Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fist Meets Face (Xander Carrick)

This is for the homeless shelter.

There always seemed to be a need for credits. It was almost as if the galaxy was one bottomless pit when it came to money. These sorts of things drained Nick of everything he had left. There was a shelter nearby, one that needed to do a few repairs that needed to be paid for. As much as he would have liked to do them himself, these were beyond his scope of being able to fix it up.

The cost was definitely beyond the scope of what he had.

There was a certain luck if one were to call it that, when it came to this situation. Nick was fortunate enough to have the ability to fight, something he was proud of, and there happened to be people who gambled their money away on fights. If he could win a few fights, then he would be able to take the money and give it to the people who deserved it. Of course, there was part of him that liked the fact that he was able to do this sort of thing while helping.

Nick had learned a lot about fighting, sometimes he liked doing things with it. A quick stretch and a glance over at his opponent for this match. The good thing about using his fists was that there wasn't much of a chance for somebody to die. That would have definitely ruined his day.

I decided to do something different. And oh was I paying for it.

This kind of fight was pure hand to hand combat. No other weapons. Though I may have not been the best at fighting like this, I knew that I was better than most. With training of my lightsaber, I knew how to keep myself in balance, and to use attacks that would be very precise in the style of fighting. I never even threw a punch at the men that I had fought. I had been using the heel of my hand, and a chop to end my foes. Alright fine, I might have used my feet every so often.

But now I was to face another man. Oh was this not going to be good. He looked to be double my size in pure muscle, and he was older than me. I could barely shave my chin hairs and the peach fuzz that was on my upper lip, but for him, me must have been taking steroids or had alot of gym time. I just hoped that I came out of this with only a few bruises.

@[member="Nicholas Synder"]

There's something about the way this man carries himself, something about the way he looks. I really don't think he looks like the type that's normally part of these things. Heck, I'm not normally a part of these things but at least I somewhat look like I could be. And something seems missing, but maybe I'm putting too much thought into nothing at all. Maybe.

Another thing he noticed was that this guy wasn't all that large. That wasn't something that Nick was going to take lightly, though, he knew that some of the best fighters were the ones that didn't look the part. I might as well see what this guy can do. There's no reason to just rush in too much, though. If he's great at fighting, it would be opening myself up to attack. If he isn't, then that wouldn't be right either.

That was the smart thing to do, think it through. After a few steps getting closer, though, Nick decided to throw all of that to the side. Testing his opponent would be easier if did his best, and opening with a quick attack would be just that. What had started off as steps became a quick sprint. A punch or a kick would be standard, but as soon as he got close he put his arm out to try to grab hold of the man by the left shoulder to try to spin and throw him.

It wasn't the best move, most likely, but it seemed like the most fun at the time.

@[member="Xander Carrick"]

Now this was something different. We were allowed to start whenever we wanted. And the man seemed to be taking his time in attacking me. he was probably thinking how a "child" like me could make it this far. I may not be powerful, but I know that I was smart. sometimes brain over brawn really did work. THe man rushed me, and instead of flinging a punch, he grabbed me and threw me halfway across the ring. However, nothing happened.

Being trained by a Droid in tactics and battle for two years with no distractions made you have fast reaction times. Instead of landing hard on the floor, I rolled once to come up to my feet and slide back a few inchs in my soft shoes. my hand slid across the ground to help slow me down, and before I even stopped moving backwards, I took into action. My feet moved like a blur as I rushed the man.

My left hand came low, aiming for the crook of his knee. Hitting it just right on the side would make his knee bend. I twirled around before I could be smashed into the spot I was, Moving around to the left side of him. I sent my right hand to the neckline in a chop like fashion. I knew not very much about hitting and brawling, but I knew about weak points and how to extend them. I had done so with K when I was still training with her. Now that I was slightly more out on my own now, I needed to think everything through.

At least I know some of what to expect. See, this turned out to be a good idea after all.

There was no time for him to just stand there congratulating himself, though. Nick's opponent wasn't stupid, nor was he weak. At least, it didn't seem like he was. He had been able to throw the guy, and the reaction was to turn it into a roll. Even if that didn't exactly say anything about physical strength, it said something about a knowledge of fighting.

And that's what's going to make this interesting.

A blow went for his knee, and the easiest thing to do was to just go with it. Not only that, but for some reason he hadn't actually thought that somebody would go for his knee. Nick was more used to people going for his stomach, sometimes crotch, or maybe his wrist. His ankles were also popular targets. The thing that came next, though, was something that he was able to counter.

The man was going for his neck.

Nick ducked down quickly, the chop moving over his head. A smirk appeared on his face. This was the perfect opportunity to do one of the things he had been taught. The leg that he was putting his weight on kicked off the ground, and his fist moved to aim for the man's chin. Another move that likely wasn't the smartest, but it sure was fun.

I could see the man's movements as he jumped into the air after my chop to the neck was evaded. His knees bent slightly before the initial jump, and his fist came flashing out towards me. His fist soared past my head as it was the only thing that I moved. As his arm came past me, I had to smile. my left hand shot up to grab the man's wrist. And my elbow came up then back down to his own elbow. It was a very sensitive pressure point. and if hit could cause alot of pain.

He knew about fighting. It was very apparent in how fast he moved, and how well his movements were. But even with that, I was determined not to get hit, because every time that I was pounded on, It would send me back and I would lose my balance.

A grimace overtook his face as the elbow connected with his own, the back of his elbow to be more specific. To say that it hurt would be like saying that the desert was dry.

Of course, this should have been expected.

Nick hadn't been fighting smart. It might be able to be said that he was doing the opposite. That was something that he was going to try to switch, though. They man was holding his wrist, and had hit his elbow, but that gave him a slim opportunity. Using the fact that the man was holding his wrist, the monk end up trying to kick with both of his feet. The idea was simple, he wanted to slam his feet against this man's chest.

This opponent of his was fast, relatively strong, and he knew how to fight. Nick's elbow was likely going to hurt for a few days after this, but this was still one of the most fun fights he had been in for the past few days.

Suddenly I was thrown back with a kick that could topple a Rancor, though that would be a lie, it hurt like hell. I flew back into the ground and lost the wind from my chest. It was hard to breathe, but still I got back up. Looking at the man, I held my left hand over my chest and stomach where his size 14 shoes hit my chest. Looking at him I smiled.

I took a few steps forward and when I was feeling my breath return to me I stood straight up. "Again" I then launched myself at him for a second time. This time I was not going to let myself down. I had determination in my heart, and strength in my arm. as I came for him. The last few steps had a longer stride as I lept into the air bringing my body to twist and send twin kicks to the mans face and as I came down I slammed my fist towards the top of his dome.

It's good to know I'm not the only one having fun. And he's having fun despite being in pain too ... I think.

It was good when he ran into somebody else that enjoyed fighting, mainly because of how these fights normally went. Some people just didn't take well to losing, even when it came to a competition like this. Nick could understand when people were in a life and death situation, or defending people, but some people just didn't see the fun that could come from beating each other senseless.

This guy seemed to be able to.

The man that Nick was fighting seemed to also be one of those types that didn't let up. I can tell I'm going to keep having fun. This fight could go on for a while, and that's just the way it should be. He noticed the man jumped, and then ducked under a couple of kicks that would have seriously hurt his face. Next came a punch, one that was aimed for his head, and the quick response was to actually punch for it as hard as he could.

Part of him braced for the pain.

I smiled as the man avoided my own kicks, and then sent his own hand up. Time for me seemed to slow down as with the force senses. My hand opened to just catch on the man's large fist. he was clearly one to attack as a defense, and as he was larger than me, it was expected to some extent. but the only problem with momentum, is that it likes to keep moving. The rest of my body came down and allowed me to slam against the man. Letting go of his hand. I grabbed for his face, and since I was a person to use everything that I had,

My nails were attempted to be raked across his face. if I made it, then his face would sting, and if I could get his eye, or an ear, he might be forced to deal with some pain as a diversion.

One mistake after another. Heh, looks like I still have a lot of learning to do. Then again, that's what the monks told me. We'll always be learning, up until the day we die.

Nick couldn't do anything about the fact that the man grabbed his fist, too late for that. The man slammed against him, momentum as it was, and the only reaction was to try to push forward to catch the force. His legs didn't like that idea, they shook a little before they became stable again. It's not the worst thing I've ever tried to stop, though. Oh boy, it's definitely not the worst thing I've tried to stop.

A hand went for his face, and that was a surprise. It wasn't a fist, it was an open hand. Either way, the only response that he could think of was to try to grab the man's hand. He had been able to minimize the damage to his knee, but every time he went to use one of his arms his elbow let him know about his mistake. Nick needed to try to toss the man away, to try to get some distance, to get his balance back.

And so he started, as soon as he grabbed the hand, to try to toss the man for a wall. If he could get a few moments to catch his breath, to get his balance back, then maybe this thing could go more his way.

Apparently the man liked to throw me. He had grabbed my hands as they had grabbed at his face. Yanking me off before I could do damage with my nails, he threw me. I was somewhat ready for it letting myself roll back and up to the balls of my feet. Seeing as how I had injured his elbow, and his knee. I allowed the man time to breath as he had done for me. Standing up straight, I smiled at him. The crowd booed at me for not attacking him straight on like I have been, but I could care less. Why fight someone when they are in pain and needing a breath and "earn" a fight by completely obliterating them, than to let them stand at their fullest and come at you with everything they have?

Ah, so he isn't going to be attacking yet. At least I know he isn't so bad.

The time that was given for him to catch his breath wasn't wasted. Nick was used to the idea of having to catch his breath quickly, regain his balance quickly, and this time was no exception. He held out his right arm, his left arm being held back, and position most of his weight on his right leg as he put his foot forward. The crowd didn't seem happy that neither of them were going on the attack, but at this point he didn't care too much about that.

With a wave of his right hand, Nick beckoned his opponent forward. He had rushed forward before, now it was time to see how his opponent did on the offense.

As the man regained his breath, The crowd booed and threw food or whatever was in their hands. Some of it hit me, but I didn't react. Only watching the man, Until he beckoned me to come and attack him. I needed to move fast to get him. Faster than anything else that I could think of. I took one step forwards, then another and another. Soon I was closing the gap to a simple 10 meters when I hunched over and started to run. And then when I was about 5 meters from him, my body seemed to fly into a blur where my hand was sent to slam into this abdomen, my left then came quickly to uppercut his armpit with a chop motion.

Somehow I had just sprinted a distance that was not even possible...... maybe my powers were becoming more apparent.

It didn't matter what the people on here thought, or did, if there were in the crowd. The fact that they were paying for a good show meant that he was going to give one, but that was it. Nick knew better than those people how to fight.

Right now, Nick was going to wait and watch to see what this opponent did. That wasn't actually an easy task, it seemed, because of the fact that this man was showing off some speed that he hadn't shown off before. It took a lot of effort to keep up with him. If this was the type of speed that he was able to keep up, Nick would definitely not find this to be an easy fight at all.

This was one of those times when he was glad he took his training seriously.

Nick was barely able to out his fist around the man's fist, the one that was heading for his abdomen. After that, another attack moved for his armpit. His other hand moved to try to slam against it, to push it down. Then the monk tried to knee the man in the stomach. This was starting to get difficult.

Both of my attacks were blocked by the man, but I could see in his face the way that he was trying to keep up with me. And dome slight fear or nervousness take over in his eyes as I continued to move faster. But that was short lived, I was kneed in the stomach and with that I fell on the ground trying to regain my breath once more. Laying on my back I looked up at him. I shook my head trying to tell him to stop. Even if I could recreate my speed of movement it would probably drain me. I spoke in between breaths.

"I... Yield... please... stop."

(sorry bro, I got busy with an Invasion and a Skirmish at the same time)

That wasn't something that he expected.

There always had to be an end to a fight, but for some reason he hadn't expected it to come anytime soon. Nick had gotten used to the idea that this man was going to block, dodge, and generally do really good in a fight. That wasn't to say that he hadn't done good, but the yielding that came out in-between breaths wasn't something that the monk had actually thought would happen right now.

He put a hand down, offering to help the man up. "You did really well. I really don't know how you got that burst of speed near the end, but wow." Nick had a wide smile on his face. "This was actually a lot more fun than I thought it'd be... and a bit more painful too."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom