Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Force-inar" (Force Seminar open to ALL Jedi)

Time: Mid-morning

James closed his comm unit on his wrist and gave a satisfied sigh. A shipment of medical supplies had just made the run to the Wild spaces, paying off this little Seminar he was hosting.

The invitations, the civic center itself, the food, and of course the training equipment had cost a bit more than he had expected. But the good news is that run paid off and now we can all have a fair good time learning about this new-fangled Force.

He shrugged satisfied. All was well that ended well. As he took a step out into the courtyard area, he thought about the events leading up to this. He had been on a standard run of food to a settlement in Kassyyk when a crazy old man had started to say things about him. It wouldn't have been so compelling if they hadn't been true. Then he started rambling out the 'living Force" and all kinds of strange karking things about Jedi and Sith and his need to choose his destiny.

James shook his head. He had long wrote those things off but as he got to know more and think more about it--and as he conducted research--he began to burn with questions and a desire for answers. So he did what any sensible small business owner did; he set up a large seminar and made it a tax-write off. He chuckled as he leaned on the pillar, "Funny how these things work out now, idn't it?"

He was eager for the guests to get here and he was praying to the party gods they would bring more. His curiosity was insatiable right now, and he had spared no expense on the food and supplies. It would be a pity for it to go to waste. Taking one last look at the dazzling sky, James fished a cigarette from his pocket and made his way to the door.

[member="Matsu Ike"] [member="Keira Ticon"] [member="Connor Harrison"] [member="Rexus Drath"] [member="Kitani Corandel"] [member="Ryn'Dhal"]

[member="James Justice"]
Hearing of this seminar, Azda was interested what this man would have in store. The force had always been there for Azfa, but he knew there was still much to learn. He was so interested, he also called a friend to join him at the seminar. [member="stardust"]

He approached the door, and gave it a light knock.

[member="Azda"]

James heard the tenative knock on the door and grinned at his luck. Ah perfect. Things are just getting started.

He threw the door open wide and greeted the strange, small green person with a winning smile. Ah what luck, a small fellow, I bet they must know a lot about this.

"Welcome, welcome," he said, ushering the creature in with his accomplace, "I am so glad ye could make it. Name's Justice, Cap'in James Justice. How are ye?"

Not wanting to be rude, he offered the guest a seat and showed him the refreshments.

[member="James Justice"]

Taking a seat, he looked over to the man, letting a slight grin loose since the man looked like a human rat.
"I'm doin quite well, how are ye doin." He said, mocking James, "Names Azda by the way."
Azda then took a bite of his food with his small teeth.
"So what's your profession?" Azda said swallowing.

James laugh slightly. It wasn't the first time his exotic accent had been made fun of and it wouldn't be the last. He had learned to take it in stride.

"Its nice to meet ye," he said. "I'm a freighter and a blockade runner." he gave a slightly winsome gesture with his hand, "I suppose that is how all this started. Made a supply run to a small village that was in need of supplies. That was when a strange old man started telling me things about meself. It were odd, no one had ever done something like that a'fore. Then he started saying things to me about something called 'the Force.' I 'asided to start looking into this, and of course, here we are," James chuckled, "I were honest, I were hoping to learn a great deal more, 'tis all quite new to me." James sighed and brushed his forehead, "To tell ye the truth I do my damndest to help people in need. Father always taught me to do the best to people. What I do brings relief to the sick and the hurt. I suppose that is all what this is about." He looked at the small fellow and cleared his throat and leaned against the table, "What about ye?"

[member="Azda"]

[member="James Justice"]
Setting down his food, he swallowed the final bite, then proceeded to take a sip of water.
"A Jedi padawan, I am." Azda stated, "With high hopes to become a master, yes."
Azda then grabbed more food, and for a small guy, it seemed he had an endless stomach.
Nibbling at the food, he then glanced up to speak again.
"Live on Dagobah, I did," Azda stated, "I still visit sometimes."
Azda enjoyed talking to James, but he was worried for the clouded future he saw.

"Oy, Daggie, I've been there before," James said with a perk of remembering. "Dad and me made a run when I was much younger. We dropped off food and medical to a small settlement on the northern continent," he laughed slightly in remembering. "Its a darn wet place, though. Muddy as a drunk Weeqay's thinking. Not the type of place I want to spend a holiday, that's for sure. I never had a home proper, being raised on my dad's freighter. She's been in the family three generations, counting me of course." James beamed with pride. Not every ship was in a family that long. In fact most tramp freighters rarely made it to live through their first owner's lifespan.

The pilot thought for a moment. This little green man sure did have an appetite. Part of him wondered where the others were, if they were going to show up. He hoped all this food didn't go to waste. However, part of him had a feeling this little fellow might eat it all, one way or the other.

[member="Azda"]

Kitani did received the invitation through her holo communicator but due to the new altercations and her training on Ossus, she would not RSPV. She replies back through her comm

"I'm afraid there will have to be another time for this, I apologies. "

on the receiving end, a hologram of Kitani could be seen bowing.

[member="James Justice"]

Being one so adamantly opposed to the incessantly structured and organized ways of any proper Order of Force users, it was a wonder to Keira how she continued to get herself in these situations. There was enough to worry about as it was with the still very real threat of the Sith and the war she had only just recently begun playing a major part in. Time couldn't reasonably be allotted to going off on her own devices for no real reason, but somehow she managed to make such a thing work even in wartime. At the end of the day that was all this excursion was, not that she was ever the sort to split hairs. It was much better to simply go through with things and think about the consequences later. Or maybe not, but it wasn't as if her train of thought had always been on the rails.

However, her intentions this time were arguably benevolent, as she had responded to a request sent out by one [member="James Justice"] to assist in expanding his knowledge of the Force and all that it encompassed. It was a topic she could lend insight on if only because of her experience in dabbling in what most considered to be the two sides of that ethereal coin, when in fact there were thousands of facets, and millions more waiting to be uncovered. That, of course, was only her point of view, but it was one she would stand by unwavering. Others could believe whatever they wished, but no matter what she would continue to walk her path of muddied grey, never swaying one way or the other. There wasn't anything to sway to, after all, when the Force was just that and nothing more.

Admittedly she had fallen behind schedule when it came to arriving, but as the commander of an army and the mentor of another student along with other indiscriminate duties she didn't have much room to work with when it came to arriving anywhere on time, unless that anywhere was a battlefield. But she had finally landed and was now making her way to the prescribed meeting place, lightsaber at her hip as always and senses extended outwards to get a better grasp of her surroundings and those within them. Upon entering she nodded in greeting to those assembled, pulling up a chair shortly afterwards. "Name's Keira Ticon. There might be a few others coming, if they decide to show up." [member="Rexus Drath"] and [member="Connor Harrison"] had been invited, at any rate. Regardless of whether they showed, she would continue on as she always did.

[member="Azda"]

James closed his comm from the message. Ah well, that was a sweet gesture anyhow, to say ye couldn't arive. He looked up and saw the lady come in and poured her a glass of Alderaan wine. It was only slightly alcoholic, and even for that, it was minor and more for flavor. He walked to her and gave a winsome smile and wink with the glass, "No worries, miss. It is glad to have ye, the more the better."

He remembered this woman being quiet well versed in the Force; what little information he could gather about her indicated that she was quite well-versed in matters of the Force. She knew not just from dogma, or book-knowledge but from experience. This seasoned freighter valued that over head-knowledge most any day.

Pulling up a chair, he lit a second cigarette and began puffing away, "If ye don't mind me saying so, I have a great respect for ye vast knowledge, miss. Not just from the book learning but also from experience proper." The pilot flicked ashes off the end of his cig and smiled, "I am quite sure you have a lot that you could share, enough to fill quite a few books, aye?"

[member="Keira Ticon"]
[member="Kitani Corandel"]
[member="Azda"]

Never had Keira taken to any sort of praise well, regardless of whether it was deserved or not. Perhaps it was due to her typical mindset of actions speaking far louder than words ever would, rendering any verbal commendation of her actions fundamentally useless in her own eyes. Or maybe that was her old self-loathing coming to light, not seeming to waver in the least despite the years that had passed. Her hand waved in some gesture of humility, and she sipped at the wine as if to avoid responding for the moment. "I don't really know more than anyone else. I just know more about things that can actually be applied." There was a distinct line to be drawn between practical and book knowledge, especially for those that disregarded the latter most times.

For a few seconds she seemed to lose herself in thought, staring off into space for a few short seconds before she seemed to remember just where she sat. A smile found her lips, though admittedly it held an air of distraction about it, but she was grounded in the present for the moment. Disassociation had a way with things that she hadn't quite learned how to shake off even after so long. "Is there anything you'd like to know to begin with, then?" Her smile took on more of a wry edge. "I might as well put some of that knowledge to use."

[member="James Justice"], [member="Azda"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom