Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Factory Force Utilizing Blasters

Emerald

E
Currently Force utilizing items are limited to Minor to Semi Unique to Unique Production. However, it is my suggestion that blasters that use the Force for ammunition be allowed to be mass produced instead, so long as they are not OP.

Under the circumstances I see no reason for that rule to change. A blaster that uses the Force for ammo would not, in my mind, be a galaxy wide thing. Bearing in mind the FU to NFU ratio, it would be an item that the vast majority of the galaxy couldn't use anyway. If you have a reasoning behind why such an item should be mass produced and a commonplace item around the galaxy, I'm all ears, but the idea as presented currently doesn't strike me as one worth executing.

A blaster that uses the Force for ammo would not, in my mind, be a galaxy wide thing. Bearing in mind the FU to NFU ratio, it would be an item that the vast majority of the galaxy couldn't use anyway.
Nah. Millions and millions of Force guns is silly.
Logically thinking (that's silly, this is Star Wars), who would make the quantities of Force-powered guns anyways? You'd have to put whole Orders to work just making blasters.

While making the idea of a "Force Gun" so then Force users don't have to rely upon a Saber alone, is a very niche idea for most people. When people think of Jedi or Sith, they think Sabers, Force, and Magic. Not, a gun that can fire force powers.

While people in the past have made such items on a unique, or semi-unique stage, its very rare a few between due to the connotations of making a weapon that can fire a force power. Meaning, all you need to be, is sensitive in the force to do so. You require no training of the force power to use it, and arguably, some force powers should be restricted in use due to how powerful or extreme they are.

Minor concepts of a "Force Imbued gun" that aid the user in using the gun, or give them better spatial awareness, or make it easier to see through walls with a sniper rifle are ideas I think would be better, than a Gun that shoots the power of the force itself.

As my time of a Factory Judge and RPJ in the past, I myself, have denied, and been denied weapons of such make and design because of the idea alone doesn't really fit with the idea, lore, or aesthetic of star wars, or the weapon was nearing territory of what could be considered a hand-held superweapon.

No. I do not want to see Force guns going around. Because there are SOOOOO many ways you can make a gun, do some really nasty and powerful stuff. Some of which, Force users themselves would find difficult or nearly impossible to defend against without prior knowledge of the weapon.

A good thought, and your mind might be headed in the right direction, but I don't feel its the direction that Star wars, or Chaos should move towards as a whole.

Emerald

Kaska Arden

black holes, solid ground
Emerald

I think most of my issues with this suggestion, or rather request, have been covered above.

That said, I just wanted to clarify that the difference between mass and minor isn't quite the matter of semantics as it might appear on the surface. This is primarily due to the impact it can have when the submission is linked to the Codex.

Just two things to bear in mind:
  1. Despite the name, which I think is the part you seem to be focusing on, Minor production is actually fairly massive in the grand scheme of things. This is still production on a galactic scale.

2. If we turn to the Codex's NPC template's equipment table, you can see that we could conceivably supply a sizeable chunk of an army with alchemized weapons of minor production.

By comparison, even at the height of the Sith Wars, alchemized war swords would quite likely have been reserved for small, uncommon or rare units (the officers and the chosen elites). That's why you see the majority of the rank and file sith war swords being cortosis-weave instead.

And that was with the full might of the Sith war effort churning out armaments.

Not sure why you would need more than a small army's worth personally. Hell, not sure how you really could ICly (at least from my point of view) rationalize being able to produce more.
If I am honest, and this is purely based the roughest outline of the idea alone, I'm actually of the opinion that Limited is too high for a force gun submission. I'll leave the overall judgement in the hands of the Factory Team who handle the review process, however.

Regardless if the official verdict lands one way or the other, keep in mind that this shouldn't put you off from making suggestions in the future. The Factory is far from perfect and always in need of fine tuning. Some areas always need tightening up, while others need loosening.

This just isn't one of them for me, chief.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom