Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Firestorm Multiple Missile Launcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tegaea Alcori

Firemane Industries CEO
Firestorm Missile Launcher

MIssile.png

[SIZE=11pt]OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION[/SIZE]

• Intent: To create a powerful, man portable multiple missile launcher. The ability to carry 12 concussion missiles into battle is balanced by the extreme weight, armour requirements and potentially harmful effects if the missiles blow up prematurely.
  • Image Source: Here. Cyclone Missile Launcher from Warhammer 40k.
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Restricted Missions: N/A
  • Primary Source: Uses Deathstrike Missiles. Inspired by Cyclone Missile Launchers.
[SIZE=11pt]PRODUCTION INFORMATION[/SIZE]
  • Manufacturer: Firemane Industries & Technology
  • Model: FM-ML01
  • Affiliation: Closed-Market (Firemane & approved purchases only)
  • Modularity: Missile loadout can be modified.
  • [SIZE=11pt]Production[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]: Limited[/SIZE]
  • Material: Standard launcher components, small shield projector.
[SIZE=11pt]TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS[/SIZE]
  • Classification: Multiple Warhead Personal Missile Launcher
  • Size: Large
  • Weight: Very Heavy
  • Ammunition Type: Missiles
  • Ammunition Capacity: 12 missiles.
  • [SIZE=11pt]Reload Speed: [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] None[/SIZE] Tactically at least impossible to reload..
  • Effective Range: Long Range,
  • Rate of Fire: Average
  • Stopping Power: Very High
  • Recoil: High
[SIZE=11pt]SPECIAL FEATURES[/SIZE]
  • Launcher is a rack of 12 missiles split into 6 over each shoulder. These must be bolted onto heavy armour and cannot be manually used or removed in battle.
  • Missiles are usually Deathstrike Model 1, but can be exchanged for ion or smoke missiles.
  • Launcher cannot be reloaded realistically during combat. Thus once all twelve are expended, that’s it for the battle.
  • A small shield generator protects the launcher.
  • Targeting information and aiming is passed through to helmet HUD. A handheld targeting device helps aim.
[SIZE=11pt]Strengths[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]:[/SIZE]
  • Salvo. The Firestorm can fire one, two or as many missiles as wanted in a salvo. Almost always a single missile will be fire at once to conserve ammunition and so there is not overkill.
  • Versatile. Able to fire at air or ground targets, with regular or special missile types. The Firestorm can fulfil multiple roles.
  • Payload. The payload of the Deathstrike is particularly potent against enemy vehicles and defences, as well as aircraft. The Firestorm can damage or even destroy heavy walkers with a couple of missiles.
[SIZE=11pt]Weaknesses[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]:[/SIZE]
  • Heavy. With a huge weight of missile and launcher, this can only be secured to heavy power armour, making the slow even slower. This makes the user slower and clumsier by multiple times.
  • Ammunition. Twelve missiles is all which can be carried. Reloading is not possible in a battlefield situation. Once the missiles are used, that’s it, the launcher is useless except as a weight.
  • Reactive. Though it has a small shield to protect the warheads, a powerful attack which pierces that and sets off a missile…one does not need a diagram to realise that will make a big bang. Keeping the Firestorm out of harm’s way is essential.
  • Requirement. This device can only be attached to sets of armour that are augmented to help the wearer bear the weight.
[SIZE=11pt]DESCRIPTION[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]With the introduction of its Deathstrike missiles, Firemane had gone a long way to simplifying the vast amount of missiles available. However, some tactical uses were still unfilled. A missile launcher carrying Deathstrikes on foot was severely limited by ammunition as the missiles were heavy and reactive, so handheld versions were limited by weight or capacity.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]The solution was to introduce a heavy launcher which would be mounted on the shoulders of heavy armour to provide twelve missiles whilst leaving the user’s hands free. Sophisticated targeting and optics allowed the launcher to be accurately targeted at air or ground targets alike. An infantry force could therefore bring along a mobile artillery piece which could take out tanks, aircraft, light bunkers or infantry with ease. It could even be preloaded with droid killing ion missiles or smoke to cover allies. The missiles could be launched in any number, though one or two at a time were common to preserve ammunition.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Naturally there were downsides. With only twelve missiles and an inability to reload, the Firestorm would have to ration its ammunition through a long battle. Further, the weight of the launcher would slow down a user even if they were wearing exo-armour. Finally, even with a small shield protecting the launcher, a shot which managed to score a hit on one of the warheads might well cause them all to detonate, with devastating consequences.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]The Firestorm is another piece in the puzzle for an elite infantry force. By providing their own support fire, the infantry to be dropped into combat without needing to have artillery or vehicles inserted as well. [/SIZE]

Hello! I'll be judging your submission this evening!

So this is A LOT to have as an infantry-line weapon. I realize that wearing heavy armor is a step in the right direction, but a 12-bay missile launcher is going to be extremely heavy, AND it hosts a shield generator. I'm going to need some things to happen here.

I'm going to need the 12 missiles reduced to 6, that's the most I can see being carried without an augmented armor suit that helps the person with the weight. Also I'll need the production lowered to Limited.

[member="Tegaea Alcori"]

Tegaea Alcori

Firemane Industries CEO
Adron Malvern said:
that's the most I can see being carried without an augmented armor suit that helps the person with the weight.
That is the intention, that you need, for want of a better word, power armour to bear the weight, or be of a very strong species.
If I made that clearer in the sub could we stay with 12?

Production changed to limited.

[member="Adron Malvern"]

That is doable. I need a weakness that states something along the following:

"This device can only be attached to sets of armor that are augmented to help the wearer bare the weight."

So basically you'll need to sub a suit of power armor, or edit one, to allow it to carry this. If this is violated then this submission will be denied.

[member="Tegaea Alcori"]

Tegaea Alcori

Firemane Industries CEO
[member="Adron Malvern"]
I am perfectly happy to do this. I will not use it until I have an armour suit approved which has it noted that it can carry this launcher.

Edit made as an extra weakness.

[member="Tegaea Alcori"]

Question: Your original submission indicates that a crew of two is required to launch these missiles. What has changed in that only a single person is now able to fire these?

Tegaea Alcori

Firemane Industries CEO
[member="Jamie Pyne"]
Sure, because the launcher is single shot it requires one person to load and another to fire.

The Firestorm though is pre-loaded and can’t be reloaded in battle. Thus, twelve shots but can’t reload, as opposed to a more mobile launcher which is one shot but much more reloads.

So it’s a trade-off, so it’s balanced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom