Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Following in a Brother's Footsteps (Auri Vesta)

Now was probably one of the worst times to be wearing full body armor. Meraal walked through the streets of Mos Eisley with his helmet under his arm. The tracking device clearly stated that Mereel Vaun had been to Tatooine a few months ago, hopefully someone in town had run into Mereel during his visit to the planet. It was reaching noon, "Time for a break.", Meraal said to himself. He put on his helmet and checked his HUD's map, according to the map there was a cantina one block away. He started walking to his destination, Mos Eisely was full of crime, Meraal had already seen two thefts and one body since he had landed his ship. Meraal walked up to the cantina's motion sensor door and entered. Their were a few shady characters standing in the corners of the bar and a few patrons sitting at the bar counter. Meraal took a seat and placed his helmet on the counter and waved over a bartender."Bart, I want a Corellian Ale."
@[member="Auri Vesta"]

Auri Vesta

Captain of the Rimrunner
Auri ordered another pint for the house as she downed her twelfth Ale. A cheer went up as the bartender began to pass out the drinks. It was a smart thing to keep your fellow patrons drunk and in a good mood. Since the whole Jusik Syndicate had crashed and burned a couple months back, Auri had been living the high life. Her large sum of credits was largely due to the money she had stolen from the organization as it had started to fall apart. So again, luck was in her favor, but perhaps that would change sometime soon.

A mandolorian sat himself down beside her at the counter. She stared at him for a minute, then put a hand on his pauldron and felt the metal. "You know, that's probably only fifteen percent beskar." She slapped him on the shoulder. "The rest is probably a low grade durasteel." Auri grinned widely at him. "What's a mando'ade doing out here on the Rim?" She used the term that mandalorians called each other, even though she clearly wasn't a mandalorian herself.

@[member="Meraal Vaun"]

Meraal chose to ignore the fifteen percent beskar remark, he looked at the patron and pondered how to answer her question. "I am looking for a man by the name of Mereel Vaun, he is my brother. Perhaps you know him?" Meraal would probably be able to get more out of the woman if she didn't know his business. Although immediately asking a stranger if they knew someone else could also be a bad idea. She could be drunk enough to not care though, that would be nice. The bartender handed him his ale and he quickly downed the drink while awaiting his response.
@[member="Auri Vesta"]

Auri Vesta

Captain of the Rimrunner
Auri's eyes narrowed at the mention of her friend Mereel, a mandolorian who couldn't hold his alcohol yet tried anyway. They had had many good times together. They had worked together as business partners for a while before he had gone off to join the Death Watch. That was the last she had heard of him. She doubted that this guy was some old buddy of his wondering where to find him.

"I know a lot of people." She said coyly. "Who is this person to you?"

@[member="Meraal Vaun"]

"Like I said before he is my brother. My family lost contact with him a few months ago and we haven't heard from him since." Meraal was beginning to reveal more information than he wanted, he kept his focus on the bartender and ordered another drink to attempt to hide any signs of nervousness. The woman's tone was a lot different toward him than when he first entered the bar, he must have struck a nerve, the woman might have known something more than she was letting on.

@[member="Auri Vesta"]

Auri Vesta

Captain of the Rimrunner
"Interesting.." She took a sip of her Corellian ale. "Yeah. I knew Mereel. I also know that he wasn't in real good graces with his family when he left."

@[member="Meraal Vaun"]

Meraal held in the urge to cringe. Hopefully the woman didn't know too much about the Vaun family, he still didn't know what he would do to Mereel if he ever caught up to him. Mereel had earned a bounty on his head for a while, someone may have killed him long ago. He drained his glass and set it down on the counter. "When was the last time you heard from him and on what planet?" Hopefully he could at the very least bring back a body.
@[member="Auri Vesta"]

Auri Vesta

Captain of the Rimrunner
"Whoa, not so fast. I would very much like to know why you want to know so badly, and how many credits it's worth to you." She wasn't planning on selling out Mereel to some bounty hunter, whether he was his karking brother or not, but it was nice to know how many credits a person had on their body's. She hoped this wouldn't boil down to an armed conflict. Auri had no problem fighting dirty, but she prefered to wheel and deal until the terms were in her best interest. It was something that killing couldn't always accomplish. It was a good thing talk was cheap, because it was something she enjoyed.

@[member="Meraal Vaun"]

So he wasn't dealing with an every day citizen then, that wasn't too surprising, Mereel wouldn't associate himself with many outsiders. He called over the bartender and threw him a credit chip for his troubles, and a few extra in case things were about to get ugly. He needed to think up a response fast, otherwise he just lost a huge lead. Maybe there were other, more recent leads out there though. He did know that Mereel had earned a bounty on his head from the several organizations, including the Republic and his own people. How much information would he be getting anyway? He reckoned it wasn't worth any more than 3,000 credits, he could regain double that money just from his portion of the family spice trade in a week or two.

"You could say I am curious and bored. You could also say that I seek adventure even, but honestly I just want to find Mereel and discover what has happened to him since his escape. I can only currently offer you 3,000 credits for any information you have on his last known whereabouts."

He put his helmet back on and took another look around the cantina. Some of the shady characters he had seen when he had entered had cleared out, but some of the others were getting closer to them. He wanted to move on to the next phase of his search as soon as possible, Tatooine was way too hot for his liking and the ship's tracker said this was one of the most visited spots by Mereel, however the tracker could only read off of when he was using their father's ship, Mereel could have swapped transports during his time away from home.

@[member="Auri Vesta"]

Auri Vesta

Captain of the Rimrunner
Auri leaned back. 3,000 credits was a reasonable offer, but to be honest, she really didn't need the money.

"I haven't seen Mereel in months." She stated cooly. "He was definitely here though, for a while anyway. I imagine he stocked up quite a sum from all the bounties he pulled around here. That's been a while though. He left after things went south. Last I heard of him he'd joined up with Death Watch, and we know how that story goes.."

@[member="Meraal Vaun"]

What the woman had told him was..interesting, to say the least. He had known Mereel had earned bounties for being in Death Watch but he hadn't heard about the other bounties. He handed the woman three credit chips, each containing 1,000 credits. "What planet did you last see him on, and is there anyone else I can ask about his location?" Hopefully he didn't overpay for the information, although he did already tell her he was giving her 3,000 credits and handed her the money.
@[member="Auri Vesta"]

Auri Vesta

Captain of the Rimrunner
Auri smiled as she pocketed the credchips. She took another sip of her ale before continuing. "I dropped him off near Polis Massa for a job when I saw him last. The Outlying Systems are your best bet. And the Death Watch, If any of them are still alive.. they would be the first people I would go looking for."

@[member="Meraal Vaun"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom