Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FORCE POWERS LIST - I think we should use one as a reference guide.

Does anyone have any good Force Powers list that aren't retarded that we can use as a reference guide? It won't be enforced, but it will serve as a reference guide.If it breaks it down by rank, (padawan powers, jedi powers, etc) that would be preferred.

They aren't devided by ranks as I thought they were. But here they are. The powers listed in red are ones I have seen contested on other communities. So we would have to discuss their uses here.

Core Powers
Force speed
Force Cloak
Force Concealment
Force Seeing
Farseeing
Telepathy
Force Empathy
Telekinesis
Force Jump/Leap
Force Pull/Push

Universal Powers
Breath Control
Comprehend Speech
Force Bellow
Force Body
Force Comprehension
Force Confusion
Force Deflection
Force Flash
Force Illusion
Force Suppression
Force Breach
Force Throw
Force Whirlwind
Force Wave
Force Repulse
Force Barrier
Force Vision
Force Weapon
Force Whisper
Tapas
Precognition
Psychometry
Art of the Small
Force Meld
Battle Meditation
Shatterpoint
Dopplegänger
Phase
Sever Force

Lightside Powers
Alter Environment
Animal Friendship
Battlemind
Batlle Precognition
Droid Disable
Force Blinding
Force Enlightenment
Force Healing
Force Orb
Force Projection
Force Absorb
Protection Bubble
Force Stun
Force Valor
Hibernation Trance
Levitation
Mind Trick
Force Persuasion
Plant Surge
Ray
Revitalize
Electric Judgment
Force Light
Force Stasis
Stasis Field
Malacia
Morichro

Darkside Powers
Deadly Sight
Drain Knowledge
Force Destruction
Force Drain
Force Fear
Force Horror
Force Insanity
Force Flight
Force Scream
Force Slow
Force Affliction
Force Plague
Force Wound
Force Grip
Force Choke
Force Crush
Kinetite
Mechu-deru
Mind Control
Force Rage
Torture by Chagrin
Spear of Midnight Black
Force Shock
Force Lightning
Chain Lightning
Force Resuscitation
Force Storm
Force Maelstrom
Sith Alchemy
Sith Magic
Thought Bomb
Wormhole Storm
Force Travel
Spirit Transference

And of course there are a number of force abilities little known, that were developed outside of the Jedi and Sith.

I still think a person should have enough common sense to realize what powers they can and cannot use. Also, in the movies.... Jedi RARELY used powers other than sensing what someone was feeling or igniting a light saber. Only insane Masters like Palpatine resorted to the hard-core stuff to get their point across. Not saying that's how it should be, just saying that's realistic. I don't need to set someone on fire every time I run into them to prove I'm powerful.

I am going through and making a list of additional force user groups and their unique recorded abilities. And I will also divide the powers by rank in how I think they should be used with common sense. So stay tuned for that.

I don't think people should be limited on what abilities they could develop as long as they aren't overly powerful and a threat to the community. It's all a part of the imagination. If they want to... I dunno, turn into a bird utilizing the force, I say let them.

I am sure we don't really need all of this listed. But I want to put them out there so the other force users currently here may have a say about them.

Addition Force Group power lists:

Shapers of Kro Var
Water Shaping
Earth Shaping
Air Shaping
Fire Shaping

Witches of Dathomir
Blood Trail
Aspect of the Storm
Control Web
Ears of the Chiroptix
Heartshadow
Mesmerism
Revitalization of the Whuffa
Scream of the Ssurian
Sense of the Veshet
Speed of the Toocha
Spell of Interpretation
Surge of the Brier
Touch of the Kiin'dray

Jensaarai
Attune Armor
Ballistakinesis

Baran Do Sages
Ayna-seff
Hassat-durr

Aing-Tii
Dimension Shift
Fighting-Sight
Flow-Walking
Fold Space

Theran Listeners
Mnemotherapy
Theran Force-Listening
Theran Sound Trance

Disciples of Twilight
Shadow Vision

Ta-Ree Magic
Shadowstrike

Felucian Shamans
Sickening Blast

Ludo Dorian

L
I know this is only my second post here, but I hate lists like these. I feel like they turn people's writing into schlock rather than using real descriptions.

"Obi-Wan used Force Speed to charge his attacker, and then used Force Repulse to parry the Sith's attack!"

Lame. We're writing stories here, not playing a damn video game.

I very much agree, Ludo, but not everyone looks at the issue the same. Especially many people who are not accustomed to SWRPG boards. I do think we should have some sort of "reference guide"... just for new people starting out.

Also, it kinda keeps the godmoding power players a limit. Because although some of us are here to write, there will be others who're here to button mash. As an experienced writer, you won't need a reference guide such as this to help you. But others might, and they can use it in whatever way they want.

Hope that doesn't seem like to crummy of an explanation, but... just how I've felt about the issue, as a writer and staffer.

Ludo Dorian

L
Reference guide for what though - the Force?

In that case, wouldn't the best reference be simply watching the movies?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom