Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Following the Past, and into the Future

Mandalore

A planet that was known for the Mando'ade, or in translation and shortened, Mandalorians. A culture of people that were not warlike, but who knew what it meant to defend themselves. Walking down the streets of the downtown area, of a city that I did not know, I felt lost. While I tried to not act like it.

I was here in simple jeans and a t-shirt. However the combat boots I wore had calf armor and housed inside the left one a lightsaber. On my hip however, I just had a simple blaster pistol. Walking along, I twisted my hand around the bracers that were on my arms. Tightening them down. Looking over my shoulder a few times to see where I was going, I kept bumping into people. The ones who were wearing their armor hurt my shoulders. They might have felt nothing but a little push, while I felt like someone was taking their fist and punching me a few times in the shoulders.

I finally got fed up of doing that and moved to a corner where it was somewhat clear. Looking up and out around me, I needed to find where information was held about the Mandalorian Knights. Knowing my fathers name, and that he was once a Mandalorian Knight, I might be able to find out more about him.

Looking around I threw my hands up into the air in desperation.

"Why is it of all places that I get lost here?"

Maybe somebody could help me a little. I mean, even if it was just to find the information I would be fine. However, I wanted to see if I could follow my fathers footsteps. In doing so, I could discover more of my past.

For once, Ijaat was sober... He had been working on a propulsion system for his armor system, and sadly had not quite gotten it right.. a 70km an hour ride through the lower atmosphere assured he had woken and sobered up very quickly when the main system had failed. In fact, he was fairly certain that had sobered him up more than the rodian family's reaction when he had crashed into their dining room table through the roof in the middle of dinner.

A quick trip back to the shop had seen him changed, although his hair still had a bit of plaster dust and the like in it. Overall, he looked nothing so much as a mildly irritated mandalorian. He wore his full armor, though he had lightened the load by leaving the cannon and shotgun at home, and even the jetpack, since he had finally fixed up his armor's wrist blaster. Belted to his side was a beautifully worked beskar saber, and strapped to his back was his massive two handed warhammer, still humming with latent repulsor energies.

Spying a young and utterly lost looking man in plain clothes, Ijaat walked up to him and put on the best smile he could. Something of the young man put him of a mind of his son, Tinaj. Perhaps it was the way he wore the same startled and curious look when gazing about keldabe. Or perhaps it was just the stance of innate confidence. Either way, he was oddly compelled to help the lad.

"Lost there boy? Keldabe is confusing... Where are you trying to get to? I can recommend a few good bars if that's what you're after, though the girls here might pack more a punch than even the whiskey, if that's possible where tihaar is concerned..."

[member="Xander Carrick"]

Looking around for the voice that suddenly started speaking to me, I found a Mandalorian in white armor. A bit of gold trim was along it as well. I looked at him confused when he called me boy. I might have long hair because I hadn't cut it in a time, but the filled beard should be a sign that I was not actually a kid. I hadn't been one for a long while now. Still I smiled when he offered to show me some bars. That was a nice idea, however, I was looking for something else for the moment.

"Never been here before actually. Thus I am looking for information at a library or a place where they hold records from a good thousand years ago."

I offered him my hand. Calloused and scared from war and just training day upon day since the age of 14. Rather meaty actually considering for my size.

"Xander Carrick, Jedi looking for some information on my Father who is supposedly an old Mando Knight."

Should he shake my hand or not, I didn't care. I just wanted information. Even if I could join the Mandos as well. I respected my father now that I knew who he was. I wanted to follow him. To not only be a great Jedi, but a Mandalorian, as well as a Father to my children. Hopefully this will do the trick.

[member="Ijaat Akun"],

"Mandalorian Knights? Glowstick jockeys, but good in a pinch fight... Fierce enough for Force Users. I don't know a lot about them, but I can try and put you in touch with [member="Anastasia Rade"] . She's a resident of these parts, and a Jedi like type too. She might know more.

As the older warrior spoke, for despite his looks he was older, he took the other warriors hand in his and shook it securely, smiling fondly. Something in the man's demeanor, in his honest words and solid stance, definitely struck him as reminiscent of his son. Granted, this man utterly lacked the odd cybernetic exoskeleton, the neurally linked surgical droid sprouting from his back like tentacles of some mad beast from a penny dreadful novel, and Ijaat highly doubted that the warrior in front of him had an Artificial Intelligence system floating around inside his armor or head either.

"I'm Ijaat, Ijaat Akun... Why don't you follow me to the Mad Strill, friend... It's a bar I founded for the Protectors and off duty Mando'ade...We'll have a drink, maybe a bite to eat, I might start a bar fight or three, or stop 'em, and I'll get Anastasia on the holo or get her to come down here in person and talk to you. We'll get you some information on your father. Weren't like the Knights were a huge order, so it should be easy to track down information on him."

With that said, the warrior turned, a slight limp to his left side signalling perhaps he had been walking too long on an old injury, and he merely waved the young man on with him after releasing his hand. The usually reclusive smith had been struck by an odd desire to go for a walk, and then the even odder occurence of running into someone so like his son he just had to try and help the poor lad... If he didn't know better, he'd almost believe in this mythical 'will of the Force' thing that those Jedi were always nattering on about.

[member="Xander Carrick"]

Glowstick jockeys? Likely this man didn't disrespect them, nor did he see the importance other than being a good brother in a pinch. He continued anyways talking about a woman Anan-something Rade? She sounded familiar from the Silver Jedi. So maybe I could have heard about her, but seeing as how I was just returning back from my home, I couldn't remember. Despite this, I looked out and around as the man looked at me for a second. Something told me his thoughts lead him somewhere about someone else. Almost as though I reminded him of someone.

I seemed to do a lot of that. People always confused me with someone else. Sometimes it was cool or good. Other times I only wondered how they would have ever thought of that. Nonetheless, he shook my hand introducing himself as Ijaat Akun. I nodded a welcome to him. Saying that we could go to a bar and meet up with this woman who might know more information about the records I was looking for, I smiled and nodded my head. Even while he walked off, I spoke just enough to continue the conversation.

"They were when my father was around. Now? not so sure. And the thing is, My father long gone before the gulag plague hit."

I smiled and shook my head. I knew my father lived during a period of time called "The Mandalorian Wars" and the resulting time after. Records say that this was eons before the great fall of the Jedi when the Galactic Empire. And that was a good thousands of years ago. I breathed in and followed him. The limp was evident. Seeing as how he was a Mandalorian, I could expect that this was normal. Considering the culture was all about preparedness for battle and defense of their home, a few wounds here or there wasn't unexpected. Luckily for me, I just had scars across my skin. Nothing permanent like a limp.

"My father was actually born during the time of myths. I don't know the Mandalorian leader during that time, but I do know that the man who defeated him was called Revan. My father was only a Jedi apprentice during these wars that took place."

Since knowing when all of this took place, I knew I had been in cryostasis for a very long time. Hell, so long that I was surprised that no one had found me in the old ship that was just floating around in dead space. Now? I was a Jedi that could hold up my fathers name. And maybe, just maybe I could find something that once belonged to him.

[member="Ijaat Akun"],[member="Anastasia Rade"],

The Mandalorian Knights had recently been revived and thus far it was everything that she could have hoped for and wanted. It gave her the opportunity to put her gifts to go use within the Mandalorian's. There was no going to another temple to train or learn. She could do it in her own backyard which she loved.

On top of the Knights Ana had a young family on Mandalore which took up all of her free time. She of course wouldn't have it any other way and spent as much time as she could with them. When duty called though she was there even if it was just talking about the Knights. She could strap the infant to her back and go.

The message that she received said that she should meet them at the Mad Strill where they would be headed to get a drink and take. Before leaving Ana wrote back that she would meet them there so they could talk about whatever he needed to. She was hear even if he wanted nothing more than just to talk.

[member="Xander Carrick"] [member="Ijaat Akun"]

Since he had little else in mind, Ijaat led the boy directly there to the cantina he had once owned. As he entered, if any were familiar with the Earth show Cheers, it would have been much like the entrance of Norm to that same bar, folks turning, waving and greeting to the former bartender and proprietor without a second thought or reservation. Despite his exaggerated reputation, often exaggerated at his doing, the mandalorian smith was a good man, and a kind one to boot, and did his best to help those he felt deserved or were worthy of his time. Tending to help those that took the first steps on their own.

"Here, take this table here lad... I'll go get us some netra'gaal and tingalaar, a good spicy soup. Anyone gives you any trouble, you just give 'em what for. But mind blood on the tables, it's hard to get out...Ana said she'd be along shortly... Sounded excited to meet you."

With that, the mandalorian turned and walked towards the bar, waving to the one behind it and talking animatedly. Along the walls of the cantina were banners of various Clans and organizations of the Mandalorian people, and in particular interest right next to their table was a large display case sunk into the wall and covered in what was surely armored glass. Things like helmets, blasters and blades hung in it, relics of the smithing Clan Akun, who had been armoring and arming, and teaching others to use said implements, for almost as long as anyone could remember.

[member="Anastasia Rade"] | [member="Xander Carrick"]

Looking around as we entered the bar, it looked like every other one across the galaxy. Filled with drunkards, a few guys just wanting a drink and even some of those that wanted a break from it all. However one thing I noticed was all the weapons that everybody had. I smiled a little. Knowing that I would fit right at home. When I was lead to a booth. I went ahead and took a seat since I knew nobody here, nor did I really want to get in anyone's way. I just sat there as the man seemed to know everybody that was here. Man hugs, handshakes, smiled and jokes were all passed around. I just sat there. Waiting as I didn't even know the things he was getting.

Taking a look around, I was half wishing I could go back and grab my hammer. Just because it was such a useful tool when needed.

I hoped nobody decided to mess with me. I may be unarmed, or unarmored, but I am still someone that has the strength that could rival a Null. Waiting for this woman as she might be able to help me find out who my father really was. As well, maybe I could follow his path.

[member="Ijaat Akun"], [member="Anastasia Rade"],

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom