Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Forging New Paths

New_Project_6.gif

N A B O O

Tag: Alessandra Creed Alessandra Creed | Faye Malvern Faye Malvern

Bastille Rommer was on Naboo again, but this time not to celebrate a little coronation. No, Bastille was actually about something in the Confederacy's new Capital; a first of many for the Kemotar of Ra'Katha. He traditionally preferred to keep all of his work and business on his homeworld -- he'd only ventured to Geonosis for the occasional important Viceroyalty meeting -- and unlike Geonosis, Naboo was a much more stark contrast to Ra'Katha.

Whereas Ra'Katha was quickly leaving its archaic ways induced by its centuries of isolation and once more becoming industrialized, the only heavy industry Naboo had ever seen had been a couple of small plasma mines. No, it was a temperate planet of artisans and craftsman; it's extravagant art and beautiful cities were a representation of that. Yet for all it lacked in economic relevance, it still had been chosen to be the new Capital of the Confederacy, and that alone made it stand up higher in everyone's eyes.

Everyone's eyes, that is, except for Bastille.

All his life he had labored to restore Ra'Katha's former glory, it's wealth from a vast trading empire, it's spot at the center of Wild Space. That had been lost in the four-hundred-year darkness, and now it was an uphill battle to take what was rightfully Ra'Kathas -- what was rightfully his. Bastille had promised himself that he would live to see Ra'Katha become the center of trade and prosperity once more, and his recent collaboration with the industrial Fondor-based company had been to those ends. Their director -- what was his name? -- Alban Roble, had charmed Bastille when they had first met. He had seen a similar hunger for power, and he'd seen the image of a man who was smarter than most. Their industrial alliance was sure to bring about the economic revolution that Bastille hoped for.

But, there was one matter that Bastille still hoped to attend to. Currently, the Ra'Katha-Roble project was extending into neutral territory, controlled not by the Confederacy nor any other intragalactic government. Despite that, Ra'Katha was still a member world of the Confederacy, even if currently it was a more insignificant one. Bastille hoped that he would be able to enlargen this project to change that; Ra'Katha would not only become a trade hub in Wild Space but for the entire Confederacy.

To do that, however, he needed another alliance. Someone who held the power to move the static and indecisive body of the Viceroyalty. Someone who had an ear in with the Exarchs, with the Vicelord himself. Like it or not, he needed the Minister of Commerce, Alessandra Malvern, to be on his side.

A cool breeze wafted through the administrative complex as Bastille walked through it, flanked by two of his Kemotat Guards. He had informed the Ministry of his visit en route from Ra'Katha, and the tall Kemotar approached the Ministry, his golden-yellow tunic draping loosely off of his lithe form. He had informed the Ministry of his visit en route, giving them little time to prepare, so he didn't expect any sort of greeting party.

Although, surprises here and there were always a welcome treat.

Last edited:
wrappingpaper.png

Tags: Bastille Rommer Bastille Rommer & Faye Malvern Faye Malvern

Alessandra couldn’t put her finger on it. She stood within the newly erected offices that had been built and often her eyes lingered toward the transparisteel window. The raven-haired woman couldn’t quite put her finger on it. Perhaps, it was the heat. She missed the arid air that kissed everything it touched without remorse. This move had left her out of sorts. She didn’t know this world. Didn’t know the people. The market was different from this vantage point—And it was equally far from Illyria.

A selfish thought wiggled in the back of her mind. Should she have submitted Illyria as a potential option to become the new Capital of the Confederacy? Overall, her gut denied it. They had only just managed to stabilize the citizenry. The upset, and it would be, of some galactic power suddenly claiming their sovereignty? Usurping it? It would have destroyed all of the progress they’d made. The CIS was too reliant on technology whilst Illyria still lived in an age of paperback books and inkwells.

It would have destroyed the culture they were so proud of.

Still. Having their Kingdom and the CIS be one and the same? It would have made things a lot easier. It was selfish to think about it. Selfish to want it. For that reason, among others, it would never leave the sanctity of her head. Naboo was the new home of the Confederacy. Naboo. With lush green grass and beautiful lakes and perfect sunshine. She hated it, almost. Where was the orange-tinted sky?

Where was the metropolis they had built from the sands? The iridescent shimmer of the domes?

Alessandra sighed heavily as she tore chocolate eyes from the window and let them fall to her guest. Faye Malvern Faye Malvern was seated in the modern furniture that the Minister of Commerce had chosen for her office space. It wasn’t the stark, plain, monochromatic décor that she had seen Srina Talon Srina Talon turn to but it was a far cry from what she had become accustomed to on Illyria. That was the difference. Here? She was a Minister. Illyria? A Queen. Both, servants of the people. Simply…Very different venues.

“I’m sorry Faye…My mind keeps drifting. I keep expecting to see Geonosis outside the window.”

She moved to her office desk and lifted up a box of carefully crafted cookies that had been delivered from one of the local patisseries. They were a soft lavender shade with a light cream in the center. They tasted reminiscent of lavender. Not too sweet, but, not too much like perfume. It was strange…But, leave it to Naboo. “They’ve been sending me boxes of sweets every morning since we arrived. They’re delectable but if I keep eating them alone Adron will think I’m with child again and we can’t have that now can we...”

She was joking. Mostly. The fact that her dearest King wanted another child was of no secret. Alessandra set them down on the small coffee table between them. There was an empty teacup awaiting a third person, though, she was in no rush. She enjoyed catching up with her sister-in-law. It was for both personal and practical reasons that she had asked Faye to come while she met with the Viceroy of Ra’Katha. He was traveling a long way. A long, long way.

This meant that there was something he desired.

If he was reaching out toward her it meant that he needed something within her wheelhouse. Faye handled the Influence side of things. Perception. How will things be seen by others? From within the Confederacy and outside of it? That was her arena. Alessandra simply ensured that funds were allocated where they needed to be and that trade remained fruitful. Especially, on the heels of Confederacy First. Perception was never more important than it was now.

“How are things with Alden?”, she questioned, reaching out, to pour the young woman another cup of tea. Alessandra settled back down to the left of Faye and leaned back. It was obvious that playing the part of a Queen had changed her habits. Rather than to cross her legs in the typical fashion she actually just tucked her legs off to one side and slid one ankle beneath the other. The
fashion was much more her own, however. It wouldn’t be long before Bastille Rommer Bastille Rommer arrived.

When he did her assistants would hold his guard at the front offices. There was no need for them to travel this far into the sanctity that was the Ministry of Commerce. He would be allowed to pass, since the meeting was pre-arranged, but the surrender of weaponry was also custom. They could never be too careful. When the buzz came through on her comm she cast Faye a meaningful look.

It was just about time.

“Send him in.”

W E A R I N G | [x]
T A G S | Alessandra Creed Alessandra Creed - Bastille Rommer Bastille Rommer

For most people, the definition of home was a permanent residence. A place where one could find their loved ones and spend time with them in the comfort and safety of familiar ground. It was the most basic of definitions, but one that could be applied to anyone who considered somewhere home. Be it a palace or a cardboard box. That was why, as she watched the glistening yellow glow of the sun creep across the sky, Faye could image that many people felt… out of place on Naboo.
True, the landscape was beautiful. Some may have even considered it an upgrade from the monotonous acrid orange of Geonosis. The weather could have even been considered an upgrade too, Naboo being host to a much more favourable temperament than their previous desert capital, but it wasn’t familiar. It wasn’t the planet the Confederacy had cemented its greatness on.
It wasn’t home.
Faye considered it so even less. Geonosis hadn’t been home either, and though she loved them both dearly in their own way, neither was Eaittu VI, nor llyria. Home, for Faye, would be forever out of her reach. Swallowed whole by a darkness that even her brother had been unable to defeat. Serenno was lost. Faye had accepted that a long time ago, but nothing would ever hold a candle to it. Nothing had even come close.
The sigh from her companion dragged her from her reverie, followed by words that mirrored the thoughts swirling in Faye’s mind. “I know what you mean. I never thought I would favour orange over green, but here we are.” Faye turned her eyes on Alessandra, displaying a smile that was filled with both amusement and subtle sorrow. The sharp tap of her sister-in-law’s heels against the carpeted floor prompted Faye to follow her with her eyes. Another amused smile formed on her lips, but this time it was chased up with a burst of tinkling laughter. “Ale, please.” The laughter continued. “I know he seems shallow and set in his ways, but Adron would love you regardless.” Much like Ale, Faye was mostly joking. Adron was egotistical and shallow. Some may have even considered him cruel.
Faye and Alessandra were the only to that could claim they knew the true King of Illyria. The kind, sympathetic, doting King.
Sweeping up the refreshed cup of tea, Faye wrapped her fingers around it eagerly. Enough to feel the blistering heat seeping through the patterned china. “He’s very well, thank you. He’s taken up a job as the deputy minister of war, so we spend more time together now.” Faye paused briefly to smile. “I still haven’t managed to find the time to plan the wedding, but I feel as though the Confederacy is drowning in chaos at the moment. A wedding would feel somewhat out of place, at least right now.” Taking the first sip of tea, Faye let out a sigh, as though the boiling liquid were too hot for consumption. But one only needed to glance at her to know there was something more behind it. “Truthfully, I’ve been thinkin-…”
The buzz of the comm interrupted her mid-speech. Never mind. Catching up could wait. The reason for their meeting today had finally arrived. Bastille Rommer. Monarch in his own right. Perhaps that was why he had shrouded the reasons for his visit in mystery. Still, whatever his reasons, they must have been important enough to warrant a face to face meeting with Alessandra. Faye was eager to meet him.

New_Project_6.gif

N A B O O

Tag: Alessandra Creed Alessandra Creed | Faye Malvern Faye Malvern

As Bastille was shown into the office of the Minister of Commerce, he was surprised to see not one, but two women sitting before him; the Minister of Commerce, Alessandra Malvern, sitting behind her austere desk, and on the other side of her was the Minister of Influence, Faye Malvern. Sisters in law, members of the powerful Malvern dynasty that seemed to extend far beyond the borders of Illyria. Granted, Bastille did not know much about the system nor its people, but it was undeniable that being Malvern meant access to privilege not given to most others in the Confederacy.

For all of his surprise, Bastille hid it well, bowing low before the two Ministers. "Ministers," his voice rumbled lowly in its melting-honey Ra'Kathan accent, "I am honored and humbled that you accepted my request to meet with you today. Minister Alessandra, you are as luminous as ever. And I confess, Minister Faye, I did not expect to see you today as well, but the room is brightened merely by your presence," he offered with a smile as he straightened.

Indeed, he was surprised by Faye Malvern's presence. Even as the words left his lips, that part on his political instinct and natural savvy, his mind was shrewishly calculating why Alessandra had invited her sister-in-law to this meeting. As Minister of Influence, she was the chief diplomat under the Vicelord, and also managed the Confederacy's state media and intelligence. Yet this proposal had almost nothing to do with that sphere of influence, which meant that there was some ulterior motive.

Bastille remained standing; it would be rude to sit when his host had not invited him to, even though he had arranged this meeting himself. Etiquette had been something that the Kemotar of Ra'Katha had learned very early in his life, and he wasn't about to break it now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom