Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Forceometrics

Status
Not open for further replies.
[SIZE=11pt]OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION[/SIZE]

• Intent: To create a biometrics system for Force users. Consolidates various biometrics systems.

• Image Source: Uhh… I don’t think they make pics for Forceometrics

• Canon Link: None

• Restricted Missions: Nope

• Primary Source: Thaissen crystal

[SIZE=11pt]PRODUCTION INFORMATION[/SIZE]

• Manufacturer: Mecrosa Order

• Model: Forceometrics Mark I

• Affiliation: Mecrosa Order, and this is one of the more common products of the Mecrosa Order to be found outside of one of their lightfoils. The Tapani Federation uses it as a security system, and it is one of the export items for the Mecrosa Order; though difficult to get ahold of, some might be able to find it through missions and bounties, or by contacting a member of the Order and arranging some kind of trade.

• Modularity: No

• Production: Limited

• Material: Complex electronics components

[SIZE=11pt]SPECIAL FEATURES[/SIZE]

• Force Identifier - The system is capable of identifying Force users

• Combined Biometrics - Multiple biometrics can be used to identify a specific user. DNA, finger and palm prints, as well as one’s neural signature (detected through nerve impulses, which are even delivered by those fancy prosthetics everyone seems to enjoy) create a nigh foolproof biometrics system. The system detects whether or not a subject is living, dead, and also can be turned off over long distances to prevent activation under any circumstances if a saber is lost (it may be reactivated at any time).

[SIZE=11pt]Strengths:[/SIZE]

• Force Identifier - The system is capable of identifying Force users

• Combined Biometrics - Multiple biometrics can be used to identify a specific user. DNA, finger and palm prints, as well as one’s neural signature (detected through nerve impulses, which are even delivered by those fancy prosthetics everyone seems to enjoy) create a nigh foolproof biometrics system. The system detects whether or not a subject is living, dead, and also can be turned off over long distances to prevent activation under any circumstances if a saber is lost (it may be reactivated at any time).

[SIZE=11pt]Weaknesses:[/SIZE]

• Power draining - Forceometrics are a power-heavy system, with power requirements only growing with larger systems. In a lightsaber, this leads to the Forceometrics requiring modifications to the energetic components of the lightsaber. In larger systems, this drain is rather noticeable unless one is on-board something like a starship, or in a place with a similarly powerful power generation system.

[SIZE=11pt]DESCRIPTION[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Forceometrics - horrible name, good product - are essentially a new biometric scanning system that is capable of identifying individuals with such a high level of accuracy that the inaccuracy is completely irrelevant in practice. Though it drains the power from lightsabers, placing a heftier than usual power requirement on them, it is notable for its efficiency and accuracy.[/SIZE]

Ivlyn Mecetti said:
Individual Force User Identification - Similar in concept to the Force activated lightsaber, Forceometrics is a horrible name for a kind of “biometrics” based around the Force. It is a lightsaber modification that allows the saber to respond only to the force signature of their wielder. It is, however, best paired with Force-activation technology.
Can you show me any form of canon or board-approved technology or items which can do this? I am not certain this would be possible through technology.

Nadja Keto said:
Can you show me any form of canon or board-approved technology or items which can do this? I am not certain this would be possible through technology.
Unfortunately not, but I do know there are technologies which deal in the Force and identifying Force users in general by allowing things to be activated by the Force, and that individual Force users can be identified through their midi-chlorians.

Perhaps, [member="Nadja Keto"], I could modify it to detect specific midi-chlorian colonies within the body. Basic biology proves that each person's would be slightly different enough to provide unique identification. Does that work out, rather than identifying the Force itself? This is supposed to be more scientific than magic, and I think that would work out better.

If I need to, I can work on a thread to use alchemy to achieve the effects. I'm willing to do work with you through this so that I can contribute this to the board, even if it takes a little bit more work.

Ivlyn Mecetti said:
Unfortunately not, but I do know there are technologies which deal in the Force and identifying Force users in general by allowing things to be activated by the Force, and that individual Force users can be identified through their midi-chlorians.

Perhaps, [member="Nadja Keto"], I could modify it to detect specific midi-chlorian colonies within the body. Basic biology proves that each person's would be slightly different enough to provide unique identification. Does that work out, rather than identifying the Force itself? This is supposed to be more scientific than magic, and I think that would work out better.

If I need to, I can work on a thread to use alchemy to achieve the effects. I'm willing to do work with you through this so that I can contribute this to the board, even if it takes a little bit more work.
Force activated lightsabers, to use your example, is just the removal of the switch to activate the lightsaber from the exterior of the hilt to require someone with skill in the force to activate it through telekinesis (Saga Edition: Jedi Academy Training Manual, page 60)
62fe1b73dba7ca63c3196798f2c1cfb0.png

There is no canon information, to my knowledge, of identifying a force user through midichlorians. Midichlorians were only measured to gauge the sensitivity of a force user by determining their midichlorian count (which would only really be unique if the number was so high that it didn't match anyone else). Even if it were possible to identify a force user by their midichlorians you would need to first get that information from them, and then place that into a database of some kind to reference from when utilizing this, and then you would need some way to remotely detect those midichlorians.

The only other method of locating force users is through the use of thaissen crystals and with Force Detectors, which are made using thaissen crystals. These devices (and the crystals) glow when in the presence of force users.

I cannot find any information on anything that can identify singular force sensitives in any precise manner.

Nadja Keto said:
Force activated lightsabers, to use your example, is just the removal of the switch to activate the lightsaber from the exterior of the hilt to require someone with skill in the force to activate it through telekinesis (Saga Edition: Jedi Academy Training Manual, page 60)
62fe1b73dba7ca63c3196798f2c1cfb0.png

There is no canon information, to my knowledge, of identifying a force user through midichlorians. Midichlorians were only measured to gauge the sensitivity of a force user by determining their midichlorian count (which would only really be unique if the number was so high that it didn't match anyone else). Even if it were possible to identify a force user by their midichlorians you would need to first get that information from them, and then place that into a database of some kind to reference from when utilizing this, and then you would need some way to remotely detect those midichlorians.

The only other method of locating force users is through the use of thaissen crystals and with Force Detectors, which are made using thaissen crystals. These devices (and the crystals) glow when in the presence of force users.

I cannot find any information on anything that can identify singular force sensitives in any precise manner.
The original point of the Forceometrics was to have the information acquired. Would you like me to remove the location thingy, since I don't have the thaissen crystals, or would you like me to add the thaissen crystals? Or would you like to scrap this? I'm sure simpler biometrics will do. I just wanted something a little more full-proof. Maybe a neural print...

[member="Nadja Keto"]

[member="Ivlyn Mecetti"]
Remove the force detection (or add thaissen crystals and make the detection range within a personal range). These would not be able to identify the identity of a force user, only that they are a force user.

As you would be registering people into this database on an individual basis anyway, just make the thing you're registering (i.e; dna or facial recognition or combinations of methods) be what your device searches for.

Nadja Keto said:
[member="Ivlyn Mecetti"]
Remove the force detection (or add thaissen crystals and make the detection range within a personal range). These would not be able to identify the identity of a force user, only that they are a force user.

As you would be registering people into this database on an individual basis anyway, just make the thing you're registering (i.e; dna or facial recognition or combinations of methods) be what your device searches for.
[member="Nadja Keto"]

Updated. Hopefully everything is in order, now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom