Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fleet Template Idea

Sanya Val Lerium

Neutral, Queen of Her people, Neko
The past few days I've been looking at the Fleet Npc template and I feel that in some ways it is restricting due to the size limits. Now I know that the current fleet template is not for war fleets. They are meant to be basic, simple, straight forward and i get that. Say if i wanted to use a imperial 2 class star destroyer in the current template but I wanted only that ship. Well i'd be out of luck because id have to use up a pointless star fighter as a lead ship or something that does't exceed 400m. Now to me one ship isn't really a fleet.

So not only am I limited with the size of the fleet it really limits what ships I can use too as cant really use many bigger ships at once and some even are unable to be used completely. what id like to suggest is either some slight edits or a second template to the current one so people can actually make a substandard war fleet to be used in raid's skirmishes and invasions. That way we don't have to keep working out our size of the fleets.

template -
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: [State why you are making this submission.]
  • ​Image Credit: How to properly source your images
  • Role: [What role does this Fleet play? Is it a defence? Is it a Sector fleet? Is it a war fleet ran by a galactic power?]
  • Links: [Provide links to any relevant threads, characters, companies, locations, equipment, etc here.]
[SIZE=9pt]GENERAL INFORMATION[/SIZE]
  • Task Force Fleet Name:[SIZE=9pt] [/SIZE][What is the name of your Task Force? Does it have an official designation? A nickname?]
  • Allegiance: [A Major Faction, Minor Faction]
  • Lead Ship: [The name and model, with canon or Factory link, of the Fleet's command ship. Maximum 3000 meters; 1000 meters if Allegiance is a Minor Faction.]
  • Composition: [The names and models, with canon or Factory links, of the rest of the ships in the Task Force. List different configurations/versions/subdivisions of your Task Force if needed. Keep Factory ship/fleet limits in mind: Table 1 in the Factory rules.]
  • Total Length: [The total length, in meters, of your Task Force's Lead Ship and Composition. This must be 6000-5000 meters. For example, an 1500-meter Lead Ship with two 1000-meter Cruisers, 2 500-meter Frigate's and 4 250-meter Corvette will have a total length of 5500 meters. List total lengths for all configurations described under Composition.]
  • Notable Characters: [Any PCs or NPCs who play a role in your Task Force, as well as their ranks or functions. Approved Codex Ship Crews may be linked here.]
  • Ports of Call: [Assigned patrol sectors/routes, places visited frequently, secret bases, space stations, or other relevant canon locations or Codex/Factory submissions.]
COMBAT INFORMATION
  • Strengths: [At least one situation or mission profile where this Task Force may excel.]
  • Weaknesses: [At least one situation or mission profile where this Task Force may struggle.]
  • Description: [You can include any useful context or details, such as prior allegiances, notable battles, insignia/color schemes, realistic reputation, and the history behind how this Task Force Fleet was formed.]
Original template
I have taken the current fleet task force template mad made edits to something that would allow a full range of ship's and a lot less restricting. I have taken into account that because of its size that a fleet this large would probably need funding from a galactic power. (please note this is just an idea and balance would have to be taken into consideration.) also in the long run this could someday help streamline that very repetitive convo amongst fleeter. "Hey so how big should our fleets limits be?" that turns into both sides trying to fill all that space time and time again.

Until I see more use of the Task Force Fleet template I will not be introducing a larger Armada Fleet Template.

So get to work putting together your smaller fleets kiddies. Use the Task Force Template, show me it's worthwhile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom