Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For The God Shall Raise An Army I RMIA contract thread

40678bae590796a3220226619d95f9b5.jpg

For many armies were a given, an every day thing that they saw as just another part of life. But for Ardgal, this was more than just a passing phase or a "thing you saw" around every planet. For this mercenary, militaries were a passion, something he saw as his life, his all, his calling. It didn't help that the Vong had tortured and shaped him, convincing him that he was a deity of war. But that was beside the point, the point was he was a general, an army maker, and a warrior through and through.

He thought these things as he looked over the training troops running drills through the jungle like path along Rodia. Yes, this base was small, out of the way, and off most all planetary registrations, but that was what he liked about it. Stealth. Quiet. No one would have a reason to come out here, except to possibly to get lost--or die at the hands of Raxis Mercenaries and Independent Arms.

However, the general was expecting company, someone who wanted an army for their own devices, he stood by waiting patiently for the client to arrive.

[member="Abraxis"]

Titan

Abraxis walked off his shuttle, acompanied by his guard, and looked around. Seeing who he thought was the man he was supposed to meet, Abraxis walked over to the man. All the while staying calm and collected. "I believe that you are the man I contacted?" Abraxis asked as he glanced around, and had to step out of the way of a group of troops.

[member="Ardgal Raxis"]

Ardgal watched as the shuttle landed upon the duracrete landing pad that made up his military base. As the owner descended to the ground, the general gave a professional smile and extended his calloused hand. The best generals all came from hardworking soldiers, soldiers like Ardgal Raxis who had fought on the frontlines more times than not.

"General Raxis at your service," Ardgal said with a half smile, when his hand was shaken he folded it with his other behind his back. An old habit that came from addressing his soldiers many times throughout the years. Ordo had assumed this position all the time, now Ardgal found himself assuming so many of the same mannerisms and turn of phrases.

"I hope your journey was pleasant," the general began politely. Time was never too short to extend good manners and such. "Now, good sir, am I correct in assuming you had placed an army request on the darknet? What specifications would you prefer for this army?"

[member="Abraxis"]

Titan

"The jornuey was fine. As for the army, I need a heavy assault unit." Abraxis told [member="Ardgal Raxis"], ignoring the man's outstreched hand. Abraxis was here on buissness, there was for time for formalities. He needed to get the job done, and quick. Impatience ran rampant as he waited.

Heavy Assault Units. They were incredibly expensive, not just to arm but also to train and exceedingly rare. It took a great deal of time to turn even a good soldier into one worthy of the term "Heavy assault unit"--let alone a farm boy. While Ardgal knew he and his Alpha Company Commandos could do it---well it was a matter of how much the man was able and willing to pay, how many he needed, and that sort of thing.

"Well, that does narrow it down some," Ardgal said motioning for Abraxis to follow him on the path. He began walking down the dirt way. Around them there were soldiers training, drilling, and preparing for war. Some wore only track shorts and tee shirts. Typical running gear. Others were running full gear drills. Ardgal didn't believe in minor training, he wanted his soldiers to know their armor like a second skin on their bodies.

"However, there are a few other details I do need to know," the general continued, "Such as how many you need, to what specification, and what type of armament you do prefer."

There were any number of possibilities for the answer of course. A wise buyer would take time to think before answer. Shock troopers, Forced Recon, Commandos, Hussars, and heavy cavalry were just a few examples of Heavy Assault units, and there were dozens more. And among that there were even more variations than suns on weapons and armor.

[member="Abraxis"]

Titan

"I would say 15 men should suffice." Abraxis had known that when he had first arrived, the other questions would take a little longer to answer. After a couple minuets of silence, Abraxis would continue. "Shock troopers prefferably." Abraxis pondered for a little on the weapons and armor, "Eukar'Kandar should suffice armour wise and as for the weapons, semi automatic pistols and full auto rifles should be good."

[member="Ardgal Raxis"]

Ardgal gave a nod listening to the request. Fifteen troops were highly manageable. It was better than some--who would expect a legion of soldiers at beck and call for a few tin creds. He loathed it when those beings came knocking on his door, the didn't respect the process of training, the soldiers themselves or the sense of honor that came with donning armor of the most noble type.

"I can train them," he said as they made the path lead them threw the sandpits. On either side soldiers were laboring in the most tedious if not demeaning exercises the drill sargents could contrive, all while screaming an endless stream of profanities and comments about their mothers and genitals. To make a good warrior, of course, you had to break them first, to harden them for the trauma of war. And of course, sand made everything harder and irritated the skin. If they couldn't stand this, then well, they didn't deserve to be a soldier of any type.

"I trust you will provide Eukar'Kandar for them?" he said looking to the man, "Otherwise I am afraid, I shall have to charge an extreme premium for its acquisition." Of course he provided discount for those who helped him acquire gear for their soldiers but it was still radically expensive.

"For other specifications; are you preferable to a certain species?" he continued, "For those of mixed humanoid descent, such as near humans, twi'leks, Rodians, Tortugas and the like, I do not incur an extra expense. For those of a specific species I do charge an extra percentage. Its more challenging to find those qualified of course. Humans are an extra 5%, rare species like wookiees are an extra 50%, and those of highly exotic natures such as Vong and Clawdites can be anywhere from 200-500% more for their challenging natures."

[member="Abraxis"]

Titan

[member="Ardgal Raxis"]

"Any species is fine." Abraxis replied, "The armor I will most definently provide." he turned his head to the side, "Could you estimate the cost?"

"Of course," Ardgal said as they reached his office building.

In reality it wasn't that impressive exactly, to the common eye. It was a clunky duracrete bunker made for practicality over beauty. The hard edges and sharp lines spoke more of militant design than comfort. In that way it matched Ardgal quite well. The door slid open and he led the man down two halls to his own office. The rest of the building was predominated with the lesser officer's offices. Try saying that too fast and you'd probably twist your tongue in two.

Ardgal's own was rather spartan; two chairs for clients sat on the close side of the durasteel desk the size of a small air craft carrier that was clean, organized, and highly systematic. On the far wall were a pair of bookshelves and maps that outlined the local area, the planet, and the galaxy. A general had to be ready for all things at all times after all.

Ardgal moved to his side of the desk and picked up a datapad, punching in a few numbers.

"Its very systematic," he explained, "Highly organized. I utilize a varriety of intergers and exponents to comprendum the results of the bill and itemize it on your receipt. I multiply the amount of soldiers you desire by the training style integer. After that I tabulate any a la cart specialities such as weapons, gear, and any required odd training for that. Factoring overhead, recruitment time, and then any further expenses I come up with the initial estimate," he showed the screen to his client, "And when I have completed that, I add in an specialty fees such as percentage for races and the like. Your initial total is going to be 850,000 credits, plus any arising expenditures such as medical bills, legal fees, and so on. Those bills will be forwarded to your account for ethical reasons and accountability.

"Now, how would you prefer to pay? And do you wish to have anything else added to this order?"

[member="Abraxis"]

Titan

"No that should be all." Abraxis tapped a button sending the money to [member="Ardgal Raxis"]'s account. "Transfer complete, enjoy your money while I enjoy my troops. Once they'ev done what I want them for I'll sned the back to you." A worthy investment for what he was about to do.

The credits transferred to the shell account that Ardgal set up for this transaction. A ping notification on his comm alerted Ardal, and he gave a satisfied nod. It was a necessary measure to use shell accounts and that sort of thing to ensure the safety of his men and business. Not everyone wanted to play fair when it came to providing their monetary compensation for goods and services, even moreso when it came to mercenary work.

The general quirked an eyebrow, "Oh, sir? I apologize, there appears to be a misunderstanding. The troops will be yours. They will be your private fighting force to tend, repair, keep up, arm, and provide medical relief for. These soldiers are yours to keep and do as you see fit until you fire them, or they die."

Of course, there were the added expenses of paying them in the long run until they were fired or otherwise. However, Ardgal didn't consider it a wise investment to fire hardened and well trained shock troopers they tended to be a great asset to keep on hand, but one day at a time.

[member="Abraxis"]

Titan

"Hm, I assumed that they were rented or something." Abraxis replied, "But that is good news." Abraxis turned, "If there are no other details, may I leave?"

[member="Ardgal Raxis"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom