Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Vehicle FO-AT-AT Mk.I "Sabercat"

Status
Not open for further replies.
17646365.548cc3a4f1aee.jpg

Image Source: https://www.behance.net/Dimitri-Kaliviotis/appreciated

Intent: To build a heavy assault walker for the First Order

Development Thread: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/95573-more-creative-blueprints-for-death-at-at-development-thread/

Manufacturer: Hannschel-Bor Works

Model: FO-AT-AT Mk.I

Affiliation: First Order

Modularity: Missile and grenade payload

Production: Limited

Material: Quadranium steel armor, ferrocarbon frame

Role: Heavy assault walker

Height: 56 meters

Length: 100 meters

Width: 52 meters

Weight: 13,500 tons

Minimum Crew: 3

1 Commander
1 Pilot
1Gunner

Optimal Crew: 16

1 Commander
2 Pilots
2 Engineers
11 Gunners

Propulsion: Quadrupedal, repulsors (for deployment only)

Top Speed: 35 km/h

Armaments:

1 SPHA-T Heavy Turbolaser
Range: 10,000 meters

2 Quad Maad-38 Heavy Laser Cannons
Range: 2,000 meters

2 Dual Maad-38 Heavy Laser Cannons

2 Hellcaster Cannons
Range: 1,000 meters

1 ABX-110 Launcher
Range: 500 meters / blast radius: 30 meters

2 General-Purpose Warhead Launchers

2 Grenade Launchers
Range: 500 meters
Electronet Grenade - blast radius: 3 meters
Fragmentation Grenade - blast radius: 3 meters
Ion Grenade - blast radius: 3 meters
Plasma Grenade - blast radius: 6 meters
Thermal Detonator - blast radius: 6 meters

Squadron Count: 1
Passenger Capacity: 120 personnel

Cargo Capacity: 4 AT-ST (or equivalent vehicles)

Misc. Equipment:

Deflector Shield Projector
Power Loop Capacitor
7085 Ionization Reactor and Regulator
Capacitor Overchargers
Socketguards
Laser-Assisted Targeting

Strengths: Extremely powerful: The Sabercat is a walking arsenal of weaponry, equipped to face a variety of enemies. Of particular note is the Tibanna-powered Turbolaser which is powerful enough to knock through many deflector shields with one punch.
Durable: The Sabercat's sturdy alusteel frame and quadranium armor, along with its power loop capacitor-powered deflector shield, ensure that the walker can take a hit, and then some. It will take many well-placed hits to take down this walking monstrosity.
Weaknesses: Slow: While slightly faster than its predecessor due to its reduced weight, the Sabercat is still a comparatively slow vehicle. Its top speed is 35 km/h, and it has difficulty maintaining even this speed.

Difficult to repair: While the Sabercat is made of quality materiel, the vast array of complex machinery aboard the walker requires the presence of engineers in order for it to function optimally. If there are no certified engineers on board, any broken systems will be difficult to repair. Field repairs during battle will also be time-consuming and difficult, even for engineers.

Description: The FO-AT-AT Mk.I, nicknamed the "Sabercat", was designed to be the most powerful ground vehicle employed by the First Order Army. The First Order commissioned Hannschel-Bor Works with the production of the walker, and its design was heavily based off the existing Bahamut-class ATHA. As a result, the Sabercat is identical to the Bahamut in many ways. Both are massive heavy walkers which must be deployed via assault ships; like the Bahamut, the Sabercat also has repulsors to aid in deployment, and its legs fold out when it reaches the surface.

The armament specs are also nearly identical in both models. The Sabercat is a veritable walking fortress, equipped to handle just about anything the enemy throws at it, from enemy tanks and artillery to hostile infantry. The Sabercat can strike at enemy positions from range, and its most important improvement over the Bahamut-class is its upgraded Turbolaser cannon, which is powered by Tibanna gas thanks to the First Order's acquisition of the planet Bespin. The turbolaser cannon is immensely powerful, and is the strongest weapon aboard the Sabercat. Due to its Tibanna power, the turbolaser has the ability to punch through most deflector shields with ease. The Sabercat has also added an extra top-mounted Quad Heavy Laser Cannon, to aid in anti-air defenses. The Hellcaster cannons and one of the grenade launchers are mounted on the underside of the walker, for anti-infantry purposes.

Another striking difference between the Sabercat and its predecessor is that the Sabercat has returned to a quadrupedal, rather than hexapedal, design. The absence of two legs has allowed the Sabercat to save weight and achieve a greater top speed. To compensate for the loss of two legs, the Sabercat employs a convex leg design with its four remaining legs, much like a spider's, to aid in stability. This lowers the walker's center of gravity and makes it less top-heavy than many traditional walkers, and thus more difficult to topple with things like tow cables.

The massive production cost and armament of the Sabercat ensures that it is not a vehicle which will see common use on the battlefield. Each mechanized Stormtrooper Legion (~10,000 men) will likely only have access to one Sabercat at any given time. The production cost is simply too high to outfit Stormtrooper Legions with any more.

Primary Source: Bahamut-class heavy assault walker

ADM. Reshmar

Directorate Officer Fleet Admiral SJC 3rd Fleet
RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

ADM. Reshmar

Directorate Officer Fleet Admiral SJC 3rd Fleet
[member="Ludolf Vaas"]
So in my original submission I had to limit this to no more than 3 in a battle.
The issue is you are adding weapons reducing weight and increasing speed. You are also taking 2 supports out of it making the weight on them much higher. There is a reason it has six legs. The weight of the thing is massive.

If your going to make it lighter, faster and have more weapons it needs some sort of explanation as to how this happens. what makes it lighter? what did you remove? what was replaced? I do not mind you copying my stuff and upgrading it Just explain how it was done beyond just saying it is.

my recomendation is to use some sort of honeycomb frame work. Replace the alusteel with ferrocarbon.

[member="Reshmar"]

Changed the frame to ferrocarbon as suggested. Slowed the walker down. Also specified that each Legion will potentially have access to only one on the battlefield.

I got the reduced weight from subtracting two legs, which would presumably save weight. I made the legs spider-like to cope with stability issues. The only extra weapon that was added was one additional quad laser cannon on the top, all of which is detailed in the description. Is this acceptable, or are you saying that a four-legged design is unacceptable altogether and I should keep it at six?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom