Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Force Light

Force light was a light side Force power used by the Jedi. When used against a darksider, Force light would weaken the darksider's connection to the Force. With the light of the Force, a Jedi could either purge or contain dark side manifestations or nexus points, whether in places, spirits, or even living persons, though sometimes to detrimental effect. By channeling the Force into withering blasts of light-side energy, the darkness can then be diminished or destroyed permanently. Force light could also be used to sever the bond between a Sith battlelord and his or her followers.

Not sure how well this would fair with a neutral. Likely nothing --- depending if you are currently enacting something "Dark" at the time --- say sorcery.

That rather depends on what you mean by 'neutral', I imagine.

A neutral Sith is still a Sith, because you can't be Sith without some attachment to the Dark Side. Ain't never been no Jedi Sith, after all. Regardless, it would certainly depend on your level of Corruption. If all you did was have some communion wine, I doubt it'll do anything, but if you've been suckling for awhile, even in moderation, it's gonna start messing with you.

Iroatas

I
I don't think the Force would care about your view on the Force if that's what you mean by 'greyish sith.' But a Sith's a Sith, and if they're using the Dark Side it's going to affect them.

sabrina

Well I am using force drain at mo, dark side power yes.

Though I am using it so I don`t kill him, I put a bounty on him alive not dead. As I want him to see the light of the sith. Yes she brain washed, but it how she thinks. Also biding time till those lizard come, and stop duel, and guards just stun him a lot.

I'm fairly certain the guy being 'just tortured' doesn't really care if he's dead or not, because either way he's being tortured.

Evil is evil, be it pain or death. Pain is arguably the more evil of the two, because at least death is quick and provides a release. Pain just keeps going until you fancy letting it stop for a little.

You can't just turn back the Evil dial because he's 'not dead' and you're 'just hurting him.'

Sarge Potteiger said:
That rather depends on what you mean by 'neutral', I imagine.

A neutral Sith is still a Sith, because you can't be Sith without some attachment to the Dark Side. Ain't never been no Jedi Sith, after all. Regardless, it would certainly depend on your level of Corruption. If all you did was have some communion wine, I doubt it'll do anything, but if you've been suckling for awhile, even in moderation, it's gonna start messing with you.

I meant someone who uses the "neutral" master tag :p

But yeah if you are doing Force drain, that is you going dark dark

Knowing your character, I suppose it would render you unable to use powers associated with the Dark Side for some time, but little to nothing more.

[member="sabrina"]

Basics:
Force Light weakens the victim's ability to use the dark side.

Anything that the victim benefits from via the dark side (mind control, powers, strengthened body) is temporarily lost or weakened (or permanently so, if the victim's Writer truly wishes to do this).

With the concept of matching a Writer's effort in kind, this temporary weakness might be brief (if the user of Force Light just initiates and executes in the same post) or long (if the user has been prepping for several posts before executing). Though, it usually just depends on how long the victim's Writer feels like playing with the imposed weakness.

It also really depends on the victim's traits, too. Darth Junra had spent years without using the dark side anywhere near Jedi. She had become used to fighting without using the Force's influence, and thus Force Light wouldn't be as devastating as, for example, a Sith that required it to live.

sabrina

See my character use to run orphanages on sly, know plays with the most destructive substance in the universe. Thinking about it, she definitely changed. Okay she know dark side, just does not realize it

sabrina said:
Even if it`s so you do not have to kill him [member="Sarge Potteiger"], i.e. just hurting him a bit
Anything that is detrimental in an antagonistic way is considered dark side. And Force Drain and Drain Life and such are the most dark-sided force techniques.

Cross Ikon said:
Force Light = Divine Light?

Like the anti-necro spell in D&D?
Force light is sort of like a method to block off one's connection to the force if they are corrupted by the dark side. (Though there are ways around this, as it is EXTREMELY taxing and is not 100% effective.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom