Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flames

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
LIANNA

As expected the coming of the Empire had not caused the collapse of Tionese society.

In fact, they were experiencing freedom that they hadn't felt for many years. Not since the glory days of the Tion Hegemony and the power of the greatest corporations guaranteeing its neutrality. But those days were over and Alec doubted they would ever reclaim it. Too much time had passed, too many things changed.

No, he truly believed that this was the best course... for now.

He sat in one of the adjacent rooms of the Santhe Corp Headquarters on Lianna. Scribbling some papers, while wondering if it wasn't too early for a dry martini.

At the same time Alec was waiting for Sasha.

Prior to her retirement it had been understood that he'd watch over the company for her. Make sure that it wouldn't burn down during her extended vacation, maybe even take over completely if her holiday became... more permanent. Santhe Corporation was a family holding, after all.

They owned all the shares- the time had long went away that they had to watch for hostile takeovers.

But now it was time to go back to the status quo. His interests in the First Bank of Tion called for his attention and he couldn't be splitting up his focus as much, not with Sasha back and able again.

[member="Sasha Santhe"]​

Sasha Santhe

Majority Share Holder, Santhe Corporation
Sasha was already half in the bag when she approached her office. Sure Alec had been in it for awhile, but it was her office and was about to be again. Or she might keep him in this one and renovate a place in the towers penthouse. "Tion Ways and Tion Laws cousin," Sasha said smiling at her cousin as the door opened. That had become the battle cry of the Tionese people occupied by the Jedi who had violated their treaty. Now it seemed to have finally happened. Sure they had replaced the Jedi rather quickly with the rapidly advancing Sith. Sith happens, what can you do? Besides Sasha and Alec had reached an agreement with the Dark Lord and Empire that let them operate as they did before.

Walking to the back of the desk she sat down and beamed at him legs moving up to rest on the empty desk. "So Cousin Marv says you want to run off and become an accountant?"

[member="Alec Sienar"]

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
[member="Sasha Santhe"]

"Tion Ways and Laws, cousin." Alec agreed before looking up from the paperwork and studying her for a bit. There was somewhat of a glassy substance to her eyes, a reflection, something dull- good lord.

"Have you been drinking, Sasha?"

These were the moments that he wished she had a bit more professionalism. Mostly because it was hard enough for himself to keep him in line and not off doing who knows what with [member="Talbot Vitalis"], so to have her dangle delicious freedom around wasn't helpful. He could go for a drink, two maybe. "No matter, I am sure your magic will keep you straight here."

He waved her down to sit with him and sighed, leaning back against the seat.

"Banking, dear, the Tionese credit must flow and with the Muuns relocating most of their efforts to Kiribi?" A shrug- he didn't really understand what the InterGalactic Banking Clan had been thinking with that move.

Why would you shift your base of operations to a random world in the Core?

"It might not be as exciting as big big star destroyers, but money keeps the world spinning."

Sasha Santhe

Sasha smiled as she listened to her cousin talking about money and the banking clan. Smiling and laughing as Alec said 'world spinning' Sasha pushed off the desk with her feet and spin around on her chair making a rapid circle. Laughing the entire time Sasha tapped into the force taking the edge off her inebriation before settling to a stop. "Credits are credits, family is family."

Standing Sasha crossed the room and walked up to Alec leaning in close enough to make him squirm. "My Magic, as you put it, keeps me sharp enough." Her arms rested over over Alec's shoulders and she she smiled staring at him in the eyes. She liked to make him feel uncomfortable, a little joke they shared. "Besides you're my fiance," she said with utter sarcasm, "If I ever got in trouble you'd come to bail me out and help.

Batting her eyelashes she took a few steps back laughing. "Oh Alec, you look even grumpier than the time I painted your fingernails. Then again you were such a pretty boy." She winked stepping back.

"Look I'm glad you're doing your thing and settling into accounting. I really am. I feel so much better knowing that the Tionese Economy at least won't be struggling because of the whims of some outsider."

[member="Alec Sienar"]

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
[member="Sasha Santhe"]

"Most of those problems you find yourself in are by your own design, cousin." Alec pointed out, while trying to ignore just how close she was getting to him. Oh, Sienar knew she was doing it on purpose to get a rise out of him and make him uncomfortable. But that did not stop it from being a bit... ugh. Why was it so hard to have a partner in the family that wasn't nuts?

Where was Cousin Renee?

She always had a straight head- oh, right, motorboat accident. Pity.

Now she got a snort out of him, maybe even a bit of a chuckle. "You painted them bright pink, Sasha, don't even get me started on the time you tried to dye my hair bright acidic green." Nose wrinkled a bit. "It clashed deeply with my eyes, you know."

"Tion for Tion, Sash- that's always been our motto. Who are you taking on to run all these subsidiaries anyway?" He had been made aware that Sasha had started to reorganize the feth out of Santhe Corp. Always mostly a holdings company, she was apparently planning on centralizing things more in the main company, while consolidating the numerous holdings they had.

He wasn't sure if that was wise.

Why fix what ain't broken? But Santhe had run this company for decades now, she would presumably know better.

Sasha Santhe

"I'd forgotten about the hair," Sasha laughed alongside Alec and stepped back dipping her hand into her jacket to produce a flask. "You were always my favorite. I think that's why they wanted us to get married." Because Sasha was the prodigy and Alec was the responsible one.

After taking a quick swig she sat back her rear landing on the edge of her desk. Leaning she extended an arm to her cousin offering him a drink. "Consolidating, centralizing." Sasha nodded confirming. "We have to deal with so many different interplanetary faction, planetary, and regional tax codes. It would be easier for us to compartmentalize and change. Streamline the company as it were." And then there was more reasons. "Plus with all the utter chaos in the galaxy I think its better we not put all our eggs in one basket. Our neutrality has gotten us through multiple regimes here on Tion, not to mentions the wars, the galactic crisis's and overall uncertainty." Looking very pleased with herself she shook the flask a bit and quickly added, "Throughout it all Santhe and Sienar have remained."

It was true enough. She'd outlived almost all of her old rivalries and even many of her allies. She remembered fondly the old Tion gang and her hidden nature that had even managed to pull the wool over the eyes of several Jedi in person and the Silver Jedi as a whole during their occupation. Point was, she is a survivor. When the last star in the galaxy goes out and there is not but dust there shall also be Sasha.

The woman beamed her cousin a superior little smile.

[member="Alec Sienar"]

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
[member="Sasha Santhe"]

She might have.

He certainly hadn't.

It was one of the reasons why Alec kept his hair short these days, truth to be told. There was so much less of a hassle when that was the case. "Oh maybe. I think they hoped I'd rein you in somewhat." Another snort at that amusing though. Somehow the Sienar scion doubted that there was anything that could truly rein in Sasha. Maybe not even herself in that regard.

But the offer of the drink was accepted with a grateful nod. "Mm, lessee what- Derellium Amber?" Another sip and it was passed on over back to her, while the bite did its work on him.

"Didn't peg you for a Derellium amber person."

A nod followed.

"Sienar Fleet will remain on Lienna, yes?" There were rumors and Alec could find out- it was his name on the door, after all. But he liked to keep those things separate now that Sasha was back. "I imagine you will want to move some of our operations out of Tion then. Core-wards?" Head tilted as opportunity came afoot. "Expensive rearrangement, the First Bank would have no issue guaranteeing some of the liquid assets."

There was the smile as Alec saw his own benefit.

Sasha Santhe

She looked at the flask and took another quick swig before depositing it in her jacket. "It's a refined beverage for more civilized people." Sasha winked looking over at her cousin. Truth was it was what happened to be on the shelf at a bar she raided downstairs before coming up. Generally she preferred a stronger liquor to keep the demons away. "Elegant and smooth with a bit of punch."

Back to her chair Sasha sit and looked down at the desk pressing a few buttons on the console built in. "Really Alec? Is this the sort of thing you're interested in?" she cocked her head to the side and stared at the screen. "I never would have never thought you would be into that." She quirked her eye and smiled. "You really should delete your browser history."

Before he could even respond she quickly said; "Of course our fleet assets are staying on Lianna," Sasha waved Alec off, "It would be too much of a hassle to move and rebuild shipyards." A frown covered her face.

[member="Alec Sienar"]

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
Sienar snorted.

"If you were actually looking at my browser history, you'd probably call the guard on me." In truth Sasha was one of the few people that Alec could really relax with. There were no expectations, no need to stand with formalities or otherwise try to make himself better than what he was.

It was simple.

Only after that did he start pondering about the next moves Santhe would be making. There were possibilities, of course.

Obvious candidates that would probably be mentioned first in any report.

"What worlds are you thinking to settle for this reorganization?"

Sasha Santhe

"If I was actually looking at your browser history I'd doubt I'd care enough to call the guard," Sasha retorted. "You're a wonderful personal Alec but you're not that interesting all around. Of course we could work on that." Sasha laughed a little as she leaned back. "I'm looking at Carida for Sienar Army Systems, they have a long martial tradition that could be exploited."

Frowning he looked back down at the data. That was the only solid plan she had, for the rest of their operations the location wasn't such a big deal, not with the naval facilities staying on Lianna. "We're investigating tax benefits and regulations on a number of other planets. We'll entertain bidding for those contracts."

Sasha shrugged. It was always about getting the best deal. "We can talk further about your bank if you wish. I'm sure you could use some guaranteed capital investments."

[member="Alec Sienar"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom