Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Force Lightning

Wirch Bicket

Prepare for my Arrival...
Sorry I am very certain that this has been asked before and that I missed the thread.

I am wondering if Force Lightning has similar physics as electricity.
Specifically, can Force Lightning be grounded in a similar way as natural lightning or electricity?

Any help would be appreciated.

Wirch Bicket

That seems to clear it up a little.
It shows that there is really no way to answer that question.

I guess it means that it can be yes or no, depending on how well it is written.

It's not 100% clear through canon material, but Wookieepedia does indicate that it could just be electricity generated by the Force:

Due to the fact that Force lightning was, at it's core, simply electricity generated by the dark side, it could be grounded with any material that was resistant to electrical currents.(3)
That said, it largely depends on the writer. I've always written Force Lightning as behaving very similarly to electricity, even going so far as using a Faraday cage to negate much (but not all) of its effects.

[member="Wirch Bicket"]

Wirch Bicket

I had always assumed that it was electricity created and guided by the Force, but still could be manipulated in a similar way to electricity.

Thanks all for the advice. With the above in mind, I will simply put out my idea and see what you guys would think.

I have a concept for a metal armor that basically protects the wearer from electricity in most forms by using wires to transmit any electricity straight from the armor plates to the ground. Would this work in concept, obviously there are I am sure extenuating circumstances?

If you're looking for metal to be able to ground Force lightning, I would suggest looking into alchemized metal. Azrael recently had his bionic left arm alchemized by Warren Valik in order to use it as a Force Lightning rod, absorbing the lightning. Though my addition also can concentrate it and fire it from his palm like a hand cannon.

Azrael said:
Azrael recently had his bionic left arm alchemized by Warren Valik in order to use it as a Force Lightning rod, absorbing the lightning.
[member="Valik"], Earlier on the site, created an "Ion gauntlet" that had the same idea, however, the energy was focused into a beam to me shot from the hand kind of like Iron Man's hands.

As well, [member="Triam Akovin"] made something *the chest piece of iron man* to take in electricity as well I believe. So yes it is possible, [member="Wirch Bicket"], but you will need substantial threads as both of these items that were created required one as well. Because you are making armor, then you will need a thread.

For my H.E.R.D. Laser I'm not sure what it would be technically. Essentially it uses the superconductivity of the Ultrachrome in my armor, and saps the energy collected from it, and transmits it via wires into a battery like storage, except it only builds up for a short while before discharging it into an energy beam. So I guess since there are wires and a storage box involved it would be a DC current. Of course in my case that doesn't matter because it converts the energy into a big ass karkin laser pulse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom