The bright yellow energy it emitted was not smooth like a conventional lightsaber. Instead, it crackled and sparked with energy; and its sound was volatile. Whether it was the crystals interacting, the salvaged nature of this lightsaber, or perhaps all of the above. This was a style not seen for a very long time.

"Wow..."

[member="Ezra Denko"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom