Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Force is a Canvas, Lightsaber is a Brush

Pal'ru Vadarn

Exotic Saber Connoisseur
The training room floor would light up as it was prepared for use. A special training session was about to take place. One that could decide the possible fates of the Jedi who would enter this very room. [member="Milla Caranthyr"] had been instructed to come to the room.

Palru walked into the center of the room, a look of concern on her face. Was she ready for this? She didn't know. She felt... unsure. She hadn't been in the order for long. But... this was her duty. She had to do this. But if she was doing this, she was doing this her way.

Milla cautiously stepped into the room. Her bare feet scarcely made a sound as she moved towards the center of the room. Bright blue eyes scanned every inch till they landed on [member="Pal'ru Vadarn"]. The young girl had been called here to meet with Pal'ru. A meeting that made Milla a little nervous.

She came to a stop a short distance away from the Knight and gave a small bow. "Knight Vadran. I was told to meet you here."

Pal'ru Vadarn

Exotic Saber Connoisseur
Palru heard the sound of flesh against the smooth floor, looking at Milla almost in surprise since she was just in deep thought. She'd look down to see her bare feet, raising a finger for a moment. She'd drop it, though. "I... yes. You must be Milla. I was told you were seeking a master. And I've heard of what you're capable of. Honestly, I'm kind of jealous." Palru flattered her.

Tags:[member="Milla Caranthyr"]

Milla gave a nod when asked her questions. "Yes, I'm Milla. Yes I am looking for a Master." Was this what this was about? She had been looking for one, but she hadn't expected it to happen this quickly.

The next part caught her off guard. Pal'ru had heard of her? Not only that, she was kinda jealous of her. "You...you're kinda jealous of me?" She was somewhat hesitant about asking the second question. "What kind of things have you heard?"

[member="Pal'ru Vadarn"]

Pal'ru Vadarn

Exotic Saber Connoisseur
"You were... well, don't take this the wrong way... a bit quirky." She'd gesture to the fact Milla was bare foot. "But that you're good. So I wanted to see for myself." She'd bow a little. "Show me your stance." She'd put a hand out to her briefly. "Your lightsaber stance, that is." She'd straighten up her posture again. She simply wanted to see what Milla needed, and what she already had.

[member="Milla Caranthyr"]

A bit quirky. That was a new one for Milla. She looked down at her bare feet when Pal'ru gestured towards them. "It's kinda hard for me to wear shoes, since my feet are shaped a little different." With a shinbone slightly bowed forward to allow extra muscle and tendon growth in her leg, longer bones in her feet and almost no achilles tendon, walking on the balls of her feet was about the only way she could walk. Find shoes for her was a difficult challenge to say the least.

Pal'ru had also heard that Milla was good. This made Milla a little nervous since she had no true formal training, just a lot of practice in the combat training room. She let out a slow breath and gave a nod when Pal'ru asked to see her stance. Milla drew her duel lightsabers, sliding her right foot back, placing her right hand at chest level with her blade in a reverse grip, while her left hand stayed low and kept the blade in a traditional grip.

[member="Pal'ru Vadarn"]

Pal'ru Vadarn

Exotic Saber Connoisseur
Palru would bend down a little and inspect every aspect of Millas stance. It told her a lot about Milla. It was a picture of her thinking, of her priorities. "Great. Now-" Palru would draw a very ornamental lightsaber, with dark grey engravings. "I want you to come at me with everything you have." She'd ignite her saber, its pink glow flushing out the seriousness in her face. She'd take a simple, but seemingly perfected stance, similar to how a samurai would stand. Right foot forward, left foot slightly back. Both hands gripping her lightsaber, which was at about waist height. Her sabers tip was pointed almost forty-five degrees from her head to the ceiling. "I want to see what you can do firsthand." Her robes flowed a little, as if there was a subtle breeze. But that was simply a biproduct of the Dantari crystal collecting force energy within her lightsaber.

Milla could only wonder what was going through Pal'ru's mind as she studied Milla's stance. Was her stance good? Did it need improvement? These were all thoughts racing through her mind. That was until Pal'ru drew her lightsaber and took a stance of her own. Her eyes drifted to the pink blade momentarily before shifting back to the eyes of the Jedi in front of her.

So she wanted to see what Milla could do in a fight? Well this was more straightforward than she was expecting, or she hoped it was. The young girl activated her lightsabers, the dark smokey ash colored blades roared to life, powered by the blackwing crystals inside.

Her opponent was older than her and more skilled. So she'd have to rely more on instinct...well the force, then anything else. She needed to make a move and make one fast. Letting out a slow breath, she let herself sink into the force and let it guide her motions.

All at once, she shot forward like a rocket powered by the force. She closed in on Pal'ru, drawing her blade back to strike her left shoulder. At the last second, Milla changed direction. Pivoting on her left foot, she brought herself into a spin to put herself behind Pal'ru. Her left lightsaber was held low for protection, while her right changed grip position to a traditional style. With the added spin, she would be able to land a stronger hit. So it was in theory anyway.

[member="Pal'ru Vadarn"]

Pal'ru Vadarn

Exotic Saber Connoisseur
Palru decided to sway to the left and under Milla as she flew. She technically fell for the trick by doing this, but was still able to block the right saber with an overhead slash. Palru’d quickly switch to an underhand slash to send Millas right arm upward, backing away with a hop. “You’re pretty good.”

Pal'ru blocked Milla's attack before forcing her back with a strike of her own. She gave a little hop back and brought herself into a defensive as stance. The Jedi she was challenging was an unknown to her, taking her by surprise with that attack probably wouldn't work a second time.

Milla gave a small smile at the complement. "Thanks. I've had a lot of practice in the training room. That and...I grew up in a nasty place. I had to learn quick and fight hard to survive."

[member="Pal'ru Vadarn"]

Pal'ru Vadarn

Exotic Saber Connoisseur
"Makes sense... your form seems a bit instinctive." Palru would lunge forward, beginning a calculated but lightning fast whirlwind of blows. They were mostly aimed to skim Millas body, as to not really permanently damage her. But they still had a simplistic, but still suprising form to it. After about ten attempted slashes, she'd try to stun Milla would a deft force push, then trying to do a final sweep to Millas legs with her own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom