Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species Force Golems

Status
Not open for further replies.
0mY86TR.jpg

Image Source: Ibenz009
Development Thread: Bad Seeds Fruit
Name: Force Golem
Designation: Semi-sentient
Homeworld: None/Crina
Language: Use form of telepathy. Language of Creator.
Average height of adults: 2.2 Meters
Skin color: Stones that form the exterior all share the same dark hue, though such varies based upon material used in the ritual.
Hair color: While they do not hair, force golems energy color differs based on many factors, such as the force crystal used in the ritual and characteristics of the human transformed.
Breathes: Has no lungs
Strengths:
  • Wookiees Aren't the Only Ones Who Rip Arms Off: Created to be an utterly obedient soldier and force to be feared on the battlefield by Nicoleta's fallen apprentice. For the force user who created them, they hold immense strength imbued upon them through the ritual in order to empower them. Comparatively they could arm wrestle a wookiee and break even and can give even the best athletes a run for their money.
  • Lightsaber/Energy Resistant: As a result of being created from pure force energy condensed through the ritual to consume and mold a human essence contained within rock imbued with the force as well to form a rough container and pseudo armor for the Golem, the beings created by the sacrificial method are not phased by energy based weapons or techniques much at all and the stone which covers them is much more durable and can withstand blows more ably.
  • Only One Master: Mind Tricks don't work on Force Golems as they only obey their creator as a result of the connection in the creation process.
Weaknesses:
  • Simple Minded: Force Golems cannot perform sophisticated tasks without supervision, and as such are best used for simple tasks unless the force user who created them is commanding them directly.
  • Fingers too big for the buttons: As a result of their bodies construction and shape, Force Golems are nearly incapable of performing refined tasks and using any technology in conclusion. They will never be able to wield weapons or operate vehicles or controls.
  • Hibernation: Whenever the owner of a Force Golem moves too far away from the Golem itself it will enter a state of hibernation, curling up until its owner returns to it. The Radius for this effect is 100 meters.
  • Get Over Here. . . .I can Only Punch You: With no ranged offensive abilities of their own and an inability to use technology, Force Golems require a distance of nil between themselves and an enemy to be able to harm them.
  • Being an Artist takes a lot out of you: Force Golems take a great deal of energy to create and control, and as a result restrict a force user with knowledge of the ritual from creating an unlimited number regardless of their access to materials. At most, a single force user can create and control 1-2 Force Golems based on their ability.
Distinctions: Force Golems levitate rather than carry their own weight, though they cannot fly. In addition if their creator dies they are then frozen in a complete petrification process. In regards to their connection with their creator they are very much like Sithspawn, which is fitting considering how dark the ritual process is when carried out. They are also only creatable right now by Alva Calvrona or her sister Utena, as they took the research and journals from the apprentice's hidden study. One would require their aid in order to imitate the ritual.
Average Lifespan: Unless Destroyed
Races: N/A
Estimated Population: Two Made in Thread, more can be created.
Diet: No
Communication: Without lungs or lips able to move, Force Golems means of communication are limited. Using resonation resulting from the energy their bodies are made from, force golems can speak telepathically with their creator and one another through the reverberations they generate from their own forms.
Culture: N/A
Technology level: None
General behavior: Force Golems behavior is mostly idle, though always protective of their creator if they are nearby. In all other instances they follow out whatever orders are given to them by their maker.
History: Conceived by the second in command of Crina's Rebellion, Force Golems were intended to be a new weapon to be employed on the battlefield to decimate the Royal Army's Forces. For an unknown period of time the young woman's whose name was stripped from history for her crimes against the planet, both for her actions of stealing artifacts and for betraying her master and leader in an attempt to take control of the rebellion for her own desires, worked tirelessly to perfect the ritual necessary to create unquestioningly obedient warriors able to withstand many times more damage than a normal soldier before collapsing. It was the hope of Nicoleta's fallen apprentice and comrade that the Force Golems would tip the war in her favor and ensure none would question her right to lead and ascend in her master's place should they emerge victorious.

However, prior to completing her final tests the nameless Practitioner was forced on the run from both the Rebel and Royal Military as a result of her betrayals and crimes. Caught in her attempted journey back to her hidden research locked away in an abandoned tower, the fledgling apprentice never was able to see the fruits of her efforts. Instead she eventually was dragged back to the capital whereupon she was imprisoned and broken until the day she died. Yet, her research would indeed be finished centuries later, as Alva and Utena Calvarona delved into records and documents kept within the Palace Library on Crina, who then secreted away the information and made a search for the hidden lab's location. Upon discovering the abandoned tower's secret lower levels the pair of sisters would spend the night away examining the research, though it wasn't what they expected.

Eager to see the result of the ritual laid out in the journals and notes, a pair of farmers seeking shelter from a storm that had blown in would become the unfortunate victims upon which the ritual would be tested with. Subdued upon stumbling across the open basement of the tower, both would find themselves forced into an elaborate process which would make them the focal point for the force itself to gather and imbue as a force crystal was fused with their body and stonework arrayed around the ritual area was used to contain the energy their bodies became as a result. And thus the first Force Golems of Crina were created.

Notable Player-Characters: N/A
Intent: To give more lore to Crina's force users who deviate from traditional aspects of the force, but is similar to Sithspawn creation for example.

Nyx

Insert Hilarious Title Here
[member="Alva Calvarona"]

Before I say anything, I really like this concept. I think it's interesting, though it could use a few tweaks.

First of which.
I need you to add substantial weaknesses. As they are, the weaknesses can't be exploited by anyone other than the writer controlling them,
Add in a weak point, or a tendency to to slip free of control, etc.

Next.

Alva Calvarona said:
Lightsaber/Energy Resistant: As a result of being created from pure force energy condensed through the ritual to consume and mold a human essence contained within rock imbued with the force as well to form a rough container and pseudo armor for the Golem, the beings created by the sacrificial method are not phased by energy based weapons or techniques much at all and the stone which covers them is much more durable and can withstand blows more ably.
This isn't resistance. This is nigh-impenetrability. This on the level of phrik. I need you to either tone this down, or give me another dev thread of 30-35 posts.

And finally.
The amount of energy that would be required to make these things is rather substantial. I would like you to add in a stipulation of only being able to be created with a Force Nexus or other source of energy nearby.

[member="Nyx"]

Ok I added a weakness for you, but as for the other requests I have some points I want to make. (Also I count simple minded as a weakness since if the force user doesn't actively give orders the other writer can easily write outmaneuvering the Force Golems simple tactics)

Since Sith make sithspawn all the time without a force nexus I would like to argue the last one. Sorry but Crina doesn't have one when I subbed the planet or when I made the species IC and it doesn't fit into it at all either. Sith don't need one for Sithspawn so I don't think it's fair.

As for the resistance issue, this is a 35 post thread when the average species, which I mean to say aren't special, have none. So this has work. Not to mention

Alva Calvarona said:
At most, a single force user can create 1-4 Force Golems based on their ability.

Alva Calvarona said:
They are also only creatable right now by Alva Calvrona or her sister Utena, as they took the research and journals from the apprentice's hidden study. One would require their aid in order to imitate the ritual.
These things are Rare and certainly wouldn't be dominating the battlefield just by their presence alone. I can even make the edit that at most a single force user can only control 2 of these things at a time. Not to mention that as it stands there are only 2 people in the galaxy who have the knowledge to perform the ritual and at most that means there would be four of these things at the galaxy at a time unless they taught someone else, and then that person would only have up to 2 themselves. Plus since these things have no ranged offensive skills themselves, and cannot use technology to perform any other tasks. They're only use is as a tank like unit, and even then a tank hits harder since I stated these things are as strong as a wookiee, but while a tank could blow open durasteel bulkhead doors, these things can't.

On the other side of things. . . . .the Force Golems are still outclassed by plenty of Sithspawn like the Teretenek which is saber resistant as well as immune to force powers while these things could be thrown by the force for example. And a Leviathan could literally walk up and eat one. . . .also those don't need force nexus either.
To recap

These things don't exist in the double digits. To make more would require another thread to do so. They cannot use technology and have no ranged abilities so they are only a threat to people in melee range and cannot for example slice a computer, take control of security systems, or even wield a blaster. They require direct control to perform optimally. Only 2 People in the galaxy have the information needed to make them. Anyone who does learn how can only control up to 2 at a time. There is already 35 posts of work. Creatures of similar strength do not require the same level of restriction regarding Force Nexus or Energy Sources. And they now have a Hibernation Effect weakness added onto them too.

Nyx

Fair enough, I won't ask for a Nexus.

Right now, all I'm going to ask from you is a few more posts in that thread that showcases this resistance. It's really the only thing keeping me from approving this, and I would like to see how it would be written. That's all I need, and this will be put up to pending.

[member="Nyx"]

How many more posts are you asking for then? ANd is there any requirement for the thread to include beyond the need to show the resistance in some way?

I still think the rarity more than makes up for it. I edited it down to 2 at most per force user even too. Plus a requirement of at least 20 posts to make a new one is equal to the dev thread requirement to make Phrik Armor so in all fairness the same amount of work to give a PC that resistance is made up for these.

Nyx

Alva Calvarona said:
I still think the rarity more than makes up for it. I edited it down to 2 at most per force user even too. Plus a requirement of at least 20 posts to make a new one is equal to the dev thread requirement to make Phrik Armor so in all fairness the same amount of work to give a PC that resistance is made up for these.

With this in mind, I will put this up to pending, with a strong warning not to abuse, or this sub will be revisited.
Enjoy your golems.

Approved, pending secondary.
[member="Valiens Nantaris"]

First of all, I would like to say that I do not appreciate either tone or the way you talked to my judge. She raised extremely valid concerns, and your dismissive treatment was not warranted. Do not try this again in the factory.

Secondly, the dev thread you have for this is almost entirely unsatisfactory for the purpose. The creation of the golems occurs only in the last few posts and it ends abruptly before the second one is even made. After 6 months I would have assumed an extra few posts could have been added.

Thirdly, the notion that two effectively blaster and lightsabre resistant Sithspawn could be constructed by a knight and an apprentice does somewhat beggar belief. Such creations are usually the preserve of masters.

Finally, I am not reassured by what I see as potential for escalation.

However for all that I am not going to deny this sub. Forcing you to post a few times more would be unfair and not really deserved. Therefore, it is with a great deal of reluctance that I will approve this.

However, if we get reports of them being overused, especially in PVP, or of them sprouting up all over the place I will be most displeased.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom