Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public For Hire

Tatooine, a planet where most stories seem to start, was also the beginning for the young Mandalorian, Signal. He arrived on the planet, not really expecting anything out of it, he just left his home planet Mandalore and was eager to start his life as a bounty hunter. He walked through the busy streets of Mos Eisley and found a Cantina to take a seat and get some rest after his long journey. He walked in catching the attention of everyone with his shiny beskar armor. Scanning the room, realizing no one's really a threat to him, he continues walking and finds an empty booth in the corner of the cantina. However, someone suddenly grabbed his shoulder and without flinching, Signal turned around, pulling out his vibroblade placing it against the stranger's neck.

"Hold it! I was just about to ask you what you wanted!" It was the bartender. Signal lowered his blade slowly. "Whatever you recommend." Signal has been around the galaxy before, however, he hasn't really been able to stick around and see what the planet offered due to him being needed elsewhere to fight constantly. Finally, Signal sat down in the booth and leaned back to relax for the first time in a long time.

OOC Notes: Hey! Thanks for reading, I know it isn't the best but I'm here to improve my writing and story telling skills as English isn't my first language so any feedback would be appreciated :) <3

Gluk, Stock, and Two Smoking Lasers
"Now one would think," said Jerec Asyr to the bartender, "that the galaxy's biggest, longest-lasting government going limp would leave any given planet wanting more. But Tatooine is thriving."

He was referring to the very recent collapse of the Confederacy of Independent Systems. He'd come out here in hopes of picking up used ships cheaply. So far, though, times weren't quite hard enough to make people desperate to sell. His ship's hangar held a few dusty shuttlepods and that was it.

The bartender grunted and moved on, leaving Jerec to finish his third cheap drink. The tipsy Ithorian got up and headed out. He paused as he noticed Signal Signal

"Mando! Want to make some money?"

Signal sat up hearing his name being called out amongst the loud cantina. He couldn't really make out who was calling his name but finally noticed Jerec Asyr Jerec Asyr who has now walked to his booth. "Take a seat," Signal said, eager to hear about the job, "tell me more."

Jerec slumped into the booth. After three cans of lum on an empty stomach, he honestly didn't feel so good. Rough day, lots of bad luck. Running into a Mando mercenary, however, was a sign that his luck might be changing.

"I'm Captain Jerec Asyr," the Ithorian spacer said. "I refit and sell used ships. There's a real nice star yacht crashed in the Dune Sea, but its security systems have more firepower than I can handle alone. I'll pay you, uh, three hundred Underworld Credits to help me out for one day."

Signal Signal

"Another Rhuvian Fizz bartender, please."

Paila smiled appreciatively at the bartender who nodded and handed her the drink. He then collected her four empty glasses from the counter and made his way down the bar to help another patron. She swiveled in her chair to face the rest of the cantina, her eyes perused the scene while she sipped her drink. A few patrons were clustered in small groups or sitting alone at the bar, same as Paila. All seemed in a generally jolly mood, chatting in muted tones or humming along with the music playing from a speaker overhead.

Paila yearned to feel as jolly as the people around her looked, she was far from jolly. The past 48 hours had not been kind to her. It started well, a meet up with a buyer who was interested in purchasing a sword that dated back centuries. Paila was particularly proud of that sword, she had been working on an excavation site here on Tatooine for months with little success when she discovered a cave system that had once been a hideout for somebody with an expensive taste in weaponry. A collapse had sealed it off for hundreds of years until Paila discovered it. After spreading word on the black market of her finds, she had plenty of buyers lined up. Her first meetup went seamlessly, she unloaded all of her finds for a very comfortable sum. It was only when she went to purchase a celebratory dinner that she discovered the money had been counterfeit.

Paila downed the rest of her drink, got the attention of the bartender, and signaled for another. She sighed. She was getting sloppy, or counterfeiters were getting smarter. Usually she could tell spot fake money from a mile away. And now was not the time for mistakes, business was slow. You can't always predict when or where you'll find precious artifacts. She needed money, or soon she'd be selling from her personal collection just to get by.

She turned her attention back to her drink when she overheard a conversation in the booth across from her between an Ithorian and a mandalorian.

There's a real nice star yacht crashed in the Dune Sea, but its security systems have more firepower than I can handle alone. I'll pay you, uh, three hundred Underworld Credits to help me out for one day."

Paila's ears perked. That sounded like a job. With the courage of one to many Rhuvian Fizzes she strode over to their booth and sat down next to the Ithorian.

"You know, I couldn't help but overhear you two and I think it would be a crime if I didn't come over here and offer my services. I'm Paila, by the way. And I think you could use someone with my skill set. I spent a few months out in the Dune Sea.... It can be a difficult place to navigate if you aren't familiar with the area. You know, sleep in the wrong cave... you get sand maggots growing in your ears, not a pretty sight. Not to mention, I know my way around a star yacht. So... when do we start?" She said with a grin.

Signal Signal Jerec Asyr Jerec Asyr

Signal was a little displeased at the price that Jerec Asyr Jerec Asyr was offering, but, he did take into account that he’s just started and he can’t go into negotiating without having a proper reputation yet. Works with me, anything else I need to kn-

Signal was interrupted by the stranger who introduced themselves as Paila Olphes Paila Olphes . Instantly, Signal grew wary of them, as he does with everyone he meets. However, understanding that he doesn’t know this planet nearly as much as others do, he glanced at the captain seeing what he thinks, and if he agrees, whether or not he’d split his original price or give the stranger their own.

Jerec pondered his available funds. Paying for a second helper might be tight, but a local guide could only help.

"Done and done," he said. "Three hundred for each of you, and if I sell the ship for a decent price soon, maybe I'll send a little something extra your way. Sound fair?"

Paila Olphes Paila Olphes Signal Signal

Paila grinned and extended her hand to the Ithorian to shake on their deal.

"I think this is the start of a wonderful friendship. You two got names?"

She sensed the wary eyes of the Mandalorian. It didn't surprise her, she knew Mandalorians were cautious by nature. With time she knew he'd come to see her as an ally rather than a threat. That is, as long as he gave her no reason to be a threat. She wasn't going to this mission unprotected, though not completely confident in her skills with the force, she knew enough to get out of a less than favorable situation if need be. Though hopefully it didn't come to that, she could use more friends than enemies (of which she had more than enough of).

Signal Signal Jerec Asyr Jerec Asyr

The name’s Signal. Signal was a little less uptight about the situation know that he’ll still be able to keep his original 300 price tag without sharing.

Signal may be cautious about others naturally, however, he does know that having allies and people by his side rather than against him is obviously an advantage in this galaxy, but he will keep an eye on them.
So, where do we start?

Jerec Asyr Jerec Asyr Paila Olphes Paila Olphes

"And I'm Jerec Asyr," said Jerec Asyr. "I desperately need to sober up, so here's the three hundred in advance for each of you, and I'm going to, uh, nap. Meet me at the watering hole at the edge of town at sunset. Just follow the smell of dewbacks and rontos."

Slapping the money down on the table, the Ithorian used-ship dealer stumbled away.

Paila Olphes Paila Olphes Signal Signal

As he watched Jerec Asyr Jerec Asyr walk away, Signal grabbed his portion of the money off the table and put it in his pouch. He gulped down the remaining of his drink and got up to head for the exit to explore Tatooine while making his way to the watering hole slowly. He looked back and glanced at Paila Olphes Paila Olphes , as if he was examining them one more time making sure they weren’t a threat, before exiting the cantina.

Tye Cahspur

A wretched hive of scum and villainy
The streets of Mos Eisley were Tye's least favorite place in the galaxy. It was hotter than a bantha's undercarriage and smelled just as bad. One couldn't move more than three paces in any direction without bumping into a flock of clueless mercenaries, drunks, or both.

This particular morning wasn't a very good one either. This was just meant to be a pitstop for fuel when the ingition on his ship sparked out. Now he was stranded in this forsaken pit of a world while shady mechanics scrapped his already junk ship in the name of "repairs".

So here he was, looking for some outlet to milk some credits from. anything to get out of here. His eyes scanned the crowds looking for something or someone that would present an opportunity. It was then when he saw
Paila Olphes Paila Olphes , a young girl accompanied by a Mandalorian of all things. Perfect.

Tye approached the two, using the time to brew up a plan in his head. He factored in any variables he could, but this early in the process that was almost impossible. He would have to buy his way into their situation and then evaluate any profitable circumstances.

After a moment, Tye had finally reached the two.

"Good morning" Tye spoke in a deep and commanding voice. "I am Casper, a Jedi looking for transport off this world. Official Jedi business, as fate would have it. Are you capable of lending any assistance?"

It was a risky play, but worth the reward.

Having been suspicious of his new companions already, Signal was wary of anyone who approaches them beyond that point. After looking away at some merchants for just a second, he looked towards Paila Olphes Paila Olphes 's general direction and noticed that Tye Cahspur Tye Cahspur is starting to walk towards them.

Signal grabbed the handle of his vibroblade that's strapped behind him. After hearing the Jedi's scenario he loosened his grip on his blade, realizing that he wouldn't win in a fight with a Jedi. We can't help you. Then grabs Paila and starts walking away from the stranger, taking her with him, not trusting that he'd be any benefit to their mission.

Jerec Asyr Jerec Asyr

Paila downed the rest of her drink and stood to follow Signal out of the cantina. The air was full of more hope than it had before her chance meeting inside. She eagerly anticipated sunset, and the start of this mission.

Just then, they were approached by a man who called himself Casper.
"I am Casper, a Jedi looking for transport off this world. Official Jedi business, as fate would have it. Are you capable of lending any assistance?"​

"Ah crap." Paila thought. Just what she needed, a Jedi eager to for a pat on the back from his superiors. What better way then to bring in a wanted criminal. If he hadn't realized who she was yet, or her history with the Jedis, he soon would. Fight or flight relaxes started to engage and Paila was preparing to knock the man to the ground and run when she felt the Mandalorian grab her wrist and yank her in the opposite direction. "Hey!" she exclaimed. Once they were a safe distance from the Jedi she pulled her arm out of his grip. "Let's limit the man handling to never again, alright Mando?" She frowned at him and rubbed her now sore wrist. "But ah... thanks for getting us out of there. Let's just say the Jedi and I have a... rocky history." She glanced behind her to see if Casper would follow, or if he would look elsewhere for his ride.

Signal Signal Tye Cahspur Tye Cahspur Jerec Asyr Jerec Asyr

Got it, sorry about that. Signal was apologetic about dragging Paila Olphes Paila Olphes away from the strange man but felt like it was the only way to get out of the situation quickly. Just that something didn't seem right about that guy. Should we continue towards the watering hole then?

As they continued their journey towards the rendezvous point at the edge of town, Signal pondered over what Paila said to him.
Let's just say the Jedi and I have a... rocky history.
What did she mean by "rocky history"? Was she just going to be more trouble and interfere with the mission?

As they arrived at the watering hole, waiting for Jerec Asyr Jerec Asyr , Signal couldn't help but ask. Back there, what did you mean you had a rocky history with the Jedi? He wasn't sure what answer he was expecting but he had to know to decide whether or not his new "ally" could truly be trusted.

Tye Cahspur Tye Cahspur

Last edited:
"You over extended your hand big time partner." Cord said to one Tye Cahspur Tye Cahspur . "Tatooine's not a place where appeal to authority is your best bet. Half this planet is mercenaries, bounty hunters, and bounties looking to lie low, and the other half has been farming moisture for too long to care about Jedi nonsense."

Cord spat some chew onto the sand next to him. Something told him this man was a con artist, but there was just enough chance he was a Jedi that Cord preferred to find out. Alchemists weren't exactly favored by such folk, and Cord preferred to stay out of prison.

"So Casper" Cord lst the name hang in such a way that implied he didn't trust the name. "You just looking for transport off world and figured the shiny helmet man was rich enough to get you off, hunh?"

SUNSET
EDGE OF TOWN
Signal Signal Paila Olphes Paila Olphes

Come sunset, at the edge of town, Jerec arrived at the rendezvous spot. While sober now, he sensed the beginning of a terribly-timed hangover. His weapon of choice for this expedition was a gigantic durasteel thermos of caf.

He looked around the desert townscape, peering into the shadows. He bitterly regretted paying them in advance, and the state of day drinking that had led to such poor judgment. But hey, maybe they'd turn up after all for that promised cut of the prize.

Or maybe they'd gone ahead already. Had he told them enough to let them find the ship on their own? He couldn't recall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom