Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Force-Nullification Device

Status
Not open for further replies.
x8XcNF.gif

x8XAzb.gif

• Manufacturer: Allya Vi'Dreya, CIS

• Affiliation: Allya Vi'Dreya, CIS

• Model: Force Nullifying Device

• Modularity: No

• Production: Semi-Unique

• Material: Electronics, reinforced duraplast, device components
x8XEWf.gif

• Creates a force nullification bubble similar to a ysalamiri bubble, ten meters in diameter.

• Can be turned on and off.

• Reinforced Duraplast housing keeps it safe from damage and EMP.
x8Xhl6.gif

• Anti-Force Bubble: The device creates a ten meter in diameter anti-force bubble, very similar to a ysalamiri bubble.

• Portable: It is small, able to be turned on and off at will, and carried around by a single soldier by integrating it into their armor.
x8X6Mp.gif

• Anti-Force: The device effects the user as much as it does everyone else. So if the user is a force user, they will be cut off from the force as well.

• EMP Fields: Intense EMP fields can interfere with the operation of the device.
x8Xqme.gif

Confederate Scientists studied the anti-force bubbles created by Ysalamiri, and attempted to find ways to create it artificially. They succeeded in mimicking the field created by them, and being able to create them at will. The small device is in a reinforced duraplast housing, and can be turned on and off.

When turned on it creates a ten meter diameter anti-force bubble around the device. It effects its user as much as it does anyone else. While it is more useful than a ysalamiri in the fact it can be turned on and off, it is effected by intense EM fields, that can make it unstable.

Hi there [member="Allya Vi'Dreya"] !

This is an interesting submission, but I do have some questions.

Allya Vi'Dreya said:
Anti-Force Bubble: The device creates a ten meter in diameter anti-force bubble, very similar to a ysalamiri bubble.
Mainly, How? Nothing other than Ysalamiri themselves are capable of anything akin to this in canon and so I'm interested to know by what means this submission would attempt to. I would suggest making it work more akin to Void Stone with an aura of dampening (lessening) the influence of the Force and making it more difficult to access the Force which grows stronger the closer you are to the device. Even going so far as to claim the area surrounding the device

The main reason for this, is there are many weaknesses to Ysalamiri, given their fragility and the fact they are living beings, which assists in balancing them even though they are still pretty powerful themselves. Without those it does kind of unbalance an NFU's Hard Counter to the Force, especially for a system that can flick on to block someone, then flick off to allow the user to use the Force unimpeded.

That particular effect (shutting on and off) could probably use something like a wind up and wind down time period. Doesn't have to be exact, just something like "a few moments" or "a little while" or something like that to avoid issues with the above.

[member="Laira Darkhold"]

After looking it over, and contemplating it, I believe I went about this the wrong way. I'm going to do a bit more research to so I can fit more lore into the item, and make it far more like other things I've seen in the lore.

I always enjoy your ideas, and they tend to make me think a lot about what I'm doing, so I appreciate it, but requesting this thread be archived.

Moved to Factory Archives - If you want to remove from the archives, please feel free to tag [member="Runi Verin"], [member="Laira Darkhold"] or [member="John Locke"].

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom