Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private First Impressions

Mid Rim, Garos IV,
Zila cantina

Drew Benneck took a moment to appreciate his surroundings with his ever-present secretary/babysitter Sec. "Sun, sand, AND authentic Tihaar. Tell me again why we haven't been here before?" The resort city of Zila was a welcomed difference to his icy home on Mygeeto. The young Chis secretary gave an audible sigh, "Sir, this is the edge of The Sith Empire, we should be back at the Iron Gates. Our inspection is coming up and you know how Captain Charlie gets with the representatives." Sec flipped through his datapad. "Mine 0075 - 0127 are still only at 50%-" Drew held up his hand and cut him off.
"Yes, I read your report. Let the Engineers do their job and we will do ours," he said in a stern voice. The old General then gestured to the grand view the cantina offered. "Can you just enjoy the the scenery for a moment?" Drew then poured two glasses from the bottle of clear Mandalorian alcohol and forcibly shoved one into the Chiss's free hand. "Our new 'friend' will arrive shortly and the last thing I need is to explain why my blue companion is yammering about inventory schedules."

Diocletian Kahmen’’a Diocletian Kahmen’’a

Outside the Cantina a starfighter lands just a stone's throw from the entrance. An Ubese Bounty Hunter slips out and heads for the entrance, He inwardly grimaced at the sudden increase in volume. Such a noisy place of barely restrained chaos. Diocletian slinked over to the bar to order a drink, because why not get a drink, it won't hurt. Perfect opportunity to eavesdrop without being caught, wonder what mundane topic crops up this time? Besides, he has plenty of time on his hands recently as many of the hunting jobs had dried up lately and, "The Thorn" is off somewhere only he thinks is necessary to be on, which is utterly true to form.

Besides, he's been summoned, he thought dryly, eying his drink absently, deciding to ultimately tune out the chatter as it merged into one big droning mess of gobbledygook about misbehaving vacuum droids eating the upholstery in their penthouses and badly behaved Astro Mechs doing as they pleased no matter what was asked of them.

"Blah, blah, blah." He muttered inaudibly.

Drew smacked his hand on the stand up table, shaking the empty bottles that littered its top. "-And that is why you don't go into the lower tunnels after hours!" He howled in laughter at his own joke and Sec feigned amusement. Drew was still chuckling to himself when he noticed the young man stiffen up. "Sir, he's here," the Chiss said in a short hushed tone.

Under a drunken guise Brigadier General Drew Benneck was almost having a good time. One day he would come to a place like this without an agenda, but today he needed a rogue element. This wasn't an assignment Drew could put on the records and his usual man for hire would refute the job, maybe even sabotage the whole thing. He gave a nod to the Chiss in acknowledgement and grabbed an empty bottle, continuing his overplayed drunkenness. "These all seem to devoid of desi-brable goods Sec. Be a good lad and fetch an old man another. Better yet, send it up to room."

The blue Chiss in red fatigues took the hint and left for the bar. He picked a space next to the Ubese Bounty Hunter they had planned on meeting. "Send the next round to the suite," Sec shouted at the barkeep. Without turning in the Bounty Hunter's direction he spoke in a lowered voice, "General Mech will receive you in precisely two standard hours in Suite 863." Sec then quickly returned back to the table to retrieve Drew and indulge his rouse.

Diocletian quirked an eyebrow at the Chiss, well, that was abrupt, but then again taciturn and to the point had always been the standard practice to do business around here. He made a mental note of the time and place before returning to his own drink, resisting the impulse to pour its contents over a pair of bickering Duros, arguing about Sabacc rules, who won fair and square and card hiding. Diocletian wasn't really into the game but obliges Lee when he offers.

Deciding against igniting the hum of chaos by interrupting such a petty squabble and causing a Cantina wide brawl, he got off his barstool and downed the rest of the fruity beverage by lifting his helmet briefly to do so. He's all for wanton chaos but for now, there is the prospect of business that was far more important than fighting. After an hour of increasing volume and insults, the paler of the two Duros stormed out, leaving the victor sitting in his side of the booth smug at his victory. He finished his pitcher of similarly fruity beverage before also leaving the Cantina to catch up to his friend. Quickly placing a handful of credits on the bar top.

The Ubese had been eavesdropping throughout the whole thing, how utterly ridiculous, he thought dryly. But, then again, he really couldn't talk, considering he too got into verbal spats with his older sister over similarly petty Bantha Crap.

The suite was small but it was lavishly furnished. Large chairs and couches adorned the main room, surrounding the circular hologram projector. Drew sank into the largest of them and felt the repercussions of his overindulgence. His head spun and he cursed his aging, aching body. There was once a time he could drink a Hutt under the table then be up for morning training.

"Shall I prepare a stim?" Sec asked, only a hint of a grin on his blue face. Drew groaned at the Chiss's sense of humor.
"No just get some caff going," he said, rubbing his temples in a meager attempt to stifle the pounding behind his eyes. He lifted himself from the chair and made his way to the refresher to clean himself up before his guest arrived.

Finally giving up on eavesdropping on private conversations as they got rather boring, Diocletian made his way to the suites, shoving and elbowing past the patrons that clumped together in groups to chat, as if everyone forgot what booths were for. To sit and talk. After a lot of elbowing, he made it to where the suites are. Cantinas seem to always get crowded within a couple of hours and it's like fighting Gundarks to get anywhere.

Eventually, he found the suite he was looking for, which took a little longer than anticipated.

The suite chimed a delightful tune to notify Drew and his companion that someone was at the door. For a moment the old general felt a bit naked, most of his business was conducted within the safety of the Iron Gates. Not many are bold enough to cause trouble in Drew's frozen fortress but he was a long way from home.
Sec returned to his side with hot caff and a readied stim shot. Before Drew could utter a protest Sec jabbed him in the neck. "Kriffing chakaar!" Drew cursed as the adrenaline rushed through his system and lashed out instinctively. But the Chiss was quick and easily evaded the old man's wild swing.
"You're welcome sir. Now try and be presentable, first impressions are important," Sec shot back as he opened the door to reveal their guest. He then introduced Drew with textbook Imperial etiquette.

"Good day Sir. Thank you for accepting the invitation. May I present Brigadier General Drew Benneck of The Sith Empire."

Diocletian nodded in acknowledgement, stepping into the room. He then noticed the Human, and quickly deduced that he was the one who summoned him here. Time to cut right to it.

<"You got me to come out here, what do you want?">

Last edited:
Drew looked over the Ubese. Clearly a bounty hunter by the equipment they carried and straight-to-the-point nature, but unregistered in any of the known Guilds. In a profession where reputation is everything, anonymity is a rare and glorious thing.
"What I want, Sir.....Hunter shall I call you? Is your craft and no small amount of discretion," the adrenaline was starting to hit him now and Drew began to pace as he laid out his proposition. "I have a certain greedy little fixation on the Mando'ade and their culture. Call me a collector of sorts. I can pay generously with no questions asked. In this particular interest though the item I require is a staff, a pure Beskar Quarterstaff."
The General's pacing intensified as he stired himself up. "And one might ask what does a Sith General want with an expensive stick. Why does he need a Bounty Hunter to fetch it? And I'll tell you why. Because I want to take that stick and shove it in his dirty face. I want him to know I can reach anywhere and take what I want. I-"
"Sir!" Sec interjected, "What the General means is the item in question holds sentimental value and are willing to cover whatever costs endured. If you wish to accept that is. The one who wields it has proven exceedingly difficult to locate."

Well, that is unexpected, so it'll be a mission to Mandalore, or thereabouts. He loved a challenge and this was going to be a test of skill. Diocletian began to consider equipment for the job as well. He never turns down a challenging job, it's all part of the fun and, this guy looked like he has deep enough pockets. But the pacing was getting a little irritating, but he didn't show irritation outwardly, he knew better than that.

<"I accept."> He replied, after a few moments of weighing up all the options.

Last edited:
"Excellent Sir Hunter, Drew replied. The stimulant in his system was wearing out now and he was able to regain his composer. He sat down on the end of one of the couches. "Sec will have your initial payment and target details delivered at your preference. We can also provide a ship if you need it." Drew paused for a moment then took on a more serious tone. "I must tell you now, you'll be hunting a Force user. An unskilled Padawan mind you but she has become quite the expert at staying off-the-grid. Believe me when I say she does not want to be found."

Both of Diocletian’s eyebrows shot up unseen at this, a Jedi Padawan, a very elusive Padawan by the sound of it, now this has his sharp focus because Force users are by far the most challenging to find and engage.

<“I have a Starfighter, The Hornet.” A pause and then, “As for the Padawan what should be done with her once the stick has been acquired?”>

He knew from prior experience to ask because the last time he was on a job was …. well, uncomfortable for those involved, he himself enjoyed the hunt and the kill at the end but others, not so much. There is no place in Bounty Hunting for those who are squeamish.

Last edited:
"There lies the discretion. I myself am honor bound to not cause any harm to the individual, nor do I wish for my superiors to catch wind of what I'm doing. The Staff is what I am paying you for, apprehend the girl if you must but she is no good to me dead. That being said, these are dangerous times we live in. Sometimes bad things happen to good people."
Drew then took a long breathe. He was beginning to fully comprehend his own scheme, and the consequences they might bring. Any form of success would earn Drew the wrath of one of the most dangerous men he knew, not to mention raise questions about his own loyalties.
Since the fall of his homeworld Drew convinced himself that all he did, he did for the safety and survival of his men. Aligning himself with enemies he once swore to defeat, aiding in the death and destruction of a galaxy he had vowed to defend, and now hunting down someone who had once called him friend. "Is this the right path? Drew asked himself silently then glanced over to Sec, the young Chiss had been with him through it all and once again the old general looked into those cold unflinching red eyes for comfort. Then as if reading his mind, Sec repeated, "These are dangerous times indeed Sir."

Discretion wasn't his strongest point, yeah, he can use it where necessary but prefers carnage, a lot more fun way to do it. However, this time he will just get that Staff off this Padawan he isn't one to argue with a decent contract. Diocletian found himself agreeing with Drew on the dangerous times because it's true. It's a slow slide to something worse. If rumours are to be believed.

<"Consider it done."> Besides, he liked a challenge and a Padawan would give it to him, force users require a new set of tactics and a degree of cunning on his part. This is the first decent job he's had in months. Most of the lucrative jobs and contracts have dried up like a Quarran in the deserts of Tatooine quite recently.

Last edited:
Drew rose from the couch, invigorated as the hunt began for the first piece of his puzzle. "Oya, as they say," he spouted. The quickness of his reaction caused a bit of vertigo but still straightened up his posture before continuing. "Sec will handle the logistics of this endeavor," Drew indicated to his Chiss companion.

Sec tapped away on his data pad as he immediately started speaking. "Partial payment and contract information has been sent to your ship Sir Hunter. It is imperative that this stays off the record, or you might find some unwanted competition in locating the Staff." He then started to door from their suite, talking as he walked. "We expect to hear from you soon with an update on the matter. Can we consider our business concluded?"

<"Yes, the first update will arrive when I get there, that you can count on,"> Diocletian says while following Sec to the door of the suite and promptly left, bad communication skills at play there. He navigated his way back by following his nose to the main part of the Cantina and proceeded to barge and elbow his way through towards the exit, neither worrying nor caring about those in his way. A few needed a harder shove to move. Eventually, he was outside and the change in volume was welcomed.

<"Stupid people need to learn to move before I make them."> He grumbled, making a beeline to Hornet and then climbing into the familiar cockpit he switched on the computer, careful to put the canopy down lest there are eavesdroppers.

(OOC: Forgot the <Translation things> I completely forgot them))

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom