Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For here or to go?

Pizza Hutt was, for some weird reason, mostly confined to Hutt space, even after expanding on Glyss, Abregado-Rae and Dulvoyinn. It has been years since Jessica even set foot in Silver Jedi space, let alone in its capital. When Ringo Vinda was last in Silver Jedi space, it was before both Charzon and her were excommunicated in the wake of the Korriban massacre. These days, it would seem that the main thing Jessica was doing was to train other Jedi in what she called the Elemental Trio: pyrokinesis, cryokinesis, Electric Judgment. She heard about how [member="Honoko"] was a Mandalorian Jedi, so she kind of expected someone that used a beskar'gam and a lightsaber; then again, the main three ingredients are a baseline from which to build a Mandalorian Jedi. Voss: the next big location for Pizza Hutt. Would Honoko actually like eating Pizza Hutt? At this point, the Sephi padawan was invited in the then-under-construction Pizza Hutt restaurant, where Jessica greeted her:

"Welcome, young one. Before we begin, what is it that you know how to do with the Force?"

Negative Prime

Space Elf.. its a thing apparently.
[member="Jessica Med-Beq"]
Skev this was real. she was going to learn Jedi stuff. Hono had to thank her Alor for putting in a few good words.
still here she was. looking more like a bag of kek tied in the middle.
the woman before her was a hulk.
" Umm i expect Kami put my name forward? and to answer your question, verry little. other than a few thungs like jumps i can use the force to boost my boddy. Mando's kind of frown at the whole space magic thing." she admitted.

"Kami? I worked with her on a few occasions. Like Asop. If what she says is accurate, you may be using mechu-deru without knowing it. But a few of the best-known Mandos capable of using the Force are perhaps names known to you: Draco Vereen, Cathul, Rianna, or perhaps even the Daemons"

She rememebers having broached the topic of Mandalorian Jedi with Sorel Crieff before she could even be knighted in the first place. Each clan had different attitudes towards the Force: while, of course, Clans Vereen, Lok, Meran and Daemon accepted people using either side of the Force, Clans Spar, Mantis and Vendet had no tolerance for FUs. There were few standards to adhere to, and they were very uneven: the only constants were the suits of beskar and the lightsabers. Several of them came to Jessica to learn mechu-deru, before Jessica even knew any Force-powers other than mechu-deru and Force-sense. But, around [member="Honoko"], droids began to assemble the durasteel beams into place. Much like any of the people mining beskar. Before long, Jessica also used telekinesis to lift a durasteel beam off the ground, until the Sephi apprentice successfully welds the beam, using pyrokinesis. The worst in all that is that the pyrokinesis part hasn't arrived yet, if the agenda given is any indication. Jessica then places a rivet in front of Honoko and she herself holds the beam into place using telekinesis.

"Today's agenda features three items: telekinesis, pyrokinesis and cryokinesis: if you have any energy left at the end of it, you may learn Electric Judgment. But let's begin with telekinesis. Try moving the rivet into position without physically touching it"

Negative Prime

" only ever heard of them. " Honoko admitted taking a seat. " ahh sorry im Honoko of the Clan Meran. where are my manners? " she offered a hand.
she has little to no real training.
" Mecha?? what? im a mechanic by trade an a combat engineer. is that what you mean? " she hated these new words.
she rubbed her hands in her hair.
" Yeah sure ltelly thingy or whatever. i can do that.. i think. " she said worrying. great she had no idea how to do any of that thing.

"For the first one, many mechu-deru practitioners are, like you, combat engineers or mechanics. As for the second one, you mean telekinesis"

[member="Honoko"] looks pretty confused right now; then again it was pretty normal for practitioners of the Force in the early stages of training. Sure, she feels that Honoko may not be a prime candidate for Jedi training, but the manpower requirements of Force-cults outstripped the supply of prime-quality candidates these days, in which case less-than-ideal candidates were trained anyway. Meanwhile, construction crews continued to place beams in position so that work on the restaurant on Voss could continue around the duet. Hopefully the Silver Jedi authorities won't notice that, while I was excommunicated among the SJ ranks, Pizza Hutt is the one of my three companies that didn't take a hit in SJ space, she thought. Perhaps it was time to give another explanation that might make sense to the Sephi padawan, given her background as a combat engineer or as a mechanic. Maybe... maybe the tractor beam thing would work!

"Think of your hands as a tractor beam emitter"

Negative Prime

Ok ok this was a simple concept picture a marionette or as she was told a tractor field.
she focused on the Rivet. a obvious biff design with its diamond cross cut design.
she transfixed on the rivet willing it to slowly but surely move.
slowly it rose flopping.slightly.
it was akin to using an entropic limb a muscle she never used but had to. it was also slightly like swallowing you'r pride.
similar to a word stickinh intou'r throught.
" Look it's Moving. this is so Volt."

"Good. Before we move on to the next lesson, I would like you to place the other rivet into place, using telekinesis"

The first rivet, installed by [member="Honoko"], was not enough to ensure the beam's stability. Hopefully the second rivet was in position. Until the second rivet is in place, she would then have to continue to use telekinesis to keep the beam in position; this was going to drain her Force-batteries even though, in computational terms, she could do it without any effort. Just a simple application of F = ma on a vertical three-meter durasteel beam, which weighs a little over half her own weight. (Or rather, the mass of the beam was a little over half Jessica's mass, but Jessica was about triple the mass of Honoko) Hopefully Honoko would get it much more easily this time around. And then she can be shown pyrokinesis and cryokinesis: too many people think of space magic mostly as a weapon, while, in fact, it is more than just a weapon: it is a tool, she thought, while eagerly awaiting the second attempt Honoko makes at using telekinesis for setting rivets into place.

Negative Prime

" I'd rather they use Chiss rivets to brace the thongs these look sub-par. but they should do for a non load bearing column. "
Honoko said as she focused lifting the bolt.
" This is different than i'm used too. i'm more used to the physical aspects of the force." she admitted as the bolt screwed it's self in the hole. then he pulled out a hydro spanner to tighten the rivets.
" So what now? i need to work on this build up the skill. "

"The next item in today's agenda is pyrokinesis. What would you like to eat, pizza, bread sticks, cookies, breaded fish or churros?"

Now that the beam is in place, and that the column is, as [member="Honoko"] said, non-load-bearing (that part of the restaurant is to hold a colonnade, with the mold being in place for doric columns, and an entablature to be posed on it afterward), the Sephi padawan could undertake the next lesson, while brought in the kitchen over one of the ranges. But before the lesson actually begins, she would need to know what to bring from the freezer, knowing that the freezer, heck, the whole kitchen, is fully operational. All that Honoko would have to do with pyrokinesis is to light the gas source.

Negative Prime

" What's a churro? " Honno asked slightly flummoxed.
honestly she had spent most of her life on the Meran farm learning the trade Skinning hoppers, fixing tractors and sharp shooting.
food was more just body fuel that went in one end and came out another.
still she figured that the process here would be to induce tempature variations bt fluctuatinf watter molecules.
similar too those food cookers.
those were the catering dept's feild though.
" sure lets do a cheerio." she said exitedly to [member="Jessica Med-Beq"].

Churros? [member="Honoko"] never ate those things, bur she will have to roll with it; these were twisted pastry sticks covered with cinnamon powder. Pretty sweet, but to be any good they had to be rigid. Jessica took out two frozen churros from the freezer, one each for them. Sure there's a chance that the Sephi would have little to no room left for what would come next: ice cream prepared with cryokinesis. Oh, of course, when they were busy in the kitchen, the rest of the restaurant was going to be continuing work, such as installing other non-load-bearing columns that will still bear a doric entablature on them (unlike ionic or corinthian columns, which could be fluted or not, doric columns needed to be fluted). And the flooring, too. Red carpet in the dining areas, ceramic tiles in the washrooms and takeout area. This Pizza Hutt operation was going to be a stylish restaurant: the colonnades were going to mark the main entrance of the dining areas.

"Pyrokinesis is about making molecules dance, whereas cryokinesis is to calm them down. You can use pyrokinesis to cook, weld, cauterize or even put enemy weapons on fire, whereas cryokinesis can be used when you need cold, like in a kitchen"

Negative Prime

" essentially generating heat at the molecular level. i wonder....." she trailed off wondering if she could do so at a sub-atomic level.
she shoved those thaughts to the side and began to do as told,
she pictured on the watter molecules. causing them to .. what was it? dance?
"Realy tiu just wanted them to juct move and generate frictive heat. fimilar to fighting a fire the hard way."
soon the Pastery began to heat hardening.

"Let's eat the churros, shall we?"

So [member="Honoko"] successfully used pyrokinesis? Better eat the churro while it is still fresh, she thought, while realizing that no one she taught pyrokinesis was actually given the thermodynamical details of how the spell worked, and then proceeding to hurriedly eat her churro before its freshness runs out. Jessica then took a bowl of powdered cream, like those used for preparing one's own ice cream based on what Pizza Hutt uses, placing the bowl right in front of Honoko. Then Honoko would be pretty much out of Force-batteries, once she learns cryokinesis, or so she would think. Or simply too low for her to actually learn Electric Judgment. As she understood it, EJ is more power-intensive (and, from her standpoint, more computation-intensive). And yet, their time is limited. The path laying between the colonnades will soon receive its carpet and, if they spend too long in the kitchen, the only way out will be blocked. So they have to make every second count in the kitchen: the restaurant is due to open in a few days but, at least, they got the kitchen to work.

"If you could calm down the molecules inside the cream..."

Negative Prime

" I'll pass they look sweet im not a fan of sweets. " she admitted. What the heck did she mean? calm them down? Molecules weren't sentient.. she supposed if you made them anthropomorphic..... was she to compress them? no spread them out that was it simulate heat death.
molecules drifting far appart loseing thermal energy as it disapates in to a zero state.. focousing on the imagery Hono drifted off picturing it the deth of heat and all interaction. pure nothing. the glass cracked in the tempature shift. " ahh skev sorry [member="Jessica Med-Beq"] i was trying to work out what you meant about the Anthropomorphism stuff i thinh i caused a thermal shift. causing the china to crack."

"You might have gone a little overboard. True, cryokinesis is about making stuff colder, but, next time, you should try slowing down the molecules without making them stop completely"

The china cracked, yes, just that [member="Honoko"] refused churros before trying to make the ice cream colder using the Force. Which meant that Jessica had to eat double the churros, and the ice cream is too cold for her to safely eat. It's a little weird that the china could crack: she chose the bowl that could resist standard ice cream temperatures (about -20 Celsius or so) for a reason. To induce "heat death" to the point of such china cracking would have required a temperature akin to liquid oxygen, or even lower than that: that china was brittle in that temperature range. Then again, those condensed matter labs or chemistry labs doing low-temperature experiments didn't use ordinary mortars and pestles, or at least from what she remembered about those labs (on Corulag, Ringo Vinda, Kuat or otherwise). Chemical reactors that could withstand such cold temperatures were made with different materials that were well, not so brittle at low temperatures.

Negative Prime

Honno looked sheepish [member="Jessica Med-Beq"] admittedly she seamed to do this a bit to.. aggressively?
apparently she took it a bit too far the thing was a solid clump far to cold to eat. not that she was a fan anyway.
she was more a savory eater.. did they have a cheese ice cream?
" i'd let it settle a bit first. " she joked.
thinking to herself. " if its ok with you im going to check those braceings the bolting looks shoddy. "

"All right, the bolting may have been a little questionable, but as I said before, if the bolting seems a little loose, you may use pyrokinesis to address that"

Sure the solid clump is far too cold to eat, but the cooldown law says that the speed at which something heats up is proportional to the temperature differential. Which means that, while the restaurant becomes colder, by virtue of the HVAC systems being installed, the ice cream becomes less cold. As before, both [member="Honoko"] and Jessica had to hurry so that the bolting could be addressed before the carpeting could be installed. Of course, the roof was almost finished from the inside, so the carpeting can be safely installed in the dining areas. Oh and maybe the Sephi was referring to the roof bracings... but it may also refer to the lower levels of the bracings that support the weight of the roof. Luckily said roof is just some laminated alusteel, which means that it is pretty lightweight compared to a duracrete roof or a quadanium roof (other common materials for commercial or industrial roofs). Yet it paid to have the bases covered.

Negative Prime

Honoko looked over too [member="Jessica Med-Beq"].
" I'd rather just check them over the old fashioned way. your fault for bringing a engender in to a building site. " she joked.
" may sound stupid but can you show me any of the Medical things? " she asked slightly un easy

"Maybe another time: you seem uneasy because you're unsure about whether your remaining energy reserves would allow you to learn Force-healing or Detoxify Poison. Your thoughts betray you: it's best not to learn too many Force-powers at once. Go check the boltings as you will: I won't blame you"

OK, she acknowledged that the Sephi padawan had some skill as a structural engineer. She could probably make a good architect if that's what she wants. If she is much of a dreamer, that is: everyone and their dogs in the construction industry knows just how much of a dreamer they can be, she thought upon hearing the comment about the relationship between engineering and construction sites. [member="Honoko"] wanted to learn Force-healing? Jessica could teach her, true, just that it was prudent not to teach someone too many things in too short a time. Sure she could lecture Honoko about how wanting to learn too quickly can lead to the dark side, but, for some reason, she could feel that the Sephi may not want any more lecturing after everything she has to work on for what she learned today. By now, however, the ice cream should be more or less at a point where Jessica could safely eat it. And I need it: my mind is really fast, really active; mental speed and activity comes at the cost of having to eat more sweets than the normal person, she thought.

"Just return home once you're finished: you need some rest!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom