Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Forbidden Knowledge

You do realize that Jedi collect them too, right? To keep them from falling into the wrong hands? And I didn’t even find a holocron! I bought an old lightsaber, whoop-dee-doo.

She didn’t even like lightsabers. They were terrifying cylinders of fiery death. She had bought it as a consolation prize, thinking perhaps that she might be able to give it as a gift to a friend. Which, at this time, she had only one friend, who was also her boyfriend… who was also the only real reason she was still with the Sith. Look, it’s not often that you find a male ginger who is actually handsome on top of having a great personality, so cut her a frakking break…

But whatever. It was all semantics anyway. And cad-boy was determined to be the “best Jedi ever”, so it wasn’t a good idea to argue.

Yeah yeah, I’m sure, Boy Blunder. What do you want to do, fight me in the middle of the street?

There was no small part of Brandyn that wanted to protest her words, especially the title that she had given him. Years of living with Briana and Blaire had taught him to stand up to insults and boisterous young women, but it was his mother's training that most held sway in the moment. He also could see his father's look of disapproval that was surely imminent.

"Perhaps...an apology is in order..."

The crowd behind him could be heard bustling about a little, Brandyn cast a glance over his shoulder to see his families personal security team members walking out of the crowd.

"Master Sal-Soren...your parents wish to speak with you," said the woman at the front of the triangular arranged squad of security officers, she spoke with a low timbre that belied her petite frame.

A grimace spread across his face as he turned back to face the woman who he had presumptively accused of being a Sith. It would be a long time for him to live this down. Briana would insure it.

"I beg your forgiveness, ma'am. My imagination is far too active, and clearly I do not have the wisdom to discern between imagined threats and real threats."

"Master Sal-Soren… your parents wish to speak with you.”

Ishani’s mouth formed an O as the security team arrived on the scene. Then her gaze flicked from the stern little lady to the boy with the breadstick, and she burst out laughing.

Oh, you’re fethed, man! Your parents want to speak with you! Look at your face! You’re gonna be in trou-ble!

She was cracking up so hard that she barely heard his apology.

I almost wish I could be a fly on the wall during that conversation with your parents. ‘Oh Mom, I thought this random girl was a Sith! So I tried to fight her with a breadstick!’ Ahhhhhahahahaha!

The over the top aspect of her laughter brought a fired his ire to no small degree, but with the situation as it stood he settled for only squeezing the bread in his hand 'extra hard'. Fingers broke through the crispy crust of the elongated loaf with a crunch. The softer interior brought Brandyn's attention to his current state of mind, and the anger he was beginning to feel.

Everything he had learned about the Jedi said that he could not give into this anger. The bread was cast aside just a moment before he felt a hand on his shoulder.

The embittered expression fell away to have the rueful, wounded Loth-wolf pup expression return. He had been justifiably ridiculed.

"I am glad you finding some pleasure in this," he said, not intending his words to be as snippy as they came out, "apologies...again...I should watch my tone."

"Come now, Master Sal-Soren. Your mother has been aprised of your safety. You must come with us now."

Obediantly, Brandyn turned with the guiding hand of the guard on his shoulder and marched with head down back towards the market square where the family speeder awaited on the far side.

"When you went after the Sith alone...I was so scared for you...I went and found security," Davian murmured. Brandyn shot him a punishing glare. There would be a fist fight over this matter later, for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom