Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Focus on the Vision [Galactic Alliance Dominion of Fondor]

EmKay

OBJECTIVE: BYOO - INTERCEPT PIRATE CRAFT
ENEMIES: PIRATES
[10/20]

Tachon heard the commotion before he saw it. While he rode the lift up to the bridge, he heard the electrostatic pew of the ion cannons launching their beams of debilitating power at the enemy ship. When the lift doors opened, he rushed to the bridge to watch the lightshow. The walls were bathed in azure tones of colour, with electric blue and white dazzling between the rush from the enemy shields squirming under strain. The captain watched intently, until the ship went still and began to drift gently away from its original course.

"Focus on the next enemy craft, present them with a recording of my warning, take action as required by their reply," the Chiss commanded to one side of the bridge, then to the other, "Prepare a boarding shuttle, I want that vessel cleared and in Alliance possession in no more than twenty minutes." the echoes of affirmative reply danced across the bridge and then the captain turned to focus his unreadable red eyes upon the Iridonian who once again made himself known in his circle.

"You're Tachon?"
"Yes."
"Yes, sir, you're on my ship, you follow my rules," Orrin corrected, "You're no ordinary Privateer. I've seen your kind enough to know that. Get on the-"
"Boarding shuttle away!"
"-next boarding shuttle, I want you doing something productive."
"Yes... sir." Tachon replied, suddenly feeling the commanding presence of this Chiss captain.
"Good boy." Orrin said, then returned to watching the action unfold.

While Zur-Ksi went back to the hangar level, feeling rather winded from rushing across the ship almost three times, the Liberator engaged yet another pirate craft. The Frigate was better prepared and capable of returning fire, but the pirate ship was little competition for the Star Destroyer and its crew. The ion cannons were joined by the blazing red of turbolaser fire, which focused on enemy targeting systems and shield generators. The systems went down, and then their guns shot blindly while the ion cannons razed the electrical systems.

Objective 2.

(3)

Coci turned and entered the alleyway, the two men she had seen had someone bailed up against the wall, a knife threatening to cut the face. It seemed this small town a it's share of trouble with a small group operating as 'protection' for business and people alike. Instilling fear in order to receive 'tribute' for said protection, the young girl, it appeared was the owner of one of the stall in the market area, and was resisting the pressure to pay up.

With an arm raised, Coci took hold of the knife and the wrist of the man pressing it to her skin, through the force, the knife moved and cut a long line of skin on his own. A yell of pain and confusion of mind made the man back away. The other, looked on with no small measure of confusion as well before turning to see the Jedi Master. A blaster was raised but before he could fire a bolt, the man smashed into the opposite wall and fell limp to the ground.

Applied pressure to the wrist saw the knife fall from the grasp of the other and he fled down the alley. The young girl stood staring at Coci, not moving or speaking but with a look of recognition on her face. She moved out of the shadow of the wall and stood in the light of day that filtered between the buildings.

Coci's eye fell on the girls face, a sense of familiarity entered her aura ... "Lilli?". She moved closer, "Lilli, I was told you were dead". Coci's heart filled with joy and sadness in one.

Objective: Reunite with her cousin.

(4)

"Hello cousin", Lilli moved forward more and stood before her. Lilli had been on Corellia after it's destruction and lived to only survive day by day. The House of Sinopi had lost everything, and only she and Coci remain of that bloodline. She had been fighting to stay alive on Corellia, not only from the threat of the toxic atmosphere but the lack of resources and food, credits and safety. Many times Lilli had to hide simply because she is girl and that only was dangerous in a place no longer under any authority of up hold law. She had been off Corellia for some time now, and things may changed in that regard, but Corellia will never be the same again.

"All of my family .. our family is dead, I managed to survive and get off. I have been moving from planet to planet to work to survive again. I came here and started a little business to earn some credits. However, I am pleased to see you well and that you had escaped unharmed".

Coci and Lilli had never been close, Coci's family lived in the main House in the country, Lilli's opted for the Coronet. Coci being the elder of the two had moved away to seek a purpose in life, Lilli preferred the life of luxury.

Objective: #2, help refugees
Allies: [member="The Revenant"] [member="Avalore Eden"] [member="Vaet"]
Enemies: NA
2/20

When Chevu finally arrived at the refugee camp, making a few detours here and there to hand out flimsiplast handbills printed with the locations of GA relief stations, she was dismayed to find that Gabriel wasn't there. Craning her neck, Chevu took a quick glance around the general vicinity and branched out with the Force to see if she could pick up his distinctive aura, but no Gabe. Her mind instantly jumped to the worst-case scenario. Freed from the burden of his control collar, Gabriel had gotten tired of being treated like a pariah and had decided to leave the Alliance. After the way Coren had treated him on Thyferra, she could hardly blame him.

She caught a bearded blur with a salt and pepper braid running through the crowd. The Mirialan Knight took off after him, and when he finally slowed, she parted the crowd and showed herself. A warm smile lit up her face at the sight of him.

"Everything ok?"

EmKay

OBJECTIVE: BYOO - COMMANDEER PIRATE VESSEL
LOCATION: ANS LIBERATOR, HANGAR ; BOARDING SHUTTLE ; THE HAWKEN
[11/20]

"Get on the shuttle, go! Go! Go!" the fully armoured sergeant shouted out to the soldiers as they filed onto the shuttle and took their places. Among the soldiers, the Iridonian stood out. The sergeant was in too much of a time crunch to ask questions, so he just hopped in and banged his fist on the shuttle's hull to signal takeoff. The sergeant removed his helmet and looked over the assembled troops.

"Alright, ladies and gents, we've got a bigger ship this time, which means more to contend with. Team Two is right behind us, and they'll land toward the engines. Our task is to take control of the bridge and gain access to the security systems. The part that actually wins us a ship!" he paused to let the assembled let out a yell of hype, then carried on, "Most of us are foot soldiers, but one of the Alliance Privateer types has decided to join us," attention turned to Tachon, "You know how to slice a system?"

"Only a little," Tachon admitted, "I've never had to really infiltrate before," he mulled on that statement. Something he should learn. He decided to follow up.

"I am a pilot, though." he offered.

"Pilot? Good, maybe you can get this hunk of metal back to be serviced. Just stay behind us, here's a gun." the sergeant said, tossing Tachon a blaster pistol.

Two loud beeps signaled their arrival, and the loud metallic clang of a landing clamp told verified the alarm. The sergeant donned his helmet and hefted his rifle, while automated cutters worked to make an opening. As soon as the metal fell, a door slid open and the sergeant threw two grenades in. He counted two, one, with his fingers, a bang sounded, then the soldiers moved in as one unit to clear the immediate area. Tachon followed suit, staying in the middle of the cluster while the trained soldiers operated. He watched them, leaning their behaviours and habits. This was his first time being in the middle of a military firefight, and he took in all he could from their tactics. He'd need to know what it was like to move on a battlefield if he ever needed to be in, or command in one.

Objective 2: Humanitarian aid
Allies: [member="Chevu Visz"], [member="Avalore Eden"], [member="Vaet"]
[4/20]

He lifted his hands to the back of his head, tore up a bit over the fact that he couldn't even get this one kid to stick with him. It was as if every step along this path was isolation or agony, unable to change his route. Exhaling, he caught the smiling expression of a certain Chevu. He turned his head, dragging his fingernails across his forehead as he tried to level himself. He wasn't exactly sure why this bothered him so much. Maybe it was the similarity to his own son, maybe it was the constant struggle of trying to make a difference.

Turning to Chevu, he smiled, pursing out his jaw.

"Yeah...I was just trying to help this kid." He rubbed his eyes before breathing in once more. "Almost ran into traffic. No parents. And he slipped through the cracks."

He looked back to Chevu and smiled, moving his focus from his problems to her, approaching her. "How are you feeling?"

EmKay

OBJECTIVE: BYOO - COMMANDEER PIRATE VESSEL
[12/20]

The unit moved through, and as Tachon interacted with them he became capable of operating with them. He took a few pot shots at pirates and scouted to find out numbers up ahead. He was barely armoured, and only had a pistol, but he did his part for support. They maintained steady progress, until they were at the point to breach the bridge. Communications from elsewhere noted that the engine room was secure, and they were clearing out further through the ship. A few of the pirates had surrendered and were arrested for rehabilitation. They'd be the boarding party soon enough. The door to the bridge clicked and swung open from a small charge that blasted the locking mechanism.

The team sprung forward, and Tachon slinked around the edges. While soldiers engaged pirates, Tachon took out the stragglers in cover. Together the threat was quickly neutralised, and power slowly hummed back through the ship.

"Alright, flyboy, do your thing." the sergeant called out to Tachon from across the bridge.

The Iridonian trotted to the control cluster and looked over the panels. He frowned as he familiarised himself with similar controls to his Avril.

"This wasn't meant to be piloted by one man," he said, "But I can try."

"Nobody's alone in the Alliance, Privateer. Tell us where you want us. As of right now, you're the captain of this vessel." the sergeant said, then gestured to the soldiers all awaiting orders on how to command the frigate to port.

Objective: 1
Allies: [member="Rook"] | [member="Ylvaris Desman"] | [member="Coren Starchaser"]
[8/20]

The detonator left Rooks' hand with an expert toss and as it exploded, so too did he, into movement and motion and fury. Then the comms came in from Coren, an dhe peeled off from down the side corridor with a knife-hand to indicate he was going right for the control room. Shields hummed as fire withered down the corridor, and men eventually gave up firing as the Dreadguard warrior mowed down enough his black armor looked as if it were war-painted red. The vibrosword he held in both hands now, gun mag-clamped or holstered, and where he went, the shadow and cry of death did, until mean begged, and he left some alive to question.

Arriving at the door, the warrior turned his head sideways, considering things. He could blow through the door, he had det-tape, thermal detonator. His gun itself could fire explosives, for all intents and purposes. But something told him these pirates were above your average run of the mill scum, and so he turned back, thinning the herd with his boltgun as he signaled a regroup to where he had charged ahead, attempting to make his brothers progress easier to link up with him. The beacon signaled even Coren, they'd need a slicer, after all.

Allies: [member="Coren Starchaser"], [member="Ylvaris Desman"], [member="Ijaat Akun"]

Objective: Purge

10/10

The pirates were trying to make a run for it. That would not be allowed. Bellowing a war cry that would have made even the greatest tyrant weak in the knees, Rook charged at the cowards. He had no great weapon like the Beast's vibrosword -- no, Rook had something far more powerful. A strong right hook. He caught one of the fleeing men hard in the jaw, shattering the bone and tearing flesh on his shattered teeth. The man fell at once, expired.

Another fired at the High Lord. Chuckling at the cretin's audacity, Rook marched on up to the man, his shields shrugging off the slugthrower rounds with little effort. A hand came down to wrap around the pirate's neck.

"Have your men cease their actions."

Choking.

Grumbling a string of curses under his breath, Rook hurled the man at the wall. The impact was enough to break his spine. He cried out as he hit the floor, and stared up at Rook miserably. the High Lord ended his suffering with a quick bolt through the head. There was nothing to be gained by leaving him in such a state unattended.

"Beast, Kel, take two captives, and wipe the rest of them out."

EmKay

OBJECTIVE: BYOO - RETURN THE HAWKEN TO PORT
ENEMIES: STRUCTURAL DAMAGE, INCOMPETENCE
[13/20]

"You, take the secondary control cluster! I need someone on comms with the engine room, and I need them to make sure the heatsinks are doing fine!" Tachon's hands flew over the panels, and he looked to his right to see a soldier trying to learn the buttons.

"Don't play with that, those control the ship's slaved gun controls, and the Liberator is still flagged hostile. Why is that ship still flagged hostile!?" Zur-Ksi understood now why these men only served passenger on the spacecraft. They were good at taking orders, but they knew nothing about how these beautiful creations worked. Finally the Liberator was green-flagged and the word back from engineering was that the heatsinks were intact and operational.

"You'd better hope so, or when I switch on the engines we're all roasted." Tachon commented, before he flicked the controls on and directed two others to engage their sections of engine thrust. He quickly ran up the bridge and took over as helmsman, steering the ship about to face the old Protectorate docking stations. The closest friendly port. The ship lurched forward, still feeling aftershocks from its ion abuse. Tachon patted the panel in front of him.

"Hold in there, lady," he thought onto the ship. The creaking of stressed beams was not reassuring, but she held together. They slowly approached the dock where it could pull in. It was still awhile off, but they were steady. Static came through the speaker system, and Tachon locked the course in so he could tend to other matters.

"Someone keep an eye on the helm while I try and rig communications to Alliance channels!" he shouted out, moving across the bridge yet again while the sergeant took over the helm.

Allies: [member="Rook"] [member="Ijaat Akun"] [member="Coren Starchaser"]
Objective: Purge & Capture

Kelghast advanced forward, changing his mag once again. The discarded clip hit the floor with a somewhat heavy thud which further deepened the impression of just how heavy these Dreadguard were along with their armaments. He opened fire once again and cleared a swathe of pirates out of his way, leaving a bloody trail of torn bodies and sinew. One of them was still alive however, and that was good enough for what Rook desired. Kelghast pressed his heavy boot on the back leg of the said pirate, breaking it with ease. The man yelped and cried as tears streamed down his face. The massive crimson soldier picked up the sobbing wreck and cast him to the side, pointing his rifle right at his head. "Stay put or I'll murder you and more of your friends."

He turned around and began opening fire once more in a casual manner. The large caliber slugs tore open chests and flesh all the same, leaving pulpy residue hanging from the walls and ceiling. A clean-up crew was most definitely needed after this little event. Kelghast stopped and then looked back for a moment at the captive. "I lied. They're all going to die anyway."

Another was trying to crawl away, but Kelghast wouldn't allow that. He picked him up with his left gauntlet and jammed his assault rifle into his mouth, unleashing a burst fire that popped his head like a melon, throwing the body next to the traumatized pirate.

Killing was the business of the Dreadguard, and business was good.

Allies: [member="Rook"] | [member="Ylvaris Desman"] | [member="Coren Starchaser"]
[9/20]

He wiped out the rest of the pirates with far less zeal and macabre showmanship that his red-armored brother. Quick, efficient strokes of the blade, silent except when it bit into flesh or those he advanced to slay would begin to scream, shuddering and trying to resist. Each was dealt with, and dispatched in cold blood with little display of joy or relish. Still, it was efficient, and he left limbs and heads to the floor in crimson puddles. Turning to Rook, he now nodded as the flat of his blade lashed out at each awake person, dropping them to the floor into a limp puddle, with narry a twitch or movement.

"Open it... Stop them..."

The words were short, quick and almost bitten out and spat by the helmets tinned altering voice. There was a tenseness in his voice, even with the helmet modifying it. Something did not feel right to the warrior, and he hesitated.

EmKay

[14/20]

Aboard the Liberator, the comms crackled and whistled, before a voice came in.

"...read me? I repeat, Tachon Zur-Ksi to the ANS Liberator. Captain Orrin, do you read me?"

Vaor'ri'navium stared at the pirate frigate as it undulated through space toward the ports. He was surprised to hear the Zabrak's voice over the communications line.

"This is Captain Orrin. You may transfer me to the acting commander now, Privateer." he said. It came across as more condescending than he intended, but most had accustomed themselves to his Chiss-like mannerism. That stoic personality was cracked slighlty when he heard the next line.

"I have been placed in command of the vessel. You're speaking to the active captain of the Hawken," was Zur-Ksi's reply, "And before you ask why, it was because nobody else here spoke starship well enough to get this thing going." with his only question abated, the Star Destroyer's captain replied appropriately.

"Very well, Commander Zur-Ksi. Status report."
"Your assault fried quite a few circuits, and she keeps groaning every time I push too hard, but overall she's a good ship. A few minor repairs should make her spaceworthy for the Alliance Navy."
"Good. Contact me again when you have arrived at port."
"Yes, sir. Hawken out."

Today was a good day for Tachon, and a weird day for Vaor'ri'navium.

Abigail

A
Objective #1 [Military]: Fondor was the capital of the Protectorate, and is home to the OmegaPyre PMC. In orbit sits one of the handful of FLEETCOM stations produced. While not understaffed, it was briefly vulnerable as soldiers were rotated out to return to their home planets with the Protectorate dissolution. In the Chaos, a band of pirates have stormed the station. They’re believed to be funded and equipped by the Sith and are holed up in engineering. Retake the station.

"The Sith are always foolish... I know this because I was one of them once upon a time."

Reaku Ansetus seemed to be walking amidst the madness* and took out his lightsaber with the black and red blade he used back in the Old Republic days. He was intent on killing a few pirates before everyone else leaves and he'd have to leave the planet with them.

*in other words, stuff I missed from my time away

Allies: [member="Ijaat Akun"], [member="Ylvaris Desman"]
Objective: Save the station

These creatures would dare to try and kill the innocents on this station? There would be no mercy for them. Rook gave the Beast a short nod, and turned toward the doors that stood as a barrier between the Dreadguard and the men taking control of the airlock system. If they were too slow, the pilots could vent the entire ship, killing everyone not wearing a source of oxygen in the process. If that didn't kill them, then the sudden drop in pressure would. Rook was not going to let that happen.

He slapped a stick of detonite tape on the sealed door. The engineers of the station would not be too pleased repairing it, but this was too important. He took a few steps back, and readied the primer.

"Kel, Beast, prepare to breath. Kel, take care of the pirates. Beast, bring the airlock system back under our control."

With his orders given. Rook flicked the switch. The door exploded in a cloud of red. Shrapnel flew in every direction, and dinged harmlessly off of Rook's chestplate. He would move in after the two boys, ready to clean up whatever remained.

Allies: [member="Rook"] [member="Ijaat Akun"] [member="Coren Starchaser"]
Objective: Clean up detail

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ni0da2XBMzA​

As soon as the door gave way to the explosion, Kelghast rushed in and laid down a barrage of full-auto fire which took out at least five of the pirates inside. Two of which tried charging out of courage, and bless their little hearts, failed. Kelghast activated a ghastly looking vibro-blade from his wrist and gutted one of the two, ripping it out and slicing the remainder across the throat, leaving a trail of blood along the way as it gushed out into a red mist. Rifle firmly back in both gauntlets, another barrage came forth like a tide of cleansing water come to wash away the scum off of a once beautiful shore. A hurricane of violence and bullets.

Kelghast was digging in deep, and the blood of these scum was hard to distinguish from his crimson armor.

Rook would see the killer in his brother after all and the taint that came from the Netherworld.

EmKay

[15/20]

The Hawken shot out docking codes, which returned positive for port. Tachon guided his makeshift crew to swing the ship around and push into position so it faced the station broadside. They pulled the frigate into dock, and cooled the engines to idle. As the disembark umbilical ramp extended to met the ship's airlock, the soldiers let out a collective cheer.

"You're a natural, Zur-Ksi!" the sergeant said, helmet tucked under his arm, "I'll put a good word in for you. You sure you're only a privateer?"

Tachon nodded, watching them rejoice and wondering just how he'd managed to turn foot soldiers into a naval crew. They weren't in the depths of battle, but still... he cohered them long enough to make it where they needed to go. He was halfway lost in thought, but that broke when the sergeant clapped him on the shoulder.

"Well, kid, I can tell this much: you're going to do great things one day." the human flashed the Iridonian a smile then disembarked the ship with the rest of them. He looked down to touch the button to hail the Liberator, but found that it had already been activated. His mouth twitched before he spoke up.

"Captain Orrin?" he called out into the air.
"Yes, Lieutenant." came the Chiss' cool reply.
"Lieutenant?"
"You've proven your capability, and I heard what I need from Sergeant Thyn. Even if you do not pursue a naval career, I'm assigning you as a lieutenant. Maybe you'll earn your way up." the remarks left Tachon at a loss for words. Vaor'ri'navium figured that would be the reaction, so he continued.

"At any rate, you may return to your regular duties, hobbies, and other activities until you are needed again. I look forward to seeing you among the stars. Orrin out." and he signed off.

Tachon stood at the bridge of the Hawken for a long while, wondering what just happened. Part of him was overjoyed to be making something of himself, the other... he couldn't pin it, but he felt like he was drawing on more than just experience back there. The way he took over as seamlessly as he hid in the shadows. There was something about that that demanded investigation. He would get on that as soon as he could. For now, he needed to get back to the Liberator. His ship was still there.

[10/20]

Airlocks under control... It had to be done... As a soldier, he normally would have questioned such orders, politely, because he was hardly any sort of techno-geek with a slicers pad and scomp link.. But somehow, the order felt natural, and as lives fell to Kel and his psychosis, The man was efficient, if flamboyant and deranged, and he could not help but admired the quickness with which he worked and fought. But there was a different tact to be followed here, a subtler mind needed, and something tickled in his brain, a whispering that silenced as soon as he tried to listen, a twitch of his muscles as if memory tugged the fibers to long-forgotten or buried habits and motions.

Stepping to the control panels, the beast removed both of his massive gauntlets, letting them thud to the console, and reached out, hesitantly. There was no surety as to why he did this, or what he thought to achieve. He just knew that, if Rook wanted the airlocks reconfigured and back under their control, this was the way to do it, this was how it would be done. And so, his eyes closed within his helmet, a rictus of death grimace forming as his mid quieted, and suddenly, everything went blank as his conscious mind shut down.

Lights began to blink or glow or turn off, the machine making various noises, and throughout the station cycling could be heard. Systems were rerouted, cut0off to prevent remote access, and eventually everything seemed to dim in the room for a moment, the lights straining to remain powered and on, and he sagged against the console, barely standing, armored form shaking as his task completed, the only indicator of it being so a curt nod to the group.

Allies: [member="Ylvaris Desman"], [member="Ijaat Akun"]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOA4rOTda3Y​
Rook's boot met the midriff of the closest pirate. He was sent tumbling back into the bulkhead, blood dribbling down his lower lip. He was lucky the High Lord had not killed him; such mercy was usually reserved for the deserving. Rarely would he let one of these creatures live, yet that was what he chose now. He was sure the residents of the station would want a few of the pirates alive to exact their own revenge. He was not going to deny them their judgement.

"Excellent work. No hostile combatants remaining," Rook boomed with laughter, "You've both earned your sweet rolls."

Ding.

A message flashed on his HUD. It came from station control; the station was saved. The airlocks were under friendly control once more, as they should be. The Dreadguard had succeeded in their mission.

"We've won brothers!" He turned toward the two. Kel, covered in the detritus and refuse of his victims, and Beast, mysterious as he was on the day he had met. His brothers. He clapped Kel on the shoulder, then Beast.

"I am proud of you both. You've proven yourselves true Dreadguard today."

Allies: [member="Rook"] [member="Ijaat Akun"]

Kelghast stood over his scraps and gently flicked his wrist to shake off some of the gore hanging from his wrist-mounted blade. With a mechanical whirring, the blade retracted and the red-clad warrior rested his rifle against his pauldron once again. He turned his head towards Rook as he clasped him on the shoulder and gave him a clear nod to acknowledge the victory in-hand. Another day, another flawless routine for the Dreadguard and their never-ending duty to wipe clean the galaxy of all imperfections and problems. Exterminators of the vile, saviors of the weak and fragile. Something the Jedi couldn't seem to keep up with these days. "Did Commander Starchaser survive? I was too busy working." The Dreadguard said humorously. He went to check his ammo counter. "12" Read the counter. Kelghast shrugged slightly and ignored it. A good soldier made every round count no matter how many bullets he had left, and he'd do just that. Not to mention his armor acted as a weapon itself.

"I rather miss killing Stormtroopers sometimes. Something about them made it so satisfying. Perhaps it was because they were ruled over by the Sith dogs. Bah." The metallic voice scoffed at the thought. An odd time to reminisce, no?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom