Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flashback:The Ties that Bind [Haven Pryde]

Seltos
Somin City
Three years ago
The latest stop from a Vagrant Fleet way-station; Seltos was a planet that was calm, and relaxed. It boasted no social hierarchy, and was generally in the business of taking care of itself. Reports of the planet being a simple and pleasant atmosphere allured Dekkan. He was looking for simple. Something he could lose himself in, but he hadn't quite found that particular niche just yet. Over the past few months, the man had tried various jobs, and while he wasn't at all bad at them, it wasn't something he found as a long lasting situation. He needed to start over, that much he knew - but he didn't exactly know where. Somin city hosted a wide range of industrial wood working, and agricultural means of employment, and Dekkan had found himself doing some light mill work. He was only planet-side for the work though, when he was off-duty, it was the orbital cities that had a small place to relax and sleep.

Dekkan was a man of simple means now, and he didn't need much in the way of material possessions to find himself in a relaxed state. There however was more to the man then met the eye, and a few of his co-workers noticed that on occasion. Nothing to speak of though, and he certainly wasn't going to approach the subject. Fray kept to himself putting on only an amicable smile now and then to pass the time with people he didn't get close enough to. He felt it better that way - as he was still dealing with things that would generally not be looked at with a lot of grace. A great many things in his past he wished he could wipe off the slate of his mind, but those memories were ever-present. He'd however been successful in keeping them at bay after much heartache and trials. The Vagrant Fleet being one of the ways he was starting out for himself.

After a long day of working at the mill, Dekkan's shuttle took him up through the atmosphere and towards the orbital city where he would hang his proverbial hat. The tell-tale signs of mill work caked his simple attire of cloth and denim. A good shower, a drink or two, and he'd be able to relax for a few days. The work went by well enough, but it still wasn't hitting the spot, but he'd give it a little while longer before moving on. The transport docked, letting Dekkan's boots touch the durasteel platform as he hefted the black bag over his shoulder containing his change of clothes, and the payment from this last three-day job. His path shifted as he tred the now familiar streets of the orbital city making his way towards his domicile. The setting sun in the distance casting it's amber hued glow on the litany of dwellings set in a row, all identical to the next save for the insides.

Seltos housed it's employ in these barracks, allowing each worker roam and board while they worked planet-side. Slipping inside after giving his handprint to the scanner and tossing his bag to the side where a chair rested. The lights were dim as usual, not needing a great deal of artificial light when the sun's rays shone through the window to the west. Shuffling over towards the sink, he hit the faucet and began to wash his hands, getting the grime and dirt off his hands and forearms with a cloth. Something caught the man's eye though - a single door left ajar across the hall, and a worn smashball novelty hat on the floor. Drying his hands with the towel, Dekkan moved towards the hat and bent to pick it up.

"Not where I left you." He uttered while dusting off the cap and hanging it back up on a hook beside the ajar doorway. "Not sure you're going to find much of value here - I don't own a lot, so let's stop this game while you're ahead, and not injured. What do you want?" He asked, though to whom he was speaking wasn't obvious, as there didn't seem to be anyone else in the dwelling save for him at the moment. He simply knew better.

@[member="Haven Pryde"]

Haven Pryde

Pirate Queen | ODF Marine
SETTING THE MOOD
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_1WtgH59XE&list=PLYjpgFJEmHCApfvTEuH2LKs-CR8vRN-aE&index=3[/youtube]

Haven was in the man's apartment sifting through his personal life, she had been in here all day from the time he went to work to the time he came home, she had gotten in only moments after he left via picking the lock and then entering, seeing as he wasn't home she entered his room only after going through his computer and finding some pretty interesting things about his viewing history, and the peculiar things he had laying about his house, she found the hidden guns and procured them and even rehid them so he wouldn't have a single idea on where they would be unless he looked hard for them.

As she waited in his room she went through his cable channels and rented adult movies on his charge and even rented expensive movies on regular holovision, she was entertained for the whole day and was definitely not liking her job, it was boring and she was informed she needed to not be seen by anybody while making her mark, her life had been simple since she was a galaxy renowned assassin and a bit of a myth and so she was well respected in a lot of circles, yet she also knew she was special due to being able to harness the force yet untrained but she is still equipped with it.

As she hears the door open hours later and hears him inside his apartnment she gets off the bed and puts her back to the wall nearest the door ready to make her move on him as he came near it, his bed room was dark and so she could not be seen, especially since she is wearing an all black outfit with her blonde hair in a ponytail and sunglasses hiding her eyes with black studded fingerless gloves on, her own race has no fingerprints so she is not concerned with leaving them behind. She is also very skilled with stealth so she knows he wouldn't be able to hear her yet she made one wrong move and that was leaving the hat on the ground bad move pussy-cat she whispered to herself as she waited.

As he comes near and offers for her to come out she quickly pushes herself off the wall and comes about placing her guns at his head and giving a sadistic smirk while chewing on gum Miss me? she asked as she stood there, she knows he didn't since he doesn't know her and so it was more of a joke than anything else and then she looks around making sure the apartment is empty save for them both and looks back at him You've been a very bad boy Fray, and I have been sent to settle the debt you owe... now how would you like to pay....credits or gonads? she remarked as she winked at him through her sunglasses as she said the word gonads.

@[member="Dekkan Fray"]

The feel of durasteel pressed against his temple was an all-too familiar feeling, and one that brought back memories. Memories of war, betrayal, and confrontation. It wasn't the first time someone had the business end of a blaster against his face, and he wagered it wouldn't be the last. It wasn't surprising that someone had been in his place - though it would of been more of a surprise if they were actually here to steal anything. Dekkan wasn't in the habit of leaving tracks - not since he fell off the grid several years ago. People in the Vagrant fleet catered to anonymity, and had left him in a few good places while he tried to piece together parts of his life, and try and create something new out of a wasted past. He always suspected people would catch up sooner or later, but after a while - he had just stopped caring.

Dekkan let out a sigh as he lifted his head, feeling the barrel of the blaster slide against his black hair. His motions were slow, as his cobalt eyes shifted to the side to watch the woman dressed in black that had her trained pieces on him. She seemed rather confident about herself, and informed enough to get his name. There was a price on his head - several actually. It was however unlikely that she even remotely knew about why there was a price. Most bounty hunters didn't ask questions - it was bad for business. They collected bodies for money. In truth it was a good gig, with one fatal weakness - the unpredictable variable. That thing that changed the game, and turned it from another job into a life lesson and sometimes the last life lesson. Though as calm as she was, Dekkan mirrored it with an aloof state of uncaring.

"Credits? Can't imagine what bill of goods they've been selling now." He asked in rhetoric as he slowly turned letting that barrel slide over his temple and rest now on his forehead without even blinking. "You really don't want to know what I owe - but I can assure you it isn't credits." Fray replied in a glib manner as he glanced to the kitchen and then back to Hayden. As if she wasn't even training blasters to end his life, he simply offered a shrug and jerked his thumb in the direction of the kitchen. "You hungry? I just got off shift, and I was fixing to make a meal. Think of it as a last one if it makes you feel any better." Dekkan didn't wait for a reply as he took a step back and moved to the cupboards. If Hayden had been here as long as he figured she had, there weren't any dangerous weapons in reach for Fray to grab onto, and he wasn't going for them anyway.

Fray had long made peace that he might just die for the crimes he committed. He'd even thought about doing the favor for those out there if not for some very influential people in his past that had helped dissuade him from that very dark and selfish path. He'd faced death more times than he could count, and this wasn't remotely as intense of a situation as he figured his final days might be. If they wanted him dead, if she wanted to kill him - she would of already shot. No, she needed something from him, or at least wanted it. Whatever it was, wasn't in this apartment - and apparently only he could give it to her. So with the threat of death not being the black rain cloud it would be for most, he'd essentially taken the charge out of her blasters in a strictly metaphorical sense.

@[member="Haven Pryde"]

Haven Pryde

One thing was for certain, her contractor was correct that this man was as smug as they come and predictable....the guy even offered her a bite to eat who the hell offers the one that's going to bring them to justice a bite to eat? she asked herself and then walked over while placing her guns on her hips and secured them, she was not in the mood for games but for now she would play the game his way.

As Haven walked over she swayed her hips for extra measure and readied herself for just about anything, she kept watch on him and then adjusted her own wrist casters and made sure they were eqeipped with the stun darts...

as she walked over she looked at him and replied in a more seductive tone You're a hard target to track down she then adjusted her hair and got the strands out of her face and waited.

@[member="Dekkan Fray"]

"That is the general idea." Dekkan said with a groan as he pulled out a duraplast thin sheet, and set it down. A trip to the cooler was next, producing fresh vegtables and other assorted greens, pulling out what he'd need for the meal. Among some other talents, cooking was something he'd always had a knack for but really didn't that much attention to. It was just stuff he remembered from his mother during his formative years, and those traits had stuck with him. "You're not the first though, so don't flatter yourself. There is however, a reason why you're the one who has the blasters this time." Fray said, liberating a slicing knife from the set he had sitting on the counter. Just to emphasize that he wasn't trying anything, he kept it against the board the entire time, and didn't raise it in the air. First came the roots of celery stalk, which he started to chop up into finer bits. Dekkan's calm and aloof behavior suggested that he certainly wasn't worried about Haven's presence, and was more interested in making a meal. A glance in her direction was offered as he completed his thought. "After a while, I just stopped trying to hide, and focused on trying to do something for myself, instead of worrying about who was around the next corner."

Wise enough words for Dekkan. He had learned that through his grief, and trials in the last decade of his life, that there was no point in worrying about the next threat around the corner. If all he did was worry or try and stay a step ahead, he wasn't living his life anymore. The fear and the paranoia were controlling him to the point that he was only staying a step ahead to merely exist. Once he found the Vagrant Fleet and got truly off the radar, he just led a simple life, best he could. He still had the demons to deal with, still had the night terrors and memories to haunt him. He could deal with that, or at least try to. What he could however give up was the need to keep checking over his shoulder every few seconds. Setting up a pot on the induction coils, he started the water to a boil and began to toss in the chopped vegetables. A selection of dehydrated pasta was next, breaking them up into even chunks and tossing them into the pot.

"So what do I call you?" He asked turning while he wiped his hands off with a dish towel. "Doesn't matter if it's your real name or not, but if I'm having company, name's help." He knew she'd be defensive. Most good bounty hunters tried to keep themselves emotionally detached from their targets. He'd done that before when he was working with his brother and the squad of soldiers acting as a mercenary team. The team itself was a band of brothers, but their targets were simply that. Targets. Dekkan however was not just any target, he showed no typical signs of confrontation, and seemed rather amicable when faced with the threat of an assassin standing in his domicile. "I know you're not going to tell me who hired you, or who you're working for. So I figure I'd do the talking this time. Let you know a bit about what you're getting yourself into. Mainly.." He said as he turned and began to stir the pot to mix up the herbs, and other ingredients so it would boil evenly. "...because even if you do bring me to wherever, you might want to be prepared for what comes next. I can guarantee, it's not what you're expecting."

@[member="Haven Pryde"]

Haven Pryde

Haven listened with a calm mind and a composed posture and then she smirked his way when he asked her name, she was not in the business to give things like that out and definitely not committed to this job, but she too had debts and so this came only as a rouse to have her own forgiven knowing the cartels offered the assignment to free her of her own torturous days in the reeducation facility, a Diathim captured and violently tortured into servitude and made into a semi-cold blood assassin and huntress.

The perfect assassin since Diathim were the only race that looked just as those around them perceive them as, so therefor she has taken up hundreds of looks, the favorite...blond haired Kayla and Brown Haired Tryppe. The more favorites are those two for some reason, the last one is Haven's true for which is a glowing pink-white figure that before, about 20 years earlier looked so angelic and sympathetic...now she has taken on a cold blooded nature, razor sharp fangs with talons and torn wings.... she looks more like a demon yet her wings are the only things she can hide and not let anybody see.

As Haven stands here she smirks for a brief moment in time and then throws out her hunting identity Ice Queen she stated simply as she stood there and then waited as she did she focused more on the food than on him, she didn't need to eat but since she is half diathim it helps to retain her mental abilities and energy.

@[member="Dekkan Fray"]

The name wasn't familiar, nor was it expected. It did however seem to speak about her personality - and as he silently judged it, one thing was crystal clear; trying to warm her up wasn't the best of plans. During an earlier time in his life, he might of known the name from the circles he ran in, but now it was just as unknown as the rest of her story. Dekkan had another name as well, one that was far from his true identity, but he didn't speak of it anymore - as he tried hard to forget the things associated with that moniker. The pot on the stew was slid on as he let the heat die to a slow simmer, and his focus turned to that of the main portion of the meal; the meat. Another trip to the cooler produced cut nerf steaks, which he soon had in a pan along with some seasoning that he had brought from the cupboards. The meal itself was meant for more than one, but that was only because he was not attempting to feed two instead of just himself. Company was rare for Dekkan, so he took it wherever it came into his life, even at the unexpected surprise of an assassin hired to collect on his head.

"I don't know anything about your family Miss Ice, but the very reason you are standing here is because of my family." Fray said, starting out with an explanation as to what he eluded to earlier. Flipping the pan up and angling it down, Dekkan caught the other side of the nerf steaks on the ban as fire engulfed it and then simmered down again. His back resided to Haven at the moment, but the story continued. "Suffice to say I don't have a lot of fond memories of them, but that is besides the point." He paused for a moment sprinkling some additive seasoning on the other side of the meat.

"Whoever hired you is just a smaller cog in a machine that has been turning for many more years than I care to remember. Most of it has to do with my brother, but the orders themselves are coming from my Father, or one of his many ties in his position." A glance over his shoulder was given to Haven as he clarified. "Senator." The connection was rarely made as his father didn't use the last name in his political dealings, and very few actually knew who the man was. "I share quite a substantial amount of blame, yes...but he has a larger list of indiscretions that have gone unresolved." A smirk on his face as he turned to let the meat cook while he faced Haven again. "Among them, me."

Moving back towards the cupboard, he pulled down two plates, and some silverware and cups for the both of them. Placing them on the table in a neat stack, he glanced at Pryde for a moment, trying to figure out if she'd be willing to set the table for the both of them. Dekkan was being civil enough with his would be assassin, and this was probably the first time she'd been invited for dinner when the threat of death or dismemberment was on the docket. He liked to think it gave a little bit less incentive to end him for sheer sport or credit. He'd been wrong before though.

@[member="Haven Pryde"]​

Haven Pryde

Haven smirked as he told his story and then walked over as he collected the plates and smirked seductively at him and grabbed the plates, she was not in the place to have him wait on her and this could be his last supper so she felt it was her duty to be civil with him just as he is doing with her, as she set the table she smirked back at him and then leaned against the dinner table facing him I never knew my family, they were gone from a young age it's a sad fact but he would not be told the truth behind the words... she told a half-truth, or a fib...

As haven watched him she placed her hands on her guns and then ran her fingers through her hair, she was antsy to get the job done... and as it was done the contractor wanted his hand for proof of the kill, and she was intent on making her deadline.

@[member="Dekkan Fray"]

At least she was an amicable assassin. He was no stranger to their ways or ideals. Most of them were rather cold and shut-off, but that came with the territory. A few were so twisted that they generally loved what they did, and suffering and death were their own reward. Dekkan had pegged this one for the former, and though she might get a thrill out of the contract, it was most likely a way to make ends meet. As much as he didn't relish the idea of being the target, he could respect the need to make a living in the Galaxy. Drawing from the cooler a pitcher of pre-made Jawa Juice, Dekkan set it onto the table before turning back to flip the steaks and check on the stew. Lifting the lid and waving away the steam, he pulled put the spoon and took a small taste. Raising a brow and quirking his lips to the right, the man reached for a clove of garlic hanging in plain sight and tossed a few shavings into the pot before stirring again.

"Family is one of those constant sources of either grief or joy. Even not knowing them can be it's own pitfall." Dekkan responded, having only known his family since birth, but never really knew them until much later in life. The illusions of what they were, or at least what his Father was had shattered many years later, and had become something of a catalyst for everything to follow. "My Father, for instance, is a traitor. He's been a Senator since before I was born, and yet he has done more damage to the Republic than many actual terrorist threats of the Sith Empire or other such factions." Dekkan explained with a small pang of remorse in his voice as he stirred the pot absently. "Has his hands in quite a few things unsavory, but he hides it well." Moving to the heated breadbox, Dekkan pulled out a loaf of spiced bread and sliced off a few slices for him and his guest.

"Alright, looks just about done." He said changing subjects for the time being as he turned down the induction heat, and moved the pan off the burner to slide two slices of perfectly cooked nerfsteak onto Haven's plate and then his own. "Has a touch of raspberry to it, I find it offsets the bitterness." Fray commented before putting the pan on the back burner and collecting the two bowls to ladle some stew into each before coming back to grab the bread. "So, have you ever had dinner with a mark before?" He asked, actually interested as he poured them each a glass of Jawa Juice before finally taking a seat to enjoy what could be his last meal.

@[member="Haven Pryde"]​

Haven Pryde

Haven listened to him as he made his statements about his own father, it was unsettling hearing him speak about his own father like that but it was expected since his father was the contractor and the one she owed money to and so the one she worked for to pay off the debt, even a diathim like her could be persuaded to work off her own debts and be made into a servant of death.

As she waited there she listened with keen interest and smirked at him when he mentioned his father could hide his business practices well, she knew all about this since she did work for the guy and knew he had his hands in slave labor, prostitution and a wide variety of other illegal transactions and whatnot.

As she stood there she continued to smirk and then watched as he served the food and listened to his question, she would have never even thought over the question before but it was odd since she was indeed now having a meal with her mark and this meal could be a deal turner in the fact that this male seems to be different than the rest, they all ran so she knew they were all guilty but this one stood here, possibly accepting his fate and cooked dinner while engaging in conversation.

I can't say that I have had dinner with another mark she admitted as she stood there watching his serve the dinner and then she seated herself and waited for him just to be polite.

@[member="Dekkan Fray"]

Dekkan had suspected as much as he confirmed that he was actually the first target in her cross-hairs that she had dined with. Unless she was supremely covert about her targets, dining with one was generally a lapse in judgement. Fray of course didn't see the need to put on a show, or a pretense of fear or guilt. He knew he was guilty, and had come to terms with that years prior. She might of even had a fight with him had she shown up half a decade or more. Now he wasn't worried, he wasn't sweating the blasters she had strapped to her thighs. No, Dekkan was simply having dinner, and perhaps giving a little glimpse into the reasons that Haven found herself indulging what seemed to be a calm and straight-forward man. Breaking off a small chunk of the spice bread and dunking it into the soup, Dekkan took the first bite, glancing up at Haven for a moment longer.

"Well hopefully the food will make up for the company. Can't imagine my choice of topic is all that appealing." He offered studying her face for the time being. She was rather beautiful, if you could get passed that hard exterior, and the current hair-style. She wasn't set up to be alluring here, she was dressed to kill - literally. Dekkan was far more rugged and unkempt. He'd been working a triple day excursion to the planet-side, and his current garb was peppered with debris dust, and he had more than a few scars showing on his arms from his past. Black hair was semi-combed, but he was certainly not presentable for company in the social circles. Lifting the glass of juice to his lips and taking a swig, a pursing of his lips came before his glass touched the table again.

@[member="Haven Pryde"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom