Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Fist of the God Slayer

Status
Not open for further replies.
leonid-postnyi-8.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

• Intent: Personal Scattergun for Sterling Kinslayer.
  • Image Source: Here
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Sterling's Komo Tribe
  • Affiliation: Sterling Kinslayer
  • Model: N/A
  • Modularity: Beyond ammunition, no.

• Production: Unique
  • Material: Scattergun components, Leather, Wood, Phrik
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Slugthrower/Scattergun
  • Size: Large,
  • Weight: Heavy
  • Ammunition Type: Slug shells / Scattergun ammunition
  • Ammunition Capacity: 2 Shells

• Reload Speed: Slow
  • Effective Range: Average,
  • Rate of Fire: Very High
  • Stopping Power: Very High to Extreme (When double fired)
  • Recoil: Very High to Extreme
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Double Barrels
  • Variable Ammunition
  • Powerful Shots
  • Auto-Eject Shells
  • Mechanical Double-Fire Trigger
Strengths:
  • Stop, in the name of Violence: The power of the weapon is attributable to the strength of Komo, who are expected to wield it. Being a sturdy, strong race of warriors with the strength of Trandoshans or Wookiees, no punches were pulled making a weapon that could stop something, or send smaller enemies flying at close range.
  • Variety is the spice of Death: Little bit longer ranges? Load slugs. Closer range? Spread shots. The variety of slugthrower scattergun rounds that can be loaded provide a variety options.
  • Lightsaber Resistant: The phrik portions of the shotgun are able to block and deflect a lightsaber. Hopefully the weapon is loaded too for immediate karma applied directly to the face.
  • Two for One: The pressure on the trigger can trigger the weapon to fire one shell, then the other. If fully squeezed right away, both shells will fire near instantaneously, emptying the only shots in the gun for greater combined force.
Weaknesses:
  • The Ol' One Two: Two shots, that's it. Miss both, somehow, and you're out. It may be easy to reload, but it is slower than a lot of modern weapons. And there are plenty of situations where you won't get the chance to reload.
  • Goodbye Shoulder: While proper technique and being a species several factors stronger than a human minimizes it, this gun kicks. Badly. It wouldn't be surprising to dislocate a human's shoulder, or smack them in the face. Even if you are strong enough to handle that, it will kick like nothing else, throwing off a second shot if you try to fire it one after the other safely.
  • Overclocked: Using a 'heavier' or more aggressive loads, as are often common with more modern rounds, the auto eject system can sometimes fail to eject the load. Using these more powerful loads isn't impossible as long as they fit the barrels, however if the auto ejection fails these rounds must be removed by hand.
  • One size: The weapon is incapable of conforming to modern standards. No extra attachments, no new sights, only the basic iron sights the weapon had built into it and no way to modify the barrel.
  • Big ol' Boomstick: This weapon is big. Big and loud, making it not only difficult to conceal and carry, if not impossible that is, but a massive liability in anything but a loud gunfight. The end of the barrel's design creates loud, massive 'fireballs' easily visible in night, or low light conditions. The explosions at the end of the barrel are so loud and bright, it'd take someone being blind and deaf, or dead, to not notice it.
DESCRIPTION
There are few weaponsmiths among the Komo, perhaps five across dozens of tribes capable of making a masterwork of a weapon. Usually, they fashion clubs, spears, daggers, out of bones and scrap metal, but on occasion they acquire, more rare materials. This is one such result, a masterwork weapon created in a festival, as a symbol of power for the winner of a cross-alliance contest of strength. Sterling won this weapon from his tribe's master of crafts, through materials they acquired from several offworlder corpses. One of the few slugthrowers his tribe tolerated, it was made to be truly powerful for them and them alone.

The powerful weapon was made by a relatively primitive tribe one must remember, and as a consequence when offworld at last, Sterling found it difficult at times to use more modern specialty rounds. They often were just slightly too wide, able to fit in but expanding enough that they jammed, requiring him to pull it out. However, it more than made up for it in both the symbolic nature, and the fact it could probably knock a human flat on their back if he hit them right. So it really worked out for him, as long as he didn't need more than two shots.

[member="Sterling Kinslayer"], I love me some shotguns. However, there are some conflicts with this one, others on the site, as well as real world counterparts.

Sterling Kinslayer said:
The Ol' One Two: Two shots, that's it. Miss both, somehow, and you're out. It may be pretty easy to reload but, reload all you want, it's still two shots. There are plenty of situations where you won't get the chance to reload.
This weakness is very much true with double barreled shotguns. However, reload speed for them are actually IRL, fairly slow. Where as a standard rifle has a button to pop out the magazine, and load up anywhere from 5-100-200 rounds depending on the magazine, A double barrel shotgun requires you to manually load two shells into the right chamber, then snap the barrel back into place. (Hatch design you have in your picture suggests this, and its a standard of double barrels IRL). Hell, even many games you see will have a slower reload time on double barrels because its true to life. Not just a game mechanic.

Secondary to this, Rate of fire for this shotgun is listed currently as slow, yet you have the function for literally emptying everything you have in one go. This makes me believe that the shotgun should have the Very Fast firing speed as you legit unload two rounds, the only two rounds it has, with one trigger pull.

Sterling Kinslayer said:
Overclocked: Firing both barrels together is a terrible, terrible idea. The force produced can damage the weapon, especially if firing some kind of specialty round. The best guess would be there is an 85-90% chance one or both barrels 'break', or jam in some way, requiring post battle maintenance to be fully operational.
This weakness doesn't make a whole heck of a lot of sense. You are using Phrik, which is by standards of super steels, Literally comparable to Beskar in many cases. Which means its durability is stupid good. Your barrels are fine. In many cases, Massive rounds fired from RL counter parts are built beefy or with specific steels to prevent the blunderbuss effect on your barrels, or for the chambers to crack. While it does happen, its very rare, and tends to only happen on much older guns that have seen some wear and tear. Like, hundreds of years of wear and tear. Having owned many guns myself, one of them is a double barrel shotgun that my great grandfather owned just before WWI, and I still go out and shoot it till this day. No problems at all. Its not made out of some supersteel that you have here. This weakness makes no sense thematically with the kind of weapon you are working with.

Sterling Kinslayer said:
Jammed Barrel: Even in normal fire, it isn't uncommon for specialty rounds (i.e. incendiary, explosive shots, mercy rounds, etc.) to jam barrels of the weapon, requiring manual unloading. This is due to the weapon's more archaic nature, modern specialty rounds are somewhat larger in size than the primitive rounds the weapon was designed for.
IRL, if you load or a round that is physically "bigger" than the bore size, then the gun won't close. Simple. If it won't fit in the chamber, then it won't even close for you to fire it. Now if you mean "Aggressive Loads" meaning it has a higher grain count/More powerful round then I can understand the thought process here. However you specifically mention size. Not the grain count, nor it being a more powerful round.

So, if you would like to find replacements for these two weaknesses, I, with the upmost recommendation, urge you to have other weaknesses on there. It could be something as simple as not being able to conform with newer technologies, and thus you are stuck with the Iron sights you have on there, IE no scopes, no lights, no bayonets, nothing. The weapon comes as is.

Another option is that because it has the "large" rating, you could have mention that due to its size, its difficult to conceal, store, or otherwise carry around without someone clearly noticing that you have this weapon. Another is that since it seems to have a mussel break, that the literal explosion caused from firing this weapon means you can't really use it in sneaky situations because the explosion is bright as hell, and loud as hell. Mussel devices such as that limit recoil in many cases, but also cause "fireballs" when fired that can easily be seen in dark/low light conditions, and can make the gun sound much louder due to the shorter barrel allowing more of the unburned powder out of the gun, and burning up in the air literally a meter from your face.

If you have any questions, or would like more insight for potential weaknesses to replace those two that I mentioned above, let me know and I am more than willing to help.

[member="Auberon"]

My thought process with breaking the gun is more about the finer pieces inside the firing mechanism itself more than the barrels, thinking the severe force being output would cause blowback to break part of the firing mechanism. If that doesn't make much sense I can easily remove it but that was more what I meant.

As for the second weakness you pointed out as flawed, would removing reference to size and making it a comment on grain count/power than actual size? Forgive my thought process, I didn't know a better way to try and convey the auto eject system not activating. I'll deffinately add a few weaknesses onto it as you suggested however.

[member="Sterling Kinslayer"],

For the weakness of breaking parts, My point is still valid. Even the internal parts are fairly durable. If you created a post-apocalyptic shotgun? Sure parts would break on it. However, one that was made specifically with the purpose of being able to fire both barrels at the same time is not going to break as easily as you may believe it to. If you still want to have that weakness, then fine with me. Its your weapon. I am just saying from the standpoint of a blacksmith, as well as a Gun nut, that it doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Yeah, if you would like to mention that using a "heavier load" or a powerful round not usually meant for the shotgun, then that would be a good replacement for it.

You are fine. Sometimes we all have in mind what we want, but when it comes to writing it down, we just can't find the right words.

[member="Sterling Kinslayer"], Thank you very much for working with me on this. If you have any further questions, or have questions about subs in general, don't hesitate to PM me if needed.

Otherwise, Enjoy your shotgun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom