Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Forge of Khemost

Blinking, Percival casually tossed the holocron at her. He’d be lying if he said he wasn’t vaguely amused with her enthusiasm.

As she opened the device and began scanning its contents, the holocron’s gatekeeper appeared as a blue hologram. The gatekeeper was an alien, and looked like a squat little raptor.

“Hey! What gives?” it demanded. “Who the hell are you?”

Slightly Paranoid Apprentice
“IT’S ALIVE!!!”

She shouted, recoiling back at the little raptor man that appeared. She kept her grip on the holocron though. She was not going to drop it. Needed that stuff badly. She calmed down enough to lean in and tilt her head at the little gatekeeper, and finally answered its question

“My name is Draco Miles… what is yours, little blue man?”

The raptor peered at her, black eyes squinting. “I’m Darth Revan.”

Really?” Percival asked.

“No, you dumb fuck. I am Gaius Nautilus Hieronymous Janus the Magus.” Ruffling his tail feathers, he added, “You morons better have woken me up for a very good reason, or I’m gonna make you wish you had never been born.”

Percival gestured to Draco. “She woke you up. She wants knowledge.

“Every jackass who calls themself a Sith wants knowledge, so that’s nothing new. Alright, what do you wanna know?”

Draco was impressed by funny little holocron man! Gaius Nautilus Hieronymous Janus the Magus… what a very long and unique name! Draco would settle for calling him Janus the Magus

“I… wish to learn more about you, Janus. I have not seen a holocron speak back like you have. What are you?”

She tried to touch him, hovering a finger over his head to try and brush the feathers that were most likely atop it. Perhaps she could keep him? Call him a pet even

“I’m the Gatekeeper!” Janus the Magus roared. “You mean to tell me you went looking for a holocron, and you don’t even know what a Gatekeeper is?!”

Percival accessed his databanks and recited the definition: “A Gatekeeper is the artificial personality which grants access to the information contained on a holocron. Often based on the personality of the holocron’s creator, the Gatekeeper could choose who would receive the holocron’s contents, as well as defend them from those it deemed unworthy.

“Yeah, what the goofy-looking prick said.” Janus the Magus moved away from Draco’s hand as she tried to pet his holographic feathers. “And if you don’t quit it, I’m not showing you shit! You think I’m some kind of animal that you can pet? What am I, a fucking bunny to you? A pet rabbit, huh? HUH?!”

I believe he will require a test as proof of your worthiness, Draco,” Percival commented. “It would be unwise to anger him, if you do intend to learn this holocron’s secrets.

“A test? A test!” Janus the Magus tapped his chin. “Hang on, I gotta think about this. Uh… get my forge up and running again, looking all shiny and spiffy and nice, yeah, and then I’ll unveil my secrets.”

Seems easy enough,” Percival remarked.

“Well, y’know, I don’t really give a shit. I just wanna get back to working again,” Janus the Magus said with a shrug.

“…”

She put her hand over the holocron as she moved to Percival Io Percival Io and whispered in his ear, thinking the holocron couldn’t hear her if it was covered.

“how are we supposed to get the thousand year old forge running right now…? Isn’t it kind of beyond repairs right now?”

She seemed slightly worried, and she was hoping to just… talk to the guy… I guess she could use him to help put it back Together. She took her hand off the holocron

“Can yuh give us a hand fixing it and making sure everything is correct?”

If the answer was yes, all was fine and dandy! If it was no… well, fuck. Might be harder than thought before.

I have faith in House Io’s ability to repair the forge,” Percival replied. “But you are correct—it will take some time. Days, weeks, months even.” He of course didn’t mind waiting, but Draco seemed much more impatient than him.

I can hear you whispering, shitheads!” Janus the Magus bellowed. As Draco took her hand off the holocron and asked for his help, he nodded vigorously. “Yeah, yeah, I’ll help you. Just fix the place up, is all I ask! I can’t even pick up a dustpan!” He wiggled his short, stubby little holographic claws.

It will be done, Magus,” Percival replied, bowing his head. “House Io will need time to deliver, but the forge will be restored according to your instructions.

“Fan-fucking-tastic. Well, what are you standing around for? Get to work!”

“Well… we ain’t exactly got the equipment right now, Y’see? We didn’t exactly crack open this place knowing exactly what was inside and how to restore it. These things take time. Y’know what doesn’t take time? You giving us a hand and giving a detailed list in what needs fixing and shining. And you could tell me a little about the different enchantments that can be put on lightsabers”

(Of course this doesn’t have to be detailed, just say ‘Janus tells her about lightsaber enchanting’ so that you don’t have to type for 7 hours)

Janus the Magus cackled.

“Uh-uh, sis! You can’t pull a fast one on me like that! You’re gonna clean up this fucking forge first, and then I’ll give you the Idiot’s Guide to Sword Enchantment.”

So they restored the forge to its former glory. The whole process took less time than they feared, but more than they would’ve preferred. At last, the day arrived where everything was in its proper place. Janus the Magus stood gazing upon the project he had overseen, each meticulous detail replicated no matter how difficult or expensive, all to satisfy the whims of a long-dead imprint of the forgemaster.

“Ah,” he sighed in satisfaction. “Now that’s more like it!” Turning to Draco, Janus grinned. “Alright you scaly skank, it’s time to learn how to enchant some shit. Literally, if you wanted to, you could enchant your shit… dunno why you’d want to, but you could, and here’s how!”

Thus did Janus the Magus teach Draco Miles how to enchant weapons, which took an even longer amount of time than it did to restore the forge. Percival, being unable to use the Force, was not involved in these events, but he did get to see the results…

Draco by then had become a little impatient, but made sure every word of what he said was committed to memory, and she’d apply this to when she made her saber. This also gave her time to learn how to dispel traps from the Sith Twi’Lek

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom