Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Location Firewall

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Hub
barlangis_ii_by_erikshoemaker-d8aj80w.jpg

The Undergound
underground_by_stgspi-d94lxiq.png

in_a_shadow_of_the_cyberpunk__01_by_darkenter-d5i92m1.jpg

Slums
investigation_in_the_slums_by_freemind93-d798w52.jpg

Bargain's End
bazar_by_olgaokd-dafa0o1.jpg

Slicers Bay
the_office_by_jacobcharlesdietz.jpg

The Butcher
cyberpunk_med_clinic_by_axl99-d6rlvs5.jpg

Shell of the Ghost
atrakaj_town_2_by_bountylist.jpg

Blue Light District
junkyard_by_dustycrosley-d5syd6y.jpg

Name: Firewall

Image Source:

Classification: Urban Center

Affiliation: Darth Abyss

Population: 270000

Demographics: 65% Droids, 30% Human/Near Human, 5% Other

Points of Interest: The Hub, The Underground, Slums, Bargain's End, Slicers Bay, The Butcher, Shell of the Ghost, Blue Light District

Description: Firewall is what happens when you allow a group composed of free, masterless droids and a anarchstic slicers, tinkerers and general tech nerds to build their own paradise on a dead, but free world like Malachor V. Everything in Firewall revolves around technology in on way or another, from trade to parties and distractions all over the city. From the outside it looks like a collection of huts and makeshift homes centered around a few real buildings and a tower in the center, but a closer look reveals the many layers that the city is actually composed of: Below the ground runs a long, complex network of tunnels which lead there straight from the railroad in the Spheres of Ash. But that's not all that waits below the surface. A unnamed network of datastreams connects almost every home or establishment inside Firewall, running a virtual reality which can be entered either directly (If you are a droid) or through one of the many Dreamchambers that can be found all over the city. Meetings, trade, or just hanging out, most people of firewall prefer to deal with their friends, foes and business partners through the network instead of meeting in person, to some degree because the simulation can become highly addictive. While this network allows information to flow extremely quick through the city, it is also a structural weakness, as many establishments are build around the use of the network, or even require the network to be operational. The community of Firewall is close to each other, and while crime and violence is as common here than in most of the other Free Cities, it is not unheard of Mob justice for outsiders and others that come and threaten the city itself.

The Hub: A tower that stand in the center of Firewall that fits many purposes at once. It is the main powerplant of the city, which makes it irreplaceable to the population reliant on a virtual network. But beyond that the Hub also serves as main server farm inside Firewall, hosting the mainframe for the simulation that is accessible in the whole city. The further away something is from the hub, the slower and less immersive the simulation becomes. Under the Hub is a large nightclub, a common hangout for slicers and information brokers that want the best and fastest connection to the network, as well as for junkies with enough money to pay for quick access to the network. The Hub is owned by Darth Abyss, basiclly allowing him command over Firewall if needed.

The Underground: A complex of networks that runs below Firewall, some not large enough for an average person to walk trough, others large enough to hold hundreds of people at once. Formally an addition to the railroad network of the Spheres, it began to eroded when the railroad itself was overtaken by gangs in the Spheres. While it is possible to travel between the two cities through the tunnels, it is said to be close to impossible, as no one really knows what exactly is done there, as most tunnels and parts of the railroad have been build by various different groups without any form of coordination between them. The underground is known for is parties as much as for the criminals that have their hideouts down there. No one really owns anything in the underground, and most parties or events hosted there simply happen in places scouted by the hosts beforehand.

Slums: The Slums surrounded the whole city, creating a ring of poverty that shrouds Firewall. The closer one gets to the hub, the better the living conditions get, and while the outside edges of the slums are riddled with nothing but dirt, scrap and death, the inner circle could be almost considered a solid place to live in, with small shops and establishments selling low priced tech that isn't considered good enough for Bargain's End

Bargain's End: The innermost circle around the Hub, Bargain's End is a large market where vendors sell their selfmade goods to city inhabitants and outsiders. Almost any imaginable piece of tech can be found there, from weapons, to civil tools to make live easier. Also many people offer repairs and other services including network security and other digital goods there. Bargain's End is know for its extreme competitiveness and only high quality products, or very skilled salesmans can be expected to generate income there.

Slicers Bay: A borderline abandoned housing block in the east of the city, in a medium distance from the Hub, known for its very active slicer community. Here everything revolving around the idea of cracking or disabling digital networks can be found, if you know where to look. The people of Slicers Bay prefer to stick to themselves, and while they offer their services to others, it is a very costly process, and even then you will have to find someone that has enough trust to lead you to the parts of Slicers Bay where actual people are found.

The Butcher: A medical clinic in the north of the city, know for its very lax policy regarding experimental cybernetics and other dangerous connections between tech and biological beings. While you can get patched up here like in almost any clinic in the galaxy, the Butcher is frequented by many cybernetically enhanced men and women to get either new tech implimented or to get repairs. Most people working in the Butcher don't possess any legal medical degree, but through time and experience, and a number of deaths in between, they have learned a lot about the proper conduct for medical procedures.

Shell of the Ghost: A part of the slums that covers almost the entire southside of Firewall, a realm planned and build by droids for droids, with shops and establishments tailored for the needs of non organic sentients. From repairs to entirely new bodies, maintenance, over to memory dens everything can be found here, allowing the inhabitants to lead a live not unlike that of the part of Firewalls population that is biological in nature. While this district has rather strict rules, especially when it comes to discrimination of droids, everybody is welcome there as long as they remain peaceful. Yet it it far from unheard that the droids there capture and publicly execute anyone that comes by with the intent of threatening their way of life.

Blue Light District: Located on the western edge of the city is a gigantic scrapyard, where a large portion of the resources used in Firewall come from, constantly illuminated by artifical, slightly blue light from the many headlights build around it to make the search for useful parts easier. The Blue Light District is still notorious for being even more dangerous than the Underground, as it is a place that not only has no law (a statement true for all of the Free Cities), but as a place with no rules and no ruler, where even Abyss words only holds a bit of weight, as the people that live there are little more than mindless savages. It is advised to never enter the Blue light District unarmed.

History: Firewall began as nothing but a collection of huts, a storage place and junkyard at the end of the Spheres Railroad system. But as things tend to go on Malachor V, since The Floating Market laid a foundation for a new society on the dead planet, this small settlement didn't stayed that small for long. In the beginning it was just a bunch of discarded droids that build their homes there, after being basically thrown in the trash by their owners in the spheres, out of the scrap that came with them. After a while word got around, and free droids, a group that has many members that have no real home to go to, from all over the galaxy sought out the freedom of Malachor, in hopes of building a community where they had the same rights as anyone else. That was the first spark, but the story didn't ended there.

Droids, due to their nature as machines, often posses an affinity for technology, a trait they share with some members of organic races. While at first only droids cared for the call, with time many biologicals, mainly those that had proceeded to alter their body with cybernetics willingly came to Firewall, at this time still a city without a real name. They created a tight, closed community that was heavily invested in the creation and use of technology. There was the second spark, when the first Dreamchambers were brought to the city. The creativity of biologicals, combined with the intelligence and efficiency of droids lead to a brainchild which still holds a key position in the city, a data network that links almost everything, allowing for a near instant flow of communications between the inhabitants. With time this network was slowly growing, with new features being added nearly every day, until it made the step from a simple data network into fully fleshed out virtual reality.

The third and last spark needed for the fourth of the Free Cities to fully rise, was a small scale attack by the imperial remnant. Until then the people of Firewall had only looked with fear at the man that controlled Malachor V, but when the picture of Darth Abyss fighting of the intruders in the front lines spread through the city, the people realized that the sith was not just there to rule when he saw fit, but also as a dark guardian that watched out over his cities, and that he, while maybe not really sympathetic to its population, would never allow anyone to take away the freedom that Malachor offered. This encouraged many to make deals with the other cities from which they had tried their best to stay isolated, which allowed for substantial grow of Firewalls structure and infrastructure. This was also what inspired Abyss to gift the Hub to the people of Firewall.

Intent: To create a City on Malachor that ties in with the already exsiting ones, adding a more tech focused branch to the planet.

Links: Cryptonite - City Dev Thread

Hello, my name is Jayden and I'll be the Codex Judge working with you on this submission. Let's see what we can do to get Firewall approved shall we.

My main concern are the amount of small spelling mistakes in here. It reminds me of a submission that was written in a hurry and as such certain words in the discription are missing letters or have the wrong letter in place. I'd recommend a once over proof read, just correcting a few of these mistakes. While they don't hinder the submission too much, I am rather picky and would like to see a few of them cleaned up before I hand this up to the other RPJ's for a second approval.

Other than that, I have no real concerns. This is a well thought out submission and a place I can see slicers fitting into well, should any PC's want to move in. There is enough there for writers to easily settle in if they want and all in all I have no real problem or want to ask much else of you. I like the submission and I look forward to seeing it used well. Just give it a once over like I said and all should be golden.

Thanks,
Jayden

[member="Darth Abyss"]

[member="Jayden Sanders"] Did my best, but spelling is really not my strenght when it comes to large texts like this. Used a spellcheck software and looked over it a few times myself, but I know myself well enough to know that there are still a few mistakes that I will never find lol.

[member="Darth Abyss"]

Yeah, that's fair enough. There's one or two I can spot but I know you tried to clean up the best you can so I'm not about to pull you up on them. Cause i'm still a trainee I'll stick a stamp on this and get a qualified CJ to pass it up to the higher ups.

Thanks for working with me,
Jayden

I'm happy to see the things you are making are getting some use. I would encourage you to keep staging your rps in those areas. After all, what's the point of all the effort you've spent on these submissions if they don't get any attention?

Approved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom