Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Steps into a Larger World

[member="Joon"]

An amused smirk would form on Taeli's lips as Joon stumbled her way towards where Taeli was sitting. She would give Joon this, she was quite persistent. Taeli flicked her hand and the two familiars flew away into the shadows, the sound of their wings disappearing.

"I'll leave you to piece the puzzle together," Taeli replied. "You're a smart girl, you tell me what I am."

If Joon had been paying attention this whole time, she would know exactly what Taeli was. The small hints had always been there, but she had always preferred to be subtle. It always left some room for maneuvering and playing the real games.

Joon was tired. She was being played by everyone in a more powerful position than her. Put through her paces mentally and physically, from one world to the next. This wasn’t life. This wasn’t how the Imperials would have treated her. She’d have been leading others and fighting – tearing down walls to get in, blowing up airships to bring down a target.

Or maybe that was just part of the lie she had been sold before?

"I don’t know. I really don’t know.”

The amulet was there in her hand, and it felt rather comforting for some reason. Looking at Taeli Raaf, Joon didn’t know what to think. So she went for her gut.

"You’re a liar. A manipulator working against people. You are not a Jedi Knight.” She tossed the amulet up and down in her hand, feeling the power radiate from it. "You’re what you said you were all along. A Sith. Power. Connection. You have it all and I want what you have. Please. Let me help you. Let me in.”

Of course, she may be cut down there and then in front of a Jedi whom Joon had failed to read, but something was telling her to trust her feelings.

[member="Taeli Raaf"]

[member="Joon"]

"If you want let in, then you're going to need to change your attitude," Taeli replied, neither confirming nor denying Joon's conclusion. That in of itself should speak volumes about the answer. "You can keep that amulet for now, but to keep it permanently... I have a task for you."

Taeli had quickly realized that traditional training was... not going to work for Joon. Too much Imperial indoctrination, too much impatience only compounded by her previous master. So, that meant she would need to get creative with the girl. If Joon wanted power, Taeli would give the tried and true quest with a reward at the end to motivate her... and just maybe Joon would open her eyes to something a little bit bigger than what role the Imperials had in store for her.

A hologram of a planet would flash up on Taeli's desk, slowly rotating.

"This is the planet Nyssa in the Tapani Sector," Taeli explained. "You're to travel to the planet and meet with a young noble named Ehlara Baris and present her with this letter. Do not insult her or otherwise cause a scene. Do not read the letter as it is for that noble's eyes only. Do this properly, and you get to keep the amulet and I'll show you one technique of your desire. Understood?"

Her eyes sank before her head, and she nodded in defeat. She really had nothing to intimidate or threaten or impress Taeli with, whatever she was, so she could do no more.

The hologram came to life and the clone looked up like a little lost puppy, listening to her instructions and glancing to the letter before her on the desk. Again, she nodded.

"I understand. You command and I comply.”

She slid the letter off and held it in her hands.

"I just need a small ship and her coordinates and I will be on my way, Miss Raaf.”

Like a switch had flicked in her brain, Joon lost the attitude and disrespect.

[member="Taeli Raaf"]

[member="Joon"]

"A ship will be waiting for you at the landing pad, Uleema and Jaxson have seen to it that it will be untraceable to Erilnar or anywhere else that is associated with Aurora Industries," Taeli said, handing the letter to Joon. She had noted the immediate change in the demeanor of her apprentice as soon as she was handed a task; eager and willing to go carry it out to the letter. The promise of a reward probably didn't hurt either, still there was some urgency in getting this mission done.

Certain galactic powers were starting to eye the Tapani Sector and she wanted everything established before any expansion occurred. It was so much easier to establish secret locations when one didn't have a major galactic power watching traffic in and out of their space.

"And before I forget, one other thing for you," Taeli said, making a hand gesture. Joon's discarded lightsaber would fly over to float in front of her apprentice. "The noble you will be delivering that letter to will be slightly more amendable if you can show... evidence of your alignment. Dismissed."

She would gesture for Joon to leave as she settled back into her desk, with the last image Joon would see is a holocall coming through for Taeli with a helmeted figure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom