Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suggestion Flashpoint Suggestion | GALACTIC WAR

In light of our fabulous campaign flashpoint this October, I thought that it would be fun to suggest a flashpoint that would induce even more headaches for staff:

GALACTIC WAR
At any stage, a Major Faction or two Major Factions concurrently may declare a Galactic War against up to two opposing Major Factions that are not involved in another invasion or galactic war. A Major Faction may only be the participant of one Galactic War thread at a time. Galactic War is a high-stakes, large-scale conflict over which multiple hexes can be won or lost.

Galactic War threads follow all rules from Invasions except:
  • The completed Galactic War arc will last over the course of three separate threads, neither occurring at the same time and both requiring at least 150 posts for completion. Each thread will last roughly one-and-a-half weeks, three days shorter than a typical invasion. Each thread should have narrative continuity between them. Each thread will also be graded separately but all threads will count towards total Galactic War evaluation.
  • When an attacking faction declares its intent to launch a Galactic War they may choose up to four hexes from each defending each to attack, while the attacking faction also selects four adjacent hexes to the attacking location at which to participate. All hexes involved must be adjacent and controlled by a major faction (either directly adjacent or which could be made adjacent through conquest) This may not include a capital hex unless it is already directly adjacent.
    • unknown.png

In this hypothetical situation, the Bryn'adul have declared a Galactic War campaign against both the TSE and SJC. All three factions have four hexes that are 'contested' and adjacent.
  • If the attacker is the winner of the Galactic War they immediately take possession of all the chosen hexes not already controlled by the faction. If two factions comprise of the attackers, then they may divide up the defeated opponent's hexes accordingly. If the defenders are victorious, then they may divide up control of the attacker's contested hexes accordingly. Dividing up hexes must be done evenly so both participating victors receive an equal share, and negotiations of who gets what hex is carried out by a major faction's owner/staff. All gained hexes must follow standard rules (being adjacent, etc.)
  • In the case of a drawn Galactic War, each faction must consolidate and remove one contested hex from their cloud.

I'm pretty sure this has a low chance of becoming a reality, modified or as-is, but it's a fun concept that I'd like to put out there.

Ariel Yvarro

A
We don't need this to be a thing. The Great Galactic War and Endgame both happened organically, player created, and ran. Those are the best kinds of galactic war and it was better than any staff run event (even if I loved Omega) we've had in the past. Not to mention how much work this puts for Staff, something as you even said yourself don't seem to care about with your, and I quote.

In light of our fabulous campaign flashpoint this October, I thought that it would be fun to suggest a flashpoint that would induce even more headaches for staff:

It's fun for you but would induce headaches for someone else. Not to mention this sounds like another suggestion someone made before, oh, conquest with the borders and stuff. Which doesn't really pan out since very rarely do the factions who wanna or are engaged in fighting are next to each other. It just so happens there's a few this time around but hardly warrented for an entirely new uh... template, or paperwork.

When these things happen, it's best to let the big factions do it on their own accord. Sometimes when two factions dislike each other enough they make beautiful war and lots of war toys. Or really cool stories, so before I start repeating myself.

This is gonna be a no from me fam.

The idea is very cool. I like how its supposed to be fashioned in the form of multiple combatants/defendants in a series of threads. However, that has already been done Via Invasions. I hate to drag up old wounds, but an instance would have been the Mandalorian Empire against the CIS, CIC, SJO/SJC, with the final straw being drawn from TSE.

It was multiple invasions all going down within 2-3 months, and ended with the ME going Minor, then just straight vanishing off the faction game. If people want to start a "Galactic War" then it can already be done well within the rules of Invasions, and Major factions communicating it out. With no added stress to the Staff, or Members Other than normal invasion stress and troubles.

A+ for effort, but I don't think its what the site needs. More rules on how to take territory from others.

Kiff Brayde Kiff Brayde

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom