Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forged Through Fire

I awoke to the smell of burning corpses, and the sight of my crew dead around me. Their bodies mangled and positioned in sickening angles. The sight was maddening as I clutched onto my head. Looking down I saw I was kneeling over my friend Sven's body. The crew was like family to me. The crew had welcomed me with somewhat open arms. We had traveled to numerous planets together conducting business and peddling spice but I guess we had crossed our bounds. Someone had to have held a grudge because one day while in a catina we had found a bounty board with each of my crew and even myself on the list. I was stupid to have ignored it, I never actually thought anything would actually happen. I was a Force User how could something like this happen to me. I should've known what was coming, yet instead me and my crew were ambushed above the planet Tatooine. The accursed bounty hunters flooded us as soon as we were about to enter orbit.

We were at our weakest at that point and in just a few minutes that's how I ended up in the situation I was in. Reaching around I felt myself for any injuries but the worst I had was a minor head wound. Taking off my red shirt I tied it around the wound and my muscular upper body was exposed to the hot air that flowed through the holes in the ship.Tears stung my cheeks as I took one more look at my used to be crew. "I'm sorry that I couldn't save you, but I shall avenge you." I said solegmly as I gathered my two lightsabers and clipped each onto one side of my belt. I may not have been to proficient in using them but I was good enough. I exited the downed ship into the hot sun that beat down on my head instantly drawing sweat. that fell down my brow. My gray hair shaded my face from the sunlight but I could still feel it coming through like a curtain. Looking out in the distance I saw the ships had landed and their pilots were coming in my direction. From what I counted there were four Z-95 Headhunters and four people heading in my direction. Without a second thought I drew both my lightsabers and in what seemed like seconds I fell upon the four bounty hunters. Activating my purple blades I sliced through them effortlessly. At my feet lay four corpses but my anger was not yet quenched. Looking towards the three suns I screamed out in anger. Unknowingly I had embed it with the force and caused a wave of sand to echo away from me. "This is what the force calls fair! I followed Darren's teachings and this is what I'm given!?" I waited a few seconds before yelling once again. " Answer me!?"

@[member="Darth Zarrah"]

Since the fall of Korriban and most of systems that at one time made up the Sith Empire, Darth Zarrah had been planet jumping not staying in one place for to long. She was no coward, quite the opposite, she yearned for nothing more than a chance to drive her blades into each Jedi and Republic soldier that had tainted the surface of Korriban with their stench; but self-preservation was the Sith way, her way. The Sith would rebuild one day but it would not be this day. She had little to no contact with any other Sith, the numbers of the Order unknown to her. However, she knew she was not the last Sith in the galaxy. She had come across others in her travels and when this occurred, they exchanged what little information they had then parted company. One Sith could live under the radar easily, perhaps forever. However, multiple Sith would attract the unwanted attention of the Jedi and Republic. So when her ship's navigation program selected this planet as her next destination, she thought about swiping it out for a newer one the next time she found real civilization.

Standing on the edge of her ship's ramp looking at nothing but sand upon sand in every direction, she calculated in her mind how far she would need to travel to reach the small settlement she had flown over before landing. Self-preservation has many forms, such as landing away from settlements or cities rather inside them. Satisfied with her calculation, she pulled the hood of her cloak over head and the folds of it around her body, hiding both her lightsabers and protecting her from the searing sun. She began walking through the sand dunes toward the settlement, her datapad inside her robe with the coordinates to the settlement filed under 'just in case.'

Darth Zarrah halted her steps quickly when she heard the whirring sounds of flying machines drawing close to her area. Cupping her left hand over her eyes, she spied four ships roar over her head, then watched them as they began to make a gesture of landing in the distance. Bounty hunters? If that's who they were, they would not be here looking for her since nobody knew she was here, in fact, she didn't really know where she was. The planet had no designation in her nav computer, so as far as her computer was concerned, this planet didn't exist; except it found it on a random search of the star system. Besides, only the most greedy and slow witted bounty hunters would dare to collect a bounty on a Sith; especially if that Sith was a Sith Lady. However, her curiosity was peeked.

After reaching the top of one of the unlimited dunes in the region, she saw a fight taking place below. So she was right, they were bounty hunters. But who was this bounty they were trying to collect? He wielded lightsabers, yet, he was exhibiting anger and suffering, so he was no Jedi and he was no Sith. Perhaps he is a Dark Jedi or a simple Dark Sider, she thought to herself. When the battle was finished and the four bodies were laying on the sandy surface, she began walking down the slope of the dune toward this victor. She heard him speaking but what nonsense he was saying was unknown to her except he blamed the Force for not being fair. She laughed to herself at this. Of course the Force was not fair, she thought to herself.

She stopped a few yards from this figure, observing and studying him, his back to her and unaware of her presence.. When he yelled again, she answered him, "If you are seeking answers from the dead....you may be waiting a long time. If you are seeking answers from this forsaken desert....then you will be joining the dead before you find the answer you seek."

@[member="Kale Xeros"]

The images kept flashing through my head as I smelt burnt flesh from all directions. Not just from my current victims but also from my crew. Their faces empty of emotion and life forever stuck in my mind. It made me want to scream on the inside as I thought I could actually hear my mind being torn to shreds before a cold voice floated into my ears causing me to spin towards the person. What I saw was a figure cloaked and keeping their appearance from view, but I felt her presence in the force as though it was a star shining before me. The sheer power she held caused me to unintentionally take a step back. She was obviously out of my league whether I wanted to admit it or not. Deactivating my sabers I placed them on my hips and looked towards the mysterious person. My eyes still holding the wild look filled with pain and suffering that I had used when I murdered the bounty hunters. "I seak my answers not from this dessert or the dead but from the force. Though it has forsaken me, everyone I've known and cared for is gone. What have I left? MY master abandoned me, the closest thing I had to a family is gone. The force wishes this upon me though I've never attempted to break or bend it. IT's simply not fair why should I pay?! Huh?!" I yelled as I placed my hands on my head clutching onto it as all my memories after escaping Kessel bombarded my mind.

@[member="Darth Zarrah"]

@[member="Kale Xeros"]

Darth Zarrah let out a bellow of laughter at the response from this individual. The Force was a constant and evolving entity that very few understood or could unlock its mysteries. Many Sith, and Jedi, had died in their pursuit to discover the nature of the Force or to seek to put it in balance. The Force, for all its glory, was no more a friend to a wielder than she was to a Jedi. However, she had dominated the aspect of the Force that lived through her, commanding it rather than allowing herself to be enslaved by it. That was the difference between how a Jedi and how a Sith perceived the Force. The latter controlled it, using it for one's own advantages; while the former sought to be a puppet, allowing the Force to use them for its own means. Foolish Jedi.

"The Force does not forsake anyone, stranger. It simply tests and retests you until the day you draw your last breath. The Force is no killer and it has not taken anyone or anything from you...it simply shows you your loss in a different aspect. Fate...greed...lust are such items that will strip you bare leaving you to burn in whatever hellish existence it deems worthy for you."

Pulling back her hood to reveal herself to this stranger, she eyes the dead once more calculating the nature of such hatred that would lead to such a slaughter. Her cold gaze rips from the corpses of the hunters, settling back on the figure.

"What you have left is what you make for yourself. Self-pity is a far worse crime than murder...and it shows weakness. As for your Master....there could be several explanations for his or her departure. One such argument could be made that they were weak themselves and feared the Force....or the Dark Side. The path of the Dark Side is both dangerous and filled with fear...but one must learn to conqueror both to walk hand-in-hand with it. Another argument is perhaps they were nothing more than a false teacher...or prophet who once again feared that one day you would see their lies, finding half truths and false words in their teachings. And if you made such a discover, what would you do? Kill them? Correct them? Or allow yourself to he corrupted by ignorance?"

Taking a step toward the figure before her, a haunting smile creeps on her face as her eyes flicker with the dark passion of the Dark Side. "You are allowing your emotions to manipulate you. To place doubt in your mind. To place blame where there is none in regards to yourself. You can blame your former Master...perhaps one day seek vengeance for his or her betrayal....or learn how to control the Force. And yes....in order to do so you will need to bend it to your will, to break it down so you are the Master and it is your slave. And that is what you are...a slave to the Force....for now"

Stopping a foot in front of him, she extends her arms out. "I can teach you all that you need to understand. I can teach you to control the Force so that it never abandons you. I can teach you how to fill that void in your soul. I can teach you the nature of the Dark Side...to shed these feelings of loss and abandonment. I can teach you that you have a purpose. I can teach you that you are more than the sum of how you perceive yourself. All you have to do is embrace the Dark Side....and let yourself fall completely and absolutely. And most importantly....you must give yourself to me without doubt to my teachings. Do this.....and I will show and instruct you on things that haunt the simple minded....and in time....give you what you crave....a family glorified in power!"

Looking at the Togruta as she spoke I locked eyes with her looking deep into those empty eyes. I had no clue what I saw in them and I wasn't to sure I wanted to know. She was talking of the Force testing me, but what was the point of these tests? Was the force trying to break me down instead? Was it trying to turn me into the slave? Why didn't Darren ever warn me of such a thing? I thought as the echani's face appeared in my mind and burned brightly as anger began to sear my chest. He had told me to give myself to the force and it would guide me. Never was anything spoken of me having to go through trials or tests where it tried to break me. Darren lied! All that talk of the force always being in motion and correcting itself was nothing but lies. If it wasn't my crew would've survived.

WHen the Togruta began to approach spewing on and on about the force I slowly started to believe her. What did I really have left besides my buissness? Nothing. It was all a waste I should just give up and let the desert take me. However the Togruta offered me something that gave me hope and that was a bright light amongst my world of eternal darkness. I saw the Togruta in a new light. Falling to my knees before her I placed my right fist over my chest and bowed to the Togruta. "Please teach me the true ways of the force. HElp me learn to bend and break it till it is nothing but a beast of burden. Please become my..." The next word caught in my throat for a few seconds as I looked up into the womens eyes. I was about to become the one thing my past master hated about his life. The one thing he begged me not to become. But something had to give sooner or later. "Please become my master. I give myself over to your teachings." I said before I truly realized it however I meant every word.

@[member="Darth Zarrah"]

@[member="Kale Xeros"]

Darth Zarrah watched as the stranger fell to his knees, placing a hand to his chest, a gesture she had seen many times before but a gesture she preached as weakness. However, actions nor punishment would be forthcoming. This figure had suffered enough up to this pointe and would suffer more during her teachings and lessons. But when he pledged himself to her, her lips curled in a mixture of pleasure and satisfaction. He was now hers!

"Do not simply speak the words....but mean them....live them...and remember them because by the time you are no longer teachable....you will have grown to hate me. And hate me you shall. Now," the Sith Lady says motioning for her new Apprentice to rise to his feet, "to begin with, never bow to me or anyone. The simple gesture of respect is nothing but weakness in my eyes...and you are not weak, are you? Or have I done something unknowingly to be worthy of your respect?"

Without waiting for a response, she spun around, pulled her hood over the top of her montails and began walking toward the settlement that rested just over the horizon to the east. When her Apprentice finally fell in step with her, she said, "You will refer to me as Master until the time you have learned from me all that you can and on that final day you will no longer be my Apprentice ...or you die during my teachings or from unknown forces...or whatever comes first. I am known as Darth Zarrah, Sith Lady and Sith Witch. That is all you need to know about me...for now."

Cocking her head toward the figure walking with her, she added, "And what is your name, Apprentice. Better yet...tell me about yourself and what you know about the Force and the nature of the Dark Side....from your pointe of view."

She turned her attention back to the sandy dunes and their apparent destination. This planet, so far away from the watchful eyes of the Jedi and the Republic, would serve as the foundation for her newly acquired Apprentice's training. Harsh climates, harsh environments, harsh predators, and the harsh mentality of settlers, raiders, pirates, and even bounty hunters will lend their support, willingly or unwillingly, to strengthening her Apprentice's power; both in the Force and within himself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom