Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Steps On A World Reborn

Azar City
Aurum
A shuttle shot through the atmosphere as it made its descent toward the ground.

How long had it been? Since he had been given control over the stellar vessel known as the Lunar Moth? Since he had left his Order in search of the great expanse which lingered on their new doorstep?

He felt out of touch.

As the City came into view he rolled his shoulders and let out a controlled sigh. It was an odd sight, stark white cast against a whole ocean of greenery that was the Jungles of Aurum. Somewhere within those buildings his brethren waited. His former Master. Those who had trained him, nay raised him. Who had brought him into his own.

So why the pang of anxiety?

You're fine, Zech. Just breathe... You've been doing this for years, going to new places, meeting new Je'daii, the only difference is now we have a place to exist with one another. No more jumping from system to system.

Home.

That was what this place was.

A smile replaced the frown which had masked his expression, and slowly but surely the shuttle touched down within the Spaceport. Several individuals moved in to hook it up to refueling stations, and to give it a maintenance check, no doubt since it was a marked Je'daii vessel. He wasn't going to complain, one less thing for his crew to tend to.

Exiting the shuttle he made his way through the Spaceport, footsteps filled with intent. For whatever reason he was still donning his Officer Gear, specifically marking him as a Captain. That wouldn't do, that wouldn't do at all, but honestly he'd had little else onboard the Moth that worked.

Hopefully someone would have something a little less rigid squirreled away.

First things first, he had to actually find everyone.

Aurum.

A new world.

New to Lothar, at least. The young Valkryi looked on at the beautiful green landscape the planet had to offer. Lothar had spent some time travelling to this planet, and his journey began not long after he had found out that he was force sensitive. Lothar had spent his entire life on Midvinter, until he had found out his predisposition to the force, that is.

And now, young Lothar stared out at the ground of the world below him. He had left Midvinter to seek out the Je'daii Order. An Order that seemed to suit his wants and needs almost perfectly. He wanted to learn how to wield the force without being thrust into the politics the rest of the galaxy undergoes. He wanted to acquire knowledge, and use it for the benefit of everybody he met.

Soon after the shuttle Lothar was boarded upon landed at the Spaceport, Lothar exited the shuttle and made his way for the Spaceport. Not entirely sure of where to go from here, but nonetheless excited and eager to begin the next chapter of his life.

[member="Zechiel Wyse"]

The sound of a secondary shuttle docking drew his attention.

Misty eyes fell over the direction of the vessel, and from it he could see several lifeforms - though only one exited. The ship itself seemed prepped to leave just as quickly as it had come, and Zech was more than confused by that. He hadn't seen another starship in orbit when he brought the Moth into the system. Strange.

But there had been stranger things, of that there was no doubt.

The newcomer bristled with the Force, his signature was volatile, clearly untrained... But the fact that it was not contained spoke of an understanding in the very least. Perhaps the person had tried to utilize the unseen tendrils of the Force, or maybe he had successfully done so. Who knew.

Zech did know one thing.

Through his briefings with his former Master, he had been informed of how isolated this world was - even before he had seen as much himself - and knew that those who came here very rarely did so without a purpose. Especially not Force Users.

The shuttle was gone before any sort of supplies could be produced, so that ruled out a supplier.

After a few more moments of thought he finally pressed forward, stepping toward the wayward adventurer who seemed a little out of place - his mannerisms, what little of them Zech could interpret given his condition, showed a certain awkwardness that came with not-knowing. It would be wrong of him to leave him stranded like a fish out of water.

"Hail, friend," he said, as he approached, though his tone was somewhat gruff which cut through his hospitable intents, "Welcome to Azar City."

What a funny thing to say, especially given that Zech himself had only just arrived.

Reaching for his commlink, he quickly sent a message across to Akro to get a good feel for where everyone was, a direction so to speak. Who knew, perhaps the Anzat would find cause to venture out to come and meet with him, this was a big City after all...

[member="Lothar Lundgren"]

The Valkryi stood awkwardly, not knowing where to go and not knowing who to ask. Before he had made a decision, a man approached him.

"Hail, friend." the man spoke before giving his welcome of "Welcome to Azar City."

Slightly taken aback by the approach, Lothar bowed his head as he gave his response, "Thank you." Lothar stood there for a moment longer, glancing around the general area before continuing. "May I ask for some assistance? Unfortunately, I believe I've become lost rather quickly." The Valkryi gave the man a smile, obviously unknowing of the man's blindness.

[member="Zechiel Wyse"]

Just as he had suspected, the man before him was out of his comfort zone.

Nothing that couldn't be fixed, of course.

Zech smiled at him, and with a gesture of his left hand bade him to follow as he began to walk further into the spaceport, nearing the exit which would bring them out into the City proper. From there where they ventured would largely depend on why this individual was even here.

"Where is it you're heading?" he asked, as they walked. Typically Zech wasn't the type to hold a conversation with strangers, he preferred his own solitude, but it wouldn't be a very good homecoming if he ignored the first lost soul he ran into, now, would it? No doubt his brethren would disapprove of that!

Speaking of which, a voice in his ear drew his attention from the stranger and he paused to listen.

"Master Sicmus, it's been too long," he held up one hand to signal that he'd be done soon, and listened to what the Anzat had to say. After a few more moments he said his goodbyes, before shutting off the commlink and looking back to the newcomer.

"I'm Zech, by the way, who are you? What are you doing all the way out here?"

There was no suspicion to his tone, of course, just curiosity.

Lothar allowed the kind man to lead the way, and he kept to the man's side. When he asked where it was Lothar was heading, the Valkryi cleared his throat and spoke, "I've come to join the Je'daii Order."

He looked out around at the city, trying to take it all in. He assumed he would spend time here, should he join the Order. Another moment passed, and the Valkryi looked back at the man. He watched as Zech took the call on his commlink, and studied the man's features.

"My name is Lothar. I was born on Midvinter, this is my first real expedition off of my homeworld. I'm here to hopefully join the Order."

[member="Zechiel Wyse"]

With the stranger's response came a look of surprise from Zech, and he slowly ground to a halt once they were outside.

Aurum was gorgeous, even without sight he could sense that much. The temperature was just perfect, though the air was undoubtedly humid... Perhaps a little too warm for a Valkyri, not that Zech had met any other than their Forge Master. That woman was as hardy as they came, she bent over the anvil for hours at an end despite the obvious discomfort the heat brought her. A testament to her people.

Turning to Lothar, he inclined his head ever so slightly.

"The Je'daii, you say? Curious. I did not think news of our Order had spread so far as to hit Midvinter." Then again, a report had told of one of the Journeyers visiting family of the High King there... Who knew what information had been shared, young Hex hadn't been too indepth. Something to discuss at a later date, of course.

"Then you should know that I am a Ranger of this Order. Tell me, friend, what is it you know of the Je'daii, and more importantly the Force? I wasn't aware that many Valkyri knew of the Force... Though these are changing times, I suppose."

The Valkryi had noted the weather of the planet. It was quite warm, especially for Lothar. It was something the Valkryi was going to have to get used to though.

He gave a smile to Zech, "I had done a bit of research before leaving my home. I didn't want to mindlessly give myself to the first Order I found. the Je'Daii seem perfect."

Lothar looked back out at the city. It all seemed surreal now, leaving his home for something completely new. His whole life had been spent there. Family, friends, every experience he had ever had. And all of a sudden, he had uprooted himself to start something that he wasn't really quite sure he understood. He really jumped off the deep end.

"Truth be told, I do not know much about the Order. And even less of the force. I was informed that I was sensitive, and I wanted to go out and make my own decision on who teaches me, not somebody make the decision for me."

[member="Zechiel Wyse"]

Tabula Rasa.

That was what stood before him now, a completely blank slate.

Someone with no prior conceived notions, or biases, who was here to be enlightened in their own way, at their own pace, by their own hand, rather than being force fed a load of old rubbish.

He could appreciate that. Truly he could.

With a small smile he gave a short nod of his head and gestured for him to follow as he continued on his path from the spaceport, toward the edge of the City. The Je'daii had built up a small complex, nothing permanent just a central point until a new Enclave was formed, and to give the people their privacy they had done so in a less built up part of the City. It made sense to him.

"I see, well then you came to the right place. Your relationship with the Force, how you interact with it, how you choose to view and utilize it, should be a very personal experience. There is no right or wrong way, in truth, though we seek an equilibrium - balance, moderation... Interpret that as you will, Lothar."

The further into the sun they stepped, the warmer their surroundings became. So much so that his naval jacket was feeling a little oppressive, not that he was going to break form and remove it until his entire uniform could be switched out.

"What do you hope to gain by being here? What brought you from the comfort of your planet, and its people? Solely knowledge? Or is there more to it?"

The Valkryi stripped off his outermost layer of clothing. This climate would definitely take getting used to, it was a rather stark contrast to his homeworld. He continued to walk alongside Zech as they continued onwards to the edge of the city. He glanced back in the direction of the spaceport, suddenly realizing how far he had come since leaving Midvinter.

He watched Zech as he spoke to the young Valkryi, soaking in each word.

Lothar contemplated removing another layer of his clothing, but decided against it in the end.

Then, he responded to Zech's questions. "I hope to learn how to harness the force. I'm interested in learning. Had I stayed at Midvinter, it would have been my whole life. My people are slow to embrace the concept, I don't wish to be like them. I want to see where this road takes me, and hopefully help others along the way."

[member="Zechiel Wyse"]

"A good answer" he stated, simply, after hearing all the man had to say.

No longer was he in Zech the civilian mode, no... He'd gone from Captain to Civilian to Coach all in a few minutes, it could easily have been delirious to some, difficult to slip between such roles, but for Zech it was second nature. It came with the territory. It was the only way he could really get over his misgivings when it came to social interactions: to have a purpose.

Mindless chatter? Nonsensical interactions? No, he could not do that. But give him something of substance and he would run with it.

It did not take them long to reach where the Je'daii had called home for the time being. It made sense that they would remain close to the spaceport, after all they had duties outside of Aurum to tend to. At least, he did. Whether the others chose to spread themselves further afield remained to be seen.

"The Force is apart of everything in the Galaxy. That may be difficult to comprehend, you may delude yourself into thinking you understand what that means, truly it is far too grand a concept for anyone to understand without meditation and thought. And even then some miss the point entirely. It connects everything, it runs through each object, each person, no matter how small, or how artificial, the Force has a part to play in it. There are... A few, Force dead or blocking, things that do not fit this... But they are rare, few and far between, and not really something for you to worry yourself over right now."

He turned to him, now that they were standing outside of the makeshift Academy, and glanced him up and down. He'd lost at least a layer of clothing since they began their walk, and he could tell the man was uncomfortable in even his current attire. They'd be inside, soon, among air conditioning and cooler surroundings.

"You have intrigued me, Lothar. I'd like to help you on your journey, it is not one which will ever truly be completed... However in time it will become easier to walk this path yourself, without guidance. But, you seem to be melting in this heat. Come, let us head into more suitable surroundings, and find you something to eat, no doubt your journey was a long one, and I know from experience how undesirable starship food can be."

With that he pushed open the door, and stepped into the lofty room beyond.

Lothar listened intently to Zech's explanation of the force. As he listened, he looked upon the Academy. He took in the appearance of the building, and he had a strong feeling he would spend quite a long amount of time here. After a moment or two of gazing at the Academy, he brought his gaze back to the Ranger. Truthfully, the Valkryi could not say he could even begin to really understand the nature of the force.

Zech turned to Lothar, then continued talking. He smiled at one of his comments, then bowed his head once again when the man finished.

"I appreciate everything you've done for me, Zech. I look forward to walking on this path you speak of." The Valkryi stepped into the building after Zech, feeling almost instant relief from the blistering heat.

[member="Zechiel Wyse"]

Though the Academy was temporary, it did hold a sense of permanency.

Perhaps they could keep it once the Enclave was set up, use it as a place to train any militia Aurum required, or even as a separate facility for the Je'daii that was held within the City, as opposed to in the Jungles surrounding as was the plan with the Enclave.

Either way after all this world had been through, he knew it would become something useful in the end. Something which would encourage prosperity as the civilization grew.

"You're more than welcome," he said, as they entered into the Academy. Je'daii wandered this way and that, though unlike Jedi or Sith they were not especially monk-esque in appearance, no robes draped their bodies, or a uniformed colour of garb, though many did bear obvious training gear.

Perhaps a more organized state would come in the future, but for now... They were simply as they were meant to be, moderate and free.

"After we eat, I'll get you set up in one of the dorm rooms. I doubt they'll be anything extravagant, but with the way this Order is typically run it'll have all of the essentials you'll be needing. Perhaps we'll get you some flight training, too, that way you can come and go as you please."

Leading him through the Academy, he headed in the general vicinity of the mess hall, guided by scent alone as the aroma of lunchtime meals drifted through the air.

And sure enough, the next room they came into was a long hall filled with tables, like a cantina only a little more organized. There was a station to order from, some of the food looked to be pre-prepared, but there was no doubt he could order something different if he preferred.

"Help yourself" he said, with a small gesture, remaining to one side. He had not long since eaten, himself.

The Valkryi watched as various Je'daii walked past him and Zech, going about their normal business while paying no mind to the newcomer. Lothar smiled as he and Zech continued. They walked for a short while through the temporary Academy, and Lothar studied the halls as they went through.

Soon enough, Zech led the Valkryi to the mess hall, with more Je'daii inside, enjoying their meals. He spent a moment examining the station containing the food before the Ranger next to him instructed him to eat. Lothar hesitated before moving forward to order, not wanting to seem either gluttonous or taking advantage of the free meal. He ordered light, and spent little time consuming it. He had given the station worker a gentle smile, and spoke quietly as ordered. Once he had finished his small meal, he turned back to Zech.

"Thank you, once again."

[member="Zechiel Wyse"]

He could tell, from the wavering presence the man bore, that he was nervous and uncertain. No doubt he hadn't eaten his fill, trying to remain modest and not put anyone out, but he'd at least had something so Zech wasn't about to pull him up on that fact. There would be a chance for more come dinner time, at any rate.

And so once he was finished, Zech offered a light shrug. "No need for thanks," he said, before turning to walk away from the mess hall, expecting that he was still following. He still hadn't managed to get out of his naval suit, and even with the ventilation in the Academy it felt a little stuffy, he couldn't wait to jump in a refresher and change.

There was still more to be done here, however.

"While you were eating I checked in with the Council, informed them of your arrival and admittance to the Academy. A room has been set up for your convenience, you may do with it as you please."

Leading him up a flight of stairs, and then a second one, they finally arrived within the dormitories. Some were shared accommodation, mostly for the youngsters who slept in clan bunks, others were for the rare couples that belonged to the Je'daii, most however were personal chambers, which housed just one individual. Down the corridor they wandered, before Zech finally paused outside of a door. He didn't know by the sign if it was the correct one, he just had a feeling.

"I believe this is it," he said, "Should be Room 103."

Lothar continued to follow Zech throughout the Academy. He paid close attention to the halls as they walked past, hoping to learn the layout of the place before long. He tried to get good looks at the faces of the fellow Je'daii, as well. He gave everybody he passed a light smile, planning on introducing himself at a later date, once his tour was concluded.

The Ranger brought Lothar up a flight of stairs as he told the Valkryi that he had informed the Council of his arrival. Also of his assignment of a room, which is where the pair were headed now. Once again, the young Valkryi paid mind to the halls and stairways, casually glancing in rooms as they passed. It seemed that the floor they were on housed the dormitories, as the rooms they passed contained bunks, desks and the like. While watching his surrounding pass, he almost ran into Zech when he stopped in front of room 103.

The Valkryi peered inside the room, nodding slowly. A room to his own was more than he had expected. He had thought he would be stuck in a large barrack with many others.

"This is very nice. Where do I go from here?"

[member="Zechiel Wyse"]

53b02b7e78929f372532d2689e69586a--contemporary-bedroom-modern-bedrooms.jpg
What the room would look like when he started to collect things. Imagine a more bare-bones version of this, without all the books and decorations.

The room itself was surprisingly spacious and airy, all things considered.

Ample storage, a large and comfortable looking bed - though most had a single, it seemed as though he'd been given one with a double, no doubt due to the mention of him being Valkyri... They tended to need larger spaces... - space to study, shelves which were mostly empty though a few flimsibooks and datacrons lay here and there, and windows which gave an artificial view to the outside. They weren't real, they couldn't be opened, but they would show what lay outside of the academy all the same, nice and serene, changing over the course of the day.

"It isn't much," he stated, as they stepped inside, "But you can do with it as you please. I realize you likely did not bring much with you, the wardrobe will be stocked with standard training gear and some more casual clothes once we have your size, there's an en suite refresher through that door," He gestured to a door which was on the wall beside the bed.

"Get settled, feel free to take a shower and relax, I know how taxing it can be traveling in space and I'm a veteran at such. Adjust to your new environment, and tomorrow we'll talk more. Dinner is at 5."

It was roughly 1pm right now, Aurum-Time, which gave him a little time. For his own part, Zech really needed to find the room he had been assigned to, to kick off his boots and soak for a while.

Then, no doubt, he'd be checking in with Akro.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom