Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship FIV Invictus, Umbra-class Intelligence Star Dreadnought

Status
Not open for further replies.

Travis Caalgen

T
bellator101.jpg

506suw2.png

• Intent: To create an exotic vessel for the Imperial Starfleet, one that challenges the boundaries of the Empire's technology by being different from the common dreadnought.

• Image Source: Here

• Canon Link: N/A

• Restricted Missions:

[Flagship] Gravity - Reactivation of the super star destroyer Lusankya's database gives the Empire insight on the construction of the old Empire's dreadnoughts and the design of the Bellator.

[*]
Primary Source:

bsy7dd5.png

• Manufacturer: The Galactic Empire, First Order Core of Imperial Engineers (refitting), Arceneau Trading Company, Vanir Technologies,

• Model: Umbra-class Intelligence Star Dreadnought

• Affiliation: The First Order

• Production: Unique

• Material:

Quadanium-lined Durasteel Hull

• Titanium-reinforced Alusteel Frame

• Transparisteel Viewports

• Turadium Blast Doors/Shutters

VB38y5d.png

• Classification: Super Star Destroyer

• Length: 5,000m

• Width: 1,750m

• Height: 1,125m

• Armament: Average

x35 Quad Heavy Megamaser Batteries

13 fore

• 11 port

• 11 starboard

[*]
x24 Twin Long Range Megamaser Batteries

• 8 fore

• 8 port

• 8 starboard

[*]
x17 Twin Long Range Ion Cannon Batteries

• 7 fore

• 5 port

• 5 starboard

[*]
x30 Heavy Ion Cannons

• 5 fore

• 10 port

• 10 starboard

• 5 aft

[*]
x60 Variable Warhead Launchers (PRO|A.CON|FLE|D.BOR|CLU)

• 30 port

• 30 starboard

[*]
x360 Quad Maser Cannons

• 60 fore

• 120 port

• 120 starboard

• 60 aft

[*]
x240 Point Defense Maser Cannons

• 80 fore

• 60 port

• 60 starboard

• 40 aft

[*]
Defences: Moderate

[*]
Hangar: Average

• 21 Squadrons of Combat Starfighter

• Various Non-Combat Starships

[*]
Manoeuvrability Rating: Moderate

[*]
Speed Rating: Moderate

[*]
Hyperdrive Class: 2 | Back-up 8.0

6B6cGI8.png

• Star Dreadnought Ion Drives

• Star Dreadnought Hazard and Damage Control Systems

• Star Dreadnought Life Support Systems

• Star Dreadnought Navigational Systems

• Star Dreadnought Sensors and Targeting Systems

• Star Dreadnought Communications Systems

• Star Dreadnought Environmental Control Systems

• Star Dreadnought Tractor Beams

• Star Dreadnought Escape Pods

• Holonet Transceiver and Encryption/Decryption Networks
sQOsJT9.png

[*]
Hyperwave Inertial Momentum Sustainer (HIMS)

[*]
'Bastion' Combat System

OqoYf0X.png

• Above-Average Shielding - While it's shielding is nowhere on par with that of its cousin, the Pellaeon, it can still get the job done for the Invictus; defending from most conventional attacks from smaller starships for decent periods of time.

• Good Speed - Although outclassed by its other in the realm of defences, the Invictus is superior in the aspect that it has a higher speed and manoeuvrability rating, permitting it to execute tactics and formations that are normally difficult for star dreadnoughts.

• Advanced Technology - Armed with various stealth technology as well as a highly advanced cloaking device, the Invictus brings much in the way of utility to the battlefield, being able to ambush and throw off entire fleets with its awesome power.

• Exotic Weaponry - Chiss-made megamasers have been installed in lieu of regular turbolasers, granted the vessel somewhat of an edge against starships that thought they would be facing an enemy armed with turbolasers.
pjGtWYa.png

• Exotic Weaponry - Surprisingly, the ships is also at a slight disadvantage with the megamasers. If one were to malfunction during battle, it would be out of the fight entirely due to the fact that Imperial engineers simply do not have enough experience with megamasers in order to carry out quick repairs, hindering the ship in a prolonged fight with its shields down.

• Unwieldy - With a length of five kilometres, the Invictus, even with its above-average manoeuvrability, will be hard to position accurately when its moving hundreds of thousands of tonnes at once.

• Large Superstructure - The dorsal superstructure of the vessel is at most a few kilometres long, and lacks point-defence technology due to most of the masers being on the tips of the port and starboard sections. This means that small snubfighters and bombers could, provided the pilot is competent enough, slip through the ships defences and cause damage to the exposed command bridge.

• Costly - Only one ship of this class was ever made, due to the sheer amount of research and credits that had to go into a project such as this. If it were to go down in battle, it would be a very serious hit to the Imperial economy.
xQNBvuk.png

As the Great Galactic War spiralled into uncontrollable chaos, the Empire acknowledged its need for another ship to carry out the duties as the primary war coordinator as the Pellaeon was called back to Imperial territory to defend it. While sheer firepower was necessary to rend the bravado of the Galactic Alliance and its allies, the Empire realized that they needed to outwit the enemy most of all.

Cloaking technology had always been a niche topic, bordering fringe science, in the eyes of Weapons Director Travis Caalgen, but it had more than proven its applications in all forms of warfare from guerilla to outright fleeting actions. The designs had been drawn out, but the most difficult part would be gathering the materials for construction. Covert raids on both Enigma Prime and Aeten II were launched in an effort to acquire the required stygium crystals for the device, and afterwards, construction began immediately over numerous sites at Scarif, Kothlis, and Bothawui.

The end result was the terrifying pinnacle of Imperial technology, a ship that would become so dreaded that the admirals and captains of the adversary would only mention it in fearful whispers. Megamasers, an advanced cloaking device, and bright blue ion engines were the visage of the new INV Invictus, the first and likely last Umbra-class Intelligence Star Dreadnought.

Grand Admiral, First Order Central Command
[member="Travis Caalgen"]

The main thing I'm struggling with right now is that you have a dreadnought here equipped with a cloaking device that nullifies the sole vulnerability of cloaking devices. I question the viability of GAM's counteracting a CGT in the first place, but in the case of this sub I cannot countenance the approval of an undetectable stealth dreadnought. The easiest solution is to simply remove the GAM's, of course.

I'm still doing some comparison to the Pellaeon and Itsukusk as far as the ratings go, but the above jumped out at me.

Travis Caalgen

T
[member="Cyrus Tregessar"]

You're right.

It's a five-kilometre dreadnought, I doubt GAMs are going to do much to hide its mass in the first place. I've removed them but I hope you'll permit me to keep the other detection-beating devices.

I'll await your next judgement with the ratings after you do your comparison.

This submission has been pulled for re-review as a super star destroyer/dreadnought to be transferred from an older major faction to a new one.

This submission does not require new/additional dominions to be provided for approval, it only needs balancing.

Travis Caalgen

T
[member="Lily Kuhn"]

Both this and the Pellaeon have been edited into the Factory 5.0 starship template and are ready for review.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom