Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public First day on the job

A new recruit has just finished training at the local military academy and is awaiting a superior officer so she can do her first mission for the Alliance. This newbie is a young twi'lek woman who hasn't even left the bustling planet she is currently on. Everyone around her can see that she's nervous, a single leg is shaking and her eyes are frantically looking around.

"Blast it...did they forget about me? Am I really that low on the card right now that they won't give their new recruits orders?"

She leans against a wall and taps her foot more, trying her best to pass the time until she can finally do something.

The Human

T
A pair of voices would echo down the corridor nearby, near the room the Twi'lek was possibly in. A robed figure with a dark mask was fitted on as he rounded the corridor was a Galactic Alliance officer...the officer seemed nervous, a human as he was a mere two inches shorter than the robed figure with their voices echoing in the hallway.

"You are sure this is not patrolled?"
"Positive my Lord, this corridor has not been in use for quite some time at the academy. We will reach the archives soon."
"Good, I want to have the information on the Metal Lords pet projects. He left many here with his droid, I am positive I can create a new command ship with it far greater than what I have."

The pair of footsteps would get louder as they seem not be noticing anyone nearby, the robed figure seemed to have an ominous presence about him. Looking at a door, the officer tapped a code as he entered inside with the robed figure as the door slid shut behind them with a small window barely showing the inside with their voices now muffled with the officer sitting down at a nearby terminal.

"It will take some time to pull up, it-"
"Then stop wasting your breath, find the entry files."

Ibra Sest Ibra Sest

The new recruit picked up on what the two figures were say and her attention was caught. She goes forward to follow them but from a distance since she hasn't been issued a weapon yet. The twi'lek then went into the door she saw the two go into and peeked in to see what exactly is going on. She whispers:

"So much for an uneventful day..."

Coruscant
Tags: Ibra Sest Ibra Sest , The Human

The GA military was unique to be sure. Driver was still trying to wrap his head around everything that was going on and had hoped that the military structure might provide some familiarity. To be fair, it did. Driver was quickly able to jump back into being a soldier as if the Clone Wars were alive and well rather than eight hundred years ago. He had just come back to Coruscant for a debriefing after a recent assignment. Now, the clone was off the clock.

Driver was, at the moment, aimlessly wandering. He was generally taking in the sights of Coruscant. trying to familiarize himself with it's newer structures. In one hand, the clone clutched a sandwich. In the other, a glass bottle filled with blue milk. While doing so, his eyes caught a rather nervous looking Twi'lek girl. Her attire suggested that she was fresh out of the academy, likely awaiting a superior officer. From the looks of it, she was anticipating her first assignment. Having been with the GA for a few months now (who graciously gave him his former rank in the Grand Army of the Republic), he figured he might as well do the responsible thing and help her get to where he needed to be. After all, he had been in that position not to long ago himself. As she walked through a doorway, he followed her through to introduce himself. Multiple figured seemed to be walking away. Strange, but not his priority.

"You look lost, recruit," Driver said, addressing the Twi'lek.

The Human

T
The tapping from the terminal was not very loud and the screen seemed to not be in full view save for a reflection in a nearby cabinets glass. Various things started to filter by, words such as Motherborne would be seen various times and strange names such as Ruby, Jade, Emerald till it landed on Sapphire. The starship seemed to be a strange starship similar to the ancient Nebulon-B Frigates over eight hundred years ago and had a status...a status that read contained. Sapphire-class Attack Frigate known as "Doorward", seemingly in storage in a shipyard above orbit of Coruscant with its technical readout on display.

"Appears the information for fleet operations is on the Doorward, in orbit over Courscant. I have the rest of the files bu-"
"I will make do with what it has. Doorward will be in my possession shortly...provided it can be done right."
"Very well, initiating download, be a minute.."

The robed figure gave a soft groan as he did not have patience for constraints. Every second they stood there, the more chance they could be discovered. Pacing along the room, he would pass by the door but did not glance through the window. Scratching his chin under the mask, he questioned if the officer would have any further use soon. Though then again, he did not anticipate the people outside...nor the idea of meeting anyone unexpectedly.

Ibra Sest Ibra Sest Driver Driver

Coruscant

“At ease, Ms. Sest,” Driver replied with a grin. He gestured to his sandwich as he continued speaking. “I’m off duty. No need for formalities. Sergeant Driver. Pleasure to make your acquaintance.”

The girl mentioned that she was unsure of where she needed to be, which was completely understandable for her first time on Coruscant. It was a large planet, and the military had a rather extensive operation. One could easily get lost.

“New to Coruscant, huh?” Driver remarked. “Could’ve sworn we had a guy who’s supposed to show new recruits around… No matter. Let’s see if we can get you where you need to be.”

Driver paused for a moment. He could hear distant speaking, the strangers that he had seen briefly perhaps? He couldn’t make out what they were saying entirely, but he could make out one word: “Doorward.” It was the name of a vessel he had heard in passing, a Sapphire-Class Attack Frigate if his memory wasn’t faulty. Ibra was slightly closer to where the strangers had gone. Perhaps she overheard more.

“You hear anything those people said?” Driver asked in a hushed tone, gesturing down the corridor.

"Yeah I did...I heard something about archives, something called Metal Lords, and some new command ship. I'm not exactly sure but I can't really do much, I have no weapons or even armor for the matter, not to mention I got no clue who or what is any of it its about."

The newbie looks at Driver and shakes her head worryingly. She looks back at the door and stares.

The Human

T
"Information download is done my Lord."

The robed figure would hear those words as he started to walk towards the officer. The voices were still a bit muffled still but audible for anyone that listened in with their ears against the door. There was an exchange, some form of datachip as the robed figure placed it into his left glove as his gritted words echoed in the room.

"Excellent, the exact location included of the Doorward?"
"That will require double the pay, wired before I will tell you."
"I assure you will be well compensated...but do not try my patience at this very moment. Where?"
"No payment, no-argh!"

The figure gripped the mans throat with his left hand, focusing on the Force as his words left from behind the mask.

"Fine, consider this your final payment Lieutenant."

Doing a Force Push on the hand while gripping the throat, there was a inaudible crack of the mans spin as his back flew upwards but his neck and head were still lifted from the ground. The mans spine, was broken at the neck from a very powerful Force Push concentrated on the neck itself. Letting the figure go, the person crumbled to the floor and gave a long sigh, turning as he walked towards the door to leave the room while muttering to himself.

"More more more...always just that...wanting more."

Driver Driver Ibra Sest Ibra Sest

Coruscant

Driver drew one of his DC-17 blaster pistols with little hesitation, placing it in the new recruit’s hands.

“Congratulations, Ms. Sest,” Driver told her. “Consider yourself armed.”

He approached the building that the two walked into, leaning his ear against the wall. They spoke briefly on the direct location of the Doorward before an argument broke out between the two. This was followed by a violent snapping sound. Driver knew with little doubt that that was a spine. This was a force user.

“Oh great,” Driver muttered to himself. He immediately backed away from the wall, turning to Ibra with haste. “From this moment on, I’m back on the clock. We need to get out of here immediately. I’ll brief you on the way. Hope your prepared for a first assignment.”

If they moved quickly, they would be gone before the potential hostile discovered them.

Defense Force Complex,
Coruscant

Ari honestly couldn't understand why the GADF kept dragging her back to Coruscant. It wasn't like the Senate's Defense Committee needed anything from her, or they would've called her forward themselves, and she wasn't spending her time in meetings or giving briefings - it seemed every trip ended up another small formality or authorization form that could've been handled by an M3 droid back on Fresia. Maybe this time they'd have an actual mission or something. Fat Chance of that happening, Major.

The boots of her flight suit clicked against the floor as she made her way towards an administrative. All of a sudden she saw a young twi'lek with what looked like a Fett Clone, How many of those found themselves in stasis?, rushing away from a building, DC-17s in hand. Ari didn't need her odd instincts to know something was off, but the concern she could feel flowing out of the clone and the creeping uncomfortable cold she felt climbing her spine told her that something was wrong. Drawing her Vibrodagger in her left hand and Feverwasp in her right, Ari chased after the Clone quickly, noting the GADF Sergeant marks on his armor as she projected her voice towards them in a shout.

"Sergeant, what in the name of Alderaan's Ghosts is going on here?"

Coruscant
Tags: Ibra Sest Ibra Sest , The Human, Ari Naldax Ari Naldax

Alderaan’s Ghost was a newer saying, something relating to a tragic event that took place after Driver went under. He still needed to learn more about it, but now wasn’t the time.

“Apologies, Ma’am,” Driver began, assuming the woman addressing him to be his superior, “But we’ve been compromised. The threat is force sensitive. I heard them snap the neck of their accomplice after an argument. From what I could gather, they’re after Sapphire-Class Attack Frigate Doorward. Me and this new recruit were just on our way to report the incident.”

Driver glanced back, checking to see if the individual had emerged from the room yet.

“I suspect it may be a Maw infiltration,” Driver continued in a hushed tone, “Whatever the case may be, the GADF needs to be informed of this immediately. The crew of the Doorward are in grave danger.”

Hopefully, Ibra would be able to roll with the punches on this one. It wasn’t your typical first assignment.

Ibra sighs and readies the old clone pistol while stacking against the door. She wasn't expecting to do anything this intense on her first day.

"Well at least we seem to outnumber them for the time being...who knows? Maybe we'll all get promotions if we capture them?"

The recruit looks over at Driver and Ari, waiting for them to lead the way.

"So much for a simple assignment..."

The Human

T
The distinct grumbling would increase as he approached the door, unaware of the three beings behind the door. The Human had always had a bit of a weakness detecting people...or the use of common sense at times. Even at times obliviously unaware of things that could soon be starting...but he had a goal in mind, a quest so to speak...he needed to end this needless conflict. All of it, governments that rise and fall on a yearly basis...this was not a way to live.

Getting towards the door, he pressed his hand to have the door slide open to only be given a denial noise. It did not identify him to leave the actual room. What kind of joke is this? Thought the Human, tapping on the button on the side as he got increasingly annoyed at the stupidity of locking a door from the inside and not allowing people to even get out! Getting beyond frustrated, he gave out a anguished groan that was a bit loud and focused on the Force.

Lifting his right hand, he used the Force to grip the side where the sliding door locked and swung his arm to the side. The wrenching noise was quite loud, parts of metal would fly outside the room in almost a shower of sparks. Walking out of the rom, he would be in full view as he glanced left and right, seeing or not seeing the individuals in question as he started to walk towards the way he came in...if others were in the way, he would deal with them.

Ibra Sest Ibra Sest Driver Driver Ari Naldax Ari Naldax

Defense Force Complex,
Coruscant

Suddenly Ari was taken almost out-of-body for a split seconding, seeing sparks fly from the door as it slid opened and a masked, cloaked figure came out. Brought back to the present she threw her arm around the Twi'lek and dragged the boot with her as she dived into cover, hoping the Clone had reasonable enough reflexes to dive in after them. "GET DOWN!" As the unexpected vision came true, she slammed her gun hand against the communicator on her left wrist, a button cuing up an encyrpted link to the the GADF's security forces.

"This is Major Ari Naldax of the Starfighter Corps - Security Breach at Admin Two-One-Alpha, Intruder has not fired yet, appears force-using. Security Team Requested"

With the brief message shot off to the security force, Ari turned a dial on her Feverwasp to set it to stun and nodded to the Clone Trooper. Popping up from the cover she fired a pair of stun shots at the intruder before dropping back below.

Ibra Sest Ibra Sest Driver Driver The Human

Coruscant
Tags: Ibra Sest Ibra Sest , Ari Naldax Ari Naldax , The Human

"Well at least we seem to outnumber them for the time being...who knows? Maybe we'll all get promotions if we capture them?"

“Don’t get too ahead of yourself, kid,” Driver remarked with a grin. “That’s easier said than done.”

It didn’t take long for the force user to make their move. The door was dragged open, sending sparks flying everywhere. Almost immediately, the woman who had questioned him dove for cover, leading Ibra to safety as well. Driver, a skilled combatant in his own right, immediately dove for cover.

"This is Major Ari Naldax of the Starfighter Corps - Security Breach at Admin Two-One-Alpha, Intruder has not fired yet, appears force-using. Security Team Requested"

Major Naldax wasted no time drawing her weapon and setting it to stun. Her pistol was similar in likeness to his own DC-17s, perhaps a newer model. Driver followed her lead, ready his pistol and firing stun rounds at the Sith, or what he could only assume was a Sith.

“There can’t be only one, can there?” Driver pondered out loud. “If this is an attempt at a covert op, it’s a lousy one.”

Ibra aimed the borrowed blaster and shot off some stun bolts at the strange figure, still somewhat shaken from the door being completely destroyed. Trying her best not to get in the way but still help take down the suspect.

"There needs to be some reinforcements for us nearby! Why is a supposed sith here in the first place, I though Coruscant was safe!"

The Human

T
The shouting of words rose an alarm as he turned, only to get shot in the shoulder by a stun bolt from the Twi'lek among the group first, having taken a step back. His right arm had become stunned and almost impossible to move which meant they wanted to capture him....raising his left arm right as the next bolt was to come, he projected a Force Barrier around him just as he kneeled over. The Force Barrier shimmered as the rest of the Stun Bolts would be absorbed from it though fluttered on each hit. Keeping his left arm raised, the Human shook his right arm as he tried to get feeling back into it, having gone numb and lame for a short period of time.

"How rude, treating an uninvited guest like this, more so for one expecting a Sithspawn."

The right arm would then move, rather lazily as he tried to use the Force with it...with disastrous results. What was an effort to be a Force Pull the individuals from cover, backfired into pulling part of the ceiling tiles and lights down, sparks showering the ground as the lights flickered in the daylight. Parts of the ceiling tiles would litter the floor, insulation floating in the air as the right arm went back down limp. That obviously did not work as he tried to start standing back up, this was not an area to stay in...that one shot, nearly took him out.

Driver Driver Ibra Sest Ibra Sest Ari Naldax Ari Naldax

Defense Force Complex,
Coruscant

Pulling her flight jacket over her head to shield herself from the sparks, Ari sprinted over to another corner for cover, closer to the intruder. "Perfectly suitable hospitality for someone trespassing on military property!" She quickly let off another pair of only partly-aimed stun bolts before sprinting to yet a closer piece of cover, trying to get a good look at the intruder. If his senses in the force were any count, he'd probably pick up on an aura of untrained force sensitivity from her, and from this distance, she could definitely feel, if not understand, the dark aura surrounding the masked figure.

"Are you supposed to be a sith of some kind?"

The Human Ibra Sest Ibra Sest Driver Driver

Coruscant
Tags: Ibra Sest Ibra Sest , The Human, Ari Naldax Ari Naldax

I though Coruscant was safe!

“Safe is relative, kid,” Driver laughed as he continued to fire stun rounds at the target. “It ain’t like the stories out here, not by a long shot. You’ll learn that soon enough.”

The Sith, however, did not seem to be as much of a threat as he first seemed. He talked himself up, but the all did. His body was responding negatively to the stun rounds, and even his ability to use the force was turning against him.

"Are you supposed to be a sith of some kind?"

“Some kind is a bit generous,” Driver noted. He thought back to the republic era and the Sith Lord at the helm of the CIS. Compared to his previous experience, this was a bit of a letdown. “I suggest you surrender, ‘Sith.’ Save us the headache.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom