Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For Who We Are (Jezza Shado)

Michael Shado

Alor of Clan Shado
Ka'ra Keldab

It was cheating to use the mechanical arm in a work out session, and it didn't help that his only flesh and bone arm had metal fibers to assist in it's functioning. Still, Michael was in the gym section of the homestead, using his living arm to pull himself to a bar that was eight feet high. His body produced sweat more and more with each pull, his body working together to keep himself steady. The Mando worked out when things did not make sense, he worked out when he felt like it, and when it was time to keep his body in shape.

The clan had something good going, but it didn't keep from wearing down on Michael's own psyche to be a leader. Already one could see a few white hairs in his beard. Right now, he just needed to get away from it, needed to relax, needed something that kept him from thinking about what his role was in life. All he wanted right now was some peace and quiet, but as usual, fellow members of the clan appeared in the gym, getting ready for their daily routine.

"Oi, Alor, keep it going!"

One of them complimented him. In retrospect, Michael's body was nearly peak condition, and was hardened to withstand the brutal preoccupations of battle. It didn't, however, mean his mind was. In fact, he was a perfect example of a human being under stress right now. After hitting pull up number one hundred, he dropped, and caught his breath. His arm ached, but it would mean it would be well balanced with what Kent had done for him, a new, stronger arm.

Giving his vod a slight nod of the head, he exited the gym.

[member="Jezza Shado"]

The sound of the water flowing into the pool beneath was beginning to have its usual calming effect. Breathing slowly and deeply, Jezza closed her eyes focusing only on the water.
Relaxing slightly, Jezza began examining one at a time, the emotions that were bombarding her from all directions. Up until recently, life had been fairly routine bordering on boring. Michael's arrival had changed all that. The alor and Cerasi had rekindled a part of Jezza's nature that had lain dormant since the passing of her parents. The deaths of her about had left Jezza emotionally unstable, it had taken her a long time to regain control by shutting down that portion of herself. Michael and Cerasi's appearance in her life had stirred old ghosts. Not one to burden others with her stresses, Jezza had said nothing to either of them. Michael had his own worries and did not need her adding to them. As far as Cerasi, Jezza felt it her role to look out for the young dalyc, unloading her worries on Cerasi was unacceptable in Jezza's mind. Opening her eyes, Jezza had held back the tears long enough. Jezza sat silently, gazing at the water as the tears flowed freely.

Michael Shado

Alor of Clan Shado
[member="Jezza Shado"]

He rotated his right arm, finding it hard to move it any. Maybe a nice bath would help, but what kind of bath? The waterfall could help ease his mind, and give him a clear sense of what was important and still be able to please his pleasures. Michael took his black shirt and put it over his shoulder as he made his way to the bath that Jezza had showed him. For the most part, he was used to being alone, in a bar, overly drunk, and broke. Now, he had money, people surrounded him, and he did not know what to do with all the new stimulants that had been pushed onto him by his parents. Alor, what was being alor?

As he emerged from the path, he saw Jezza relaxing in the pool herself, and went to turn but thought he heard something that could sound like crying, or sobs. Maybe it was just the water. Still, he walked up to the pool, and slowly slid into it as he spoke:

"That's not a good look for you mesh'la."

Once the tears began, she knew fighting them was hopeless. As her tears became sobs Jezza was not concerned about privacy. She was the only one who ever came to the waterfall, it was a distance from Ka'ra Keldab that few cared to venture.
Oblivious to her surroundings, she didn't heat his approach. His voice startled her almost as much as the concern she could here in his voice. Quickly silencing her sobs she turned toward the sound, how had he gotten so close without her realizing it. Michael entered the pool, his eyes searching hers for an explanation.
Managing a less than stellar smile, Jezza quickly decided to deflect the question rather than answer it. Michael had enough stress with becoming the Alor, Jezza knew he questioned his parents wisdom in choosing him as their successor. He had earned a special place in her heart from their first meeting and that bond had only grown stronger. Her pride and sense of honor would not allow her to add to his stress, it was her role to support and protect him. "What brings you here?" she asked hoping to avoid the question she saw in his eyes.

Michael Shado

Alor of Clan Shado
[member="Jezza Shado"]

Michael's eyes stared at her for a second, seeing what she was doing, deflecting the questions, and prying of her past. So, he bit in for a little, and decided to leave it be for now.

"I was working out, my body is out of balance between my arms. Gotta get my other arm back into tip top shape. I can barely move it.."

He let it sink into the water, nice and warm. His muscles began to relax as he kept the other arm out of the water. It could resist the water, but it wasn't something he really wanted in it. Michael lounged further into the water, his face halfway submerged in the water now.

"Why are you here?"

"I come here to think. So much is happening so fast that I need to take time to breathe." Averting her eyes from his, she stared off in the distance. As much as she didn't want to burden him, she knew she couldn't avoid talking to him about what was bothering her for much longer. Michael had a way of coaxing her into pouring out her worries, even when she didn't want to. From day one, they had shared a natural ease that demanded absolute trust, honesty, and loyalty. Jezza knew that the whirlwind of emotions that ran through her some days were borderline crazy and she tried to keep them under control. Michael somehow seemed to recognize her struggle and refused to allow her to deal with them completely alone. The thoughts tumbled through her mind so erratically that she had no hope of being able to explain coherently. "I don't know how to explain." she whispered softly.

Michael Shado

Alor of Clan Shado
[member="Jezza Shado"]

Michael's metallic fingers tapped on the edge of the pool, but not in annoyance, in thought. He had little ticks here, and there, things he did when he was thinking, or in a certain mood.

"Yeah...we have been making a lot of progress...I didn't think we would pick up so much work so fast...We arn't fully prepared for some of these jobs...but I have things in the works..."

He stopped.

The man could tell she was in pain, but didn't know how to go about it, Jin would know, Jin knew how to get women to talk, dude was playboy out of Korriban.

Eventually, his mouth move, but stopped when he heard her voice.

"Do you best then, that's I ever ask of ya'll, your best."

'My best doesn't feel like enough. I would die to protect any member of our aliit, but we both know I am not the natural fighter. I worry the more I go with you on jobs, I actually present more risk than help." she whispered. " There are other worries, but I will not trouble you with those. You have enough going on Alor, I do not want to add to it unnecessarily." As his fingers continued tapping the side of the pool, Jezza found the monotonous ticking sound soothing and began allowing herself to relax slightly.

Michael Shado

Alor of Clan Shado
[member="Jezza Shado"]

He leaned his head back into the side of the pool as he closed his eyes. If it was not one thing it was another, and they were all his problems.

"Ya know, I would rather deal with your problems than deal with mine right now."

Michael opened his eyes, and looked Jezza dead in the face, starring into her soul.

"I need a break, and this will be a nice change of pace."

"I think we could both use a break from the worries." Jezza whispered gently holding his gaze. A mischievous thought popped into her mind, without taking the time to think it through, Jezza moved quickly splashing him with water. She darted quickly just out side his reach and splashed him again. They had both spent way too much time being serious, they needed a little fun.

Michael Shado

Alor of Clan Shado
[member="Jezza Shado"]

Water washed over his face, wetting his hair, and the rest of his body as Jezza splashed him. He shook his head laughing, shaking off the water in his hair, and opened his eyes once more. Michael got out, took a few steps back then jumped back in for a cannon ball, creating a huge splash.

As he resurfaced, he spoke.

"You crazy."

Jezza couldn't move fast enough to dodge the waves made by his cannonball. Feeling the water wash over her, she couldn't contain her laughter. When he resurfaced, she was ready to attack again. The words calling her crazy had barely escaped his lips when she splashed him again. The sound of his laughter music to her ears,she continued pelted him with waves of water. Staying just outside his reach, Jezza's laughter continued. "Crazy? That may be an understatement!" Jezza grinned and winked at her Alor.

Michael Shado

Alor of Clan Shado
[member="Jezza Shado"]

Rolling his eyes with a smile, Michael turned around to lay on the edge of the pool as he rested his head on the ground. The warmth of the water eased his aching muscles and his mind. That and being in good company, this was a good time to relax.

"I think, we are going to fast. We will burn out and crumble. Times like this needed more."

Breathing in, and taking a small peak over his shoulder at Jezza, he began kicking his legs to make more splashes.

"Cause, ya know, we Mandos like to have splash wars apparently. Such ferociousness.."

All thoughts of worry left her mind with each fit of laughter. He was right, they needed to relax and have fun more often. Eventually she tired of splashing him and laid back in the water allowing herself to float. Jezza occasionally looked to where he relaxed at the side of the pool and smiled contentedly. She felt no need to speak,she was enjoying the quiet time as the water carried her closer to him. Closing her eyes, Jezza basked in the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom